Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
The Bard with Bright Eyes
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:48 am
Posts: 94
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:18 am 
 

I'm sure many of us were told at least once to "broaden our horizons" and "expand our tastes" or whatnot. I'm also sure many of these experiences were somewhat unpleasant. So, I'm wondering what is it that you had gone through. Here's my story:

About a week or two ago, I got in an argument in YouTube comments with a guy who said that, despite being a metalhead, there is more good hip hop than metal. I asked him to name me a single hip hop album that is as profound as Unquestionable Presence, Awaken the Guardian or anything Blind Guardian had done in the 90's. He told me that Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Butterfly is better than any of those albums, despite him loving BG.

So, okay, I look for the album on YT, play the damn thing and so it goes. Within the first minute, I'm bombarded with N-words (something which I have a huge distaste for, irrelevant of the rapper's race or if ends with -a or -er), but even that is bearable compared to what happens next. The chorus had killed something in my brain, no doubt about it. Shitty "soul" choirs that aren't a pimple on Hansi Kürsch's and David DeFeis' asses with horrible lyrics (also with bass farts in the background). When the dude starts rapping, it's hideous. He has a very annoying, slightly nasal voice that becomes insufferable in a matter of minutes.

So, that was the opener. I thought to myself "I can do this. If I endured St. Anger and Slipknot's debut, I can sit through anything". But no. But the time I got to the "This dick ain't free" part of the second track, I had to turn the thing off. I can't sit through that shit, lest I become a lobotomite or something.

Even today, I'm not sure if the dude was a troll or not. :|
_________________
Lee Harrison wrote:
Now I understand that we aren’t more capable of read a book or listen a cd more than 30 min but came on really we deserve that,are we reduced to amoebas?

I hope not

Top
 Profile  
Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:21 am
Posts: 5722
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:42 am 
 

He should've just said Wu-Tang Clan. I'd choose them over Blind Guardian any day of the week.
_________________
RYM
Stygian Narcosis - My concert photography Facebook page - Instagram too

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 32377
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:13 pm 
 

To Pimp a Butterfly is a fucking masterwork. Very absurd to compare anything like that with Blind Guardian too...
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Black Roses
Fictional Works - if you hated my reviews over the years then pay me back by reviewing my own stuff
Official Website

Top
 Profile  
~Guest 1452000
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:28 am
Posts: 260
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:48 pm 
 

The Bard with Bright Eyes wrote:
About a week or two ago, I got in an argument in YouTube comments with a guy who said that, despite being a metalhead, there is more good hip hop than metal.

Why would you do this to yourself? You engaged with a youtube normie, nothing good can come of that.

Top
 Profile  
Metal_On_The_Ascendant
Metalhead

Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 6:38 am
Posts: 2311
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:58 pm 
 

Good grief how old are you and your friend(s)???

To Pimp A Butterfly is a great album that really does not need to be stacked up against Blind Guardian and Virgin Steele to qualify it. The posts on these boards have just been getting stupider and stupider ugh.

What is the point of this exercise of comparing apples to oranges? If you can't grasp hip hop and its stylistic choices, it simply is not for you. That song you're referring to is called Wesley's Theory and features the legendary George Clinton of Parliament-Funkadelic (who, if you knew anything about music, has more soul and groove in his pinky than most) and this incredible bassist is responsible for those runs you called bass farts cause again this isn't music you understand and you're out of your depth.

The song's lyrics are about, to quote, Genius.com;

Quote:
“Wesley’s Theory” establishes the album’s theme by describing how racist American institutions upheld by white supremacy exploit Black creators for profit.
The first verse pictures a young Kendrick deluded by money, whilst the second is the perspective of “Uncle Sam” – a personification of the U.S Government and White America – trying to charm him.

The song’s title may be a nod to Wesley Snipes. The actor was embroiled in a tax fraud case throughout the 2000s and served a three-year jail sentence from 2010 to 2013. The U.S. Government stated Snipes was using “tax protester theory” in an attempt to get out of his charges.


