Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ThStealthK
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:39 pm
Posts: 33
Location: Dominican Republic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:39 am 
 

baldadeath wrote:
Witcher wrote:
Regarding Venus: Inthis list all demos of erly Cuban metal and hard rrock bands are listed. you ccan also try to contact Baldadeath, who compilled the list, he may know more. heHe is also active in this thread.
https://thecorroseum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5749
Something about Venus and Zeus in English:
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-a ... diony-arce


Hi, thanx for mentioning me... I wish I could help but I am in delicate health moment; As long as I can't recover from brain hemorrhage and lost of 60% of my sight, I think I can't do much: I was trying to fix errors and omissions in the countless japanese band pages but it's really annoying to work with just one eye only at the moment

WOW. Reading this is pitiful and painful, I wish you speedy recoveries as well as improvements.

Top
 Profile  
baldadeath
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:45 pm
Posts: 141
Location: Bulgaria
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:51 am 
 

Spoiler: show
KingSpooky wrote:
These 3 bands are featured on a compilation tape from 1994, "Italian Devils Compilation Volume 1", which appears to contain all metal bands (of which there are 8 in total). The others are on M.A. already. If any of them have a release, there's a good chance that they could be added to the site.
https://www.discogs.com/release/2091749 ... pilation-1
https://distorsore.blogspot.com/2016/09 ... ion-1.html

Needs research. - Atom Lies
Location: Rome, Lazio, Italy
Track name: "Sacred Stone"
Write-up, translated to English: "a truly frontal and powerful track that could immediately hit live. Too bad for this Roman band who quickly lost their tracks."

Needs research. - Sudici
Location: Sesto Fiorentino (Florence), Tuscany, Italy
Track name: "Wizard of Doom"
Write-up, translated to English: "without too many pretensions but with a lot of attitude and passion, the Sudici proposed an overwhelming mixture of genres without ever losing sight of the effectiveness of their live music."

Needs research. - Opera Omnia
Location: Pistoia, Tuscany, Italy
Track name: "Screaming"
Write-up, translated to English: "poised between Progressive and Power Metal these Tuscans seemed to want to retrace both the viaticum of the sacred monsters of the genre in the previous decade, and enrich themselves with dark contaminations, also in this case a pity due to the lack of continuity of this latest promise from our HM."

Needs research. - Asmodeus / Асмодеус
Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Listed genre: Black/Death Metal
Band members: Viktor (vocals, keyboards, percussion), Sascha (drums), Yegor (bass, guitars, keyboards, percussion), Veatuleek (guitars)
Discography: "Quietus" 14-song demo tape (1997)
Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/release/2092435 ... us-Quietus



As for Sudici from Sesto Fiorentino, yes, they released a demo and you can check the cover on my old FB page (I don't run it anymore because I totally lost my archived files on last february or so, so I gave up):
they recorded a demo and if you get in touch with Massimiliano Dionigi, a cool guy) he may make a rip for you:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7364550 ... 0792414209

There are other bands mentioned who released demos not yet listed, expecially from the town of Florence - I really don't care about that group I created since long time and I don't know if you need to be accepted before surfing it.

Anyway, there is another band from my hometown Prato which need to be found:

Needs research. - Truth Zone
Location: Vaiano, Italy
- the first heavy metal band in the province to release a dempo tape with 4 songs. They were composed by Marco Pulidori on bass guitar (Jazz Jazz on FB) and Andrea Lastrucci on guitar (he was a schoolmate): Me and ne of my best friend had the original demo but we both lost it. I met the guitarist around summer 2019 and he told me he still has the original copy and the mp3 files but when I wrote back to him, he never replied.
Also the bass player promised me to send sooner or later the demo tape (I still remember the price: 4000 Lire, back in 1991) but he never did.

See if you are luckier than me: maybe Edoardo Faggi from Dream Void and Hellwrath should have a copy of Truth Zone demo as last time I saw him he told me so

Top
 Profile  
baldadeath
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:45 pm
Posts: 141
Location: Bulgaria
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:52 am 
 

if you have additional information, samples or missing information about these bands, you can feel free to complete and add them. They all come from my drafts but I don't know if you can view them. In case, just ignore or delete this post:

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/%D ... 3540492087

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/V ... rld/960802

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Tantrum/3540491175

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Torture/3540491166

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Su ... 3540491163

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/%D ... 3540478624

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ju ... 3540475489

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Pa ... 3540426742

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ex ... 3540433679

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ba ... 3540433926

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Co ... 3540434785

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Climax/3540434842

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sa ... 3540434855

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Hactraz/3540436503

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Fe ... 3540442205

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Spine/3540442207

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Pr ... 3540442209

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Moloch/3540442500

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Leones/3540443752

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Me ... 3540445856

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ex ... 3540445943

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Fr ... 3540445945

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ja ... 3540452585

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Le ... 3540455743

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sa ... 3540455744

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Da ... 3540455886

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Un ... 3540456695

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Nuklus/3540456803

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Dread/3540459218

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Di ... 3540459294

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Me ... 3540459342

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ap ... 3540459562

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/As ... 3540460887

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Di ... 3540460999

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Vi ... 3540462448

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Th ... 3540462595

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/%D ... 3540468307

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ax ... 3540471621

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/II ... 3540471623

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Victim/3540471626

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Rizer/3540471628

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/%D ... 3540471718

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/LSD/3540471720

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Brasero/3540471915

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Juglar/3540472490

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Pe ... 3540473556

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/De ... 3540473572

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/A_ ... 3540475438

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ca ... 3540475444

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Hu ... 3540443870

Top
 Profile  
KingSpooky
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 1287
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:24 am 
 

Thanks for the information about those Italian bands, Baldadeath. I'll look into those leads soon, as well as the drafts that you started. Hope you get feeling better.

Top
 Profile  
Zygmunt J
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:54 am
Posts: 10
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:24 pm 
 

KingSpooky wrote:
Zygmunt has vast knowledge in NWOBHM and metal from Cuba. After looking at a lot of information on his NWOBHM page and the meticulous and detailed reports put in to help correct and add information to this site, he's only ever provided factual information that checks out, and it's been greatly appreciated.



