Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
narsilianshard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:45 pm 

I've been going to this fest since it started, and 2020 is going to be even more incredible than usual. Definitely worth making the trek!

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:12 pm 

I just bought a full pass. Seems way more expensive than it should be, but eh, I guess that's the American dollar, plus I don't really have any big travel plans this year. Obsequiae will be amazing and rare to see. Same with Wormrot, Repulsion, Mizmor. Pretty solid line up all around. Anyone know if Frank will be playing with Suffocation?

Element_man
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:07 pm 

Will probably pop down to see Visigoth and Obsequiae
Dungeon Synth/Fantasy Ambient

narsilianshard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:27 pm 

Yeah it's one of the pricier fests, but I guess that's the cost of doing a multi-venue event in the most expensive neighborhood in an already-expensive city. But it's a really tightly-run ship and always an excellent time, so it's definitely worth it. Last I heard Frank won't be returning to Suffocation. This will be Visigoth's first Northwest appearance in five years, which is bonkers considering they live two states over.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:53 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
I guess that's the cost of doing a multi-venue event in the most expensive neighborhood in an already-expensive city.

Seems dumb that unless you buy a full pass you need to buy separate tickets to each venue. And my full pass was almost twice what I paid to go to Brutal Assault, which is an incomparably bigger festival with an incomparably bigger line up. But whatever, I'm stoked for this. You've been before? Good to hear it's well organized and seems to run smoothly. I don't think I've been to any of these venues before.

narsilianshard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:01 pm 

Yeah I go every year, used to live a block away. Neumos has great sound, and Barboza is actually just its basement instead of separate venue. The basement is tiny and narrow and kinda sucks, but it's the only decent multi-stage venue in town so that's why it's setup that way. Highline is a separate venue about five blocks away. It's the main metal bar in Seattle, owned by Dylan of Bell Witch. One of my favorite places in the world.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:59 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
Barboza is actually just its basement instead of separate venue. The basement is tiny and narrow and kinda sucks, but it's the only decent multi-stage venue in town so that's why it's setup that way.

That's a bit concerning to hear since Obsequiae's playing there and they're the band I'm looking most forward to seeing. Oh well, I was already planning to leave early during Blood Incantation's set (sort of a bummer, but I've seen 'em several times before) to get good placement for Obsequiae. Hopefully their sound isn't too bad.

Also Frank is still playing the odd show with Suffocation this year, though I presume he's not playing this one since it hasn't been advertised that he is.

Glad to hear Highline is a cool spot. Looking forward to catching Harakiri and Visigoth there!

Ace_Rimmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:15 am 

Pricing is nuts on that.

theagentcoma
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:17 am 

thankful I grabbed the Black Friday early bird special, all three days for $100, which is about $60 off. I've lived in Seattle since 2012 and this is the first year I'm attending. So stoked to see Obsequiae.

My friend is in one of the local bands that's playing, very happy they got on the ticket.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:08 pm 

Quote:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: In an effort to combat the coronavirus, Washington’s governor Jay Inslee has ordered a ban on gatherings of more than 250 people in the county that includes Seattle, where NWTF 2020 is scheduled to take place.

The governor’s current ban lasts until midnight on March 31st, which is about two months before NWTF is scheduled to begin on May 28th, but may be extended. By the end of March, health authorities will know a lot more about whether the risks posed by the virus require extension of the ban on social gatherings, and if so for how long. We will do what the authorities tell us to do, and what we believe is necessary to keep our bands and audience members safe.

Until we know more, we will continue to take all steps necessary to make sure our festival is able to proceed as currently scheduled, and we have no intention of canceling the fest at this time.

Fuck. I hate to be pessimistic, but I'm totally bracing myself for a full cancelation. I think things will get worse throughout the summer before they get better, and so it seems more than likely that this ban will be extended. I'd be so fucking bummed, but we'll see what happens.

Ace_Rimmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:28 pm 

I would expect a lot of concerts to be cancelled. I just wonder what this is going to do to the European summer metal festivals.

Reply to topic