Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Methuen
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:16 am 

gambs wrote:
By the way he boasts a lot about his trade war with China, and blame the Dems(aka republicans-lite) as sold to China, but this week China signed trade union deal with Japan,South Korea, Singapore, Australia , New Zealand and several other south -east Asian countries. Import tariffs will go down 80%-90%. It is the biggest trade bloc in history. Dlufmp literally pushed traditional allies of the US to the lap of China.

That is remarkably one sided (the deal I mean, not your comment) - what else is going on there ?
Folks want to act like our monstrously racist, xenophobic, misogynist, and queer-phobic cultural milieu is somehow harmless, while ignoring the concrete proof that it is not.

S&P, you listen to BURZUM.

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:50 am 

As an Australian I can guarantee you that is NOT the case, at least for Aus. China is clamping down on all our non-essential exports in an effort to economically cripple us for our govt calling the CCP out on a whole bunch of shit (HK, Taiwan, Xinjiang, various cyber attacks, CCP infiltration of local business, etc). Every one of our bigger exports has been "unofficially" cancelled in the last few months. They haven't touched our iron ore exports yet because they depend almost solely on Australia for that, but there is no love lost between our two countries at the moment. Plus we just signed a military pact with Japan that China sees as a threat. And public sentiment is pretty anti-China in Australia at the moment - the general public mostly overlooks domestic issues in other countries, even if there's a little hand-wringing going on as they turn the blind eye, but Chinese officials have been so aggressive in their language towards us, and it's been reported so much in the media here, that no one bar a few big business lobbyists and migrants from mainland China wants anything more to do with them. It's an interesting time - we're about to be cut loose of our biggest trading partner of the last 30 years or so, but general consensus seems to be that the economic hit will be for the greater good.

caspian
Wanderer of the Wastes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:02 am 

I highly doubt China are worried about our li'l army going up against theirs. Maybe they're scared of our skill at shooting afghan farmers after they've surrendered, I dunno. Sounds like you're reading a bit too much murdoch press, to be blunt.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Ezadara
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:07 pm 

I don't know about Australia but China absolutely sees Japan as a major regional threat and if Japan and Australia agree to pursue closer military cooperation you better believe China's gonna take notice.

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:11 am 

caspian wrote:
I highly doubt China are worried about our li'l army going up against theirs. Maybe they're scared of our skill at shooting afghan farmers after they've surrendered, I dunno. Sounds like you're reading a bit too much murdoch press, to be blunt.

I have no idea how you got that from my post - I pretty much read exclusively fairfax/ABC news, and everything I wrote there comes more or less from those sources.

Ezadara
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:44 pm 

Since this came up earlier in the thread...

Dianne Feinstein will be stepping down as the ranking Dem on Senate Judiciary. Good news in that she clearly wasn't the right person to meet the Republicans blow for blow on that committee, but signs point to her being replaced by Dick Durbin, who isn't exactly known for being a pugilist when the situation calls for it either.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 212, 213, 214, 215, 216