Thanks KingSpooky for the kind words. I'm confused.

As for Venus

Roberto Armada "Skippy" Barredo was one of the founders of Venus, along with Miguel Rodríguez (g) Julio Rojo (g), Héctor Volta (dr) and Jesús Jardines (voc).

Here is the list of musicians that played in the band Venus:

Jesus Jardines- voc
Jesus Fonseca- voc
Dionisio Arce- voc
Carlos “Koky” García- voc
Tomaides Cobas- voc
Gustavo Fernández- voc
Miguel Rodriguez „El Muelle” Darias- g
Julio Rojo- g
Ulises Seijö Valdez- g
Carlos Alberto Arboleya- g
Roberto Armada “Skippy” Barredo- bg
Jorge Luis Barba- bg
Barbaro Cuervo- kybds
Hector Volta Calzadilla- dr
Rodolfo “Rodolfito” Rodriguez - dr
Frank Marticorena- dr

As for Zeus

It is not true that Dionisio Arce Campos sang at Zeus in 1988.

Zeus, was formed on April 12, 1988. Havana
That first line up was made up of:
Luis Alberto Ramirez and Iván Vera Muńoz on guitars, Miguel de Oca on bass, Aramis Hernández Cadalso on drums and Ivan “Carvi” on vocals.
After leaving Venus, Diony joined a band called SENTENCIA.
In June 1990, they played a concert at the "teatro Liberación", de Villa Clara, along with Alto Mando, Estirpe and Zeus.
Unfortunately, internal disagreements led to an early breakup of the band.
This separation led Diony to try his luck at ZEUS, at the beginning of 91. The singer's term of office, however, was short-lived, he left after only a few months.
In December '96 he breathed the air of freedom again and met up with his old ZEUS colleagues. In April of the following year, he sang at their concert at the band's invitation. He returned as a member of ZEUS in September 1997
I hope it will be useful in further research

Top
 Profile  
Zygmunt J
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:54 am
Posts: 10
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:52 pm 
 

Zygmunt J wrote:
KingSpooky wrote:
Zygmunt has vast knowledge in NWOBHM and metal from Cuba. After looking at a lot of information on his NWOBHM page and the meticulous and detailed reports put in to help correct and add information to this site, he's only ever provided factual information that checks out, and it's been greatly appreciated.



Thanks KingSpooky for the kind words. I'm confused.

As for Venus

Roberto Armada "Skippy" Barredo was one of the founders of Venus, along with Miguel Rodríguez (g) Julio Rojo (g), Héctor Volta (dr) and Jesús Jardines (voc).

Here is the list of musicians that played in the band Venus:

Jesus Jardines- voc
Jesus Fonseca- voc
Dionisio Arce- voc
Carlos “Koky” García- voc
Tomaides Cobas- voc
Gustavo Fernández- voc
Miguel Rodriguez „El Muelle” Darias- g
Julio Rojo- g
Ulises Seijö Valdez- g
Carlos Alberto Arboleya- g
Roberto Armada “Skippy” Barredo- bg
Jorge Luis Barba- bg
Barbaro Cuervo- kybds
Hector Volta Calzadilla- dr
Rodolfo “Rodolfito” Rodriguez - dr
Frank Marticorena- dr

As for Zeus

It is not true that Dionisio Arce Campos sang at Zeus in 1988.

Zeus, was formed on April 12, 1988. Havana
That first line up was made up of:
Luis Alberto Ramirez and Iván Vera Muńoz on guitars, Miguel de Oca on bass, Aramis Hernández Cadalso on drums and Ivan “Carvi” on vocals.
After leaving Venus, Diony joined a band called SENTENCIA.
In June 1990, they played a concert at the "teatro Liberación", de Villa Clara, along with Alto Mando, Estirpe and Zeus.
Unfortunately, internal disagreements led to an early breakup of the band.
This separation led Diony to try his luck at ZEUS, at the beginning of 91. The singer's term of office, however, was short-lived, he left after only a few months.
In December '96 he breathed the air of freedom again and met up with his old ZEUS colleagues. In April of the following year, he sang at their concert at the band's invitation. He returned as a member of ZEUS in September 1997
I hope it will be useful in further research


as for the sentence:

"In early 1990, the band became increasingly "hot" due to divergences and contradictions, which led to "Skippy" and "Diony" leaving the band to form another band with a more aggressive metal character"

I'm sorry I was imprecise

Miałem na myśli dwa rózne zespoly
Skippy-METAL OSCURO
Diony -SENTENCIA

Top
 Profile  
BuriedUnborn
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:01 pm
Posts: 164
Location: Arhelltina
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:25 am 
 

Spoiler: show
Zygmunt J wrote:
KingSpooky wrote:
Zygmunt has vast knowledge in NWOBHM and metal from Cuba. After looking at a lot of information on his NWOBHM page and the meticulous and detailed reports put in to help correct and add information to this site, he's only ever provided factual information that checks out, and it's been greatly appreciated.



Thanks KingSpooky for the kind words. I'm confused.

As for Venus

Roberto Armada "Skippy" Barredo was one of the founders of Venus, along with Miguel Rodríguez (g) Julio Rojo (g), Héctor Volta (dr) and Jesús Jardines (voc).

Here is the list of musicians that played in the band Venus:

Jesus Jardines- voc
Jesus Fonseca- voc
Dionisio Arce- voc
Carlos “Koky” García- voc
Tomaides Cobas- voc
Gustavo Fernández- voc
Miguel Rodriguez „El Muelle” Darias- g
Julio Rojo- g
Ulises Seijö Valdez- g
Carlos Alberto Arboleya- g
Roberto Armada “Skippy” Barredo- bg
Jorge Luis Barba- bg
Barbaro Cuervo- kybds
Hector Volta Calzadilla- dr
Rodolfo “Rodolfito” Rodriguez - dr
Frank Marticorena- dr

As for Zeus

It is not true that Dionisio Arce Campos sang at Zeus in 1988.

