Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
AuldAnxiety
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:25 pm 

Here’s the newest update:

As reported last night, there have been a few changes to the line-up.

Zemial, Chthe'ilist, and Blk Ops have cancellled.

Bölzer (playing Saturday/Rams Head), Ascended Dead (playing Sunday/Rams Head), and Future Terror (playing Saturday/Soundstage) have been confirmed as replacements.

Also, due to scheduling conflicts, The Ruins of Beverast has changed day of show to Saturday from Sunday.

Before this thread gets hijacked with comments/questions about Inquisition, we have only been aware of the information surfacing online for a short amount of time. We will address this situation shortly.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:54 pm 

Well it’s cool I’ll finally get to catch Bolzer. Couldn’t go when they last rolled into MDF, and that was before they even released Soma.

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:35 pm 

Ruins are playing Saturday now? Good think I got sat ticket, man so many changes and cancellations...who's is
Going to cancel next?

bronxeel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:49 am 

The True Mortem has replaced Inquisition on Saturday at Rams Head

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:21 pm 

Just another band I don’t know or care to know. But I’ll probably checkout anyway.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:27 pm 

"The True Mortem" is actually this Mortem from Peru, right?

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Mortem/4234

Never heard of them before, but they have a pretty developed history by the looks of it. I'll need to investigate this band.

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:55 pm 

I really feel like I ordered a porterhouse but they ran out so their giving me a t-bone instead. I’m very disappointed in this fest this year. Why can’t they get bands to commit? I mean I understand you will always get a few bands that cancel, but this is like half the bill! I really think this fest is going the ways of the defunct Milwaukee Metal Fest. First we loose the Edison Lot, last year barley any vendors showed up. Now this year half the bill for Sat and Sun drop off. I think this will be my last year, this fest is just too unpridictable anymore. Just a rant, ignore this if you disagree feel free to comment if your frustration are equal to mine.

bronxeel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:47 am 

conquer__all wrote:
I really feel like I ordered a porterhouse but they ran out so their giving me a t-bone instead. I’m very disappointed in this fest this year. Why can’t they get bands to commit? I mean I understand you will always get a few bands that cancel, but this is like half the bill! I really think this fest is going the ways of the defunct Milwaukee Metal Fest. First we loose the Edison Lot, last year barley any vendors showed up. Now this year half the bill for Sat and Sun drop off. I think this will be my last year, this fest is just too unpridictable anymore. Just a rant, ignore this if you disagree feel free to comment if your frustration are equal to mine.

Yeah, I hear you. It kind of feels like the fest overall has lost momentum, or is getting tired?

It seems a lot of the same bands repeat over and over in a rotation over the years. I get it, it's a four day fest.

This may be my last (this will be 7 or 8 in a row for me), unless next year blows me away.

Darkspace, though. That's why I'm going.

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:23 pm 

satyricon, Ruins of Bevarest, DHG, and Opera IX are the only bands I’m interested in seeing. I am interested in Darkspace and a few others but don’t really know their material.
I do agree that the fest is getting repetitive and their go too bands for replacements just don’t do shit for me. Yeah, unless next years line up is mind blowing I think I’ll save my money or go to another fest.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:53 pm 

What is the vendor situation now that this is all indoors? They must be in the Soundstage and Ram's Head, right?

bronxeel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:13 am 

The bands' merch is inside the venues, the merch booths were setup in Power Plant Live (the area with all the bars and restaurants). And it felt like there was less vendor merch.

xxld1k
The Sweetest Summer Child EVER!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:01 am 

Last year was a great time even without Edison lot but I decided not to make it this year after 5 years. Going to Quebec Deathfest to see all the awesome Canadian bands (hopefully they get Gorguts) and Las Vegas Deathfest to relive the glory of the Edison Lot. Will be bummed for missing Darkspace though. That will be quite a show.

https://www.last.fm/user/xxld1k

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:19 pm 

conquer__all wrote:
satyricon, Ruins of Bevarest, DHG, and Opera IX are the only bands I’m interested in seeing. I am interested in Darkspace and a few others but don’t really know their material.
I do agree that the fest is getting repetitive and their go too bands for replacements just don’t do shit for me. Yeah, unless next years line up is mind blowing I think I’ll save my money or go to another fest.

I find it difficult to believe anyone with taste would be more interested in Satyricon than Master’s Hammer.

At any rate, there’s still plenty of good smaller to midsized bands like Phrenelith, Blood Incantation, Abhomine, Misery Index, Evoken and others I would love to check out.

AuldAnxiety
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:37 pm 

Baptism is being replaced with Perdition Temple. Also, Sinmara instead of Misthyrming.

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:53 pm 

AuldAnxiety wrote:
Also, Sinmara instead of Misthyrming.

I'm not going this year, but maaan that would've killed me (no disrespect to Sinmara). Would this have been the first time Misthyrming played in the US?

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:22 pm 

Great!!!! Another band I was looking forward to seeing Sunday is now out. WTF!!!???? Might as well go sight seeing since nobody decent Is playing Sunday anymore except Opera IX. And yes, I think this was suppose to be their only appearance Stateside.

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:29 pm 

Set times are up on the website. Looks like Sunday’s not to bad after all since the last three bands are Opera IX, Dark space, and Godflesh.

AuldAnxiety
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:00 pm 

Darkspace can’t play, visa issue. Replaced by Thantifaxath. I get that folks are going to be bummed about this, but it’s an upgrade for me.

xxld1k

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:22 am 

xxld1k wrote:
EDIT: Nevermind, they don't have a central place where they update these things. Darkspace IS confirmed:

Just kidding.

AuldAnxiety
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:04 am 

Dead Infection is being replaced by Test (Brazil).