The lyrics are allegorical, richly formulated, dripping with irony and evocative. Kinda hard to understand if you only consume straightforward lyrics about hobbits and shit like that, I guess.

The whole point of us who are actually black using the N-word is because you can't. We took it back. And that's the most basic explanation because you really don't deserve any explanations.
_________________
Benedict Donald wrote:
It is interesting to consider that old school death metal is effectively granddad music now.

Bonziepsycho wrote:
Gravetemplar wrote:
I stopped reading at "Ultra Metal", sorry.

What is wrong with ultra metal?

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 32377
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:10 pm 
 

Metal_On_The_Ascendant wrote:
To Pimp A Butterfly is a great album that really does not need to be stacked up against Blind Guardian and Virgin Steele to qualify it. The posts on these boards have just been getting stupider and stupider ugh.


Quote:
The lyrics are allegorical, richly formulated, dripping with irony and evocative. Kinda hard to understand if you only consume straightforward lyrics about hobbits and shit like that, I guess.


No kidding. I mean this whole thread is actually pretty insane to me. I love some power metal too obviously but these kinds of sentiments make it embarrassing as fuck. There's so much other art out there that's so profound in its own ways.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Black Roses
Fictional Works - if you hated my reviews over the years then pay me back by reviewing my own stuff
Official Website

Top
 Profile  
The Bard with Bright Eyes
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:48 am
Posts: 94
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:44 pm 
 

Empyreal wrote:
To Pimp a Butterfly is a fucking masterwork.


I've heard others say the same, but even if I put aside my vehement loathing towards ghetto/hood/gangsta "culture", I still don't get it. Seriously, how many times do I have to hear "yo, bitch, nigga, ass, muthafucka" and other shit over computerized drums (and admittedly solid funk)? I can't fathom why anyone outside of the ghetto or who didn't fry all their brain cells with drug abuse would want to come even close to this shit.

Spiral Architect wrote:
The Bard with Bright Eyes wrote:
About a week or two ago, I got in an argument in YouTube comments with a guy who said that, despite being a metalhead, there is more good hip hop than metal.

Why would you do this to yourself? You engaged with a youtube normie, nothing good can come of that.


I like arguing with people online, I guess. Been doing it since my early teens, and there's no sign of me stopping.

Metal_On_The_Ascendant wrote:
The whole point of us who are actually black using the N-word is because you can't. We took it back. And that's the most basic explanation because you really don't deserve any explanations.


It's just a word, I don't care for it. I think it's juvenile, immature, and quite frankly idiotic to make a fuss out of who can use an anglicized version of Latin 'niger' and who can't, and people who take pride in that are just pitiful. Someone using it in a regular conversation/song doesn't bother me, so long as it isn't used every 10 seconds in the most irritating way possible, like so many rappers do.

Empyreal wrote:
There's so much other art out there that's so profound in its own ways.


I very much agree. And that is also not the point. I just wanted to make a fun thread with people sharing their experiences and having a good laugh, but since I apparently committed a fucking heresy by laying a finger on a holy grail of sorts, I digress.
_________________
Lee Harrison wrote:
Now I understand that we aren’t more capable of read a book or listen a cd more than 30 min but came on really we deserve that,are we reduced to amoebas?

I hope not

Top
 Profile  
Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Posts: 1317
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:43 pm 
 

I'm generally not fond of hip hop either and when I have heard hip hop songs that I really like, they were flukes. But come on, man. You LIKE to argue with people? I can tell. Like others said already, you can't expect to agree with people who like music that's so far removed from what you enjoy. So you don't enjoy hip hop? Fine. It's probably just not your music and not everyone has to appreciate it.

About the use of the N word: I don't like it either, regardless of who says it. It's a truly vile word that has a well-documented history of putting people down, and because of that I'll never not feel uncomfortable when I hear it anywhere. But you have to take context into account. In the mouths of black people, it's a sign of solidarity and reclamation. In the mouths of white people, barring fluke cases, it's a sign of racism or apathy towards racism. That's not racist; it's just reality.
_________________
VaderCrush wrote:
jerking it rules

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 32377
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:19 pm 
 

The Bard with Bright Eyes wrote:
Empyreal wrote:
To Pimp a Butterfly is a fucking masterwork.


