Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:15 am 

Greetings,

Opened a new thread since just few moments ago I purchased 4 tickets for the next year festival (the fifth and the last in row) which will be jubilant since its the 25th edition.

for the information
http://brutalassault.cz/en/

tickets
https://shop.brutalassault.cz/en/tickets

Bands update and everything else here
https://brutalassault.cz/en/c/news

Until now,

Last edited by Aldrahn333 on Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:06 pm 

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:38 am 

Aldrahn333 wrote:
Greetings,
Opened a new thread since just few moments ago I purchased 4 tickets for the next year festival (the fifth and the last in row) which will be jubilant since its the 25th edition.
Until now,

Thanks! :beer:

We have those too:
https://brutalassault.cz/en/a/117/bands-update-2-october-2019

Quote:
21.10.2019:
It’s still just October but we are already announcing a second massive batch of bands! It’s twenty new names total and we will start with the more underground acts.
The war poets 1914 are coming from Ukraine to deliver their sludge-ish take on of black / death metal blend. For the next band we stay in black metal waters but geographically we move all the way to Singapore to DRACONIS INFERNUM with their blistering old school black. Black metal is also a part of the SIGH portfolio. But as is customary with the Japanese, they add a lot of unique weirdness to the mix including flutes and saxophones. Another underground gem that also features a brass section are Italians OTTONE PESANTE. They have built their unique sound exclusively on a trumpet and trombone accompanied by furious drums. This trio will bring an avant-garde devil-may-care attitude to the fortress. The same will be true about the avant-garde black metal chaosmongers PENSÉES NOCTURNES. As far as extravagancy in metal goes, the country of Gallic rooster is always a guarantee of a great experience. a quintet from the United Kingdom or more precisely from Scotland, will also represent a non-standard cut. Expect the energy of The Dillinger Escape Plan, dissonant riffs ala Car Bomb and hammer fist sound. The death metal powerhouse MASS INFECTION have both technique and brutality. They draw from both American school and European school, bet on speed and hellish melodies. It’s definitely gonna get hot with AUTHOR PUNISHER. Industrial metal, drone, noise.. just tremendous power of sound that will drop you to your knees. When talking about world-class avant-garde, you certainly cannot avoid mentioning Norwegian masters ARCTURUS. We are always excited about their progressive black-ish show fronted by the voice of ICS Vortex and backed by the drums of Hellhammer (Mayhem). Now a band we are extremely excited about - BEYOND CREATION! We have been working on bringing their brilliant technical death metal for a long time and finally we’ve succeeded. There will be no shortage of technical approach and complicated structures with deathcore intruders RING OF SATURN either, as they are gonna present the upcoming album "Gidim". The explosive but songful metalcore of the Englishmen WHILE SHE SLEEPS belongs to the top class of the genre. And the same can be said of American thrashers HAVOK, whose work offers not only old school but also modern approaches to songwriting. Modern outlook and futuristic visions of industrial alternative metal will be imposed on the masses by STATIC-X! Their revived line-up after the demise of the singer Wayne kills live. And the same goes for the current line-up of CRADLE OF FILTH, who are experiencing a second peak. And you will experience the peak, because they will bring "Cruelty and the Beast" in its entirety! VADER have 35 years of experience under their belt and they are battle-hardened veterans, who simply belong to Brutal Assault. Especially when they will bring "De Profundis / Litany" show! Only 5 years younger are NECROPHOBIC, one of a kind band focused on melodies in blackened death metal from Sweden. We stay in Scandinavia with Norwegian savages KVELERTAK. They like to merge genres. Black metal, hardcore punk, heavy metal… this is gonna be a wild ride! TOXIC HOLOCAUST will unleash short-burst thrashing onslaught and finally we are finishing with a Czech premiere. We always welcome Nergal in our fortress with open arms. This time, however, he does not come with Behemoth, but arrives in a hat with the melancholic songs of ME AND THAT MAN.
List of confirmed acts so far: 1914, ARCTURUS, ASPHYX, ATARI TEENAGE RIOT, AUTHOR & PUNISHER, BEYOND CREATION, CRADLE OF FILTH, DARK FUNERAL, DESPISED ICON, DRACONIS INFERNUM, EVOKEN, FRONTIERER, HAVOK, HENTAI CORPORATION, KVELERTAK, MANES, MASS INFECTION, ME AND THAT MAN, MYRKUR, NECROPHOBIC, NOCTURNUS AD, OTTONE PESANTE, PENSÉES NOCTURNES, PHILIP H. ANSELMO & THE ILLEGALS performing a Vulgar Display of PANTERA, RAZOR, RING OF SATURN, SIGH, STATIC–X, TOXIC HOLOCAUST, VADER, VENOM, WHILE SHE SLEEPS, WORMROT.

