Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:11 pm 

Derigin wrote:
Just Japanese nationalism.

Thanks!

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:07 am 

And once again it turns out to be a waste of time to submit a band before anyone else, when a later, by no means more complete submission of that band is accepted instead. Can this happen by accident when those entries are literally next to each other in the queue?

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:33 am 

Looking at the submissions, both appear to have had roughly the same amount of content at the time of submission, and the time of submission was less than one minute off from one another. All things considered, maybe your submission should've been the one that was accepted, and for that I will give you points recognizing that, but ultimately it's such a minor difference between submissions that choosing either/or is totally reasonable. This isn't an egregious mistake.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:55 am 

I get that differences in added info makes a difference. And I get that these had very similar amounts since we had the same stuff except he having a third album version which I didn't, and I had complete track lengths, one more link and one more person in the lineup.

But really someone shouldn't submit a band already in the queue unless the already submitted one was added before the acceptable time, meaning after midnight site time of the release date and after it's truly available for full official purchase/download.

I believe some week ago, there where three or maybe even four entries of one and the same band in the queue. So it would be good to have an orange message of warning similar to the one in the pre-draft form when trying to add a band already in the queue (or one sharing name and country).

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:32 pm 

It was a one minute difference, man. Unless you're furiously pressing F5, you're probably not going to notice a one minute difference in the time you've submitted a band versus the time another person submitted the band. Typically in those cases, where all things are more or less equal, it's really just a coin flip as to whose submission gets accepted. It's different in situations where someone submits a band and then much later in the day, or days later, another person submits it. There's no doubt, usually, which submission will get accepted.

I know it sucks, too. Like it's nice to be credited for a submission, but ultimately the goal is to build MA as a team, as a collective. No matter who gets the actual submission accepted, at least it's accepted (and now counts as band #138580 in the Archives!)

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:31 pm 

Is it helpful to submit reports for removal for orphan artist entries or is it redundant?

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:04 pm 

Not really. We purge them every few weeks afaik. Also they might still be attached to some draft that's waiting to be submitted at one point or some deleted band where it's always good to have this info in case the band gets restored or just to have a record with all the info.

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:38 pm 

Hey, thanks a lot!

~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:10 am 

Hmm. Is it 100% necessary, valid and allowed move lyrics and songwriting from lineup to miscellaneous staff as was it done in the past?

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:56 am 

No, don't do that. Lyrics and songwriting belong in the main tab if they're done by a band member. They only go in the misc. staff if it was someone who's not in the band that wrote the songs or lyrics.

GraveWish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:17 pm 

Hello, how to add a collaboration track to a split including two bands?

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:26 pm 

For "Other version" album entries is it always preferable to have the specific version entry matching its image or are there cases where the standard cover art from the parent entry is preferred?

Example:
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/A ... ine/582151
http://www.drakkar666.com/drakkar/descr ... =0&id=1395

Kennermahn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:10 am 

Hello
If a band with a name in a non-Latin alphabet releases albums under a certain transliteration, is it okay to add it to the also known as section? I did so yesterday with a Greek band, Εξόριστοι, that has released their albums digitally under the moniker Exoristi, by which they couldn't be found when searching. If I was wrong, feel free to remove the AKA name.

This is what I mean:
https://www.amazon.es/Exoristi/dp/B074K ... sic&sr=1-3

Thanks

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:08 am 

Seems fine.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018

Kennermahn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:38 am 

Derigin wrote:
Seems fine.

Okay, thanks

~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:09 pm 

Hello. I want to know if I can add mixing, mastering, engineering and recording at The Empty Hall Studio or only choose 2 of the 4 to put it in Recording Information ?
https://ophion-official.bandcamp.com/releases

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/O ... ian/876674

I also want to know if I can add "Second track named by Wolv, 'Summoning Atlantean Gates'; changed to 'Atlantean Gates' by Monarch" in additional notes as fact.

Best regards!

