* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Earthcubed
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:27 pm 

I think I saw that in the Newseum actually. :lol:

FloristOfVampyrism wrote:
That wasn't meant as a k.o. though, he specifically targeted an area of the cerebellum which, if ruptured, renders you a Jehovah's witness indefinitely

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:49 am 

Generally I don't really care about misheard lyric videos, but this one is quite something.

Youtube: show

When I attack I press it! :lol:

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:31 pm 

Earthcubed wrote:
I think I saw that in the Newseum actually. :lol:

I'm just going to start telling everyone that Phil Anselmo won a Pulitzer. It's partially true!

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:09 pm 

Any international news sites reporting that humanity doesn't come from Africa but from Bavaria?

Been mentioned in Nature at least... https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-03418-2 But no idea if it made any kind of buzz in general news anywhere but here. :lol:

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:02 am 

Every comment section on the internet is now plagued by these types of posts:

Something: Blah blah

Something else: yada yada

Just don't get it.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:32 am 

I feel like shit right now. Partially because I'm sick and that's always fun, but also because I've had to send an email to the managers of my department letting them know to expect my two-week notice sometime in the near future as I ramp up my job hunting. The place I work is a rehab facility, and I gotta say, it's kinda dirty (being out in the woods and all), and having 120+ clients in the male community alone means them germs are a-spreadin', and it turns out my body is a complete pushover and I'm a weak piece of shit. And the reason I feel bad is because my managers have been legitimately very helpful to me, and I feel like admitting that I need to find cleaner pastures is just a slap in the face for all the help they've given me.

Maybe being sick is just making me a giant pussy, but I legit feel awful about this. I feel like I'm letting them down and leaving them out to dry just because I'm a weak piece of shit, and the thought fills me with shame.
Mob Psycho 100 II
After That: Martian Successor Nadesico and The Irresponsible Captain Tylor

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:39 am 

^ Sucks... it definitely doesn't help to be around so many germs and what not, no.

I've put in my two weeks at my newspaper job myself. Looking for jobs all over the country right now. I'd had enough of the private owner trying to slant things and telling us not to cover shit that was a story, and also trying recently to get me to demonize immigrants. It's like what's even the point of a newspaper in that case?

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:47 am 

Come back to Chicago!

NEW Valcove album Forge @ https://valcove.bandcamp.com/album/forge. For fans of Aphex Twin, Autechre, ambient techno

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:54 am 

Smoking_Gnu wrote:
Come back to Chicago!

It'd be nice. I hear good things about the comedy scene there.

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:35 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
I feel like shit right now. Partially because I'm sick and that's always fun, but also because I've had to send an email to the managers of my department letting them know to expect my two-week notice sometime in the near future as I ramp up my job hunting. The place I work is a rehab facility, and I gotta say, it's kinda dirty (being out in the woods and all), and having 120+ clients in the male community alone means them germs are a-spreadin', and it turns out my body is a complete pushover and I'm a weak piece of shit. And the reason I feel bad is because my managers have been legitimately very helpful to me, and I feel like admitting that I need to find cleaner pastures is just a slap in the face for all the help they've given me.

Maybe being sick is just making me a giant pussy, but I legit feel awful about this. I feel like I'm letting them down and leaving them out to dry just because I'm a weak piece of shit, and the thought fills me with shame.

Sometimes it seems like different people have different immune systems, and if yours just sucks idk if there's anything you can really do about it. Some jobs just have you in more contact with people with colds/flu (probably schoolteacher is at the top of the list), and it's going to be rough doing that kind of job if you tend to get sick a lot. I'm sure anyone who's not an asshole would be understanding of that as a reason to want to work in a different kind of environment.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:33 am 

Dude I have the nastiest fucking students. Touching me or offering me snacks with their grubby little hands, never covering their mouths when they cough (I've had so many cough directly into my face), plus Korean culture doesn't really have the concept of a sick day so kids will come in with totally gross diseases and their parents just slap a face mask on 'em and send them on in. I think I have about average or slightly above average immunity to germs, and I definitely get sick since I started teaching than before (though it probably also doesn't help that the higher air pollution here causes me to always be mildly congested).

So yeah, someone who gets sick more easily? I don't see how they could deal with that sort of job.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Snowgrave
Under The Plaintive Sky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:30 pm 

how does this work again?