Zeus, was formed on April 12, 1988. Havana
That first line up was made up of:
Luis Alberto Ramirez and Iván Vera Muńoz on guitars, Miguel de Oca on bass, Aramis Hernández Cadalso on drums and Ivan “Carvi” on vocals.
After leaving Venus, Diony joined a band called SENTENCIA.
In June 1990, they played a concert at the "teatro Liberación", de Villa Clara, along with Alto Mando, Estirpe and Zeus.
Unfortunately, internal disagreements led to an early breakup of the band.
This separation led Diony to try his luck at ZEUS, at the beginning of 91. The singer's term of office, however, was short-lived, he left after only a few months.
In December '96 he breathed the air of freedom again and met up with his old ZEUS colleagues. In April of the following year, he sang at their concert at the band's invitation. He returned as a member of ZEUS in September 1997
I hope it will be useful in further research


Many thanks for the info, I updated my draft for Venus and the info for Zeus, they look like this now:
Spoiler: show
Venus:
Image
Zeus:
Image
_________________
My drone ambient project

Moshing: Dancing like a madman, perpetrating a frantic and violent dance which consists in jumping and whipping your body against other brainless idiots until you enter an irrational and brutal pyramid of pleasure.

Last.fm
Research list

Top
 Profile  
BuriedUnborn
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:01 pm
Posts: 164
Location: Arhelltina
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:46 am 
 

Needs research. - Aluren (United States)

Band from Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, active from 2002 to, at least, 2003. No idea what they played, but they insisted a lot that what they played was metal, albeit with some melodic stuff thrown in apparently, so I guess it could be anything, but I'd argue it's likely metalcore.

Demo EP (19/4/2003, CD)
1. Cries of Plagiarism
2. The Demise of the Evil Marmot
3. Stab Wounds
4. Your Aftermath's Infliction
5. Tittle (Music for Nymphos)

The CD was available for $5 at their shows, as mentioned in their webpage (linked below).

Last known line-up (as of 2003):
- Adam (Bass)
- Andy (Drums)
- Fish (Vocals, previously guitars) (ex-Deranged Monkeyz)
- Jon (Guitars)
- Brandon (Guitars, Backing vocals)

- Jake (Guitars)

All members joined in 2002, Jake left in 2002 as well (because his mom pulled him out of the band, bruh). They were all around 15-16.

Links:

- Local Band Network
- Official site @ archive.org
_________________
My drone ambient project

Moshing: Dancing like a madman, perpetrating a frantic and violent dance which consists in jumping and whipping your body against other brainless idiots until you enter an irrational and brutal pyramid of pleasure.

Last.fm
Research list

Top
 Profile  
baldadeath
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:45 pm
Posts: 141
Location: Bulgaria
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:20 am 
 

Zygmunt J wrote:
Zygmunt J wrote:
KingSpooky wrote:
Zygmunt has vast knowledge in NWOBHM and metal from Cuba. After looking at a lot of information on his NWOBHM page and the meticulous and detailed reports put in to help correct and add information to this site, he's only ever provided factual information that checks out, and it's been greatly appreciated.



Thanks KingSpooky for the kind words. I'm confused.

As for Venus

Roberto Armada "Skippy" Barredo was one of the founders of Venus, along with Miguel Rodríguez (g) Julio Rojo (g), Héctor Volta (dr) and Jesús Jardines (voc).

Here is the list of musicians that played in the band Venus:

Jesus Jardines- voc
Jesus Fonseca- voc
Dionisio Arce- voc
Carlos “Koky” García- voc
Tomaides Cobas- voc
Gustavo Fernández- voc
Miguel Rodriguez „El Muelle” Darias- g
Julio Rojo- g
Ulises Seijö Valdez- g
Carlos Alberto Arboleya- g
Roberto Armada “Skippy” Barredo- bg
Jorge Luis Barba- bg
Barbaro Cuervo- kybds
Hector Volta Calzadilla- dr
Rodolfo “Rodolfito” Rodriguez - dr
Frank Marticorena- dr

As for Zeus

It is not true that Dionisio Arce Campos sang at Zeus in 1988.

Zeus, was formed on April 12, 1988. Havana
That first line up was made up of:
Luis Alberto Ramirez and Iván Vera Muńoz on guitars, Miguel de Oca on bass, Aramis Hernández Cadalso on drums and Ivan “Carvi” on vocals.
After leaving Venus, Diony joined a band called SENTENCIA.
In June 1990, they played a concert at the "teatro Liberación", de Villa Clara, along with Alto Mando, Estirpe and Zeus.
Unfortunately, internal disagreements led to an early breakup of the band.
This separation led Diony to try his luck at ZEUS, at the beginning of 91. The singer's term of office, however, was short-lived, he left after only a few months.
In December '96 he breathed the air of freedom again and met up with his old ZEUS colleagues. In April of the following year, he sang at their concert at the band's invitation. He returned as a member of ZEUS in September 1997
I hope it will be useful in further research


as for the sentence:

"In early 1990, the band became increasingly "hot" due to divergences and contradictions, which led to "Skippy" and "Diony" leaving the band to form another band with a more aggressive metal character"

I'm sorry I was imprecise

Miałem na myśli dwa rózne zespoly
Skippy-METAL OSCURO
Diony -SENTENCIA



Hi! But were you ever able to find the cover for the Zeus latest album "La verdad prohibida" (2015)? It was reviewd song by song in tracklist order, promoted and could be obtained somehow writing to the label but I've never came across the cover or anything else

Top
 Profile  
cmg92
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:18 am
Posts: 39
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:18 am 
 

Needs research. - Bloodvomit
(Usa).
Thrash / Death band. Two rehearsals from the 80's but cannot find proof of VR. See HMR link.


Needs research. - Purification
Location: Brazil
Genre: Death/Doom?
Rip of demo here. No info or proof of VR online.


Last edited by cmg92 on Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Top
 Profile  
baldadeath
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:45 pm
Posts: 141
Location: Bulgaria
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:33 am 
 

To Zygmunt:

About Zeus, here it is, on page 3:

http://www.timba.com/page_files/0001/37 ... inados.pdf

And, speaking of cuban metal: do you know more about Médula?

