Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Oblarg
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:19 pm 

Death By Wall of Text wrote:
If throwing every condescending phrase from the "wake up sheeple" textbook at someone is your idea of "calling out", good luck having productive discussions with anyone about anything.

There's no productive discussion to be had with reactionaries.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:12 am 

IDK what you're talking about, we could've had a productive discussion about FBI crime statistics, critical race theory and George Floyd's drug use!

If a person thinks "racial tension" is higher now than, like, pretty much any other point in the entire history of the United States, then they live in a bubble and are probably standing on the wrong side of history. A multi-racial, multi-generational protest movement to end racialized policing is literally exactly the opposite of racial tension.

On a lighter note, Tucker Carlson picked the perfect guest to celebrate the passage of Juneteenth as a national holiday: Charles Murray.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

~Guest 1195014
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:28 am 

Oblarg wrote:
If throwing every condescending phrase from the "wake up sheeple" textbook at someone is your idea of "calling out", good luck having productive discussions with anyone about anything.

I've done my fair share of online arguing against overt and covert nazis. There's nothing in his posting history indicating that guy is one and he predictably snapped after getting the firing squad for one badly phrased exaggeration. This is how you antagonise and isolate people who are probably on (y)our side in the big picture. You're accomplishing nothing and convincing no one. While yes, discussing the media's role in all this could have been a productive discussion (because American media definitely doesn't have a reputation for being ridiculously sensational and money-driven).

I'll leave you to it now, I don't expect political discussion to be a BBC debate but after my personal experiences these tactics creep me the fuck out and I should probably stay away.

Oblarg
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:17 pm 

he predictably snapped after getting the firing squad for one badly phrased exaggeration

lol.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:56 am 

Oblarg wrote:

I've done my fair share of online arguing against overt and covert nazis. There's nothing in his posting history indicating that guy is one and he predictably snapped after getting the firing squad for one badly phrased exaggeration. This is how you antagonise and isolate people who are probably on (y)our side in the big picture. You're accomplishing nothing and convincing no one. While yes, discussing the media's role in all this could have been a productive discussion (because American media definitely doesn't have a reputation for being ridiculously sensational and money-driven).

I'll leave you to it now, I don't expect political discussion to be a BBC debate but after my personal experiences these tactics creep me the fuck out and I should probably stay away.

That's just a bunch of gaslighting. What they said was rightfully called out for the racist dogwhistle that it was. Calling it a firing squad is pretty much the same as corrupt fascist politicians whining about a witch-hunt.

~Guest 1195014
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:22 am 

Don't fucking accuse me of gaslighting without a reason, I do not take this shit lightly with my experience and I'm dead serious. Don't.

I explained everything else in my report regarding this thread, I don't owe you or anyone anything more than what I disclosed there, which is already more than I should have. I'll just repeat this thread and the tactics used here creep me the fuck out.

Last edited by hakarl on Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm gonna send you to cool off for a while, good grief.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:51 am 

henkkjelle wrote:
Before believing S&P's transparent spin, please just google for like 2 min.

I'm a little late, but S&P's take is basically right. I've lived in MPLS, and most of my activist friends live there.

The city has also been paying "activist" groups like AGAPE to act in the interests of the city and police. They were there during the first attempted clearing of George Floyd Square, threatening people and shouting homophobic slurs.

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:43 am 

Not really politics, but US events - and nother good reason not to do 'internet of things' if you aren't prepared to read the small print.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2021/06/texans-regret-opting-into-power-plan-that-remotely-raises-thermostat-temps/

Quote:
Power companies in multiple states offer promotions to enroll users into services that let the companies remotely adjust smart thermostats' temperatures by a few degrees when energy demand is high. These programs apparently worked as intended during a heat wave in which the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) requested that thermostats be set at 78°F (26°C) or higher to cut electricity use. But some residents who didn't realize what they'd signed up for were taken by surprise, according to local news reports.

Deer Park resident Brandon English said his wife and their daughters, including a 3-month-old, "woke up sweating" after an afternoon nap during which their thermostat had been remotely raised to 78°, according to a KHOU story on Thursday. English said he unenrolled the family's thermostat from the program after discovering that it was being operated remotely.

"I wouldn't want anybody else controlling my things for me... If somebody else can manipulate this, I'm not for it," he said, according to KHOU.

Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:17 pm 

So piece of shit evil racist cop Derek Chauvin was just sentenced to 22.5 years in prison but that's not good enough for me.

What pisses me off most is that's not even the max sentence he could have gotten which is 30 years and IMO he should either get life without parole or the death penalty and the choice should be up to Floyd's family based on whichever they think Chauvin wants least and which will make him suffer most.