I've heard others say the same, but even if I put aside my vehement loathing towards ghetto/hood/gangsta "culture", I still don't get it. Seriously, how many times do I have to hear "yo, bitch, nigga, ass, muthafucka" and other shit over computerized drums (and admittedly solid funk)? I can't fathom why anyone outside of the ghetto or who didn't fry all their brain cells with drug abuse would want to come even close to this shit.


Because there's a lot more to it besides the word use. It seems like you're approaching this from a prudish "don't use bad words" thing and not even trying to look any deeper. I don't get the complaints about the music; I guess you just don't like hip hop at all but you can't expect everything to be like a Blind Guardian or Virgin Steele song in every way. And putting "culture" in quote marks is pretty shitty and makes you look like a racist.

Caring about profane words in art is just about the nerdiest, silliest shit ever to me. It's language and it can be used in infinite ways. Great art isn't bound by taboo words.

On topic though, any time I ever heard a Disturbed or Avenged Sevenfold song has made me second guess my notions about art being a great thing and encouraging everyone to try it if they want. Slipknot sucks pretty bad too but I could sort of see why some like their early shit last time I tried it.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Black Roses
Fictional Works - if you hated my reviews over the years then pay me back by reviewing my own stuff
Official Website

Top
 Profile  
The Bard with Bright Eyes
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:48 am
Posts: 94
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:12 pm 
 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
You LIKE to argue with people?


Not in the "I like to make quarrels wherever I go" sense, but I rarely refuse a battle of wits. It's a good way to train my brain and see how well do my stances, beliefs and rhetoric stand against other peoples', increase my vocabulary, ability to analyze and find flaws in flawed arguments etc. That said, I don't like to argue about inherently subjective and personal matter such as music, but the claim that there's more hip hop than metal is highly disagreeable to me, regardless of how I look at it.

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
Like others said already, you can't expect to agree with people who like music that's so far removed from what you enjoy.


I do enjoy (or at least respect) some hip hop. It's just this "drugs, money, hookers, bitches, drive-bys, clubs" type of hip hop that I find irredeemably repulsive (and seriously, there's no excuse for that "this dick ain't free" shit). Here's an example of something I like, both musically and lyrically:


And the N-word matter is something that does not in the least concern me. I find it utterly insane that a single word can cause so much controversy (and the whole "N-word pass" thing is beyond absurd to me), regardless of its historical context. Personally, I find no problem in using it (and bear in mind that I'm from the Balkans, and here, most people don't even know that this word exists), and if you ever see me using it, it is in no ill intent. The only offensiveness in it is in the eye of the beholder, and the only reason I use the term "N-word" instead is because I'm not sure how well the mods take the usage of that word here, even if it is in indirect speech.

Empyreal wrote:
And putting "culture" in quote marks is pretty shitty and makes you look like a racist.


Because all these rappers from the ghetto seem to glorify gang violence, drug usage and dealing, promiscuity and other examples of degeneracy in the most disgustingly vulgar (and proud) way imaginable and, lame diss-tracks aside, seem to rap exclusively about that (as well as complaining about the police, which becomes hypocritical when the gang violence and drug dealing are also taken into consideration). I have no racial bias towards them (there are white people that are just as bad, if not even worse), but I simply cannot respect that. Of course, if there is hip hop with lyrics (as well as music) on the level of Atheist's Mother Man or Blind Guardian's Punishment Divine that you are aware of, I will be more than glad to hear it.
_________________
Lee Harrison wrote:
Now I understand that we aren’t more capable of read a book or listen a cd more than 30 min but came on really we deserve that,are we reduced to amoebas?

I hope not


Last edited by Morrigan on Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member was permanently banned for racism in multiple posts, and misogyny in other threads.

