Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
HouseSpiders
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:51 am 

I used to work on that queue all the time. I double-check almost all of them, yes, but some need more attention than others.

Quote:
and even supervise/give advice - @HouseSpiders: that's not really mini-modding

And where exactly did I say it was? We verify that the report has been handled correctly, close and generally get the final say... I do it sometimes too. What I meant by mini-modding is sending notifications to users in place of moderator warnings... I think I saw something like that once but I don't remember it well. I can't really think of any other ways to mini-mod the queue.

tahu157
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:05 pm 

Antioch wrote:
If the report seems a little problematic or open for interpretation, I'll double check what they've done.

Is there any type of situation that I consistently handle wrong? What should I change about my approach?

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:12 pm 

HouseSpiders wrote:
And where exactly did I say it was? We verify that the report has been handled correctly, close and generally get the final say... I do it sometimes too. What I meant by mini-modding is sending notifications to users in place of moderator warnings...

That's my point. I tag the user who handled the report telling him how it should've been handled, or refer him to a forum thread where he can find some answers. Explaining things can be time-consuming but definitely useful, as opposed to having to deal with the same mistakes over and over again.

@tahu: That's not what I meant. I said I'd double check, but wouldn't necessarily handle things differently.

tahu157
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:20 pm 

Antioch wrote:
@tahu: That's not what I meant. I said I'd double check, but wouldn't necessarily handle things differently.

I wasn't getting defensive there, sorry if it appeared that way. I'm just genuinely curious if there's anything in particular I haven't handled very well.

HouseSpiders
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:13 pm 

Antioch wrote:
That's my point. I tag the user who handled the report telling him how it should've been handled, or refer him to a forum thread where he can find some answers. Explaining things can be time-consuming but definitely useful, as opposed to having to deal with the same mistakes over and over again.

Well as it's up to us to close the report and verify that the resolver has done their job properly, I wouldn't say it's mini-modding either (although who are we to define it)... I think you even sent one of those tags to me once.

HouseSpiders
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:27 pm 

Storm of the Light's Bane appears to be making the report queue very easy for everyone else... only 6 in the queue right now! I think it's the lowest I've ever seen it. It's always nice to have some recognition occasionally, so keep up the great work! It would look even better if there weren't so many unclosed resolved reports... but that's if anyone feels like closing them.

Storm of the Light's Bane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:06 pm 

And the resolved queue has been cleared! Absolutely excellent work, PaganiusI!
Whatever. I don't care if you include that band actually - I already know you won't and no amount of discussion can influence your decision, because you're closed to any information/opinions of others - you just don't have an open mind.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:12 pm 

It was dating back 'till mid-2017. I just couldn't resist ;) Also there isn't much left to do since you got the regular reports fully under your control :-D
Thanks to you for clearing out the reports I wasn't quite sure about.

J__Ason
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:53 pm 

Damn good work, you two. There's nothing more motivating for a humble mid-tier user like myself to work on reports than having them close quickly. Or maybe that's just me autistically checking for followup to everything.

I've been working on the Assigned queue sporadically over the last few months, clearing or helping clear like 40 old forgotten reports and mostly avoiding stepping on toes while doing so. So that's my minor involvement in the clean-up effort. Yay. Go me. I'd continue but I guess two goofs is too many? Because my ability to reassign mods' and knights' reports seems to have been revoked. Or maybe this is a change affecting everyone below knights?

EpicDismemberment
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:16 pm 

Wow... just wow. I'm a bit surprised when woke up this morning (local time) and saw nothing left in the resolved queue. Absolutely good work. Cheers!

HouseSpiders
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:26 pm 

J__Ason wrote:
I've been working on the Assigned queue sporadically over the last few months, clearing or helping clear like 40 old forgotten reports and mostly avoiding stepping on toes while doing so. So that's my minor involvement in the clean-up effort. Yay. Go me. I'd continue but I guess two goofs is too many? Because my ability to reassign mods' and knights' reports seems to have been revoked. Or maybe this is a change affecting everyone below knights?

It's not just you, it's a change affecting everyone. I am a knight, and I can reassign other knights' reports, but not mods'. It's the same on my second account with zero points. I know you had good intentions, but you shouldn't have changed the report assigned to Derigin - yes, mods do often assign reports then later forget them, but in that report there was clearly a lot of research and work needed. He only assigned himself to the report a month before you changed the status, and one month is far too short for assuming he's forgotten the report. Perhaps he was in communication with the artists and waiting for information... we don't know.

As for reports that actually have been forgotten, the mods probably prefer to receive polite reminders than have their reports unassigned or closed... I can only guess by this change. Previously, many reports had been forgotten and we weren't checking that queue as much as we should've been, which is why many lasted years. You can still help though - just let me know if you see a likely forgotten report, then I will look and notify the mod if I agree.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:22 am 

J__Ason wrote:
I've been working on the Assigned queue sporadically over the last few months, clearing or helping clear like 40 old forgotten reports and mostly avoiding stepping on toes while doing so. So that's my minor involvement in the clean-up effort. Yay. Go me.

Good to see you here, J__Ason. I thought Dia had banned you from the forum. Don't seem to be sure or remember why, though. If you feel like doing some work, feel free to go through my assigned reports. Set those which are stagnating to resolved and I'll close them later, or ask the band members for input via Facebook. I'm quite regressive when it comes to social media. I trust you with them. Don't feel obliged, though.

J__Ason
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:52 pm 

Antioch wrote:
Good to see you here, J__Ason. I thought Dia had banned you from the forum. Don't seem to be sure or remember why, though. If you feel like doing some work, feel free to go through my assigned reports. Set those which are stagnating to resolved and I'll close them later, or ask the band members for input via Facebook. I'm quite regressive when it comes to social media. I trust you with them. Don't feel obliged, though.

Cheers! Yeah, I said a thing that was meant to be taken as banter but came across too harsh to be taken as such, and I guess that was one time too many of me being an immature shit so I got permabanned. I was allowed to make an alternate account (the original is just J_Ason, one underscore) so I can post here for sitework-related things. Not sure if I'm allowed in the other forums though...

I'll take a look at those reports.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:05 am 

I see. :nono: :-P

Most appreciated, J__Ason. :)

HouseSpiders
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:35 pm 

With the report queue consistently in the single digits, what are we supposed to do with reports lacking sufficient sources? Surely a lot more than 4 sourceless reports are submitted on a daily basis. I don't think I saw many in the assigned queue either. Do we just outright close them now? There used to be hundreds of reports floating idly in the queue with nothing but a reporter and a higher ranked user asking for a source... what happened to them?

Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:19 pm 

I often close those reports and leave a comment telling the reporter to flag a new report with a valid source.
Whatever. I don't care if you include that band actually - I already know you won't and no amount of discussion can influence your decision, because you're closed to any information/opinions of others - you just don't have an open mind.

EpicDismemberment
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:35 am 

Hi guys, just want to add this. For me, I do the same what Storm does, mark those reports as resolved and tell them to flag a new report with a valid source. Unless there is some clue worth to make a further investigation.

Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:13 pm 

If nobody minds, can someone take care of the report queue for me this week? I'd highly appreciate it, as I'm not going to have access to a computer for the rest of the week. Thanks.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:23 pm 

Don't worry about it young man.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11