Until this morning only the first demo was listed, but checking their FB page and a biography, I found A LOT more. I added the releases I found information about, but yet, according to the pictures in their FB, 3 albums are missing: "La reencarnacion" is a full lenght and it also appears twice on the above link: despite in the biography below it is described as a fully auoproduced album, it is on the same label as Zeus; while I have absolutely no idea what the other two releases, the one with blue cover and the one with black cover on the top right are. Maybe one of them is the second DVD titled "Inercia" (or maybe not) and the other is a single... who knows... _

https://www.facebook.com/15057254503083 ... 44/?type=3

But I am afraid there could be even more releases:

https://www.facebook.com/15057254503083 ... 22/?type=3

(the one on the top left is the album "Reencarnacion" and I have no idea about the one on the bottom left)



And this is their biography:

http://zmol.cl/sonidos/medula/revista-zmol

Top
 Profile  
Zygmunt J
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:54 am
Posts: 10
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:17 pm 
 

baldadeath wrote:
To Zygmunt:

About Zeus, here it is, on page 3:

http://www.timba.com/page_files/0001/37 ... inados.pdf

And, speaking of cuban metal: do you know more about Médula?

Until this morning only the first demo was listed, but checking their FB page and a biography, I found A LOT more. I added the releases I found information about, but yet, according to the pictures in their FB, 3 albums are missing: "La reencarnacion" is a full lenght and it also appears twice on the above link: despite in the biography below it is described as a fully auoproduced album, it is on the same label as Zeus; while I have absolutely no idea what the other two releases, the one with blue cover and the one with black cover on the top right are. Maybe one of them is the second DVD titled "Inercia" (or maybe not) and the other is a single... who knows... _

https://www.facebook.com/15057254503083 ... 44/?type=3

But I am afraid there could be even more releases:

https://www.facebook.com/15057254503083 ... 22/?type=3

(the one on the top left is the album "Reencarnacion" and I have no idea about the one on the bottom left)



And this is their biography:

http://zmol.cl/sonidos/medula/revista-zmol




To Baldadeath and BuriedUnborn

It's about Medula:

Sorry baldadeath, I can't help you. I have no idea.

It's about Zeus:

I've never looked for this cover, I don't have it.
Years ago, after collecting recordings of about 200 Cuban bands, I stopped following this scene closely.
I still watch what happens there, but not as intensely as I used to.
No time.

BuriedUnborn, I have reviewed your info about Venus and Zeus. Well done, but I think you can add a few more names to the Zeus story.

Their lineup was very unstable and changed frequently. Especially in the early years of the band.
The first changes took place already in the first year of Zeus' existence.
Here's a list of some names of musicians from the first 10 years of the band who played in Zeus that I remembered. I think there were a few more names later on.

Vocalists:

Abel Rodríguez (1988-1989)
Julio César “Pachy” López ((1989)
Iván Leyva (1993-1994)
Roberto González (1995-1996)

Guitarists:
Irvin Díaz (1988)
Roberto Ramírez (1991)
Amed Medina (1991-1992)
Fito Crespo (1994)

Basists:
Jorge “el Yoyo” Gámez González (1988-1989, returned to the band in 1992)
Javier “Choli” García (1989-1991)
Eduardo Mena (1991-1992),
Paquito Mosquera (1991)

Keyboards:
Ramón Arias (1988)

Curiosities:

Virgilio González- his nickname is El Villy not El Billy

Luis Alberto "El Luiso "Ramirez also took on the role of vocalist when there was no one else

Paquito Mosquera was the bassist of a heavy metal / hard rock band called Red, founded in the late 1970s by vocalist and guitarist Jorge Martínez. He also played with Irvin Díaz at the band Sentencia.

Iván Leyva later joined the progressive metal band Sahara

Amed Medina formed the band A-19 with which he recorded a 4-track demo in 1995.

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 930
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:48 am 
 

The folllowing are all potential additions sourced from bands currently listed on the sight. These are often early releases from listed bands under a previous name that we do not have listed on the sight yet.


Needs research. - Mind Starvation (France)

Active: 2001-c.2004
Current incarnation: Oppression

Discography:
-7 track demo (year unknown)


Needs research. - V.U.E.L.O. (Argentina)

Active: 2012-2018
Current incarnation: Kala Sumeriah

Discography:
-2016 album
-2017 album (unconfirmed)


Needs research. - Nagor Mar (Switzerland)

Active: 2007-2012
Current incarnation: Forty Shades

Discography:
-3 track demo, 2009


Needs research. - Angar (Spain)


Active: 1998-2000
Current incarnation: Hira

Discography:
-demo (year unknown)


Needs research. - Dead End (France)

Active: ?-1994
Current incarnation: Advocatus Diaboli

Discography:
-Buried Alive, demo (year unknown)


Needs research. - Pegasus (Turkey)

Active: 1987-c.1989
Critical Mass

Discography:
-live tape, 1989

Members:
-Burak Özcü (guitars)
-Savaş Demirkaya (vocals)


Minor name change. - Relic (Finland)
Spoiler: show
Active: 1991-1994
Current incarnation: Relication
Discography:
-10 track demo (1993)


Minor name change. - Aslan (Argentina)
Spoiler: show
Active: ?-2012
Current incarnation: Proyecto Aslan
Discography:
-Demo, 2010


Listed on page 74 in a similar post. - Astrakaan (Sweden)
Spoiler: show
Active: 2005-2013
Current incarnation: Dead Kosmonaut
Discography:
-W.O.C., 5-track demo (2006)
_________________
islwnd wrote:
Grow the fuck up and mind your own business.


Last edited by MetalCuresHeadaches on Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
baldadeath
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:45 pm
Posts: 141
Location: Bulgaria
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:12 am 
 

MetalCuresHeadaches wrote:
The folllowing are all potential additions sourced from bands currently listed on the sight. These are often early releases from listed bands under a previous name that we do not have listed on the sight yet.