Top
 Profile  
Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Posts: 1317
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:00 pm 
 

So you complain about rappers glorifying violence and degeneracy? What do you think about death metal lyrics?

Also, "I have a huge distaste for [the n word], irrelevant of the rapper's race" and then "I find it utterly insane that a single word can cause so much controversy". Something doesn't follow here.

It seems to me like you just made this thread to shit on hip hop music. I could be wrong, but that's the vibe I'm getting.
_________________
VaderCrush wrote:
jerking it rules

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 32377
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:25 pm 
 

The Bard with Bright Eyes wrote:
Empyreal wrote:
And putting "culture" in quote marks is pretty shitty and makes you look like a racist.


Because all these rappers from the ghetto seem to glorify gang violence, drug usage and dealing, promiscuity and other examples of degeneracy in the most disgustingly vulgar (and proud) way imaginable and, lame diss-tracks aside, seem to rap exclusively about that (as well as complaining about the police, which becomes hypocritical when the gang violence and drug dealing are also taken into consideration). I have no racial bias towards them (there are white people that are just as bad, if not even worse), but I simply cannot respect that. Of course, if there is hip hop with lyrics (as well as music) on the level of Atheist's Mother Man or Blind Guardian's Punishment Divine that you are aware of, I will be more than glad to hear it.


That's not what Kendrick talks about. You don't seem to know what you're talking about at all. His lyrics are as good or better than any metal band's. Haven't seen any Blind Guardian lyrics as good as they are, which have that kind of social consciousness or sharpness.

Also the cops are murdering thugs who don't deserve respect - fuck em all. "Degeneracy" - another dog whistle. Real degeneracy to me is the cops' murderous actions, capitalist exploitation, etc.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Black Roses
Fictional Works - if you hated my reviews over the years then pay me back by reviewing my own stuff
Official Website

Top
 Profile  
Morton Salt
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:25 pm
Posts: 251
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:27 pm 
 

You guys are arguing with a Euro, you're better off trying to talk to a brick wall.

Top
 Profile  
The Bard with Bright Eyes
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:48 am
Posts: 94
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:29 pm 
 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
So you complain about rappers glorifying violence and degeneracy? What do you think about death metal lyrics?


Death metal is comparable to a horror movie. Its scenery is most certainly grotesque, but it is a mere depiction, and not actual glorification. To continue with the analogy, gangster rap is comparable to a snuff film made by a South American cartel as a warning to other cartels, if you can understand what I'm trying to say. The "I'll bust yo ass if you cross my way" lyrics are completely in-your-face and insufferable.

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
Also, "I have a huge distaste for [the n word], irrelevant of the rapper's race" and then "I find it utterly insane that a single word can cause so much controversy".


I'll probably sound like I'm full of shit here (and also contradict myself at another point), but it's not really the word itself that bothers me, but the general attitude behind it. As I said already, it's just a word to me like any other, but the "Yo, nigga, wassup, nigga, check this out, nigga, I shoot niggaz, nigga, I fuck bitches, nigga, the police are on my ass, nigga" attitude irritates the hell out of me. It just so happens that the N-word being said ever 10 seconds or so is the defining characteristic of it. I'm sounding like a broken record at this point, but it's so fucking juvenile and I cannot garner any respect for it.

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
It seems to me like you just made this thread to shit on hip hop music. I could be wrong, but that's the vibe I'm getting.


Your stance is understandable, but I assure you that you are wrong. I've had other negative experiences with non-metal (as well as some very positive ones; I'm not as narrow minded as I might seem to be), it's just that this one came to my mind first and was the most recent, that's all.

Empyreal wrote:
Also the cops are murdering thugs who don't deserve respect - fuck em all. ... Real degeneracy to me is the cops' murderous actions, capitalist exploitation, etc.


Agreed. But that doesn't make the ghetto-dwelling thugs any respectable. They are two sides of the same coin. And of course, those who avoid falling into the negative stereotypes of either of the two groups are worthy of the highest praises.
_________________
Lee Harrison wrote:
Now I understand that we aren’t more capable of read a book or listen a cd more than 30 min but came on really we deserve that,are we reduced to amoebas?

