Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
abyss696
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:33 am 

This happened to me and some friends more than 20 years ago, it was summer and my friends and I were just teenagers trying to have some fun: we hanged outdoors all the while while smoking weed, listening to music... I don't remember who told us about the ouija thing, but we started to play with that shit just for laughs. We made the ouija board by painting it by hand with a ballpen in a A4 paper sheet and we used a coin to let the "otherworldy spirits" talk to us: we put our fingers over the coin and invoke some nasty spirit to haunt us (usually one of us moved the coin while impersonating Satan threatening to kill every one of us). But one day, some weird thing happened: it was afternoon so we were in broad daylight and we were in a park, we started with the invocations in the ouija and the coin started to move and begun to form words: it was a guy that died a few years ago and he told us the story of his life: how he was adopted by a wealthy family, his father and brother were military in fact, but the guy became an anarchist when he grew up and lived all his life confronted with them due to his political convictions. During the "conversation" he randomly stopped and wrote "attack" (this happened several times while he told us his story) Finally he told us that he died from a heart attack so it looked that the "attack" thing was due to some trauma or whatever because of his cause of death. He even told us where he lived all his life, and finally he just cut short the conversation and the coin remained still and never moved again. After that, we asked to each other "did you move it, did you wrote all that stuff?" but seriously, none of us moved a thing, I can tell you that. Besides, we looked into a map the place where he told us that he had lived all his life and it actually existed: it was some random village really far, and I mean far like hundreds of kilometres away from where we lived and totally unknown to all of us. The creepiest thing was that the story he told us wasn't a scary story at all: no murder, no haunting vengeful spirits, just the story of a guy who lived a life confronted with his family but nothing really remarkable, and died of old age by a heart failure and everything happened in a place that really exists but none of us knew of it by that time. It sounded too fucking real. The following day we tried to contact again but the coin remained still and we just stopped with that shit for good. I consider myself pretty skeptical regarding all this life after death stuff, and maybe what happened that day was probably because some sort of suggestion state, but I never ever played with that sort of things again, just in case.

nightbreaker33
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:42 pm 

1: some gay pedo fucker guy tried to lick my hand when I was 5 while I was holding my mother's hand

2: I was hiking and I saw footprints of a bear. I never met the bear fortunately

~Guest 135946
MUH BOTH SIDES!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:21 pm 

Oh the carnival, the place where creepy drifters latch themselves onto roving liability lawsuits and skirt condemnation as they travel the nation.

The first time I ever felt the thorniness of elephant hair dig into my thigh was at the Barnstable County Fair. But that isn't the tale with which I'll regale you today.

Instead this was the local fair near Chepachet. It wasn't elephant day, (https://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/3612) a day created for the tale of a circus that came to town where townies shot an elephant and has since become a local commemoration and celebration of pachyderms in Puritan territory.

No, this was the carnival for the northern rural county, tractor pull and all.

We sat in the stands watching diesel exhaust spew and hearing the roars of vehicles that had never tilled a field attempt to yank unnecessarily large amounts of stuff across a churned-up muddy field.

It was a halcyon day replete with cotton candy, insecticide cologne, and the natural plague of village idiots that such events attract.

I was sitting with my mom, she had her arm around my back as I was maybe six or seven years old at the time. I had just gotten a new haircut and "pinging" my landscaped scalp was a joy of the morning considering I had yet to pubesce into a grease-soiled teenager yet.

My dad called it "pinging" because when the grunts got their heads shaved down, they would say "pingpingpingpingping" as they whisked their hands across the scalps of their friends and laugh as their hands tilled such a freshly mown field of hair.

I felt something on my head in the stands during that tractor pull, expecting a "pinging".

It wasn't.

Instead, it was a massaging stroke that continued on for longer that I'd expected.

Considering my mother's arm was around my back, I believed it to be her idly handling her son's head in the nurturing way that mothers do.

Instead my little head was the satisfaction of the obscene.

The drunken slob behind us was tantalized by my skull and using me like a furry wall after a Jeffrey:
and when my dad looked back, as part of his usual scans of a crowd, he saw the creeper's hand in the wrong place and caught on quicker than I ever would have.

He always told me, through the formative years where I didn't know life wasn't supposed to be blurry, that "it's right there, if it were a snake it would have bit you". My dad saved me from a snakebite that day.

