Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:09 pm 

jimbies wrote:
The only weak song on Back In Black, to me, is Have A Drink on me. I find it plods along even though it's only four minutes. Could be because it follows those two massive bangers.

AC/DC is another band I never listen to full albums from, but like a song here and there, and that's one of them, with a really cool main guitar riff.

BastardHead wrote:
My dad is a big AC/DC fan (as all dads are required to be by law)

Maybe that's for ones under 70. I know mine isn't into them, albeit it's just one data point.

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:58 pm 

Greet Death - New Hell
A really really well done of super catchy, memorable and emotional sad boy alt-rock with bits of shoegaze atmospherics. The song "Circles of Hell" came up on my discover weekly playlist on spotify and I was entranced. Went on to listen to the whole album and thier previous, Dixieland. I probably listened to the album 50 times this summer, all my most listened to songs on Spotify this year were from this album. It's really quite good, and affecting if you are in the right state of mind. I don't know the true meaning of the lyrics, but I connect with them based on a lot of my experiences as a listless modern addict.

DeadKid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:08 am 

LithoJazzoSphere wrote:
BastardHead wrote:
My dad is a big AC/DC fan (as all dads are required to be by law)

Maybe that's for ones under 70. I know mine isn't into them, albeit it's just one data point.

Hard rock/metal dads in their 60s are rare too, at least among the people of my age that I know. My dad certainly didn't get the memo (listens to poppier stuff like The Beach Boys, The Monkees, Neil Diamond, Blondie etc.).

Unorthodox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:55 am 

My dad is 63, born in late 1957 (december). Had a lot of friends back in the day that listened to black sabbath and classic rock of the 70's. He likes soul music and mainstream pop, hates anything with an electric guitar besides stuff like Bruce Springsteen (and a few Led Zeppelin songs here and there). Feel like that's an outlier situation though, especially for a white man from Chicago.

Zephirus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:45 am 

last_eulogy wrote:
Alice Cooper - From the Inside

My favorite Cooper album of his entire discography. I believe it was an attempt at getting big hits, which is why members of Elton John's band were hired to play on the album. I like the poppy sound he is going for and like the concept of the album. It's all based off of his true experiences when he was locked up in a mental institution. Makes it that much more interesting. Love every song from start to finish.

yes very good album. i loved looking at my brothers vinyl as a kid, all the little windows and stuff.
pretty much not a bad track, serious is a particular fave

__MULLIGANACEOUS__
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:24 pm 

I would suggest the rap albums "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" and Eminem's album trio "Slim Shady LP", "Marshal Mathers LP 1", and "Eminem Show"

Lane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:50 am 

fetalfeast wrote:
I could think of a bunch, but the only one I can recall off the top of my head is Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygene.

That's one for me too! 'Equinox' and 'Magnetic Fields' are other ones. 3 in a row!

soul_schizm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:25 pm 

Fleetwood Mac "Rumours." There isn't a single dip in quality on that album, start to finish. It's pretty much the perfect rock LP, fit into the perfect time when it was released.

The other one I can think of is Rush "Moving Pictures." Yeah, it was a more commercial effort and therefore a departure from their progressive roots, and some of the die-hards pan it for that reason. But those songs are just so good. Even the lesser known ones. Witch Hunt is one of my favorite Rush songs ever.

Both of these LPs. Just put them on loop, I don't even consider skipping a track.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:13 pm 

Yeah, sometimes when I'm losing faith in humanity, I remember that a batch of human beings made Rumours.

LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:56 am 

soul_schizm wrote:
Witch Hunt is one of my favorite Rush songs ever.

Yeah, mine as well. Even the intro has an unusually creepy vibe for Rush. I love the huge synth pads, and Neil's tom fills in the song blew 14-year-old me away. But for some reason it's a a bit polarizing, someone in the thread in music discussion listed it as the only mediocre song on the album.

Yak_Forger
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:30 pm 

I'd highly rate several albums of Yuuhei Satellite, although I discovered all of their songs one by one and don't really remember which ones make up each album...
I mean, it's the thing I need to finish a late night project, nothing powers you through the last hours a day of research about the Spain golden visa https://tranio.com/articles/golden-visa-in-spain/ , when metal is too much for your slowed down brain, like Tsuki ni Murakumo, Hana ni Kaze.