I hope not

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 32377
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:37 pm 
 

Man, like what you want, but you're writing whole essays here and everything Kendrick does is going straight over your head.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Black Roses
Fictional Works - if you hated my reviews over the years then pay me back by reviewing my own stuff
Official Website

Top
 Profile  
Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Posts: 1317
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:40 pm 
 

Yeah, as little as I know about hip hop, it's clear that the music just isn't for you and you base your views of it on stereotypes. I'll divert the topic with an unpleasant experience with a few non metal songs in particular that bring me back to an unpleasant time when I was 11 or 12 years old. Well, maybe not unpleasant, just awkward.

So, I had been playing music for some time at that point and wanted to get into playing more rock-oriented material with a band. So my parents found this youth rock music organization in the area that they signed me up for. I was placed in the entry-level ensemble. Three things I noticed right away: they placed me in the entry-level ensemble with no prior evaluation of my level of musicianship. Two, they tried to sign me up for private lessons right away. Three, the guy who instructed the entry level ensemble was 16. They had a guitarist and a drummer already, two positions which I wanted to try out for myself, but they didn't have a bass player and I could play bass so they stuck me on bass instead. Over the next few weeks we were taught Seven Nation Army and a Led Zeppelin song that I can't remember the name of, and despite my requests to try different instruments, I was kept on bass and they kept trying to get me into private lessons. The people who sang weren't good either. Eventually, I and my family discovered that there was a fee to do this thing, it wasn't small, and the director of the place gave us shitty manipulative vibes. So I quit the program. To this day, I can't hear any White Stripes song without getting shitty memories of that program and I've also been turned off of listening to literally all other Led Zeppelin material.
_________________
VaderCrush wrote:
jerking it rules

Top
 Profile  
~Guest 1452000
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:28 am
Posts: 260
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:47 pm 
 

^ That's a shame, Led Zeppelin is fantastic. Tbh Led Zeppelin III and IV are better than any Sabbath record for me.

Top
 Profile  
LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:11 pm
Posts: 3500
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:23 pm 
 

I like some hip-hop, but one of my worst experiences was at a party in college where someone was playing a bunch of stuff from Souljaboytellem.com. I'm not into those sorts of parties to begin with, and that just made it worse.

Top
 Profile  
Benedict Donald
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:36 am
Posts: 1447
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:43 pm 
 

Spiral Architect wrote:
Led Zeppelin is fantastic. Tbh Led Zeppelin III and IV are better than any Sabbath record for me.


Hard to argue this, as early Zep is essentially flawless music....and heavy-as-f*ck. But to my ears, the (un)holy triumvirate of Zep, 70s Sabbath, and 70s Deep Purple, along with a dose of 70s Jethro Tull, is music's zenith and has yet to be eclipsed.

Top
 Profile  
OzzyApu
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:11 am
Posts: 10796
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:55 pm 
 

I'm trying to think of a couple from Korea back in 2015/2016 that made me want to jump off a bridge, but there are two from AIT in 2008 that I will remember until the day I die.

Lil' Wayne's "Lollipop". I actually don't mind the song itself, but back in AIT (training specific to your job type after boot camp), "Lollipop" was one of the biggest songs that year and everyone except me had cellphones. That fucking song was set as almost everyone's alarm on their phones and you can bet your ass at 4:00 am every morning that thing was going off playing it simultaneously with maybe a 1-second margin of error. We all didn't have the same shifts in the barracks, which were 60 people (no separate rooms), but at least 40 phones would be going off at that same time every day for at least 2 months. Absolutely unbearable by the end of it, to the point where I'm listening to the song right now as I type this after almost 5 years since last listening to it and I can just barely get enjoyment out of it.

Imagine every morning

do do do do, do do do do, do do do do, do do do do

on +40 phones simultaneously as your alarm... every day... for 2 months... You'll be glad to wake up and gtfo of there as quick as you can.