And what also pisses me off is that they were saying on the news that there's a reasonable chance that if he has really "good behavior" he could get out in 14-15 years, but even so, he's 46 I think so that means he'd be probably 60 at the youngest or around 68-69 at the oldest so yeah, his life is probably ruined, but it's not enough for me.

Hopefully he gets killed in prison, and I know that's sick to say but he deserves it.

I think there is a good chance some very bad stuff will happen in prison and that he might get killed and he will probably want protective custody as much as possible but even 14 years at a bare minimum is a long time to hide in a place like that and cops are not very much liked in prison lol.

I hope the other cops who helped him also do some time and they were saying on the news that they will probably go to court as well.

Lets hope this ushers in a new age of less police brutality, especially towards blacks and minorities, though I wouldn't really hold my breath on it...

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:00 am 

Ill-Starred Son wrote:
Lets hope this ushers in a new age of less police brutality, especially towards blacks and minorities, though I wouldn't really hold my breath on it...

I can tell you one thing. The Minneapolis Police Department is as bad as ever, even with Chauvin off the streets. Not that this is surprising, given that they repeatedly and overwhelmingly voted in Bob Kroll.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:34 am 

Ill-Starred Son wrote:
So piece of shit evil racist cop Derek Chauvin was just sentenced to 22.5 years in prison but that's not good enough for me.

What pisses me off most is that's not even the max sentence he could have gotten which is 30 years and IMO he should either get life without parole or the death penalty and the choice should be up to Floyd's family based on whichever they think Chauvin wants least and which will make him suffer most.

I was just as mad as anyone when I first watched that video of George Floyd's murder by a low life scumbag.

But, I don't agree with this statement.

The grieving family wants and deserves justice, but I don't think it can be up to the family to decide what justice is.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Inkshooter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:39 pm 

Ill-Starred Son wrote:

And what also pisses me off is that they were saying on the news that there's a reasonable chance that if he has really "good behavior" he could get out in 14-15 years, but even so, he's 46 I think so that means he'd be probably 60 at the youngest or around 68-69 at the oldest so yeah, his life is probably ruined, but it's not enough for me.

Hopefully he gets killed in prison, and I know that's sick to say but he deserves it.

I think there is a good chance some very bad stuff will happen in prison and that he might get killed and he will probably want protective custody as much as possible but even 14 years at a bare minimum is a long time to hide in a place like that and cops are not very much liked in prison lol.

I hope the other cops who helped him also do some time and they were saying on the news that they will probably go to court as well.

The state should not have the power to kill people, nor to empower defendants to torture the accused in any means they see fit.

He's a monster and should have gotten a much longer sentence (probably life), yes, but fantasizing about convicted criminals getting raped or murdered in prison is probably not where you want to be. Sadistic vengeance is useless and doesn't actually help anyone.

Hexenmacht46290
Has a GED in Gamercide

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:56 pm 

If you’re a child molester, snitch, or ex-police, of any kind, in American prison or jail, you go in protective custody. Unless you’re suicidal, or stupid(don’t know how it works in other countries, where there are no uniforms, computers in cells, Nintendo, and prison keyboard recording studios). The guards will probably make sure he doesn’t get killed. But even if he did, that’s not going to matter, on the outside. What does matter, is that if more, like him, actually get convicted, and imprisoned, it might stop them from doing it in the first place, which is the point of laws. It would be great if this country stops holding them above the law.
With my weed, I smoke every day
If I'm not high, the hate will escape
I smoke and smoke, stoned as a fuck
Weed is my life, weed is my love…
-John Gallagher

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:58 am 

Inkshooter wrote:
The state should not have the power to kill people, nor to empower defendants to torture the accused in any means they see fit.

He's a monster and should have gotten a much longer sentence (probably life), yes, but fantasizing about convicted criminals getting raped or murdered in prison is probably not where you want to be. Sadistic vengeance is useless and doesn't actually help anyone.

I totally agree, I hate Chauvin but I also hate the fact that so many people on the Web celebrate prison rape and prison violence.

Especially since so many people are in for bullshit reasons, and since the State gets it wrong sometimes - and sentencing isn't fairly distributed.

Ezadara
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:47 am 

Curious_dead wrote:
I totally agree, I hate Chauvin but I also hate the fact that so many people on the Web celebrate prison rape and prison violence.

Especially since so many people are in for bullshit reasons, and since the State gets it wrong sometimes - and sentencing isn't fairly distributed.

And because it creates and reinforces this disgusting notion that rape is okay if the victim 'deserves' it, or if it's being done for the 'right', punitive reason.

Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:25 pm 

Inkshooter wrote:
Ill-Starred Son wrote:

Some of what I was saying was hyperbole (not that I hope he dies in prison, I mean I really don't care if he does), and I don't think that we can probably say we live in a civilized society and literally go back to like burning people at the stake, but if you are saying you disagree with the death penalty in even the absolute worst cases of murder and rape then i will honestly say I'm not sure i agree with you.

I have gone back and forth on the topic, sometimes I think the worst should get it, other times I've thought not, but really, someone who kills like this, or even worse a serial killer who has ruined COUNTLESS lives IMO does not deserve anything, not even the right to live.

You have people like the Original Night Stalker Joseph DeAngelo who was finally arressted and I believe that the guy killed 12 people and raped FIFTY women.

Monsters like that don't deserve anything at all.

Maybe if you want to say you don't agree with the death penalty even for the absolute worst of the worst I could be persuaded to agree (not sure, like I said, I go back and forth on it) but I will tell you what, the conditions IMO are FAR too good for some people in prison.

Some of these guys get TV for christs sakes.

If someone is a really horrible rapist, murderer or pedophile then the absolute best treatment I think they should be given is to be thrown in a very small room with padded walls, a dirt floor, no bed, nothing but a pot to piss and shit in and maybe a pillow with no windows and a little food slid through a slot 3 times a day and some water to drink for the rest of their lives with zero possibility for parole.

With people who are truly horrible I believe true punishment is justified and the reason it's justified is because of how much the families of the victims have to suffer.

But honestly, some of what I'm saying is also cause this just gets me emotional, especially because so much of the time the absolute worst criminals end up getting nothing in comparison to what they did to others.

Last edited by Ill-Starred Son on Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:32 pm 

Curious_dead wrote:
Inkshooter wrote:

I don't believe I "celebrate" that kind of thing at all, but in the case of someone like this, I really don't think even 22.5 years is good enough.

He tortured a man for 9 minutes and knew he was killing him and didn't relent and did it as a police officer sworn to serve and protect.

Why shouldn't he at least have a knee on his neck for a couple minutes and at least have to WONDER whether or not he's going to die even if allowed to live at all?

And obviously I don't believe in any kind of horrible treatment towards people who are in for bullshit reasons and I'm not talking about when the state gets it wrong.

As mentioned, I'm not sure if I'm necessarily for the death penalty mostly because I have heard of innocent people being put to death.

BUT...if we could somehow be 100% sure that someone was a killer or serial rapist, as we pretty much are in this case due to the video evidence? Yeah, I am not sure I believe the guy deserves to live, and if he does he certainly doesn't IMO deserve to ever see the light of day or have any conveniences when in prison.

We can agree to disagree on it.

Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:39 pm 

Ezadara wrote:
Curious_dead wrote:

And because it creates and reinforces this disgusting notion that rape is okay if the victim 'deserves' it, or if it's being done for the 'right', punitive reason.

I didn't say he deserved to be raped and that's sick, but I don't necessarily think he deserves the right to live.

If he does, I don't think he should ever be released from prison or have a single thing in prison, even so much as a book to read.

I've trained in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu on and off for many years of my life so I know what a chokehold can do and if properly applied a person can go to sleep in 8 seconds and die as quickly as 2 minutes and when you have someone in a choke (to some extent even an untrained person probably) you know when you have someone in control and you can usually tell when they are starting to lose consciousness or if they have and you know to release it.

Chauvin had nearly 9 minutes to realize he was killing someone who was completely defenseless, cuffed and also had 2 other guys on top of him. 9 minutes to decide to stop and never once considered it and had his hands in his pockets, and that's why I believe it should have been considered premeditated and 1st degree murder rather than 2nd because I most definitely believe he intended to kill him and had FAR more than enough time to realize what was happening and stop.

To give him a lethal injection and just let him go to sleep forever would be FAR better than what he gave Floyd. But again, the state gets it wrong sometimes, so really I just don't know because i don't even like the though of 1 innocent person being put to death for every 1,000 proper convictions, but life in prison without parole and zero luxuries for sure in cases like this IMO.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:39 am 

Phenomenal video from NYT on the Capitol riot. Not enough superlatives for something of this quality.

Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:40 am 

darkeningday wrote:
Phenomenal video from NYT on the Capitol riot. Not enough superlatives for something of this quality.

And yet, Congress refused to create a committee investigating said incident (thank you Republicans), leading to news outlets like NYT creating their own investigations that are more detailed and informative.

Metal_On_The_Ascendant
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:07 pm 

Had no idea Taylor Swift was a weapon of choice for the coppers these days. Good grief.