Osmiumthemetal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:01 pm 

There are many I could say, but I'll just give one at the moment:

Heldon - Stand By (1979) - Absolutely brilliant fusion of progressive electronic and prog rock, where the whole thing seamlessly snakes through completely different segments, some hypnotic and repetitious and others catchy, but they all feel like they're meant to be together. The album builds up for nearly 40 minutes until the last 3 or so minutes of the title track, where a distorted guitar that could have given contemporary NWOBHM a run for its money leads into one of the most epic and wondersome endings to any musical piece in history.

It's sad how much absolutely insane progressive rock is floating around there in the underground that will never be reached by most who think Yes and ELP is the most the old-school prog sphere has to offer.

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:15 am 

jimbies wrote:
PETERG wrote:
- Nick Cave : Let Love In

Couldn't agree more here. I love Cave's entire discography (one of my favourite artists of all time) but Let Love In and Henry's Dream are my top 2.

I would list my other two favorites to be Nocturama and Abattoir Blues/ The Lyre of Orpheus. I used to listen to Cave with my dad and during my final exams for university. Cave got me to engineering school man!

I saw him live in Athens in 2017 for his "Skeleton Tree" tour. He was extatic!

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:13 am 

Also saw him on the Skeleton Tree tour, and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Speaking of Abattoir Blues, one of my favourite songs in his entire catalog is "There She Goes, My Beautiful World". I wish he'd play that one live more.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:53 pm 

Thought I would bump this, as it's a great thread with a lot of great ideas.

I've been listening to quite a bit of Genesis recently, and the stuff they did with Peter Gabrielle was absolutely incredible. Foxtrot and Selling England by the Pound are 100% releases. The stuff with Phil Collins fronting the band.... not so much.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:05 am 

Terri23 wrote:
I've been listening to quite a bit of Genesis recently, and the stuff they did with Peter Gabrielle was absolutely incredible. Foxtrot and Selling England by the Pound are 100% releases. The stuff with Phil Collins fronting the band.... not so much.

I like almost all of it for different reasons, but there is definitely a stylistic shift that occurs over time that I can see some people not being onboard with. Even if you're not into their pop era the first few Collins albums are still great though, like A Trick of the Tail.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:05 pm 

LithoJazzoSphere wrote:
Terri23 wrote:

I like almost all of it for different reasons, but there is definitely a stylistic shift that occurs over time that I can see some people not being onboard with. Even if you're not into their pop era the first few Collins albums are still great though, like A Trick of the Tail.

I think for me it's just the fact it's Phil fronting the band. He's such a reprehensible human being that it kills anything with his voice on it for me. I just can't separate the man from the music.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:25 pm 

I've heard he's pretty arrogant, but I'm afraid to research more. Knowing too much ruins too much music these days.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:55 pm 

LithoJazzoSphere wrote:
I've heard he's pretty arrogant, but I'm afraid to research more. Knowing too much ruins too much music these days.

That's part of it, and the fact that his 80's solo stuff is absolutely dreadful soulless sterile piss.

He was a great drummer at one point though.

Riffs wrote:

GratefulDeadInside
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:31 pm 

AC/DCs "Power Up"

God damn, after the shitshow that was the Rock or Bust tour, I have no idea how they made something as good as this album.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:48 pm 

St. Vincent "Masseduction" pretty much has nothing wrong with it... a really pristine, well-executed piece of music, polished but complex. Literary, evocative lyricism.

Coastliner
Metalhead

Location: beyond the blue on some ancient, tattered Fates Warning cover
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:18 am 

LithoJazzoSphere wrote:
Terri23 wrote:

The first few Collins albums are even my favourite Genesis era because I prefer the romantic to the bizarre (bizarre is great but if you had to choose between a place by the fireside and a pool full of vampires...?). I think people who reject the later pop era are missing out on a great musical evolution. Genesis never recorded the same album twice, there never was "more of the same", there never was stagnation (no pun intended). The fact that they play(ed) great pop rock tracks like "Abacab", "Land of Confusion" and "No Son of Mine" alongside old stuff like "In the Cage", "Firth of Fifth" and "Los Endos" is what makes / made their sets exciting.

Terri23 wrote:
I think for me it's just the fact it's Phil fronting the band. He's such a reprehensible human being that it kills anything with his voice on it for me. I just can't separate the man from the music.

Why is he "reprehensible"?

Terri23 wrote:
LithoJazzoSphere wrote:

That's part of it, and the fact that his 80's solo stuff is absolutely dreadful soulless sterile piss.

