* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:47 pm 

QUOTE FROM JAMES:

Dear Metallica Family,

It pains me to write this, but I have to let all of you know that I cannot make it to Sonic Temple in Columbus and Louder Than Life in Louisville this year. As part of my continuing effort to get and stay healthy, I have critical recovery events on those weekends that cannot be moved. I apologize to all of our fans who have bought tickets for these festivals. We are working with the festival promoters to provide for refunds or exchanges. My intent with this statement is saying “I apologize” to each one of you. The reality is that I have not prioritized my health in the past year of touring and I now know that my mental health comes first. That might sound like a no-brainer for most of you but I didn’t want to let the Metallica team/family down and, I alone, completely compromised myself.

Looking on the brighter side, my therapy is going well. It was absolutely necessary for me to look after my mental, physical, and spiritual health.

I want to stress that the band will play all other announced 2020 shows.

I am looking forward to getting back to playing and seeing all our great South American fans in April. And, of course, playing Epicenter in Charlotte, Welcome to Rockville in Daytona and Aftershock in Sacramento. We will still play two unique sets at each of these festivals.

Beyond 2020, I am optimistic about the blessings I have been given and what the future brings. I appreciate all the great prayers and support from everyone since I went into rehab last September. Like the moth into the flame, being human in this career has its huge challenges and can be difficult. Your understanding helps the healing.

- James

---
Gutted over this one. I bought tickets to the Sonic Temple festival, which has a horribly shitty line-up past Power Trip, Testament, Anthrax and Metallica. Luckily, they are giving full refunds because they got Red Hot Chili Peppers and Tool to fill Metallica's two spots.

It sounds like James is on the road to recovery, and I really hope he can find peace and come back even stronger than ever. He's given so much and is so damn important to heavy music.

Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:55 am 

It sucks, especially for those that already have tickets. Understandable though. James has to do what is best for himself.

Quote:
Now for a higher level song like Moth Into Flame. I specifically remember getting in trouble at school for hearing this the day it was released for having my phone out and then defiantly saying to my teacher Fuck off Im listening to a new Metallica song

MetallicaMegadethIronMaiden
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:12 pm 

Yeah, I'm not sure if the show I'm going to in Charlotte will be cancelled due to COVID-19 outbreaks in the vicinity. I hope there's a refund for the $450 we spent on lodging and the tickets if it is...

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:05 am 

MetallicaMegadethIronMaiden wrote:
Yeah, I'm not sure if the show I'm going to in Charlotte will be cancelled due to COVID-19 outbreaks in the vicinity. I hope there's a refund for the $450 we spent on lodging and the tickets if it is...

You'll absolutely get your ticket money back. I got a full refund for them cancelling Sonic Temple due to James' absence and at that time, the festival was still happening. Lodging, I'm not sure. I think a lot of hotels are giving refunds right now, but you still may take the loss on the hotel (unless you booked one with free cancellation).

Reply to topic