That was one experience among a few others that taught me that I don't like to be touched at all.

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:15 am 

Not the creepiest by the standards of this thread, but my weekend was a bit Wicker Man

I
Friday afternoon, around 18:00
Have walked up Glastonbury Tor to see the tower / the view / etc.
Enjoyed the walk, enjoying the general 'feel' of the place
Enter a stereotypical English middle class family, children in expensive wellingtons, parents in body warmers, the works.
Much chatter and squealing of children ensues
Until one of them calls out very loudly 'mummy, can I help with the offering today ? mummy, mummy, the offering ?'
'yes darling, but let's go into the tower so that we don't disturb these people'

II
Sunday morning, around 10:00 AM
Walking in the main street of Glastonbury
No-one really about, light rain, most shops not open yet
Enter a man with huge white / red / stained hair, big beard, no shoes, tie-dye shorts, and a rainbow coloured shirt with strings / stuff hanging off it
He walks past us, points, and starts shouting/singing 'YOU'RE GOING TO HELL, YOU'RE GOING TO BURN, DOWN DOWN DOWN BURN BURN BURN"
Later on, he's playing a guitar outside an alleyway, quietly singing about the raining fire that will consume us all, while smoking the worlds most horrible looking rollup.

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:24 pm 

I'm thrilled and enthused to see this thread still going since its original inception (prior to this current V2 one).

A little bit of history and trivia regarding it: My twin brother, known here as Fortifiv3, created the original thread. I just wanted to take a moment and remember him, as I'm excited to see the thread is still going strong. He sadly passed away two months ago, and logging in today struck me as a carrying on of his memory from you all here at Metallum, and so I just wanted to say thank you to all you as it is more special to me to see it continuing. A testament to him if you ask me. So thank you very much to everyone here at Metallum for this.

Rest in peace, bro. Until we meet again.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:34 am 

ksevile wrote:
I'm thrilled and enthused to see this thread still going since its original inception (prior to this current V2 one).

A little bit of history and trivia regarding it: My twin brother, known here as Fortifiv3, created the original thread. I just wanted to take a moment and remember him, as I'm excited to see the thread is still going strong. He sadly passed away two months ago, and logging in today struck me as a carrying on of his memory from you all here at Metallum, and so I just wanted to say thank you to all you as it is more special to me to see it continuing. A testament to him if you ask me. So thank you very much to everyone here at Metallum for this.

Not to derail this post, but I am very sorry for your loss.

Space_alligator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:21 pm 

3 seperate stories:

The Wife and I lived in a little duplex, and one night we were watching a movie. She was laying on the lounge and i was on the floor. At one point i thought i heard her get up and walk up to our bedroom...she didn't.

100% percent heard the footsteps travel up the hallway, and they had to be in our unit, as the adjoining had bare wooden floorboards...and the steps i heard were on carpet.

We bought a house, and the previous owners left a old wardobe in one of the rooms. One night, i could hear a constant banging of a door. I got up and investigated, the wardrobe doors were banging closed slightly. Nothing around to cause a draught.

Lastley, staying in a serviced apartment one night all i heard was the constant pacing of footsteps on a tiled floor and a chair being slid back and forth.

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:33 pm 

Last summer I was out jogging and a grey Volvo drove past me. It was just a car. I payed it no attention. But about five minutes later, the same Volvo drove past me again in the opposite direction. A while later I came to a bridge on the road and stopped for a minute, where I observed the Volvo drive past me once more, pull into a driveway a little way from the bridge, turn around, and drive off again in the opposite direction. I was more than a little creeped out by this time. Who was in that car? Were they setting up a drug deal and trying to evade me or something? I decided to cut my run short and head back home.

I was almost there and was crossing another small bridge when the Volvo drove up behind me. It stopped, I stopped and its windows rolled down. Inside was a woman with short blond hair. She looked quite young, like around 30 or so. "Hey, I don't mean to stalk you," she said (interesting way to open a conversation), "are you a neighbor?" I said yes, I was a neighbor and I lived just down the road. "Why are you following me?" I asked. Her answer was vague. Something to do with "community watch", although people I spoke to later confirmed that she was not a community watch member. I also discovered that her name was Taylor, thanks to a "no trespassing" sign that was posted on the fence next to a house where I saw her grey Volvo parked in the weeks that followed.