He was a great drummer at one point though.

"Dreadful": ok, that's a matter of taste - but "soulless" and "sterile"? I think that's an overstatement. Even as a solo artist he recorded lots of thrilling and suspenseful songs which stood out against the usual pop radio programme.

Spoiler: show

Additionally, many of his middle-of-the-road pop songs were based on his love of Motown and were, thus, out of touch with the typical 80s pop dominated by post punk characteristics. How can anything that doesn't follow the latest trends be "soulless"?

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:49 am 

Empyreal wrote:
St. Vincent "Masseduction" pretty much has nothing wrong with it... a really pristine, well-executed piece of music, polished but complex. Literary, evocative lyricism.

Huge St. Vincent fan checking in. New York and Happy Birthday, Johnny are 2 all-time favourite songs.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:11 am 

Sometimes I'm not in the mood for two slow songs in a row at the end, but even those are just so exquisite. I can never get enough of the three-song run from "Pills" to "Sugarboy" either. She does the big pop choruses on "Los Ageless" and "New York" really well too.

anamelessghoul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:24 pm 

Brand New - The Devil and God are raging inside me
Tom Waits, Nick Cave practically everything.
Pink Floyd- Live at Pompeii
Manic Street Preachers- The holy Bible
Stone Roses-s/t
And so many more...

Lane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:16 am 

Therapy? - Troublegum

What an album showing many sides of the band. Raw 'n' ugly, poppy 'n' beautiful, totally catchy. Lately, I've been enjoying the follow-up, 'Infernal Love', but it has a few lower moments in it.

Judas Maiden
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:54 pm 

the Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream

I can never get tired listening to this album. This album is just perfect. The only track I don't listen to repeatedly is Luna. All the rest I can keep listening to all day.

the Lemonheads - It's A Shame About Ray

Another great album from the '90s. There's not one bad track on it.

Guns 'N Roses - Appetite for Destruction

This album was still considered metal back in the day but now it's just hard rock. It's a solid debut full of gritty rockers and no power ballads!

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:57 pm 

Judas Maiden wrote:

This album was still considered metal back in the day but now it's just hard rock. It's a solid debut full of gritty rockers and no power ballads!

I'm sure I've mentioned in this thread before that Appetite is one of my favorite albums ever, one of the vanishingly few I would give a 100% score to, and I personally consider it to be one of the greatest rock albums in human history, so I definitely agree with you here but... dude what the hell do you think Sweet Child O Mine is?
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Judas Maiden
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:50 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Judas Maiden wrote:

I'm sure I've mentioned in this thread before that Appetite is one of my favorite albums ever, one of the vanishingly few I would give a 100% score to, and I personally consider it to be one of the greatest rock albums in human history, so I definitely agree with you here but... dude what the hell do you think Sweet Child O Mine is?

High five for Appetite for Destruction!

Sweet Child 'O Mine is the obvious hit song from this album. It was a great song the first time I heard it back in '88. But over time and as the band became more popular and had their songs played and overplayed on the radio and MTV (remember what this is?), especially Sweet Child, I grew tired of it. It's way too overplayed. I was surprised during the one and only time I saw GNR perform live that they played this in the middle of their setlist and not milk it and play it towards the end. I guess, they have bigger hits to play at the end. So when I listen to Appetite, I usually listen to selected tracks like Mr. Brownstone, Night Rain, My Michelle, and Rocket Queen. As for what I think it is, it's not a power ballad. If you were around during that era, the hair metal years, you'd know what a power ballad is. The stuff that Bon Jovi, Poison, and Winger would make hits out of. Sweet Child may not be a fast rocker but it sure rocks harder than any power ballad.

LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:52 pm 

"Sweet Child of Mine" isn't slow enough to be a power ballad, unlike say, "November Rain".

Dungeon_Vic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:53 am 

I hope this has already been mentioned before:

Mr. Bungle - California

One of my favorite albums ever and one that was instrumental to me growing as a listener. Perfect, just absolutely perfect.

Vic's Dungeon - Remember the Fallen:
Jeff Hanneman: Evil Notes and Sad Riffs
Chuck Schuldiner (Death)
Paul Baloff (Exodus)
Holy Terror and Keith Deen
Roger Patterson (Atheist)

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:15 pm 

I dunno man, I can definitely agree that there's an obvious difference between Sweet Child O Mine and the other power ballads of the day like Home Sweet Home or Heaven or whatever, but it's still a sappy love song with a heavy acoustic focus. The fact that it uses more distortion and has an absolutely bitchin' climactic guitar solo simply makes it one of the best power ballads to me, not necessarily not one.