https://brutalassault.cz/en/a/122/bands-update-3-november-2019

Quote:
Bands update #3 - November 2019
The line-up for 202 is growing strong. With this new batch of bands we will already have over 40 artists (33% of the lineup)!

Let's start with fulfilling of the wish of many of you with the finest Caligorenia hurricane CATTLE DECAPITATION, which will bring a unique combination of technical death metal and grindcore with an exceptional voice-slaughter on top of that and with new highly anticipated album „Death Atlas”! The next name will please the fans of pressurized modern metal sounds. SHADOW OF INTENT play melodic and symphonic deathcore and with their third album „Melancholy” their star continues to rise! The fourth album of deadly thrashers FUELED BY FIRE is expected to be out next year, so we can expect not only an energetic show full of massive mosh-fueling riffs but also new songs over the BA stage!

Let's change continents and move to Sweden. One word - KATATONIA! Dark moods, melancholic tones, progressive approach and Jonas Renkse' singing. This string of associations needs to immediately spring into mind of any fan of one of the most atmospheric bands ever, as KATATONIA returns to Brutal Assault! FEVER 333, the next band on the list is known for its unique sound and boasts daring and electrifying rock fever-ish rhythms. They were nominated for a Grammy for their debut EP and they mingle with hip-hop, punk, post-hardcore, metal and electronics or drum'n'bass in their music. LIFE OF AGONY is also a band you won’t mistake for any other. Their crossover style has drawn from alternative metal, grunge and hard rock and Mina Caputo lends the band her characteristic voice. Other experimental group that likes to mix-up all kinds of genres (prog, jazz, death, fusion, punk, hardcore…) are PSYKUP! Think of these experimenters as of a French answer to projects of Mike Patton - especially the craziest ones - so fans of Mr. Bungle or Fantomas should become alerted and remember a new shortcut „Ctrl + Alt + Fuck”!

We shall not forget the dark side of power of corpse, so we will finally summon the mechanics of hell and their stroboscopic black metal to create the singularity of evil among the towering walls of our fortress. Get ready for devilish epic projection, streaming sounds of inferno and a show that is gonna shoot you up to „Planet Satan”. MYSTICUM are coming! The other side of the darkness will be revealed by a band that is beyond good and evil with its extravagant atmosphere. Mad rhythms, furious tempo, screaks, black metal inside out, violent jazz. The dissonant (death / black) metal triumphs beyond the limits of common understanding. Clear decadence. IMPERIAL TRIUMPHANT!

Bands in this update: Cattle Decapitation, Fever 333, Fueled By Fire, Imperial Triumphant, Katatonia, Life Of Agony, Mysticum, Psykup, Shadow Of Intent.

sandramaj
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:05 am 

Yay! I'll be there!

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:48 pm 

sandramaj wrote:
Yay! I'll be there!

:beer:

https://www.brutalassault.cz/en/a/124/bands-update-4-december-2019

Quote:
Since it’s December, we thought that you all would appreciate some early Christmas gift. So we have these 12 bands for you.

The first to be announced are the uncrowned kings of metalcore AS I LAY DYING! Their return to the scene with the original line-up was a big story and so is their new album „Shaped by Fire”. THE AGONIST from Canada speak a similar musical language. Expect modern way of blending metal/hardcore, powerful melodies, technical prowess and the charm of Vicky Psarakis up front, all that based on a thrash foundation. Their new album „Orphans” has just been successfully tested on an ongoing tour with Jinjer so you can be sure you’ll be getting a piece of that hot stuff as well. The next band also features women who play no games, BUTCHER BABIES may look cute, but when they’re done with you, you can bet that the scars and bruises will hurt for a good long while.