Relic (Finland)

Active: 1991-1994
Current incarnation: Relication

Discography:
-10 track demo (1993)


Aslan (Argentina)

Active: ?-2012
Current incarnation: Proyecto Aslan

Discography:
-Demo, 2010


Mind Starvation (France)

Active: 2001-c.2004
Current incarnation: Oppression

Discography:
-7 track demo (year unknown)


V.U.E.L.O. (Argentina)

Active: 2012-2018
Current incarnation: Kala Sumeriah

Discography:
-2016 album
-2017 album (unconfirmed)


Astrakaan (Sweden)

Active: 2005-2013
Current incarnation: Dead Kosmonaut

Discography:
-W.O.C., 5-track demo (2006)


Nagor Mar (Switzerland)

Active: 2007-2012
Current incarnation: Forty Shades

Discography:
-3 track demo, 2009


Angar (Spain)


Active: 1998-2000
Current incarnation: Hira

Discography:
-demo (year unknown)


Dead End (France)

Active: ?-1994
Current incarnation: Advocatus Diaboli

Discography:
-Buried Alive, demo (year unknown)


Pegasus (Turkey)

Active: 1987-c.1989
Critical Mass

Discography:
-live tape, unknown year

Members:
-Burak Özcü (guitars)
-Savaş Demirkaya (vocals)



Pegasus (Turkey) live tape was recorded in 1989

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 3041
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:55 am 
 

Re-added The Ninth Gate to the list.
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Heavy Metal Rarities - Last.FM - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
KingSpooky
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 1287
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:43 am 
 

GraveWish - regarding T.R.U.T.H., it's hard to tell whether this is listed correctly on Discogs or if the band is actually Deadspeak here, but it could either be taken into consideration for a potential Truth entry, or added to the Deadspeak page depending on what is determined -
https://www.discogs.com/release/2106706 ... -Deadspeak
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Deadspeak/20746
also:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202756099943
(Truerealityundoesthehatred = Truth)

Top
 Profile  
GraveWish
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:49 am
Posts: 1065
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:59 am 
 

The discogs entry is a TRUTH CD from 1998. You can check the back cover of the CD here https://www.amazon.com/Deadspeak-T-R-U- ... B000G3ML76
_________________
Quote:
Thank you for the posting my project on Encyclopedia Metalum, but we are not “Blackened Death Metal” we are “Plague Metal" it’s huge difference.

Top
 Profile  
KingSpooky
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 1287
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:08 pm 
 

Okay - so Discogs is 10 years off on that release. That's partially why I wasn't sure, since it looked like that was their name before Deadspeak.

Needs research. - Likkra
Listed genre: Heavy Metal
Location: Unknown
Discography: Demo tape (year unknown; track listing: Death of a Mind/ 5-Days/ Vlad/ Black Death/ Damned)
eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/144300434168?h ... SwM~BhmmTl
Image backup: https://imgur.com/a/8J9QQjv

Top
 Profile  
Zygmunt J
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:54 am
Posts: 10
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:36 pm 
 

Zygmunt J wrote:
baldadeath wrote:
To Zygmunt:

About Zeus, here it is, on page 3:

http://www.timba.com/page_files/0001/37 ... inados.pdf

And, speaking of cuban metal: do you know more about Médula?

Until this morning only the first demo was listed, but checking their FB page and a biography, I found A LOT more. I added the releases I found information about, but yet, according to the pictures in their FB, 3 albums are missing: "La reencarnacion" is a full lenght and it also appears twice on the above link: despite in the biography below it is described as a fully auoproduced album, it is on the same label as Zeus; while I have absolutely no idea what the other two releases, the one with blue cover and the one with black cover on the top right are. Maybe one of them is the second DVD titled "Inercia" (or maybe not) and the other is a single... who knows... _

https://www.facebook.com/15057254503083 ... 44/?type=3

But I am afraid there could be even more releases:

https://www.facebook.com/15057254503083 ... 22/?type=3

(the one on the top left is the album "Reencarnacion" and I have no idea about the one on the bottom left)



And this is their biography:

http://zmol.cl/sonidos/medula/revista-zmol




To Baldadeath and BuriedUnborn

It's about Medula:

Sorry baldadeath, I can't help you. I have no idea.


BuriedUnborn, I have reviewed your info about Venus and Zeus.

Their lineup was very unstable and changed frequently. Especially in the early years of the band.
The first changes took place already in the first year of Zeus' existence.
Here's a list of some names of musicians from the first 10 years of the band who played in Zeus that I remembered. I think there were a few more names later on.

Vocalists:

Abel Rodríguez (1988-1989)
Julio César “Pachy” López ((1989)
Iván Leyva (1993-1994)
Roberto González (1995-1996)

Guitarists:
Irvin Díaz (1988)
Roberto Ramírez (1991)
Amed Medina (1991-1992)
Fito Crespo (1994)

Basists:
Jorge “el Yoyo” Gámez González (1988-1989, returned to the band in 1992)
Javier “Choli” García (1989-1991)
Eduardo Mena (1991-1992),
Paquito Mosquera (1991)

Keyboards:
Ramón Arias (1988)

Curiosities:

Virgilio González- his nickname is El Villy not El Billy

Luis Alberto "El Luiso "Ramirez also took on the role of vocalist when there was no one else

Paquito Mosquera was the bassist of a heavy metal / hard rock band called Red, founded in the late 1970s by vocalist and guitarist Jorge Martínez. He also played with Irvin Díaz at the band Sentencia.

Iván Leyva later joined the progressive metal band Sahara

Amed Medina formed the band A-19 with which he recorded a 4-track demo in 1995.

