Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Inkshooter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:37 pm 

Varg thinks literally all Americans have been "miscegenated" into subhuman mongrels, so I don't really care what his thoughts on the current situation are.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:07 am 

henkkjelle wrote:
Quote:
The ONLY alternative is to accelerate the total destruction of their system. No politician will help you do that. NOT ONE."

If I didn't know better I would mistake him for a revolutionary leftist.

Horseshoe theory :lol:

But yes, it's probably really just "Trump isn't racist enough for my liking"

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:01 am 

A friendly reminder that we don't need to give Varg's insane ravings any oxygen whatsoever. If only everyone was successful in doing that, maybe it would go away.

NorseDave
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:39 am 

Another reminder: as sooner as we abandon this manichaeistic view and counter-productive arrogance regarding the extreme right movements the better it is! We must aknowledge that in modern society far right doesn't fit our mental box: as I said in another topic such movements aren't concerning white supremacy, races eradication and holocaust worshipping but mainly and mostly anti-capitalism and working rights. That is what's happening in Europe, at least, probably not in US where the capitalistic system is not doubted at all and so the far right is just the violent hand of capitalism. If we contextualize that, Varg's words wouldn't have been surprising at all. Because in this forum we can mock or ignore it, it's fine, but it's not the right way to address the problem on a larger scale. Mocking aside, I can assure you that what Varg said it is EXACTLY what the Italian Communist Party stated on their Official Facebook page after the Washington DC misdeeds. And I'd rather prefer to understand how to steer people's opinions towards the second one rather than toward the Norwegian hoary pesant former musician.

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:50 am 

Yeah no you're wrong. Last time I checked holocaust denial and ethnonationalism is still the hottest thing for the far-right here. And I'd reckon most of them would rather shoot themselves than adopt leftist rhetoric.

Inkshooter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:54 pm 

NorseDave wrote:
Another reminder: as sooner as we abandon this manichaeistic view and counter-productive arrogance regarding the extreme right movements the better it is! We must aknowledge that in modern society far right doesn't fit our mental box: as I said in another topic such movements aren't concerning white supremacy, races eradication and holocaust worshipping but mainly and mostly anti-capitalism and working rights. That is what's happening in Europe, at least, probably not in US where the capitalistic system is not doubted at all and so the far right is just the violent hand of capitalism. If we contextualize that, Varg's words wouldn't have been surprising at all. Because in this forum we can mock or ignore it, it's fine, but it's not the right way to address the problem on a larger scale. Mocking aside, I can assure you that what Varg said it is EXACTLY what the Italian Communist Party stated on their Official Facebook page after the Washington DC misdeeds. And I'd rather prefer to understand how to steer people's opinions towards the second one rather than toward the Norwegian hoary pesant former musician.

If we ignore the problem, it'll go away

EldritchSun
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:53 pm 

NorseDave wrote:
Another reminder: as sooner as we abandon this manichaeistic view and counter-productive arrogance regarding the extreme right movements the better it is! We must aknowledge that in modern society far right doesn't fit our mental box: as I said in another topic such movements aren't concerning white supremacy, races eradication and holocaust worshipping but mainly and mostly anti-capitalism and working rights.

That's simply NOT true. Weird you said that, coming from a country not only with a fascist past, but also with tons of actual bonehead/neonazi scum going on, including some politicians.

If you wanna get a sort of summary of what those mofos stand for, here it is:

-Abolishment of democracy and human rights - only the "strong" and "righteous" have rights.

-White supremacism. Whites are the greatest race and individuals and not only deserve rule and dominate the rest, they have the divine and natural right to do so. If you don't believe me, look up for people who read Degrelle or Serrano.

-Absolute erradication of jews, blacks and other "scum". These are seen as inferior subhuman beings that, if they are not slaves, they should be eliminated. Jews in particular are hated with a bigger passion and must be persecuted and killed to finish the Führer's work.

- (A rather chauvinistic take on) Racial Purity. All the undesirable scum must be destroyed to avoid the worthy and fine white women get mixed with impure and inferior beings and controlling the breeding of mongrels.

- Preservation and enforcement of White culture and idiosyncrasy. The "desirable" and worthy values that every white man and woman should embody must be teached, enforced and shoved in every citizen to make sure everyone think and feel the same; to wish the same, to hate the same.

If you analyze these "principles", the far right republican insurgents actually stand for everything I mentioned. Every single thing. Varg, Dagon, the bunch of NSBM members and every "patriot" that can go so far that they are actively against the goverment and declare they have their own oaths and symbols they are up to defend., like the Oathkeepers and the shiton of paramilitary groups that think and feel the same.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:32 am 

Just completely normal events in the land of Dumbfuckistan

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/ ... 648386002/

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/sa ... iot-attack

Quote:
AOC also says that she didn't feel safe going to the safe room and sheltering with other members of Congress, because she felt some of them might disclose her location to rioters and put her in danger.