Just a couple weeks ago, I finally found out why she was driving up and down the road that day. Her house had just been robbed and she was looking for the culprits.

It makes sense now that I know why she was doing it, but it really made me feel weird when I experienced it.

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:57 pm 

Not sure if I have written this before, but here goes:

I was about 10-12 years old. (20 ish years ago now)
Me, my mon and my sister was driving from our home, not sure to where.

After about 1min of driving from our home, at a deserted road with woods on all sides.
We started to see a light above us, it was sort of following us.
My mon stoped the car, and the light stopped aswell, just above our car.
My mom and sister got out of the car to see what the hell was going on.
I was inside the car, in the back seat, looking out through the back window on the light above us. (Toyota Camry 1986)

Suddenly the light came closer, my mom and sister went really fast into the car, scared as hell and we drove of.
The light just dissapedred aswell.

Still, this haunts me.
I can see it like it was yesterday.

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:11 am 

I don't know if this is true, I can only go via experience / confirmation bias - someone with more of a tech head might be able to laugh at me with confidence :)

I have a lot of music on my laptop / phone. I usually just set it to shuffle when working or driving. There's about 530 albums.

My wife & I had noticed that we always ended up getting Visions of Atlantis (I have three of their records, vs 10+ for many other bands, for context)

We had the thought that 'maybe the algorithm is listening'; especially as Apple kit is never truly off unless the battery is dead. We also share a little in-joke about how horrible derivative VoA are of themselves, and seem to only have one good chorus melody. This is a joke we tell ourselves quite a bit, as the shuffle always selects their songs.

So one day we set out to experiment - set the laptop to shuffle, and let it play for a couple of hours - we then worked a casual VoA reference into conversation.

The next track began 'Good evening Vienna ! We are Visions of Atlantis, and this song is called New Dawwwwwwnnnnn'....

Spooky, right ?

megadeth93
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:36 pm 

It was 1979, I was 10 years old, staying in the front bedroom of my grandparents' house (on vacation) and my grandma was sleeping in the same room. Their old dog had just died and they had bought a new dog. That night I heard the new dog walking around the front bedroom making noises. The next day I heard that he had been out in the back room locked in about 25 metres away all night. Very strange, never forgot it...

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:26 am 

megadeth93 wrote:
It was 1979, I was 10 years old, staying in the front bedroom of my grandparents' house (on vacation) and my grandma was sleeping in the same room. Their old dog had just died and they had bought a new dog. That night I heard the new dog walking around the front bedroom making noises. The next day I heard that he had been out in the back room locked in about 25 metres away all night. Very strange, never forgot it...
Do you believe it was your dog that passed? Has anything like that happened since?

megadeth93
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:56 pm 

last_eulogy wrote:
megadeth93 wrote:
Do you believe it was your dog that passed? Has anything like that happened since?

When it happened I thought it was the new dog, not the old dog. But I really don't know. Nothing like that has ever happened since. That would have been the first time I stayed at that house after the old dog died. Have you heard of anything similar?

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:37 am 

I came to this thread for a throwback; hoping to reread some scary shit that OzzyApu told ages ago, but I guess that's in the V1 of this thread.

I've got my own story that never really occurred to me as being creepy, but more so unexplainable.

Since I was a young little tacker, I've had a wooden crucifix follow me around wherever I go. I don't know how I came in possession of this crucifix, or where it came from.
The crucifix is the size of my hand, and I can't seem to get rid of it (it's since gone now, I'll explain below).

