Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
AbdullahNA
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:14 am 

Aldrahn333 wrote:
The Best fest Ever was this edition of BA.

I feel like 2017 was better but still loved it. And up to now I perfer BA over WOA by a mile.

MegaMal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:09 am 

I had a great time, even if tiredness caused me to miss a few bands :(

Ledsbourne
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:34 pm 

My fourth BA - the first one was back in 2010 though - and by far the best one untill now! I've managed to watch all the shows I wanted as well as two horror cinema movies (including "Pink Flamingos" :D ) and also accidentally got on a guided tour with Christophe Szpajdel on his exhibition. The weather was fine too, despite the rain on Saturday - at least the mud wasn't as intensive as during the apocalypse in 2017.

AbdullahNA
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:48 pm 

Ledsbourne wrote:
My fourth BA - the first one was back in 2010 though - and by far the best one untill now! I've managed to watch all the shows I wanted as well as two horror cinema movies (including "Pink Flamingos" :D ) and also accidentally got on a guided tour with Christophe Szpajdel on his exhibition. The weather was fine too, despite the rain on Saturday - at least the mud wasn't as intensive as during the apocalypse in 2017.

I don't know why a lot of people don't bring ponchos or rain boots.
I live in a desert country so you'd think I'm the least prepared person but it's not the case :lol:

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:57 pm 

AbdullahNA wrote:
I live in a desert country so you'd think I'm the least prepared person but it's not the case :lol:

It's the fact that you live in a desert country that makes you most prepared for the inclement weather :D

I wish I could've made it this year. The lineup was defo killer.

Ledsbourne
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:50 pm 

shouvince wrote:
I wish I could've made it this year. The lineup was defo killer.

Yeah, the line-up was great. I also did my homework before the fest and checked the less-known bands, found some real pearls. Especially Forgotten Silence with their "Thots" show was a great find for me, and their performance was flawless. Too bad Deicide didn't make it after all as they apprently missed the plane... :P

Anyway, no matter what bands would play on Brutal Assault - it seems Gutalax will always be a headliner anyway :D

Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:33 pm 

Got Dr.Martens and the raincoats for me, my friend and ladies. That storm in 2017 was terrible and I didn’t had the proper shoes but this time didn’t give a f@ck about rain. Felt a bit sorry that Vltimas show was disturbed by the rain but what can you do about weather? However they put up a great show and I enjoyed so much. The best performance in my book were Taake, Antaeus at Octagon scene (they blew me away!), Testament, Meshuggah (oh yes, so tight!), Aborted, Anaal Nathrakh and Emperor because they played “The Majesty of the Nightsky”. A little bit of shame about Primordial sound, especially the second part. And I’m really angry to the guys who made the schedules because how on Earth can you put 3 black metal bands at the same time? Emperor 22.00 (main stage, right), Nordjevel 22.30 (Octagon) and Taake 23.00 (tent).

I’ve lost Nordjevel at Octagon, damn. Someone has been there?

p.s I forgot, Hypocrisy were so vibrant also, that “Pleasure of Molestation” and “Penetralia” made my day. Thank you Peter.

Ah, smoked a bit of joint and was nearly at the sixth beer BEFORE Heilung started. Oh man, what a show it was. The fourth BA in a row, but this was the best ever!

Pls, no more Decapitated and Gutalax. Seen them enough. Napalm Death is a name of the past, the actual band is part of mediocrity that has nothing to do anymore with “Harmony Corruption”, I barely recognised “Suffer the Children”.

Ledsbourne
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:25 am 

Emperor put up a stellar performance as always - I lined up right in front of the stage for them way before the show, so missed Zuriaake at Octagon. Besides them, the best shows for me where Forgotten Silence, Animals As Leaders (could discuss about the setlist here tho...), Meshuggah (tight indeed!), Ved Buens Ende, Hypocrisy and Immolation. I was also very positively suprised with Cytotoxin's staged performance and the charisma of their vocalist.

As for dissapointments, definitely Sodom. Also have to agree with Napalm Death - I went for their show mostly to "tick the box" for them, but it was nothing special - Barney's talking was more interesting than the music itself. Missed Anaal Nathrakh as it seems they switched places with Combichrist - but there was no info about it and after Mgła I was dead tired anyway.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:01 pm 

Excuse me, I'm quite late on this because I have been preparing my travel resume:
https://viviendoapesardelacrisis.blogspot.com/2019/07/vacaciones-por-europa-2019.html

Highlights for me:
EyehateGod, Emperor, Hellhammer, Electric Wizard, Godflesh, Demmolition Hammer, Saor, Ved Buens Ende and Carcass.

P.S: Electric Wizard was WAY better than last time.

Ledsbourne wrote:

I asked for the Christophe Szpajdel's guided tour and NOBODY knew a shit till I could talk with Petr Frinta (the curator) and we went to the original tour. Then, they had to organize more. :P
I also attended the Sea Shepherd doc and members talk show, This Corrosion's (A metalhead in Iran) guided tour with curator and the iranian girl and the Talk Show with Barney.
Quite interesting but I left the last one because of the "talk level".

My third Brutal Assault (I could not attend last year's one because of work) but, definitely, not the last one! :beer:
http://viviendoapesardelacrisis.blogspot.com/2018/10/brutal-assault-2019.html

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:25 pm 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Highlights for me:

What about you?

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:24 pm 

More:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2