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:42 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:
Dude I have the nastiest fucking students. Touching me or offering me snacks with their grubby little hands, never covering their mouths when they cough (I've had so many cough directly into my face), plus Korean culture doesn't really have the concept of a sick day so kids will come in with totally gross diseases and their parents just slap a face mask on 'em and send them on in. I think I have about average or slightly above average immunity to germs, and I definitely get sick since I started teaching than before (though it probably also doesn't help that the higher air pollution here causes me to always be mildly congested).

So gross. I remember getting gastroenteritis and my boss still made me come in. I ended up teaching laying down or slouched in a chair for a week. Insult to injury, I had to come in to make up the hours I missed prior to New Years. Korea is ruthless with showing up to work.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Lane
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:26 am 

Have no power to delve into any album. My physical work is so bloody consuming, that I have no energy to put an album on, and taking a booklet/insert and start getting INTO it. Why not just quit the job and start enjoying life again (take a guess, do I have energy to find a nice lady to spend time with either...)!??! Any tips!??!

Then again, I got loads of money to buy new music weekly... What a fucking dilemma.

Xymosys
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:21 am 

Fuck the money, go live your life!

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:49 am 

I switched positions at the warehouse job from picking stuff to driving stuff around, no more heavy lifting, just going around with the machine. It's incredible what a relief it is to quit the extreme physical labour, I feel more alive than I have felt in years, it's the best thing to happen in years. Depending on your age, my advice ranges from what Xymosys said to what Xymosys said but in all caps and with more exclamation marks.

BastardHead
Worse than the PMRC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:13 pm 

Yeah I went from running production to the quality department and my life has improved 100000% since then. Physical labor sucks.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:41 pm 

Everyone needs to listen to The Prophecy of Blight by Soul Grinder right now. One of my favorite albums of the year! Perfectly straddling the horizons between oldschool traditional thrash and heavy metal, and early death metal, Soul Grinder brings heavy dose of chaos warp-infused bangers to assault your ear holes.

https://soulgrinderofficial.bandcamp.co ... -of-blight

Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:57 pm 

I didn't mind physical labour in itself, but the shifts were fiendish. Having less physically demanding work alongside the usual warehouse grind was always a respite, but any stressful work when having to deal with shitty hours is very taxing.

ksevile
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:14 pm 

I would highly recommend regular exercise outside of work if you’re in a job that requires physical labor. Squats do absolute wonders when you can do them without further injuring yourself (if you have previous injuries). Of course they don’t provide complete immunity, but even simple daily tasks will be easier once you get your strength up. The body was made to move.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:37 am 

I'm quitting my job in two days. This is a job I've had for fourteen and a half years. It's going to be weird going from knowing pretty much everything to being a total noob, but I'm really looking forward to my new gig. It's going to be a big change in a lot of ways.

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:15 am 

stickyshooZ wrote:
I'm quitting my job in two days. This is a job I've had for fourteen and a half years. It's going to be weird going from knowing pretty much everything to being a total noob, but I'm really looking forward to my new gig. It's going to be a big change in a lot of ways.

Best of luck, mate. I did a similar thing, getting out of a 13-year-long job to my current one. Best move I ever made. I hope it's the same for you. What are you leaving and where are you going?

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:04 am 

MikeyC wrote:
stickyshooZ wrote:

Best of luck, mate. I did a similar thing, getting out of a 13-year-long job to my current one. Best move I ever made. I hope it's the same for you. What are you leaving and where are you going?

Thanks! I've been a maintenance worker at a health club. We do pretty much everything, from every day maintenance tasks to renovations, construction, etc. I'm going on to Firefighter training academy. I'll be a cadet at training academy for probably around six months and then I'll be assigned to a firehouse.

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

MammothRider
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:41 pm 

Anyone here going to Hammer of Doom this coming weekend?

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:10 am 

So I learned that "Simpsonwave" is apparently a thing.

Youtube: show

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:19 am 

My company (healthcare, massive in this area) accidentally mailed 14,000 patients saying they have confirmed diabetes, but it was all just a big mistake. What a fun day to work in the call center :lol:

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:46 pm 

MammothRider wrote:
Anyone here going to Hammer of Doom this coming weekend?

would love to but instead im going to England next month

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 221, 222, 223, 224, 225