When I was a youngin', my mother found the cross appear amongst my toys one evening when she was packing my stuff up and getting me ready for bedtime. "Gestapothrash, where did you get this?"
I couldn't answer. I hadn't seen it until she picked it out of my box of toys, and couldn't explain how it got there. I was around 3 years old, and not really playing in the street by myself yet, so I positively hadn't found it somewhere and brought it home. She threw it in the bin. The next day it appeared in my bedroom again, much to my parents' disbelief - as if somebody had removed it from the rubbish and planted it back in my room, on my bedside table. My father threw it directly in the wheelie bin outside of the house, the rubbish truck came on bin day and it was gone. At least we thought it was, until a few weeks later where it magically appeared in one of my drawers in my dresser amongst my clothes. Months and months of this went on where it would be thrown away, be gone for a few weeks and then mysteriously appear somewhere in my bedroom, either amongst my toys, out in the open in an obvious spot like my bedside table, or in a hidden place such as underneath my bed. It was soon accepted that we couldn't get rid of this thing, and it would be stored in my dresser permanently, and was there throughout my whole childhood and teen years. In my late teens I moved houses with my parents, and did a stocktake of all my possessions and clothes - threw away the crucifix for the move. In my new house, I'd finally thought it had disappeared, and about 2 years later I rediscovered it buried deep in my closet, on the top shelf amongst things. I wasn't really surprised anymore. One thing to note, I'd asked both of my parents at different stages of my life if they were fucking with me and manipulating this situation for shits and giggles, and they both solemnly swore they hadn't.
Present Day: I moved into my own place a few years ago with my girlfriend, and again disposed of the cross when I moved my things across during the move. It hasn't appeared in my house (yet), and it's been almost 3 years.
Curiously enough, I did some landscaping in my front yard - made a pathway to my front door with pavers and made these little garden/rock beds filled with Tuscan styled pebbles/stones, all boxed in with sleepers.
Upon the final day of finishing, I stood in front of my brand new front yard, cracked open a beer to reflect on my hard work, and it hit me - the biggest stone/garden bed which was central to everything, which was the centrepiece of my whole front porch, was in the shape of a cross, unbeknown to me at the time of doing it. I can't explain how I didn't twig at the time, how I hadn't seen that the sleepers I was putting in the ground made this shape - I was on autopilot. When the penny dropped, I had this sinking feeling as I'd realised that this was the new incarnation of the cross that'd followed me all this time. I ended up digging up my work and redesigning the shape to get rid of it.
I haven't come across it since.
Imagine getting pounded on the side of the head with a rather average-sized brick approximately four times a second for a half-hour while a vacuum cleaner is turned to maximum volume in the background. That's Marduk for ya.

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:22 pm 

megadeth93 wrote:
last_eulogy wrote:
megadeth93 wrote:

When it happened I thought it was the new dog, not the old dog. But I really don't know. Nothing like that has ever happened since. That would have been the first time I stayed at that house after the old dog died. Have you heard of anything similar?
I forgot to come back to this thread to reply to you. I have never had it happen to me, but I have had a few people who I thought were telling me a legitimate experience that their pets came back to them after dying. I had an ex who told me at times she would see a dog of hers at her place. It had died and she said she would actually see the dog at times. I love my past dogs and cats very much and still think about them. It would be cool to see them, or know they are there, but it has never happened to me.

Within the past few months I moved. In my old place I was outside about 4 am before work taking my dogs out. I am not sure of the distance, but clear enough to see a woman standing there. It was just getting colder as it went from fall to winter here in the states. She was not on a phone, she was not smoking, not walking dogs just standing there. She wasn't next to an apartment, she was in the parking lot and did not have a jacket on. I almost never see anyone out there at that time of morning and it really shook me. I could not see if she was looking at me, but she was facing my direction. I wasn't sure what to make of it, but quickly went inside. For some reason I thought it was a sign of a bad omen, but nothing tragic has happened to me since. I want to say it was a ghost, but I really don't know.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:55 am 

I have another personal experience, kind of in the strange realm I guess. Sometime when I was in 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade I went to the bustop as usual. To wait with the other children to go to school. A new child was there and I introduced myself and he introduced himself. He had the same first name as me. I said that's cool, my name is so unique, its awesome to meet someone else with the same name. I asked what his last name was and then his middle name. They were exactly the same as mine. I thought it was really strange to have that occur. I was a kid, so I asked him what his birthday was, it was the same month, day and year. I remember I just stood there stunned. I didn't speak to the kid after that. I think about it now and it seems like it had to be a joke. As a kid we had no problem throwing around our names, birthdays, where were born, anything. What kind of in elementary school kid would play this prank? Especially his first day at the bustop? The craziest thing is I never saw the kid at the stop, or school after that one day. It has to be a extremely strange coincidence I would imagine. The entire episode is just so weird. Especially I never saw the damn kid after that day. We played around the bustop on bikes all the time and I never saw him any of those times either. He was just gone, after one day.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:55 pm 

ksevile wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about your brother.