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:25 pm 

AuldAnxiety wrote:
Darkspace can’t play, visa issue. Replaced by Thantifaxath. I get that folks are going to be bummed about this, but it’s an upgrade for me.

with this change Opera IX has now taken the second last slot on the bill Godflesh is still headlining. Ashame because I was really looking forward to seeing what the fuss was all about with Dark Space, oh well....

sperma_draconis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:18 am 

Im going now.

Can anyone recomend a good Baltimore area music store where I can find used metal CD's (compact discs... not vinyl!!!) Especially looking for older stuff from 90's to early 2000's.

Ive seen a few recommendations on music stores but everyone is asking where to buy vinyl, and Im hunting for compact discs! Is there any music store that I might get lucky at in Baltimone.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:06 pm 

sperma_draconis wrote:
Im going now.

Can anyone recomend a good Baltimore area music store where I can find used metal CD's (compact discs... not vinyl!!!) Especially looking for older stuff from 90's to early 2000's.

Ive seen a few recommendations on music stores but everyone is asking where to buy vinyl, and Im hunting for compact discs! Is there any music store that I might get lucky at in Baltimone.

There’s going to be a ton of merch vendors at Power Plant. Just check those out.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 8912032955

Most of those are official distributors and/or labels, but some like Vienna Music Exchange do used stuff as well.

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:21 pm 

Question, can Ram’s Head ticket holders access the Power Plant vender area? I know last year there were only a few set up outside Ram’s Head.

xxld1k

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 3:49 pm 

conquer__all wrote:
Question, can Ram’s Head ticket holders access the Power Plant vender area? I know last year there were only a few set up outside Ram’s Head.

It was basically open to the public last year so that Soundstage attendees can access, too.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:41 pm 

Bloodbath just cancelled. They were the last band standing that I had any interest in. So glad I'm not going this year, what a complete shitshow.

https://www.facebook.com/bloodbathband/ ... 99/?type=3

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 5:28 pm 

This year has been just plagued with cancellations. I really think these organizers are taking on too much with other Fests to maintain any integrity in their brand that started it all MDF. But on a positive note the venders are back and there are a handful of decent bands still committed, even know there are always a few who drop out at the last minute.

AuldAnxiety
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:41 pm 

Hard to hold MDF responsible for all the cancellations especially since so many are out of their control. I’m impressed they have come up with the replacements they have and if I’m being honest some I prefer to the original bookings. It’s a festival and there are a ton of cool bands from all over the world playing so I’m not going to pin my ability to have fun to one or two of them.

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:24 pm 

AuldAnxiety wrote:
Hard to hold MDF responsible for all the cancellations especially since so many are out of their control. I’m impressed they have come up with the replacements they have and if I’m being honest some I prefer to the original bookings. It’s a festival and there are a ton of cool bands from all over the world playing so I’m not going to pin my ability to have fun to one or two of them.

True. Oh I'm still looking forward to Saturday and Sunday, I would have gone just to see DHG and Ruins of Baverest would be worth the two hour drive for me. Plus still got Satyricon, and Opera IX, so it's not a washout by no means. But still very pissed about MDB not making it!

bronxeel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:53 am 

So many cancellations. The promoters must be pulling their hair out, I feel for them.

I don't really even care anymore. After Darkspace cancelled most of my interest went away. I'm still looking forward to 4 days of cool metal.

Most of my good experiences at MDF have come from surprises of listening to bands I didn't know about before I went.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:43 am 

Saturday at Rams Head looking pretty stacked actually. Satyricon’s actually the least interesting band there since they’ll only be playing their party black n roll shit anyway.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:07 am 

My interest in the fest is gone. Wish i wasn't going anymore actually, all the bands I care about are either touring so i could catch them here within a relatively short time frame, have dropped, or I've seen already and don't warrant a trip to MDF. There's isn't a single band on the bill that makes going worth it to me now.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

bronxeel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:17 am 

"Wish i wasn't going anymore actually, "

I kinda feel the same. I've already allocated the time and resources to do it, including train fare and hotel. I'm hoping to have a good time and be surprised.

XcKyle93
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:29 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
Saturday at Rams Head looking pretty stacked actually. Satyricon’s actually the least interesting band there since they’ll only be playing their party black n roll shit anyway.

Actually, if you look at some of their recent setlists, it looks like they're playing a bunch of old stuff too.

iiix
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:55 pm 

Also bummed out, I bought my ticket right after I read Zemail....

Thankfully it's only a short car ride away. After a few beers, maybe some cool merch, should be able to atleast enjoy the occasion but it won't be like the other years I went.

Are there any solid independent shows besides Sidebar?

xxld1k

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:35 pm 

Suffocation will be replacing Bloodbath. No word yet on whether Frank will be joining them.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:27 pm 

Please tell me that's a joke

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

AuldAnxiety
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:05 pm 

Abhomine dropped. Haven’t seen a reason.

praey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:43 am 

Yeah that one was... weird. No reason given on Abhomine's Facebook page, just a notification that the band wouldn't be playing.

I can see people's frustration with the number of cancelations, but you have to have some sympathy for the organizers, a lot of this was out of their control. Plus they were able to come up with suitable replacements quickly, some of which (Mortem) were better than the original band that was billed.

I guess it's easy for me to say this too because none of the bands that canceled were bands I really cared about seeing anyway, but the lineup still has plenty of good artists and I'm looking forward to an awesome weekend. Plus this'll be a great chance to stock up on some merch.

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:03 am 

Not sure on their current status but Wormrot have entered the US but their equipment is still overseas. I don’t know if this will effect their proformance or not. I believe their suppose to play Soundstage sunday night. No official word from the band or fest organizers yet.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next