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:25 pm 

Since it has become a ccommon occurence, that diverse djent bands get compard to Meshuggah's later material in order to get them listed, perhaps it could be useful to expand the rule ofr the Band Appeals forum about avoiding comparing band by mentioning explicityl meshuggah as an example o uneanted comparison, also by stating, tthat they were accepted based on their early thrash metal material? The latest example of this returning controversion is hre:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=129070

Kennermahn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:25 am 

Where do Arrangements credits go in the lineup section? Band members or miscellaneous staff?

Thanks

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:17 pm 

Kennermahn wrote:
Where do Arrangements credits go in the lineup section? Band members or miscellaneous staff?

Thanks

If it's a band member, use the band member section, if it's an outsider, use misc.

Kennermahn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:46 pm 

PaganiusI wrote:
Kennermahn wrote:

Thanks

If it's a band member, use the band member section, if it's an outsider, use misc.

Okay, thanks

Kennermahn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:03 pm 

Is it okay to edit the "Accepted based on..." section if you're not a mod? Only for formatting and typos. I've had it added to a few bands I submitted and in some cases the format is a bit off, in one "Metal Archives" has a hyphen even.

What's the correct format for it, by the way? I like it when the album in question is linked and in italics.

Thanks

Kennermahn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:22 am 

If a digital version of an album is released but the digital version mistakenly uses the cover of another album, is it okay to add it?

Like in this case:

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B074ND ... s_sp_ps_dp
https://open.spotify.com/album/6XAw4wFn7XXdAuyZMatPRE

This album has been available digitally for more than a year now (probably years), so it's not like some minor mistake that's about to be amended soon.

Also this:

Kennermahn wrote:
Is it okay to edit the "Accepted based on..." section if you're not a mod? Only for formatting and typos. I've had it added to a few bands I submitted and in some cases the format is a bit off, in one "Metal Archives" has a hyphen even.

What's the correct format for it, by the way? I like it when the album in question is linked and in italics.

Thanks

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:15 pm 

Will we be added a "Streaming" option to release pages, likely as a format, to help distinguish them from regular digital downloads?

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:30 pm 

Nah, use Digital and put "Streaming-only" in the version description field.

Kennermahn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:43 pm 

Kennermahn wrote:
If a digital version of an album is released but the digital version mistakenly uses the cover of another album, is it okay to add it?

Like in this case:

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B074ND ... s_sp_ps_dp
https://open.spotify.com/album/6XAw4wFn7XXdAuyZMatPRE

This album has been available digitally for more than a year now (probably years), so it's not like some minor mistake that's about to be amended soon.

Also this:

Kennermahn wrote:

Thanks

Bumping this.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:23 am 

1. Looks like a clusterfuck. I wouldn't add it.
2. You can edit the note/fix typos/add hyperlinks when applicable. You don't have to be a mod to do that.
Read this: http://forum.metal-archives.com/viewtop ... 9#p2852699
However, to add such a note, you need to be a mod or have a mod's consent.
Hope this helps for now.

Kennermahn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:30 am 

Antioch wrote:
1. Looks like a clusterfuck. I wouldn't add it.

Maybe add it without the cover stating the issue with the cover in the additional notes?

Quote:
2. You can edit the note/fix typos/add hyperlinks when applicable. You don't have to be a mod to do that.
Read this: http://forum.metal-archives.com/viewtop ... 9#p2852699
However, to add such a note, you need to be a mod or have a mod's consent.
Hope this helps for now.

Okay, no, I wasn't planning on adding that, of course.

Thanks

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:04 am 

I don't see this as having any encyclopaedic value to be honest, but that's just me. Your suggestion may not be such a bad idea, but it's best to wait for a mod's input.

Moreover, I remember reporting similar releases in the past and they were deleted. Authenticity may have been an additional issue for those, which isn't the case here. Elkar, the parent label of Oihuka, does stream music on Spotify.