The speeding French bunch BENIGHTED will forge the steel of our stage with their intelligent death/grind hurricane until it’s red hot and dripping. EXCREMENTORY GRINDFUCKERS will also build their set on grind, bet their show is dedicated to having a good time and we are sure you will utilize this opportunity to make it helluva party! Now deeper into the dark death metal waters. You can look forward for a lot of atmosphere and unconventional structures that BLOOD INCANTATION bring to the table alongside progressive and dark riffs echoing from space. UADA represent US Pacific coast black metal based on melodies and sharp epic riffs in a form, that is rather rare in Europe. The progressivists SOEN were founded by the drummed Martin Lopez after leaving Opeth. The band has developed beyond their original Tool influence and now represents a very original musical undertaking. And now a bit of trash! We saw SACRED REICH trashing BA the last year but they didn't have the new album „Awakening” out yet and we think that this recording is a good reason for their immediate return!

The following artists are also no strangers to our festival but all of them will bring something new and spicy. From Stockholm, Sweden but with the voice of Nick Holmes (Paradise Lost), the rattling sound of Swedish death metal will come in the form of BLOODBATH. Always a pleasure! Next a man of many faces, a musical chameleon and an exceptional musician from Vancouver, Canada - DEVIN TOWNSEND – this time validating his madman status not only with the new „Empath“ album but this time his band should have a more metal outlook and looks like we can also look forward for some STRAPPING YOUNG LAD songs! The last band is the epitome of Norwegian black metal. Come to inhale the real essence of death brought forward by the Daemons of MAYHEM!

Bands in this update: As I Lay Dying, Benighted, Blood Incantation, Bloodbath, Butcher Babies, Devin Townsend, Excrementory Grindfuckers, Mayhem, Sacred Reich, Soen, The Agonist, Uada
---

FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/493050868165392

Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:00 am 

Sacred Reich?! Wtf is that, 3 times in 4 years. Gutalax & Decapitated are the other bands I don’t want to see in the line up, again. I was hoping some Darkspace, Morbid Angel, 1349... with the prices the organizers have unleashed this year, I think they could afford these kind of bands.

MegaMal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:48 am 

Butcher Babies? That's scraping the barrel. I was hoping they got some big/rare names with it being the 25th anniversary. Might have to go somewhere else this year :/

Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:24 pm 

Suffocation with Frank Mullen!
lucky to have the ticket already

So, the line up until now (50% of the bands):

ALCEST
ARCTURUS
AS I LAY DYING
ASPHYX
ATARI TEENAGE RIOT
AUTHOR & PUNISHER
BENIGHTED
BEYOND CREATION
BLOOD INCANTATION
BLOODBATH
BUTCHER BABIES
CATTLE DECAPITATION
CRADLE OF FILTH
DARK FUNERAL
DESPISED ICON
DEVIN TOWNSEND
DRACONIS INFERNUM
EVOKEN
EXCREMENTORY GRINDFUCKERS
EXHORDER
FEVER 333
FRONT LINE ASSEMBLY
FRONTIERER
FUELED BY FIRE
HAVOK
HENTAI CORPORATION
IMPERIAL TRIUMPHANT
KATATONIA
KVELERTAK
LIFE OF AGONY
MANES
MASS INFECTION
MAYHEM
ME AND THAT MAN
MELT-BANANA
MYRKUR
MYSTICUM
NAILED TO OBSCURITY
NECROPHOBIC
NOCTURNUS AD
OBITUARY
OTTONE PESANTE
PARADISE LOST
PENSÉES NOCTURNES
PHILIP H. ANSELMO & THE ILLEGALS PERFORMING A VULGAR DISPLAY OF PANTERA
PSYKUP
RAZOR
RING OF SATURN,
SACRED REICH
SHADOW OF INTENT
SIGH
SOEN
STATIC–X
STRIGOI
SUFFOCATION
TERROR
THE AGONIST
TOXIC HOLOCAUST
UADA
VADER
VENOM
WHILE SHE SLEEPS
WORMROT