The Republican party needs to be politically destroyed forever. The sad thing is that I'm 100% certain none of them will be punished for any of this. And Trump will likely never see the inside of a jail cell.

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:13 am 

I think that some of them will, if only because the feds are actually starting to round up people and arrest them (see the videos of all the MAGA chuds getting thrown off airplanes by being on a no-fly list after they invaded the Capitol), and Trump's gonna get impeached a second time, but I'm almost certain that every Congressperson that helped get us to this point will get off scot free. Ironically, the only person in government that might actually see any punishment for this is Trump himself, mostly because he's of no further use to McConnell or the party leadership who desperately wants to rid themselves of his cult, but that's entirely dependent on whether or not the various Republicans that are pledging to vote for conviction actually follow through with it. I've no faith they will, because, as I've said numerous times before here and elsewhere, a Republican will always save his/her own ass first. In this case, saving their own ass means realizing that the Trump cult is not going away, and pissing them off means possibly getting primaried out of office. The people getting arrested for their part in the insurrection now are peons to the GOP leadership; They do not matter, and they never really have, therefore it's okay for those people to go down in flames. As long as the wealthy donors keep giving them money, that's all they care about.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:36 am 

I'm not talking about the chuds who stormed the Capitol. They're so stupid that many of them can't avoid getting in trouble. I'm talking about the Republican politicians who brought this on and then aided the insurrectionists before and during it's unfolding. One of them was literally live Tweeting Speaker Pelosi's location as they breached the Capitol. And based on other revelations, I don't think it's too far out there to say that these fascist foot soldiers had inside help - not just from the police, but politicians too.

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:19 am 

Subrick wrote:
I think that some of them will, if only because the feds are actually starting to round up people and arrest them (see the videos of all the MAGA chuds getting thrown off airplanes by being on a no-fly list after they invaded the Capitol)

Gravetemplar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:56 am 

darkeningday wrote:
Subrick wrote:
I think that some of them will, if only because the feds are actually starting to round up people and arrest them (see the videos of all the MAGA chuds getting thrown off airplanes by being on a no-fly list after they invaded the Capitol)

Wait, is that an onion she is carrying to fake tears?

kalervon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:01 pm 

I haven't completely read this article which popped up in my Facebook, and I know some people here have issues with Kim Kelly, but it mentions the Metal Archives in the context of the Capitol invasion:
Kim Kelly wrote:
The Encyclopedia Metallum, a kind of crowdsourced metal Wikipedia, has been an invaluable resource in examining album details and discovering links between seemingly harmless artists and their racist collaborators. Sometimes a werewolf is just a werewolf, but often it’s a sign of something more malignant.

https://www.cjr.org/first_person/heavy-metal-capitol-spotting-nazis.php

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:34 pm 

Gravetemplar wrote:
darkeningday wrote:
Subrick wrote:

Wait, is that an onion she is carrying to fake tears?

There's a quite widespread myth that onions help against tear gas.

Gravetemplar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:17 pm 

matras wrote:
There's a quite widespread myth that onions help against tear gas.

Damn, that's even dumber than faking tears with an onion on an internet video. That's only going to get you worse, I wouldn't imagine in a thousand years people would use unionsfor that. That's like using Tabasco to attenuate the effect of a really hot chili pepper you just ate.

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:35 pm 

Yeah :lol: But they argue that it makes you cry and that the excessive tears flush the tear gas away :brick:

kalervon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:45 pm 

Why has she put so many things into her eyes..

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:54 pm 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/13/politics ... index.html

And, to no one’s surprise, Trump has been impeached again. Let’s just see if a conviction happens now that the GOP leadership doesn’t need or want him in the party anymore.

EldritchSun
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:04 pm 

Subrick wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/13/politics/house-vote-impeachment/index.html

And, to no one’s surprise, Trump has been impeached again. Let’s just see if a conviction happens now that the GOP leadership doesn’t need or want him in the party anymore.

Still, 197 motherfuckers voted against the impeachment. People should really examine the disgusting lack of human values of those traitors.

Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:21 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
Subrick wrote:

What a dumb b!!!c.

"Why did you want to go in?"

"We're storming the capital! It's a revolution!"

People this dumb are the reason this country is what it is and the reason why Trump was elected in the first place.