Kennermahn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:19 pm 

Antioch wrote:
I don't see this as having any encyclopaedic value to be honest, but that's just me. Your suggestion may not be such a bad idea, but it's best to wait for a mod's input.

Moreover, I remember reporting similar releases in the past and they were deleted. Authenticity may have been an additional issue for those, which isn't the case here. Elkar, the parent label of Oihuka, does stream music on Spotify.

Okay, I'll wait then.

Kennermahn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:06 pm 

If a band first releases an album for Kickstarter backers on a date, is that the release date? At least it should be noted, right?

Thanks

Kennermahn wrote:
Antioch wrote:

Okay, I'll wait then.

Any answers as to this?

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:05 pm 

Ok, I pretty much understand that collage photos and are fine for some more historically significant bands. However, I still have a question for which bands it would be fine to add a collage? For example, would it be ok to add one for Nightwish since they are very significant when it comes to symphonic metal even though they weren't active as much as some of the bands that have a collage here like Judas Priest, Motörhead, Saxon, etc.? I know this isn't a top priority issue at the moment, but it would be nice to have some clearer rules about this so it could help all of the contributors with deciding for which bands they should add a collage and for which not.

Spider_X
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:38 pm 

Storm of the Light's Bane wrote:
No, don't do that. Lyrics and songwriting belong in the main tab if they're done by a band member. They only go in the misc. staff if it was someone who's not in the band that wrote the songs or lyrics.

I'm guilty of this, but I think only recently... should I go back and correct this, or just leave as is?

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:09 am 

Since it is incorrect, you should obviously fix it :P

Spider_X
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:24 pm 

PaganiusI wrote:
Since it is incorrect, you should obviously fix it :P

I'm on it, thanks! :D

meowsophy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:47 am 

I added lyrics to all the songs in an album version then clicked 'save' but it doesn't appear. Thinking it must be some bug and I should add one by one, I tried adding only the first song lyrics but still no change. Do song lyrics go through some review process first before they are accepted?

If this post is considered more suitable for the Lyrics thread, let me know.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:05 pm 

In the new post on the main site, it says:
"please add Bandcamp links in the form of bandname.bandcamp.com as opposed to bandname.bandcamp.com/album/albumname"

But surely it's still okay to add Bandcamp links in the form of labelname.bandcamp.com/album/albumname?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:16 pm 

Sure, although those particular instances should go in the "Label" tab instead of "Official". The point is to add the link to the general page, not to any album in particular, if it's run by the band.

meowsophy wrote:
I added lyrics to all the songs in an album version then clicked 'save' but it doesn't appear. Thinking it must be some bug and I should add one by one, I tried adding only the first song lyrics but still no change. Do song lyrics go through some review process first before they are accepted?

hm, it should go through, there's no review process. What's the release in question? You're adding the lyrics to the field, hit "save" and it just loads the normal page?

Kennermahn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:30 pm 

Can downloadable singles without a unique cover be added? This artist has uploaded plenty of single songs which aren't part of any album that can be downloaded but they don't have a cover of their own or anything.

https://soundcloud.com/magnetic-ether

Thanks

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:43 pm 

Kennermahn wrote:
Can downloadable singles without a unique cover be added? This artist has uploaded plenty of single songs which aren't part of any album that can be downloaded but they don't have a cover of their own or anything.

https://soundcloud.com/magnetic-ether

Thanks

Looks more like random recordings/demo tracks than actual singles, so I wouldn't add them.

meowsophy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:00 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
meowsophy wrote:

hm, it should go through, there's no review process. What's the release in question? You're adding the lyrics to the field, hit "save" and it just loads the normal page?

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/D ... rld/739407

I click edit ('pencil' icon), open up the song lyric textboxes ('scroll' icon) fill them up, click 'save' and it takes me back to the album page...which still shows no lyrics.

Do I lack high enough user status (ie points) to perform this act?

In that case should I just submit a report with the lyric data?

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 39  Next