Last edited by Aldrahn333 on Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:05 pm 

Brutal Assault lineups have the tendency to cause serious FOMO in me. This year I decided to go to Wacken and Beyond the Gates and got those tickets early on. I'm now having mild regrets about missing out on BA. :/

Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:06 pm 

Mercyful Fate has been announced

Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:32 am 

Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:56 pm 

I'm nearly positive that won't be a Brutal Asault 25 this year, although it takes place in early August.

stefan86
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:05 am 

Magic lineup. I really hope it will happen :)

Add me on last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/stefan86

Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:34 am 

It won't. Just an hour later, BA will be online at their official youtube channel to discuss the situation. 99.9% it will be for the next year (are we sure that the virus will cease to exist in 2021?) or maybe they'll talk refunds.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:17 am 

Any idea what the live stream said? It was in Czech so I didn't watch it. I haven't seen any official annoucement yet.

Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:56 am 

shouvince wrote:
Any idea what the live stream said? It was in Czech so I didn't watch it. I haven't seen any official annoucement yet.

Basically it was "wait for situation and lets see the solution", but never the less the plan B was to basically shift the festival for the next year, while the tickets remained valid. And I think the next year will be. But I hope next year all this mess of disease is taken care of.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:05 pm 

That's be interesting. My girlfriend and I were gonna take this summer off traveling even before covid 19, but we'd already vaguely planned to hit BA again in 2021, so if it doesn't end up happening this year (which it most likely won't) then I guess this is the line up we'll be getting. It's definitely a good line up, as always, but I think 2019's was better. Then again, still only 72% confirmed. Time to start paying closer attention.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:57 am 

Aldrahn333 wrote:
shouvince wrote:

Basically it was "wait for situation and lets see the solution", but never the less the plan B was to basically shift the festival for the next year, while the tickets remained valid. And I think the next year will be. But I hope next year all this mess of disease is taken care of.

Yeah, I guess it's inevitable that the festival will be shifted to next year with almost the same lineup. I had tickets to Beyond the Gates (Bergen) as well and they've announced that it will be moved to 2021.

Ah well, it is definitely the responsible thing to do.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 7:24 pm 

Oh well, postponed till 2021. It was expected.
Official statement -> https://www.facebook.com/brutalassault. ... =3&theater

Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:17 am 

Postponed, 2022

Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:34 pm 

Oh yes, Oranssi Pazuzu

Until now:
https://brutalassault.cz/en/line-up

Confirmed -

ABBATH,
ABORTED,
AD NAUSEAM,
AHAB,
ALCEST,
AMENRA,
ARCTURUS,
AS I LAY DYING,
ASPHYX,
AT THE GATES,
ATARI TEENAGE RIOT,
BAEST,
BELL WITCH,
BENIGHTED,
BLOOD INCANTATION,
BLOODBATH,
BUTCHER BABIES,
CANNIBAL CORPSE,
CATTLE DECAPITATION,
CLUTCH,
COMEBACK KID,
CONJURER,
CRADLE OF FILTH,
DARK FUNERAL,
DARKEST HOUR,
DECAPITATED,
DIE KRUPPS,
DRACONIS INFERNUM,
EVIL DEAD,
EVOKEN,
EXCREMENTORY GRINDFUCKERS,
EXHORDER,
EXHUMED, EXTINCTION A.D.,
FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE,
FRONT LINE ASSEMBLY,
FRONTIERER,
FUELED BY FIRE,
GAAHLS WYRD,
GOD MOTHER,
HANGMAN’S CHAIR,
HENTAI CORPORATION,
HUMANITY’S LAST BREATH,
IGORRR,
IMPERIAL TRIUMPHANT,
INSOMNIUM,
JINJER,
KATATONIA,
LEPROUS,
LIFE OF AGONY,
LORNA SHORE,
LOST SOCIETY,
MANES,
MASS INFECTION,
MAYHEM,
MELT-BANANA,
MERCYFUL FATE,
MISERY INDEX,
MORS PRINCIPIUM EST,
MUNICIPAL WASTE,
MYSTICUM,
NAILED TO OBSCURITY,
NECROPHOBIC,
NECROT,
NEKROGOBLIKON,
NUNSLAUGHTER,
ONSLAUGHT,
OTTONE PESANTE,
PALLBEARER,
PARADISE LOST,
PENSÉES NOCTURNES,
PENTAGRAM,
PHLEBOTOMIZED,
PSYCROPTIC,
PSYKUP,
RAZOR,
REGARDE LES HOMMES TOMBER,
RINGS OF SATURN,
RIVERS OF NIHIL,
SACRED REICH,
SIGH,
SKYWALKER,
SLAGMAUR,
SOEN,
SOREPTION,
STATIC–X,
STRIGOI,
SUFFOCATION,
SWALLOW THE SUN,
TALLAH,
TESSERACT,
THE AGONIST,
THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER,
UADA,
UNDERGANG,
UNEARTH,
URNE,
VALKYRJA,
VENOM,
VITRIOL,
VOICES,
VOLA,
WINTERFYLLETH