Same place, my first bunkmate (who was with me in the same platoon in boot camp) bought Katy Perry's One of the Boys and played "I Kissed a Girl" about 1,000 times. And he only played that, often times when I was right there to suffer while he did his thing. Put me off from liking her for a solid 10 years before becoming a KP fan on my own terms. Glad he failed one of his classes <2 weeks in so I could switch bunkmates to someone who would be my best friend there for the next 4 months.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Top
 Profile  
Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Posts: 1317
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:08 am 
 

Spiral Architect wrote:
^ That's a shame, Led Zeppelin is fantastic. Tbh Led Zeppelin III and IV are better than any Sabbath record for me.

I have enjoyed the couple covers of No Quarter I have heard, Crowbar's and Tool's.
_________________
VaderCrush wrote:
jerking it rules

Top
 Profile  
Bishop_Drugsalot
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:42 am
Posts: 750
Location: Purgatory
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:33 am 
 

Morton Salt wrote:
You guys are arguing with a Euro, you're better off trying to talk to a brick wall.

What? Isn't this americacentrism which is statistically based on absolutely nothing usually found on 4chan and other cesspools?

Top
 Profile  
The Bard with Bright Eyes
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:48 am
Posts: 94
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:39 am 
 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
So, I had been playing music for some time at that point and wanted to get into playing more rock-oriented material with a band. So my parents found this youth rock music organization in the area that they signed me up for. I was placed in the entry-level ensemble. Three things I noticed right away: they placed me in the entry-level ensemble with no prior evaluation of my level of musicianship. Two, they tried to sign me up for private lessons right away. Three, the guy who instructed the entry level ensemble was 16. They had a guitarist and a drummer already, two positions which I wanted to try out for myself, but they didn't have a bass player and I could play bass so they stuck me on bass instead. Over the next few weeks we were taught Seven Nation Army and a Led Zeppelin song that I can't remember the name of, and despite my requests to try different instruments, I was kept on bass and they kept trying to get me into private lessons. The people who sang weren't good either. Eventually, I and my family discovered that there was a fee to do this thing, it wasn't small, and the director of the place gave us shitty manipulative vibes. So I quit the program. To this day, I can't hear any White Stripes song without getting shitty memories of that program and I've also been turned off of listening to literally all other Led Zeppelin material.


Jeez, that sucks. Hopefully you found a band more worthy of your time.

LithoJazzoSphere wrote:
I like some hip-hop, but one of my worst experiences was at a party in college where someone was playing a bunch of stuff from Souljaboytellem.com. I'm not into those sorts of parties to begin with, and that just made it worse.


Hahahaha, man, just reading the name Soulja boy is enough to give me nausea. Though I'm inclined to wonder what were you doing at that party in the first place. And I agree with you; I'm not into that kind of parties, either (or parties in general, for that matter).

OzzyApu wrote:
I'm trying to think of a couple from Korea back in 2015/2016 that made me want to jump off a bridge, but there are two from AIT in 2008 that I will remember until the day I die.

Lil' Wayne's "Lollipop". I actually don't mind the song itself, but back in AIT (training specific to your job type after boot camp), "Lollipop" was one of the biggest songs that year and everyone except me had cellphones. That fucking song was set as almost everyone's alarm on their phones and you can bet your ass at 4:00 am every morning that thing was going off playing it simultaneously with maybe a 1-second margin of error. We all didn't have the same shifts in the barracks, which were 60 people (no separate rooms), but at least 40 phones would be going off at that same time every day for at least 2 months. Absolutely unbearable by the end of it, to the point where I'm listening to the song right now as I type this after almost 5 years since last listening to it and I can just barely get enjoyment out of it.

Imagine every morning

do do do do, do do do do, do do do do, do do do do

on +40 phones simultaneously as your alarm... every day... for 2 months... You'll be glad to wake up and gtfo of there as quick as you can.