"APTP [Anti-Police Terror Project] policy director James Burch was at a hearing for the cop who murdered Steven Taylor, when a sheriff deputy started to hassle him and others about where they placed a banner. In the middle of their conversation, the deputy took out his phone and started playing Taylor Swift music. He openly admitted that he did this because he knows the video recording of the interaction would get taken down from YouTube. We'd heard about this phenomenon but now we have it on video."

~Guest 285196
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:46 pm 

I don't even know what to say to that. It's like a scene from South Park (as someone in the comments pointed out).

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:21 pm 

Metal_On_The_Ascendant wrote:
Had no idea Taylor Swift was a weapon of choice for the coppers these days. Good grief.

"APTP [Anti-Police Terror Project] policy director James Burch was at a hearing for the cop who murdered Steven Taylor, when a sheriff deputy started to hassle him and others about where they placed a banner. In the middle of their conversation, the deputy took out his phone and started playing Taylor Swift music. He openly admitted that he did this because he knows the video recording of the interaction would get taken down from YouTube. We'd heard about this phenomenon but now we have it on video."

Why is it that I keep on finding more reasons to hate Taylor Swift?

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:27 pm 

Hexenmacht46290 wrote:
If you’re a child molester, snitch, or ex-police, of any kind, in American prison or jail, you go in protective custody. Unless you’re suicidal, or stupid(don’t know how it works in other countries, where there are no uniforms, computers in cells, Nintendo, and prison keyboard recording studios). The guards will probably make sure he doesn’t get killed. But even if he did, that’s not going to matter, on the outside. What does matter, is that if more, like him, actually get convicted, and imprisoned, it might stop them from doing it in the first place, which is the point of laws. It would be great if this country stops holding them above the law.

That is correct. He will be in protective custody but I was a CO for 16 years and with rank above sergeant for half of that. He is high profile and he is considered an indiscriminate killer of African Americans. He is a massive target and that means that someone could "check themselves in" on PC to make some BIG money. A contract from the streets was placed on him the day he was found guilty...that you can count on.

The right always screams about the "Rule of Law" but what they do not understand is that pertains to the state having to govern at the consent of the governed. It's actually designed to PREVENT law enforcement from becoming above the law. However, when the morons with Back The Blue signs are attacking the Capitol you realize you are in Idiocracy because they believe rhetoric over facts. It's rather quite fascinating as well as it is scary.

Like your reviews?

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:29 pm 

Slater922 wrote:
Why is it that I keep on finding more reasons to hate Taylor Swift?

I'm assuming you are facetious, but she has nothing to do with Youtube's insane copyright/takedown practices...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:58 pm 

It is amusing in that his attempt to not go viral he did something so bizarre to avoid going viral and winds up going viral because of his attempt at not going viral

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:58 am 

Quote:
https://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/columnists/space-race-between-billionaires-like-jeff-bezos-elon-musk-and-richard-branson-is-a-grotesque-display-of-wealth-laura-waddell-3316964

Rich people flying to space while people are dying and being evicted from their homes sums up what is wrong with this world :nono:

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:18 am 

MeavyHetal wrote:
Quote:
https://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/columnists/space-race-between-billionaires-like-jeff-bezos-elon-musk-and-richard-branson-is-a-grotesque-display-of-wealth-laura-waddell-3316964

Rich people flying to space while people are dying and being evicted from their homes sums up what is wrong with this world :nono:

For real. You'd think Jeff would use some of his wealth to help out his struggling employees, but he's more concerned on spending the least amount of taxes like every other greedy billionaire!

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:23 am 

Slater922 wrote:
MeavyHetal wrote:
Quote:

For real. You'd think Jeff would use some of his wealth to help out his struggling employees, but he's more concerned on spending the least amount of taxes like every other greedy billionaire!

The billionaire mind is alien to me. They have wealth beyond compare, and they use it... to inflate their wealth. That they don't spontaneously use it to better other people's lives is one thing, but they also spend a lot of time and energy (and money) to make sure the government doesn't tax them or to prevent unionization which (maybe) would reduce their wealth by a minuscule amount...

The Amazon is burning? Meh. Ooooh, an old cathedral is on fire? Let's spend millions to restore it! (Note: I have no problem, per se, with rich dudes and dudettes spending lots of money to restore the cathedral, but when they ignore other things, it shows their lack of priorities) People are struggling in a massive pandemic? Let's go to SPACE!!!

black_metal_mountaineering
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:18 pm 

Metal_On_The_Ascendant wrote:

Just watched the Youtube clip of the cop saying he was making their video unplayable on Youtube.... so the cops strategy seems to have some flaws in it

alexo666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:00 am 

Anyone watching the testimonial hearings?