Top
 Profile  
KingSpooky
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 1287
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:47 pm 
 

Needs research. - Seattlemetal.com archived forum/band list
There are a number of metal bands featured on this old site/forum, www dot seattlemetal dot com (now a dead link) - it contained merchandise and websites of Seattle, Washington and surrounding area bands, and the site was active from 2000-2007, approximately. This link is a capture from 2003 (later versions might contain more bands, but also seem to have more bugs in looking at the archive of the site). I didn't go through all of the archived dates, so there may well be a better version of it than this available at waybackmachine.

https://web.archive.org/web/20031003053 ... /bands.htm

Top
 Profile  
BuriedUnborn
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:01 pm
Posts: 164
Location: Arhelltina
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:02 pm 
 

Spoiler: show
Zygmunt J wrote:
Zygmunt J wrote:
baldadeath wrote:
To Zygmunt:

About Zeus, here it is, on page 3:

http://www.timba.com/page_files/0001/37 ... inados.pdf

And, speaking of cuban metal: do you know more about Médula?

Until this morning only the first demo was listed, but checking their FB page and a biography, I found A LOT more. I added the releases I found information about, but yet, according to the pictures in their FB, 3 albums are missing: "La reencarnacion" is a full lenght and it also appears twice on the above link: despite in the biography below it is described as a fully auoproduced album, it is on the same label as Zeus; while I have absolutely no idea what the other two releases, the one with blue cover and the one with black cover on the top right are. Maybe one of them is the second DVD titled "Inercia" (or maybe not) and the other is a single... who knows... _

https://www.facebook.com/15057254503083 ... 44/?type=3

But I am afraid there could be even more releases:

https://www.facebook.com/15057254503083 ... 22/?type=3

(the one on the top left is the album "Reencarnacion" and I have no idea about the one on the bottom left)



And this is their biography:

http://zmol.cl/sonidos/medula/revista-zmol




To Baldadeath and BuriedUnborn

It's about Medula:

Sorry baldadeath, I can't help you. I have no idea.


BuriedUnborn, I have reviewed your info about Venus and Zeus.

Their lineup was very unstable and changed frequently. Especially in the early years of the band.
The first changes took place already in the first year of Zeus' existence.
Here's a list of some names of musicians from the first 10 years of the band who played in Zeus that I remembered. I think there were a few more names later on.

Vocalists:

Abel Rodríguez (1988-1989)
Julio César “Pachy” López ((1989)
Iván Leyva (1993-1994)
Roberto González (1995-1996)

Guitarists:
Irvin Díaz (1988)
Roberto Ramírez (1991)
Amed Medina (1991-1992)
Fito Crespo (1994)

Basists:
Jorge “el Yoyo” Gámez González (1988-1989, returned to the band in 1992)
Javier “Choli” García (1989-1991)
Eduardo Mena (1991-1992),
Paquito Mosquera (1991)

Keyboards:
Ramón Arias (1988)

Curiosities:

Virgilio González- his nickname is El Villy not El Billy

Luis Alberto "El Luiso "Ramirez also took on the role of vocalist when there was no one else

Paquito Mosquera was the bassist of a heavy metal / hard rock band called Red, founded in the late 1970s by vocalist and guitarist Jorge Martínez. He also played with Irvin Díaz at the band Sentencia.

Iván Leyva later joined the progressive metal band Sahara

Amed Medina formed the band A-19 with which he recorded a 4-track demo in 1995.


Thank you a lot, I updated everything. Do you have any more info on the A-19 demo?
_________________
My drone ambient project

Moshing: Dancing like a madman, perpetrating a frantic and violent dance which consists in jumping and whipping your body against other brainless idiots until you enter an irrational and brutal pyramid of pleasure.

Last.fm
Research list

Top
 Profile  
Zygmunt J
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:54 am
Posts: 10
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:26 pm 
 

Thank you a lot, I updated everything. Do you have any more info on the A-19 demo?[/quote]


That's all I have

https://imgur.com/a/azej93S

Top
 Profile  
KingSpooky
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 1287
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:20 am 
 

Needs research. - Sirihon
Location: Greece
Genre: Black Metal
Fairly newer band that recorded 3 demos, which have circulated through blogs and mp3 sharing sites. It's unclear whether or not they had a physical release and if downloads of had been available from the band at some point. Here are several links to further information. At the Facebook page they refer to their "second self-released demo" when posting a link to a YouTube video. Would really just need to find out what format one or more of their demos had been released on.
https://myspace.com/sirihon
https://undergroundskini.blogspot.com/s ... el/SIRIHON
https://www.facebook.com/Sirihon-288387590100/
https://www.youtube.com/user/SirihonBand/featured
Digital compilation appearance: https://www.discogs.com/release/7410542 ... etal-Scene
https://greek-metalarea.blogspot.com/se ... irihon?m=0

Top
 Profile  
cmg92
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:18 am
Posts: 39
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:15 pm 
 

cmg92 wrote:
Purification (Brazil). Death/Doom? Rip of demo here. No info or proof of VR online.


Not sure if you saw this Spooky due to my bad formatting in the OP.

Top
 Profile  
KingSpooky
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 1287
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:05 pm 
 

Thanks - I missed that one. Will add it to the list.

Top
 Profile  
KingSpooky
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 1287
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:53 pm 
 

Needs research. - Angeles de Acero
Needs research. - Estigia
Needs research. - Solar
Location: Argentina
Band member: Diego Camaño (drums)
This artist was in 4 bands not yet listed on the site that are described on his Facebook page as being of the heavy, progressive, or power metal genres (update: 3 left to research). Might be worth getting in contact to find out if any had releases. (If getting in contact, please ask if Condor Cruz has split up, as it seems very likely to be the case).
https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/ ... B1o/651718 (Facebook page in 'links')
( Rock. - Ravensoul Creed )

Core. - The Hidden Valley
Spoiler: show
Genre: Technical Death Metal
Location: Colombia
Discography: "The Hall" CD-R EP (2013, produced by Diego Rodriguez. Trinity Records - https://www.metal-archives.com/labels/T ... ords/51948 ). Label is still active, and likely has more releases than what is on their M.A. page currently:
https://www.facebook.com/Tri.Rec.Bog/


Already listed. - The End
Spoiler: show
Location: Colombia
Genre: Metal (?)
- they had a song, "New World Order" on this Trinity Records compilation (see above for label links):
https://www.discogs.com/release/1471820 ... ck-Of-Ages
Seems to be almost, if not entirely a metal compilation. 6 of the 8 bands on it are listed on M.A., the exceptions being this and a band called Reject (who don't seem as worth pursuing because of their song title).

