Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
camjr01
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 10:34 pm
Posts: 9
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 10:27 am 
 

The title is self-explanatory. I'm looking for any single track, in any genre, that meets this requirement. While it is not what I am looking for, I will accept tracks ten minutes under 1:30:00, but I am looking mainly for unbroken tracks that are greater than or equal to 1:30:00 in length. These do exist, but currently, I only know of this one, as well as songs in the Bull Of Heaven discography.
_________________
Stagnation begins when you stop trying to improve

"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice."- Proverbs 12:15

Long Live the West

Do not do it because it feels right, but because it is right.

Top
 Profile  
Z0MBIE
Metalhead

Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:00 am
Posts: 1004
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 10:24 am 
 

I don't think you'll find many metal tracks longer than The Great Barrier Reefer by Bongripper, let alone The Descent of Man.

Outside of metal there's the The Rise and Fall of Bossa Nova track by P C III.
_________________
caspian wrote:
Lesson #0 in life: don't be a fucking retard.

childrenofthenight wrote:
Would you say you were touched by Satan's Almighty Penis?

Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Posts: 149
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 1:41 pm 
 

Z0MBIE wrote:
I don't think you'll find many metal tracks longer than The Great Barrier Reefer by Bongripper, let alone The Descent of Man.

Outside of metal there's the The Rise and Fall of Bossa Nova track by P C III.

Definitely recommend Great Barrier Reefer.
_________________
The_Evil_Hat wrote:
Now imagine Varg in prison. As he is trying to practice his tortured wails, an inmate comes us behind him and begins to rape him. As he is being raped Varg continues to sing. That is something like what these vocals sound like.

Top
 Profile  
camjr01
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 10:34 pm
Posts: 9
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:29 am 
 

Z0MBIE wrote:
I don't think you'll find many metal tracks longer than The Great Barrier Reefer by Bongripper, let alone The Descent of Man.


I wasn't trying to find anything loner than The Descent Of Man, just a song longer than 1:30. I only mentioned the Descent Of Man because I already knew about it and it's an example of a song that would work for this request. Even a song that's 1:40 would work, I'm just trying to see if any metal tracks (besides the Descent Of Man) break the hour and a half mark.

Also, I already know about Bongripper and The Great Barrier Reefer, I'm trying to find something longer.
_________________
Stagnation begins when you stop trying to improve

"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice."- Proverbs 12:15

Long Live the West

Do not do it because it feels right, but because it is right.

Top
 Profile  
Opus
Veteran

Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:06 am
Posts: 3037
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 3:25 pm 
 

The longest track I know is John Cage's Organ2/ASLSP. As of now it's 19 years long, but it has never been played all the way through. It's being played right now, an will be finished 2640. It's 639 years long.
_________________
Do the words Heavy Metal mean anything to you other than buttcore, technical progressive assgrind or the like?
true_death wrote:
You could be listening to Edge of Sanity right now, but you're not!

Top
 Profile  
Daniels 4 Beasts
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:22 am
Posts: 73
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 6:54 pm 
 

Havergal Brian's Symphony #1 is about 1hr 45min. Its Wikipedia page also mentions Kaikhosru Shapurji Sorabji's 2nd Organ Symphony which runs nine hours & Mahler's 3rd Symphony (90-105mins)

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Morphine1873 and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group