Last FM

oldmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:11 pm 

alexo666 wrote:

I am and it's gut wrenching. How the politicians that have been denying the insurrection walk back this will be interesting and deplorable. I guess this is why they didn't want this hearing.

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:42 pm 

I wonder if Trump’s supporters are gonna “Back the Blue” or “Stop the Steal” with this one...

oldmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:54 pm 

They are already calling officer Fanone, who was nearly murdered during the riot, a "crisis actor." And talking about his tattoos, lol.

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:11 pm 

oldmetalhead wrote:
They are already calling officer Fanone, who was nearly murdered during the riot, a "crisis actor." And talking about his tattoos, lol.

I guess “Back the Blue” only counts when they benefit from it, business as usual for these clowns

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:32 pm 

MeavyHetal wrote:
oldmetalhead wrote:

I guess “Back the Blue” only counts when they benefit from it, business as usual for these clowns

Like how they love to masturbate about patriotism and how they love America and how people who dare criticize her should leave, but then turn around and laugh at their own olympic teams when they lose, because they were woke*. They have no values, just sheer, unadulterated spite for anyone who thinks differently, and they sure do love to PRETEND they have values. THey shed those values as soon as it suits them...

*Meaning the conservative goons who were happy the female soccer team lost, because the team kneeled. Hell, they even attacked some athletes for "not being patriotic" when in reality everyone on the team was actually acting "appropriately". Adding to the sheer stupidity, the one picture making the rounds was showing both teams kneeling, but somehow, "being woke" was a factor only for Americans.

Trump may have left, but 80 millions morons are still imitating his very special brand of imbecility and selfishness.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:34 pm 

oldmetalhead wrote:
alexo666 wrote:

I am and it's gut wrenching. How the politicians that have been denying the insurrection walk back this will be interesting and deplorable. I guess this is why they didn't want this hearing.

The amount of politicians denying the insurrections and even defending it is just sickening. And these are the people we trust to run our country?

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:52 pm 

Curious_dead wrote:
MeavyHetal wrote:
oldmetalhead wrote:

Like how they love to masturbate about patriotism and how they love America and how people who dare criticize her should leave, but then turn around and laugh at their own olympic teams when they lose, because they were woke*. They have no values, just sheer, unadulterated spite for anyone who thinks differently, and they sure do love to PRETEND they have values. THey shed those values as soon as it suits them...

*Meaning the conservative goons who were happy the female soccer team lost, because the team kneeled. Hell, they even attacked some athletes for "not being patriotic" when in reality everyone on the team was actually acting "appropriately". Adding to the sheer stupidity, the one picture making the rounds was showing both teams kneeling, but somehow, "being woke" was a factor only for Americans.

Trump may have left, but 80 millions morons are still imitating his very special brand of imbecility and selfishness.

"Rules for thee, not for me" is the motto these cretins live by. It's the lifeblood that flows through any and all fascists, for the only thing that matters in a fascistic worldview is the attainment and demonstration of absolute, unchecked power. They don't truly "Back the Blue"; Rather, the police exist only as a means to an end for them, which would be crushing any and all resistance efforts and subjugating those that they deem to be the enemy. The moment the police encroach on their own territory by trying to police THEM, all that bullshit rhetoric goes out the window and the police too become an "enemy".

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Ezadara
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:49 pm 

oldmetalhead wrote:
I guess this is why they didn't want this hearing.

Most GOP leadership has gone the 'I was too busy, I didn't watch the hearing, so don't ask me about it' route. On the broader issue of Jan 6, though, their tactic lately seems to be... blame Pelosi. Somehow, it was Pelosi's fault as leader of the House (but conveniently not McConnell, as leader of the Senate). So, you know, not exactly reinventing the GOP playbook, although reading statements from McCarthy sobbing crocodile tears about how the officers were failed by Pelosi is a whole new kind of infuriating. The only upside is I can't see that argument gaining traction with anyone outside the hardcore base that already either didn't think Trump was responsible or thought the events of that day were a good thing.

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:04 pm 

Yeah, that line of attack is damage control - in case the testimonies or videos of the attack were about to get one out of the bubble, now he provided a convenient scapegoat, and the GOPers' hate for Pelosi will do the rest. Few women gather the ire of Republicans like Pelosi, so if McCarthy had said she murdered kittens for pleasure, they'd have believed her.

On another note, the new target of the GOP culture war is somehow Simone Biles? Seriously, some right-wing talking asses are really enjoying themselves, mixing fake patriotism, disregard for mental and physical health, with a healthy dose of sexism and racism.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 69  Next