Top
 Profile  
BlackFlag
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:30 pm
Posts: 285
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:23 am 
 

Ravensoul Creed's sole album:
https://open.spotify.com/album/653y5TFWIFQLa6RRuckkOt
It sounds hard rock-ish, at first glance.

The Hidden Valley changed their name to "Entre Valles" and sounds like Metalcore to me:
Full EP available here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipvu1AD ... LRJz2CTSYm

TheEnd is already in the archives:
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/TheEnd/3540485360

Top
 Profile  
KingSpooky
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 1287
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:45 pm 
 

Thanks - these have been updated.

Needs research. - Dissident (also known as Диссидент)
Location: Russia
Genre: Heavy/Power Metal
- recorded a 12-song demo in 20??, and they aren't the band listed on M.A. Only info available is here, along with a full download:
https://heavymetalrarities.com/forum/vi ... 28#p223128
(note that the song titles listed are rough translations from handwritten Russian language. The last song is a cover of Metallica "Sad But True").

Update:
New info was found. These songs are from 2002 (the last from '03), and are downloadable at their official site. There is no cover art to qualify it as a digital release, but through using a translator in some parts of their site, they refer to a demo - hopefully a physical copy existed. I'll post this here, so feel free to look further into it and submit if you're able to.
http://dissidentband.narod.ru/
http://music.lib.ru/d/dissident/

Their bass player was: https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/ ... #ui-tabs-1


Needs research. - Гора, На Которой Растут Бобы (a.k.a. Gora Na Kotoroy Rastut Boby)
Location: Russia
Genre: Heavy Metal
- likely another band that was around for years, having several recordings but no official release. Listing them here in case someone wants to look into it further, though. In addition to the songs at the link below from their original activity period of 1985-1990, they were featured on a compilation with 7+ bands, and had later recordings mentioned as well on the HMR forum page.
https://heavymetalrarities.com/forum/vi ... 19&t=41282
https://www.discogs.com/artist/4042782- ... 0%B1%D1%8B

Top
 Profile  
KingSpooky
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 1287
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:11 am 
 

Needs research. - Nightstalker
Location: California, US
Genre: Heavy Metal
- a 3-song demo (mid-'80s) is referenced on the Heavy Metal Rarities forum. Info about its existence likely came from a 'zine, and the Corroseum fanzine section would be a good place to start searching for details about a release. Their song "She's Got the Power" is on the "California's Best Metal" compilation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgyXynATFp0 (song @ 9:20)
Logo/band members: https://heavymetalrarities.com/forum/vi ... ghtstalker

Needs research. - Sneak Attack
Location: US (not the New Jersey band on the site)
Genre: Heavy/Power Metal
Members unknown.
Recorded a 3-song demo in the '80s (sounds more like the early-to-mid than late '80s, but exact year is unknown; track listing: Fugitive/ Hold You Near/ Assume the Position)
Info and download here: https://heavymetalrarities.com/forum/vi ... hilit=198x

Needs research. - Fuzzbender
Location: Turku, Varsinais-Suomi, Finland
Genre: Rock (?), Metal (?)
Band members: https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/ ... 3%A4/47461 (drums), Aki Laiho (bass), Ismo Kankaanpää (guitars), Sasu Mykkänen (vocals, guitars). The latter 3 eventually worked with a different drummer and changed their name to Devillac, a grunge/stoner rock band.
Discography: https://www.discogs.com/artist/2074158-Fuzzbender
- hopes of this band playing metal are fairly low, but I've just moved them from the site to over here until samples can be found. Last known email contact: ismo.kankaanpaa@kolumbus.fi

Top
 Profile  
0th
Suicidal Angel

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:59 pm
Posts: 245
Location: China
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:34 pm 
 

Needs research. - Dunkel
Location: Sweden
Genre: Black Metal
The pre-Dimhymn band, release a demo "Darkened Bleeding Journey", format unknown.
The demo was mentioned on Dimhymn's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/dimhymn/about_details
There's an entry on Spirit of Metal, as you can see, the logo is not Dimhymn but Dunkel: https://www.spirit-of-metal.com/en/albu ... rney/24336
Dimhymn: https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Dimhymn/27663

Top
 Profile  
KingSpooky
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 1287
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:35 pm 
 

Regarding Mechanix (Brazil), I found a sample that sounds more like a rock band than metal (part of their only known short release) - with pop influences in certain areas of the track strongly overriding anything that is somewhat metal about it. Going to cross them off the list.
https://soundcloud.com/ricardopires-4


Removed Royal Blood (US) from the list - looks very metal, but is rock/pop music ('89 demo available at HMR forum).


БезДна (Ukraine) removed from list. Was determined a while ago that this is mostly nu-metal.

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 7077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:29 pm 
 

Regarding Jack Power: Her (Syria:
Here's some info for Balda death:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcGtesIy23Y
Also an interview:
https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... al/360606/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWXMOmq4avM
IIt seems , that his early bands wre just cover bands, such as Jack Power and The Storm.
https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Jack_Power/93271

Top
 Profile  
baldadeath
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:45 pm
Posts: 141
Location: Bulgaria
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:47 am 
 

Witcher wrote:
Regarding Jack Powr: Her (Syria:
Here's some info for Balda death:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcGtesIy23Y
Also an interview:
https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... al/360606/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWXMOmq4avM
IIt seems , that his early bands wre just cover bands, such as Jack Power and The Storm.
https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Jack_Power/93271


Yeah, thanx :)

On his page there are some interesting images but I don't know if they ever recorded something (like live tapes or whatever else)

Anyway, here are some info:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jack-Pow ... =page_info
https://www.facebook.com/groups/659703667384578/
https://www.facebook.com/Syian.Metal.Bands

Top
 Profile  
GraveWish
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:49 am
Posts: 1065
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:21 pm 
 

Needs research. - Decay
Location: London, England, UK
Genre: Melodic Death/Thrash Metal
Later known as https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Vi ... ylum/10494
Recorded a demo in the early 2000: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahGZTv_oxNc
The demo is wrongly added to the Violent Asylum page here: https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/V ... ecay/23203 and needs to be removed.
_________________
Quote:
Thank you for the posting my project on Encyclopedia Metalum, but we are not “Blackened Death Metal” we are “Plague Metal" it’s huge difference.