I'm so glad that he's now the only president in history to be impeached twice. Though i doubt he'll be convicted before the 20th, I hope he is convicted afterwards just so their's no way he can ever run for office again and so his reputation is even further ruined.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:22 pm 

matras wrote:
Yeah :lol: But they argue that it makes you cry and that the excessive tears flush the tear gas away :brick:

Well, based on my one-time experience in Antif... the army, one decent whiff of teargas really get enough tears running to cleanse the ears, too. I have never wondered why people back up from the gas after it turned out that my gas mask wasn't, in fact, gas tight. At all. And I really mean it. Mean stuff at sufficient concentrations. No onion needed.

Slater922
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:52 pm 

Subrick wrote:

Is there really a point in doing so? Trump only has one week in office before Biden makes him leave, and even if Trump is found guilty, it would seem a bit too late, seeing the amount of crap he's gotten away with in the past 4-5 years.

Check out my reviews

Inkshooter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:54 pm 

So... what now? I think it's unlikely that the Senate will convict him, but it seems unlikely that he will be able to run for office again.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:30 pm 

Slater922 wrote:
Subrick wrote:

Is there really a point in doing so? Trump only has one week in office before Biden makes him leave, and even if Trump is found guilty, it would seem a bit too late, seeing the amount of crap he's gotten away with in the past 4-5 years.

While he won't be brought to trial during his term thanks to Mitch being a fucking wimp and, like I keep saying, saving his own ass first in the manner of a true Republican, a conviction after he leaves office will accomplish three things: 1. Strips Trump of any post-presidency perks, like lifetime Secret Service protection, a travel stipend of I think it was $1 million a year for life, and a $200,000/year pension for life; 2. Opens him up to federal charges for crimes he committed while POTUS; and the biggest at number 3. Bans him from running for public office ever again, which means he will not be allowed to run for president again in 2024. That reason is what could be appealing to GOP leadership to go forward with conviction, as the establishment Republicans desperately do not want him to split the party over the next two election cycles. Whether they'll go through with it is up in the air, as more and more GOP politicians are jumping on the "We're gonna do everything we can to appease the Trump cult because we really don't wanna get primaried out when next we run" train.

Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:31 am 

kalervon wrote:
Why has she put so many things into her eyes..

Is this your way of telling another president has been found?

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:50 am 

It's incredible to me that so many Republicans lack even the basic leadership required to just say: "Joe Biden has been elected president, I don't like it anymore than you do, I count on you in 2022 and again in 2024 so we can make America great again blahblahblah". Though I understand that at this point, it may not have any effect and result in death threats or worse. They created this monster, and now they run away from any responsibility, democracy be damned!

Alos, not sure if you guys saw this, but there are now evidence that "it was an inside job". With the complete cunt who revealed the location of Pelosi during the insurrection, the removed panic buttons and the mysterious groups that toured the Capitol days before, I think AOC's worries are 100% warranted. And now, of course, the motherfuckers go back to the Capitol and dodge the metal detectors. Gym Jordan (the protector of abusers of children Gym Jordan) whining about his "constitutional rights". Apparently, in Gym (the protector of abusers of children Gym Jordan)'s Constitution there is an article about metal detectors. Truly, the Founding Fathers were prescient beings.

Ezadara
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:05 pm 

Marjorie Taylor Greene, the newly elected rep who appears to be all the dumbest and most contemptible aspects of the modern GOP packed into one person and dialed to 11, has announced that she's gonna file impeachment articles against Biden the day after he's sworn in.

Honestly, I'm just surprised it took this long for one of them to pull such a stunt. I would have expected them to start hollering about impeaching Biden the minute Trump conceded.

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:03 pm 

Imagine if Trumpublicans put as much effort into their work and improving the country, instead of performing stunts like that? It would resemble Lionel Hutz's vision of a world without lawyers.

But honestly, I think the most contemptible newly elected Trumpublican is Lauren Boebert. She is everything that is wrong in America, personified in a Mega-Karen avatar.

kalervon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:24 pm 

or Maga-Karen

korgull
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:35 pm 

I hear Matt Gaetz is being strongly considered for the lead role in a remake of the 1963 crime-thriller, The Sadist.

https://youtu.be/GUMmawdvYgA?t=2321

MeavyHetal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:24 pm 

What point is there for Greene to even file impeachment against Biden? It won't even get past the House :durr:

Slater922
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:49 pm 

MeavyHetal wrote:
What point is there for Greene to even file impeachment against Biden? It won't even get past the House :durr:

EXACTLY!!! That's especially not helped by the fact that the house has a Democratic majority, which is the same party Biden is also in.

Now, it might have passed if it was a Republican majority, but even then I'm doubtful, since some of the Republican voted to impeach Trump.