It's cool that he still lives on through this thread.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:40 pm 

wizard_of_bore wrote:
I have another personal experience, kind of in the strange realm I guess. Sometime when I was in 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade I went to the bustop as usual. To wait with the other children to go to school. A new child was there and I introduced myself and he introduced himself.
Spoiler: show
He had the same first name as me. I said that's cool, my name is so unique, its awesome to meet someone else with the same name. I asked what his last name was and then his middle name. They were exactly the same as mine. I thought it was really strange to have that occur. I was a kid, so I asked him what his birthday was, it was the same month, day and year. I remember I just stood there stunned. I didn't speak to the kid after that. I think about it now and it seems like it had to be a joke. As a kid we had no problem throwing around our names, birthdays, where were born, anything. What kind of in elementary school kid would play this prank? Especially his first day at the bustop? The craziest thing is I never saw the kid at the stop, or school after that one day. It has to be a extremely strange coincidence I would imagine. The entire episode is just so weird. Especially I never saw the damn kid after that day. We played around the bustop on bikes all the time and I never saw him any of those times either. He was just gone, after one day.

you might like this movie https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1549572/ don't watch the trailer.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:17 am 

aloof wrote:
wizard_of_bore wrote:
I have another personal experience, kind of in the strange realm I guess. Sometime when I was in 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade I went to the bustop as usual. To wait with the other children to go to school. A new child was there and I introduced myself and he introduced himself.
Spoiler: show
He had the same first name as me. I said that's cool, my name is so unique, its awesome to meet someone else with the same name. I asked what his last name was and then his middle name. They were exactly the same as mine. I thought it was really strange to have that occur. I was a kid, so I asked him what his birthday was, it was the same month, day and year. I remember I just stood there stunned. I didn't speak to the kid after that. I think about it now and it seems like it had to be a joke. As a kid we had no problem throwing around our names, birthdays, where were born, anything. What kind of in elementary school kid would play this prank? Especially his first day at the bustop? The craziest thing is I never saw the kid at the stop, or school after that one day. It has to be a extremely strange coincidence I would imagine. The entire episode is just so weird. Especially I never saw the damn kid after that day. We played around the bustop on bikes all the time and I never saw him any of those times either. He was just gone, after one day.

you might like this movie https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1549572/ don't watch the trailer.
Looks pretty good. I'll check it out. Thank you.

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:50 pm 

Whoa, interesting story wizard_of_bore! If that had happened to me I think to this day I'd be worried about being haunted or someone trying to steal my face and replace me.

I really like the unexplained. In my head I'm a Scully but in my heart I'm a Mulder. I look at it with a skeptic view, but unless someone is fabricating you can't just discount an individual experience. Weird stuff happens, often it is up to the individual. The human brain is a strange thing, it functions with patterns, processes information, creates our consciousnesses, then can have powerful and seemingly supernatural experiences that feel real but are just an internal thing.

Though is that maybe just as real as anything else? I've had issues with sleep paralysis and a recurring demon monster. If I didn't understand more about sleep disorders I'd swear I was being possessed. The pharmaceutical I was on at the time effed with my serotonin and other brain doodles, and once off that I didn't have the same disturbing experiences with a shadow demon lurking over me. That was definitely an internal thing, but sure felt real even though I knew it wasn't.

On the other hand, I have seen a UFO. Emphasis on unidentified. Definitely wasn't no helicopter or plane or Venus or light reflected off swamp gas. It sure was something though.

So who knows.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:24 am 

newp wrote:
Whoa, interesting story wizard_of_bore! If that had happened to me I think to this day I'd be worried about being haunted or someone trying to steal my face and replace me.

I really like the unexplained. In my head I'm a Scully but in my heart I'm a Mulder. I look at it with a skeptic view, but unless someone is fabricating you can't just discount an individual experience. Weird stuff happens, often it is up to the individual. The human brain is a strange thing, it functions with patterns, processes information, creates our consciousnesses, then can have powerful and seemingly supernatural experiences that feel real but are just an internal thing.

Though is that maybe just as real as anything else? I've had issues with sleep paralysis and a recurring demon monster. If I didn't understand more about sleep disorders I'd swear I was being possessed. The pharmaceutical I was on at the time effed with my serotonin and other brain doodles, and once off that I didn't have the same disturbing experiences with a shadow demon lurking over me. That was definitely an internal thing, but sure felt real even though I knew it wasn't.