Top
 Profile  
KingSpooky
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 1287
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:53 pm 
 

(Antioch) - regarding Access (Texas), the music is metal enough - still looking around for a proof of release. Bassist Anthony Lynn's real last name is Bradford (still a very common name). He seems to be the one that's uploaded some of their music to places like YouTube, and probably ran the Myspace page. Here's a link to an Access song that was played on a local radio station, uploaded by bassist Tony Bradford.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzxWZmK ... R&index=50
- the recording was engineered by Dimebag Darrell and his father, Jerry Abbott.
If one of these people (all with common names) can be contacted and it's confirmed that the demo was released on tape, they can be added:
Chris Westbrook (vocals, rhythm guitar)
Gary Christopher (lead guitar)
Anthony "Tony" Bradford (bass)
Chris "Webbster" Webb (drums)
- They were located in Alvarado, Texas.

(GraveWish) - don't know if this will help, but here's an archive of the old Violent Asylum webpage, circa 2003.
https://web.archive.org/web/20030715224 ... /main.html
- same site, September 2005: https://web.archive.org/web/20050912133 ... /main.html
I sent them a message on Facebook also. Will let you know if there's a response with further information.

Top
 Profile  
cmg92
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:18 am
Posts: 39
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:47 pm 
 

cmg92 wrote:
Needs research. - Bloodvomit
(Usa).
Thrash / Death band. Two rehearsals from the 80's but cannot find proof of VR. See HMR link.


Needs research. - Purification
Location: Brazil
Genre: Death/Doom?
Rip of demo here. No info or proof of VR online.


Spooky & Other mods - how would you feel about me submitting the above two based on the picture of the cd and the full rip alone? I did this with Crushed and it was accepted, but I understand the absolute minimalism of the sourcing.

Top
 Profile  
KingSpooky
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 1287
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:01 pm 
 

(cmg): We should keep looking for a while - see if a band member can be contacted to ask if they were released, try the Corroseum fanzine area to see if Bloodvomit had reviews in any of the issues that they have available with the search-by-band option, ask someone like HellKnight, who knows quite a bit about Brazilian metal if he can find something more about Purification, etc.

Top
 Profile  
KingSpooky
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 1287
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:29 pm 
 

(Antioch): Regarding Threat (Utah), "Electric Demo-lition" has just been added to Discogs, revealing the full track listing (Take a Shot/ My Angel/ Reach/ She's Loose/ Face the Night), and band members: Billy J. Jackson Jr. (lead/backing vocals), Eric Jones (drums, backing vocals), Jeff Bridgeforth (bass, backing vocals), F. Sanders (first name looks like Freyne/Froyne?? - difficult to read) (guitars, backing vocals). None of them seem to be in the database.
https://www.discogs.com/release/2114689 ... emo-lition

Top
 Profile  
KingSpooky
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 1287
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:59 pm 
 

Needs research. - Mortuary
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US
Genre: Heavy/Thrash Metal
Band members: Joe Dzvonik (vocals), Tom Minydzak (drums), Rich Cosgrove (bass), Kevin Cosley (guitars - https://www.facebook.com/kevin.cosley ), David Rack (guitars). Two of them played in Skeletense in the early-to-mid '90s ( https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sk ... ab_members )
- unknown if they had a release. Came across some 1987 live footage on YouTube with covers of Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, and one original song, "Hell Spawned".
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/axedrax/se ... y=mortuary


Needs research. - Beyond Theory
Location: Tacoma, Washington, US
Genre: Death/Groove Metal
- they've been around for several years, have active websites, play a lot of shows, but I'm not sure that a valid release exists. There are references and artwork with the title "As My Angel Kills".
https://www.reverbnation.com/beyondtheory
https://www.facebook.com/BeyondTheory09/
https://twitter.com/kolibolden?lang=en
https://www.youtube.com/user/BeyondTheory09/videos
- a couple of the members played in this band previously: https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ps ... 3540364274


Needs research. - Silent Tears
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
(some) band members: vocals/guitars: André Sabbath (1997-), lead guitars: Fábio"death"Damasceno (1999-), bass: Victor Tardy"thoth" (2003-), drums: Jonatas Dayvis"jonny camel" (2010-)
- active since 1997. Not sure whether or not they had a valid release.
https://www.facebook.com/SILENT-TEARS-127394834007612/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zhETZW9ep0
https://www.reverbnation.com/silentears
https://www.youtube.com/user/murdererde ... nt%20tears
<b>Compilation appearance(s):</b>
- "Tears of Pain", "Just" on <i>Metal Knigts</i> (Jethro Songs, 2004, CD) (spelling of "Knigts' is correct)


Needs research. - Esperion
Location: Brazil
- song "No Way" featured on "Metal Knigts" (spelling is correct) 2004 CD compilation. Liner notes of comp appear to include band member credits, but have only been able to find scans of front and back of booklet.
https://www.discogs.com/release/1760448 ... tal-Knigts


Needs research. - Tempest
Location: Brazil
- song "Tired" featured on "Metal Knigts" (spelling is correct) 2004 CD compilation. Liner notes of comp appear to include band member credits, but have only been able to find scans of front and back of booklet.
https://www.discogs.com/release/1760448 ... tal-Knigts

Top
 Profile  
KingSpooky
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 1287
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:49 am 
 

Regarding Decay (UK), the Violent Asylum "Decay Demo Recordings" is a digital release that they offer upon request by contacting them at Facebook, so I added it back to their discography with a 2021 date (when artwork was made for it). I asked if those songs had been released earlier, under the name Decay, but didn't get a response about it. Feel free to contact, as they're responding to messages at the Violent Asylum Facebook page.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KingSpooky, ThStealthK and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group