I will concede that maybe it's different if you were there. I was born at the tail end of the hair band era but I still grew up surrounded by it and all the corny VH1 Classic mainstays have been part of my life since the very beginning, but I wasn't there making my own decisions at the time. So maybe my perspective changes my interpretation, but that's how I see it.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I texted my mom about this after I posted (she's the reason I'm into metal at all) and she agreed with you guys, lol. "A power ballad is something like Winds of Change, not Sweet Child O Mine, but November Rain counts"
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Judas Maiden
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:38 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
I dunno man, I can definitely agree that there's an obvious difference between Sweet Child O Mine and the other power ballads of the day like Home Sweet Home or Heaven or whatever, but it's still a sappy love song with a heavy acoustic focus. The fact that it uses more distortion and has an absolutely bitchin' climactic guitar solo simply makes it one of the best power ballads to me, not necessarily not one.

I will concede that maybe it's different if you were there. I was born at the tail end of the hair band era but I still grew up surrounded by it and all the corny VH1 Classic mainstays have been part of my life since the very beginning, but I wasn't there making my own decisions at the time. So maybe my perspective changes my interpretation, but that's how I see it.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I texted my mom about this after I posted (she's the reason I'm into metal at all) and she agreed with you guys, lol. "A power ballad is something like Winds of Change, not Sweet Child O Mine, but November Rain counts"

See? Mother knows best! :D

And please listen to the original version of Sweet Child 'O Mine again, the one on Appetite for Destruction. There's not a chord of acoustic guitar on that song! Maybe you heard another version? A mashed up version?

I don't think you've heard of enough power ballads to know one. Let me give you a list of power ballads and compare it to Sweet Child 'O Mine:

Bon Jovi - I'll Be There for You
Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
Europe - Carrie
Warrant - Heaven
Steelheart - I'll Never Let You Go
White Lion - When the Children Cry
Mr. Big - To Be With You
Guns 'N Roses - Patience
Skid Row - I Remember You
Winger - Miles Away
Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love
LA Guns - Ballad of Jayne
Ratt - Givin' Yourself Away
Motley Crue - Home Sweet Home
Aerosmith - Angel

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:43 pm 

Believe me I'm intimately familiar with all of those songs, lol. I just always saw it as different enough to be Obviously Better but not different enough to totally avoid the trope.

My brain is telling me that the verses use clean guitar along with the bass and drums, so either I'm totally misremembering or you're drawing a distinction between "clean" and "acoustic" that I wasn't. Either way the good news is that we agree in the broad strokes here, lol.

Judas Maiden
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:53 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Believe me I'm intimately familiar with all of those songs, lol. I just always saw it as different enough to be Obviously Better but not different enough to totally avoid the trope.

My brain is telling me that the verses use clean guitar along with the bass and drums, so either I'm totally misremembering or you're drawing a distinction between "clean" and "acoustic" that I wasn't. Either way the good news is that we agree in the broad strokes here, lol.

I believe you, man.

Yeah there might be 'clean' guitar parts in the verses somewhere but I doubt it would be acoustic. It's no indication but the music video doesn't show Izzy playing acoustic guitar alongside Slash. Check out GNR's live performances of the Sweet Child for reference.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:57 pm 

I will contribute to this ancient thread with a non-metal album I discovered this year that I would give a 100%, and is the first album I'd give a 100% in about four years: the 2013 album Ceres & Calypso in the Deep Time by Candy Claws. It's dream pop/shoegaze with an insanely warm, lush atmosphere. Tons of catchy vocal lines, some of the most complex key changes I've ever heard in pop music, awesome tropical island beachy vibes, unconventional song structures... it's just got it all. This is a super metalloid thing to say, but it kind of reminds me of Nadja but sped up and un-metallized. I've been obsessed with this album for months now and would highly recommend it to everyone.

Judas Maiden
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:11 pm 

Another album that I would give a 100% is Sugar's Copper Blue. It's another band from the '90s and if you didn't know it's fronted by Bob Mould who was the frontman of influential indie rock band Husker Du from the '80s.

LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:46 pm 

Judas Maiden wrote:
And please listen to the original version of Sweet Child 'O Mine again, the one on Appetite for Destruction. There's not a chord of acoustic guitar on that song!

Nah, there's definitely acoustic in the song. It's not usually very prominent, but it's definitely there in the center of the mix at lower volume. Listen starting around 0:30 for it strumming along with the lead riff. The ride cymbal kind of buries it because they're both at similar higher frequencies, but it's unmistakable. It and the lead are center-panned, the left channel is a crunch electric rhythm, and the right is clean, with a chorus effect in the second half of the verse before turning into a different overdriven rhythm part in the choruses.

BastardHead wrote:
The fact that it uses more distortion and has an absolutely bitchin' climactic guitar solo simply makes it one of the best power ballads to me, not necessarily not one.

It's not really about the distortion and solos, both are defining traits of power ballads, it's more about the slow speed of the song and the structure, which is often a slow build to an intense climax near the ending. "Sweet Child" is a midtempo 125 BPM and gets going too fast. The ending does increase in intensity, but it's not nearly as much of a dynamic differentiation as the average power ballad. And the song is actually pretty comparatively light on distortion, even the ending rhythm tracks and solos aren't all that saturated.

MutantClannfear wrote:
I will contribute to this ancient thread with a non-metal album I discovered this year that I would give a 100%, and is the first album I'd give a 100% in about four years: the 2013 album Ceres & Calypso in the Deep Time by Candy Claws. It's dream pop/shoegaze with an insanely warm, lush atmosphere. Tons of catchy vocal lines, some of the most complex key changes I've ever heard in pop music, awesome tropical island beachy vibes, unconventional song structures... it's just got it all. This is a super metalloid thing to say, but it kind of reminds me of Nadja but sped up and un-metallized. I've been obsessed with this album for months now and would highly recommend it to everyone.

These sorts of artists are very hit or miss for me, but when they hit, there's nothing else like them. A lot of my favorite music in the last few years has connections to this sort of sound. I love the otherworldy vibes from this track from that album.

anamelessghoul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:02 pm 

Refused - The Shape Of Punk to Come
Botch - We Are The Romans

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:02 am 

MutantClannfear wrote:

Huh, this sounds really interesting. I keep looking for ways to expand my musical palette, I think this might be the next one.

Anyway, here's my list. I'll put it under a spoiler so my post isn't too long. May or may not outline my entire journey into music, we'll see.

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool. Most Radiohead fans would say OK Computer, or Kid A. And yeah, those are great I guess. But A Moon Shaped Pool always resonated with me the most. I like the overall sincere and stripped-down vibe. Plenty of tear jerkers on this album too, including the long-awaited studio version of "True Love Waits". There aren't a lot of songs that just too much for my heart to take, but that's one of them for sure.

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream. Enough said, Siamese Dream is a musical masterpiece.

Muse - Absolution. This band, and this album in particular, are what got me into music in the first place. As a kid, I liked music, but I wasn't super passionate about it. Then I started listening to more Muse songs. Then albums. Then their entire discography, b-sides and rare tracks included. Eventually I tried new bands, and stuck with those for a while. I only went full musical-megalomaniac YEARS later, when I started trying new genres and finally got into metal. Today there are more bands in my Spotify library than I've even listened to. But it all started with Muse.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F# A# Infinity. If any of you are unfortunate enough to have never listened to this album, put it at the top of your list. When GY!BE clicked for me, it was one of the biggest turning points for my music taste. This is when I learned to listen for atmosphere and mood, instead of melodies and grooves. Without taking that step, I wouldn't be able to listen to beautiful genres like atmospheric black metal, or dark ambient. I was also in a deep depressive hole when I found this album, so finding a dark and minimal album to match my mental state might have contributed to improving it. Anyway, F# A# Infinity is arguably the best post-rock album of all time. Besides Spiderland. But I'm getting to that.

Slint - Spiderland. The OTHER best post-rock album of all time. You've all probably heard of it, so I won't go into detail. If not... you have now. Listen to it.

Mogwai - Come On, Die Young. A post-rock album for a worn out and depressed mood. There's definitely some Slint worship here, but the vibe makes up for it.

Opeth - Damnation. Another album for a depressed mood. I always love it when a band abandons their usual style for a more bare-bones and acoustic sound.

How To Disappear Completely - Seraphim. This is the best ambient music even conceived.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next