And the latest additions:
SOLSTAFIR,
SKEPTICISM,
BLOODYWOOD,
ORANSSI PAZUZU,
PUPIL SLICER,
CARNATION,
SLOPE,
DOOL,
THE DEVIL’S TRADE,
THY CATAFALQUE

Juansoto
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:34 pm 

Slope stay in Brutal Assault 2022 ??
Sure?

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 11:49 am 

I want to buy tickets for this but the website doesn't seem to have a schedule yet??? Anyone know which bands play on which days of the festival????

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 1:22 am 

Pitiless Wanderer wrote:
I want to buy tickets for this but the website doesn't seem to have a schedule yet??? Anyone know which bands play on which days of the festival????

That doesn't get announced until way later (only about 80% of the full line-up has been announced so far), and why does it really matter if you're planning to attend the whole fest?

I won't be going this year but I've been three times before and BA is far and away the best metal fest I've been to -- always killer line-ups, it takes place in a fucking fortress, and everything's shockingly affordable. Can't wait to return.

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 11:05 am 

Yeah, it looks awesome, and I'm keen to go. The lineup is killer so far.

LoaferBread
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:55 am 

Hey folks. Any tips for a first-timer? Does anyone have recommendations for a budget for food, drinks, merch etc over the 5 days? I imagine it would depend on the person but I’m keen to get a few ideas so I know how much to expect I might spend. Many thanks! Very keen for this.

MegaMal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:53 am 

As festivals go, it's very cheap. You're looking at 1.5-2 Euros for a beer, food was 4-5. Merch varies between the stalls but the official shirts were around 20.

This is based on 2019, I can't imagine it'll have gone up much/at all since.

Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:27 am 

LoaferBread wrote:
Hey folks. Any tips for a first-timer? Does anyone have recommendations for a budget for food, drinks, merch etc over the 5 days? I imagine it would depend on the person but I’m keen to get a few ideas so I know how much to expect I might spend. Many thanks! Very keen for this.

Some are speaking about higher prices for this year edition, but anyway.. Different beers were between 38 - 50 Czech korona. Keep in mind that 1 euro is more or less 26 CZK. Fairly reasonable prices, anyway. The food is also not expensive.
You'd love that place and mood.

Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:06 pm 

Festival schedule finally is online

The latest additions to the lineup: MALEVOLENT CREATION, HEATHEN, DEPRESY, ABBIE FALLS and FLESHCRAWL.

Spoiler: show

Last edited by Aldrahn333 on Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MegaMal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:38 am 

I made a Clashfinder for this, people might find it useful https://clashfinder.com/s/brutalassault2022/

Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:26 am 

MegaMal wrote:
I made a Clashfinder for this, people might find it useful https://clashfinder.com/s/brutalassault2022/

EXCELLENT!

thank you very much

Reply to topic