Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:26 pm 

Tickets went on sale today, and I was lucky enough to snag a pair for each show. Now let's hope travel restrictions don't smash my plans to travel to San Fran from Ontario, Canada.

Anyone remember the outrageous set lists from the 30th anniversary shows, loaded with special guests and rarities (Including 4 new songs at the time)?

https://www.setlist.fm/search?query=metallica+30th

Blah blah blah, metallica sold out, lars can't drum, kirk sucks, haven't been relevant...

Which rarities do you think will come out this time? I think they are FINALLY going to give us Fixxxer. Of course, the popular opinion is one night will be TBA in full to celebrate the 30th. Wouldn't be terribly surprised if they give Justice a run in full (the only album of the classics they haven't done start-to-finish).

EricJ
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:39 pm 

jimbies wrote:
Tickets went on sale today, and I was lucky enough to snag a pair for each show. Now let's hope travel restrictions don't smash my plans to travel to San Fran from Ontario, Canada.

Anyone remember the outrageous set lists from the 30th anniversary shows, loaded with special guests and rarities (Including 4 new songs at the time)?

https://www.setlist.fm/search?query=metallica+30th

Blah blah blah, metallica sold out, lars can't drum, kirk sucks, haven't been relevant...

Which rarities do you think will come out this time? I think they are FINALLY going to give us Fixxxer. Of course, the popular opinion is one night will be TBA in full to celebrate the 30th. Wouldn't be terribly surprised if they give Justice a run in full (the only album of the classics they haven't done start-to-finish).

These shows will rule and everyone knows it. It would be cool if they played Hero of the Day and Human.....those are some of my favorite 'New Metallica' songs that they've ignored for years. Obviously MOP in full would be great too.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:31 am 

The day before I got the pre-sale code, I dreamt that they announced they were the final Metallica shows because James wanted to step away after 40 years.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:23 pm 

The fact that they played a massive festival yesterday and didn't play Enter Sandman, Sad But True or Nothing Else Matters has me hopeful that these setlists will be bonkers.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:51 am 

How were people able to obtain tickets, to the surprise Metallica shows in Chicago? The recent smaller venue ones. I was just wondering if anyone legitimately knew how people in the audience were able to obtain tickets?

~Guest 220079
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:16 pm 

wizard_of_bore wrote:
How were people able to obtain tickets, to the surprise Metallica shows in Chicago? The recent smaller venue ones. I was just wondering if anyone legitimately knew how people in the audience were able to obtain tickets?

https://www.nme.com/features/metallica- ... go-3054428

The_Grindcrusher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:25 am 

This looks quite interesting. I might get me some tickets if plans don't get in the way

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:03 pm 

I made this post on another forum a while back, thinking the only songs they would play at both shows were Sandman and NEM. Now, with them playing some festival shows without those songs, I think maybe we may only get them at one show each.

However, here is a useless wish-list for myself. It covers all their releases, includes staples, warhorses, rarities, debuts and more. Have a little fun!

NIGHT 1
1. Enter Sandman
2. Creeping Death
3. For Whom The Bell Tolls
4. Some Kind Of Monster
5. Until It Sleeps
6. That Was Just Your Life
7. New Song 1
8. Whiplash
9. Prince Charming
10. Hell And Back
11. Sad But True
12. And Justice For All
13. Dragon [Instrumental Jam]
14. Master Of Puppets
15. New Cover Song (hopefully Adam Raised A Cain by Springsteen)
16. Nothing Else Matters
17. Dyers Eve
18. ——My Friend Of Misery [w/ Jason]
19. Astronomy [w/ Jason]
20. Seek and Destroy [w/ Jason]

NIGHT 2
1. Fight Fire With Fire
2. Atlas, Rise!
3. Of Wolf And Man
4. Hero Of The Day
5. Minus Human
6. All Nightmare Long
7. New Song 2
8. The Thing That Should Not Be
9. Unnamed Feeling
10. Dream No More
11. One
12. I Disappear
13. Junior Dad [Instrumental Jam]
14. Damage Inc. [w/ Jason]
15. Stone Dead Forever [w/ Jason]
16. Nothing Else Matters
17. Fixxxer
18. ——Sucking My Love [w/ Dave Mustaine]
19. Mechanix [w/ Dave Mustaine]
20. Enter Sandman [w/ Dave Mustaine & Jason]

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:20 pm 

Was anybody else here at these shows?

The sets weren't as wild as the 30th, and there weren't any guests, but I thoroughly enjoyed these two shows. Night 1 was BIT better for me, it seemed wilder.

This was my 12th and 13th time seeing Metallica, and I was able to check 10 songs off the list that I'd never heard live in person (Trapped Under Ice, Orion, Shortest Straw, Fixxxer, Breadfan, Dirty Window, Am I Evil, Bleeding Me, Wasting My Hate, Whiplash)

Still chasing ...And Justice For All.

Reply to topic