Check out my reviews

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:51 pm 

MeavyHetal wrote:

It's all just theater, they want to keep stoking their base and fueling polarization. That's it.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:11 pm 

I hate to be That Guy, but didn't some dems write-up impeachment charges immediately for Trump in 2016 and 2017?

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:46 pm 

There was discussion of trying to impeach Trump after he fired James Comey in May 2017, and articles were drafted in June, but the first actual introduction of articles of impeachment onto the House floor wasn't until November 2017, as a response to what happened in Charlottesville that summer. The QAnon psycho lady is actually introducing articles literally the day after Biden's inauguration.

GTog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:56 pm 

Well Mitch, this is what you get. For decades the GOP leadership has been inviting stupid & crazy into the party, and now they have it in spades.

See, at the most fundamental, they are anti-democratic and pro-authoritarian. The leadership, and McConnell in particular, want power concentrated at the top. They don't want independent thinkers they have to corral all the time, they want compliance. Then it's like Mitch gets 50 votes instead of just his own, because the compliant will do what they're told.

Since stupid = compliant (generally), they invited in the stupid starting in the 1990 midterms or so. That worked out pretty well for a while. But sometimes crazy looks like stupid and they thought the equation would therefore be crazy = compliant. Not so. Now it's out of control.

I'm sure Mitch doesn't need my advice, but the best possible thing he could do for his party now is convict Trump. Toss him out of the GOP. Forbid him from ever holding public office again. It will not rid us of the asshole, unfortunately, and will not rid the GOP of the asshole either, but it would solve a huge problem.

The other thing it will do is fracture the Republican party and their voter base. Perhaps not fatally, but it will serve to evict the crazy. It's weirdly like when the GOP was created in the first place, when the Whigs collapsed over slavery in 1854. It really is. The right thinking anti-slavery Whigs made themselves a new Republican party, and won the Presidency almost immediately. The wrongheaded pro-slavery Whigs tried a couple of half-assed things but found no solid footing anywhere, ultimately dying out.

So do that, GOP. Kick out the crazy. Let the crazy-ass buffalo horn guy and the "It's the revolution!" lady be their base, not yours. Let the Marjorie Taylor Greenes and the super hot yet super crazy Lauren Boeberts be their representatives, not yours. It will cost you the majority for a loooong time, but that's already a lost cause. Reform and be better. You could be back by... I'll say 2026.

Ezadara
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:33 am 

GTog wrote:
I'm sure Mitch doesn't need my advice, but the best possible thing he could do for his party now is convict Trump.

That might actually be the conclusion McConnell has already arrived at. Evidently he views this second impeachment attempt as an opportunity to purge Trump from the party-- it's just a question of whether he thinks it's worth taking the risk of putting his political weight behind it. McConnell's genuinely furious about what happened at the capitol, but political calculation and preservation of power will always take precedence over principle for him.

Sedition and Pockets
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:51 am 

Ezadara wrote:
GTog wrote:
I'm sure Mitch doesn't need my advice, but the best possible thing he could do for his party now is convict Trump.

That might actually be the conclusion McConnell has already arrived at. Evidently he views this second impeachment attempt as an opportunity to purge Trump from the party-- it's just a question of whether he thinks it's worth taking the risk of putting his political weight behind it. McConnell's genuinely furious about what happened at the capitol, but political calculation and preservation of power will always take precedence over principle for him.

I don't want to be the one defending Yertl the Turtle, but if you're in politics and political calculation and power don't enter into your equation, you're a LARPer.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:25 pm 

Supporting the impeachment to barely sufficient degree to let it pass is the smartest move the Republicans can now make. They seriously need to get rid of Trump, that much is obvious. The Democrats did them a huge favour when the voted for the impeachment. Not only will the impeachment's passing act as a token atonement of the past deeds by the Rebs, it will also make certain that Trump will no longer be eligible for a federal position of power. Without that, he could fuck the whole thing up for the Republican party, either as a candidate of the party, or as an independent in the future, as long as he lives.

I believe they are now crunching the numbers to find enough senators who suffer the least potential harm in supporting the impeachment to make sure it passes. Any senators intending to retire can now volunteer as tributes. It will be a tight race, but Mitch will make it happen. Just watch it unfold.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:10 am 

I see no way 17 Republican senators are going to break ranks and repudiate Trump. 5 or even 10? Yeah, not a problem, but 17 is simply too many, even with Trump's approval rating in freefall. The impeachment is about messaging, and one that may indeed work but it could also backfire.

Obviously, the 14th amendment is the surefire way to excise the malignant tumor of Trump with relative ease (although I'm not sure it will end his pension, which would be a shame), and it will hopefully be passed when/if impeachment fails.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227  Next