On the other hand, I have seen a UFO. Emphasis on unidentified. Definitely wasn't no helicopter or plane or Venus or light reflected off swamp gas. It sure was something though.

So who knows.
I agree, but it seems like the older I get, the more skeptical I become. I read or watch YouTube videos about all types of strange things. 99 percent of them I don't believe. As you said, how you discount something that has actually happened to you? I was in the military for quite some time. I and others have thousands and hours just staring at the sky and the sea. We have all seen things. Strange things, something doing inhuman speeds and maneuvers. If you have personally seen something, how do you discredit that?
I wonder about the kid I met at the bus stop. That really happened to me. How can it be said that was a joke? Or just somehow he had all of my information and as a little kid thought to do that? Or his parents put him up to something like that? Then the next day, I never saw him again. I never saw him at the stop, not at school, not in the neighborhood, nothing. Maybe it was a prank, but the more I think about it over the years, the more impossible it seems. Especially since the next day he was gone. Its really strange.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:44 am 

^ Is there any way it's been so long since this happened that it actually happened in a dream, or it was similar to a story you heard and you may have skewed it into an event that happened to you?

I ask, because I wonder about things that happened to me when I was young and the possibility that I've twisted them in my head now since it's been so long.

*edit: shitty spelling issues and stupidity.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Last edited by CoconutBackwards on Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:15 am 

CoconutBackwards wrote:
^ Is there any way it's been so long since this happened that it actually happened in a dream, or it was similar to a story you heard and you may have skewered it into an even that happened to you?

I ask, because I wonder about things that happened to me when I was young and the possibility that I've twisted them in my head now since it's been so long.
Funny you should mention it, because I thought about that and I honestly don't know. It could be. It's been 40 years and that's a possibility. I know real or dream it happened to me, because I can see the bus stop. It really seems like an impossibility for something like that to happen. Its been so many years and it was a such a shock to me as a kid, I put the memory away. I only think about it here or there. I want to say it really happened to me, but what you said could of happened.

megadeth93
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:59 pm 

caspian wrote:
Man I have a few "dabbling in the occult while stoned" stories from when I was 18 or so, but I'll spare you guys most of them. They were pretty powerful to personally experience, of course.

One that always struck me as a creepy/weird/surreal experience was walking back to my car after a gig where I played bass. Was 4am in the morning, coldest day of the year (that's about -2C here), everything was lightly dusted in fog and frost and there just wasn't a soul around. These nights are kinda rare and special in Perth, there's always a bit of a spectral vibe about them. I was walking back to my car near this big open park that's on a gently sloping hill. Anyway, I see this shadowy figure start running towards me from.. well, it was pretty far away. Like 300m or so. He was holding what i assumed was a baseball bat. Not really all that sure what to do (not exactly the fastest sprinter, and I'd just played a 4 hr long gig), I just started running towards the guy with my bass. We got within 50 metres of each other, guess he changed his mind on a mugging, but he just kinda.. vanished. Turned away before I got to him, went down a side street and just immediately disappeared.

It was just a really weird scene, just me and this unknown potential assailant running towards each other in total dead silence. Afterwards, I was totally pumped on adrenaline, I didn't stop running until I reached my car which was a good 4 or so km away. Just sorta floated through these dark, freezing, totally silent streets at something approaching a 80-90% sorta run, yknow? Weird as, it happened maybe 8 years ago? And it's still vividly there in my mind.

Where did that happen exactly? I grew up in Perth - it doesn't hit -2C very often, maybe the hills area gets colder? I enjoyed your story.

megadeth93
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:14 pm 

Wizard_of_bore, I do appreciate you coming back to this thread to reply to me - full respect. I haven't been here for a while either. I tend to stick to the main discussion forum. Your story about the woman gave me chills - very strange indeed. The fact that she was standing there staring towards you - suggests either a disturbed person on a wander about or something from a world beyond.

In Australia, late 1980s, this woman used to walk in the mornings on a pathway next to a river. It was light and there were people about, it was 8am-8.30am. She had this massive dirty blondish hair - just driving past her gave me the chills, she had this aura, and this was in daytime in a fairly busy public place.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11