Same place, my first bunkmate (who was with me in the same platoon in boot camp) bought Katy Perry's One of the Boys and played "I Kissed a Girl" about 1,000 times. And he only played that, often times when I was right there to suffer while he did his thing. Put me off from liking her for a solid 10 years before becoming a KP fan on my own terms. Glad he failed one of his classes <2 weeks in so I could switch bunkmates to someone who would be my best friend there for the next 4 months.


Back in my early/mid teens when I was on YouTube 7 hours per day, I knew Lil' Wayne only as "the worst guitarist ever" due to the solo in that song (that I honestly never even bothered to check out until when I saw your post). I won't lie, I laughed my ass off when I heard it. But yeah, that main beeping melody is so irritating. Your nerves are something else if you managed to endure that for 2 months to no end. I admire you.

Regarding Katy Perry, you may find this interesting:


Bishop_Drugsalot wrote:
Morton Salt wrote:
You guys are arguing with a Euro, you're better off trying to talk to a brick wall.

What? Isn't this americacentrism which is statistically based on absolutely nothing usually found on 4chan and other cesspools?


Been a 4chaner for 2 years (other than an occasional visit to /metal/ on /mu/, I no longer go there), I've learned to ignore that kind of people. No point in wasting my time with them.
_________________
Lee Harrison wrote:
Now I understand that we aren’t more capable of read a book or listen a cd more than 30 min but came on really we deserve that,are we reduced to amoebas?

I hope not

Top
 Profile  
Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Posts: 1317
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:17 am 
 

The Bard with Bright Eyes wrote:

Jeez, that sucks. Hopefully you found a band more worthy of your time.

I never really did. There's almost no music scene where I live (except for folk bands) so I never met anyone else who played metal or rock music and/or wanted to start a band. A few years ago I had a brief two-person heavy rock project with a buddy of mine, and we even recorded a few songs, but that project kinda fizzled and didn't last long.
_________________
VaderCrush wrote:
jerking it rules

Top
 Profile  
Morton Salt
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:25 pm
Posts: 251
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:09 am 
 

Bishop_Drugsalot wrote:
Morton Salt wrote:
You guys are arguing with a Euro, you're better off trying to talk to a brick wall.

What? Isn't this americacentrism which is statistically based on absolutely nothing usually found on 4chan and other cesspools?


I’ve not once ever been on 4chan. It’s an observation on my end that Europeans (not including the UK) generally seem to be purposefully obtuse and there’s not really any use in trying to have a discussion with them. You’ll only end up frustrated in the end. I don’t know if it’s a language barrier thing but it’s annoying as fuck.

Top
 Profile  
The Bard with Bright Eyes
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:48 am
Posts: 94
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:13 am 
 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
The Bard with Bright Eyes wrote:

Jeez, that sucks. Hopefully you found a band more worthy of your time.

I never really did. There's almost no music scene where I live (except for folk bands) so I never met anyone else who played metal or rock music and/or wanted to start a band. A few years ago I had a brief two-person heavy rock project with a buddy of mine, and we even recorded a few songs, but that project kinda fizzled and didn't last long.


Similar situation where I live. The once place where metal was played was closed recently (fortunately, Mortal Kombat came there before it was closed and made a hell of a show; me and my friend had such an awesome time). I have a friend (the same one) who wanted us to form a power/folk metal band with lyrics dealing with Serbian history and Slavic mythology, but since he's in a shitty economic situation right now, that won't happen any time soon.

Empyreal wrote:
Haven't seen any Blind Guardian lyrics as good as they are, which have that kind of social consciousness or sharpness.


Some are quite open about their social criticism (Battalions of Fear, Born in a Mourning Hall), some a bit less so (Otherland) and some really require reading between the lines (Imaginations from the Other Side, I'm Alive). And this isn't confirmation bias from my side, André himself said it. It's a shame that the band's lyrical brilliance completely goes over the heads of even their most hardcore of fans.

And I'll give To Pimp a Butterfly another chance some time. I like to think that I know good music when I hear it, even if it isn't according to my tastes, and I'll admit it's better than anything I've heard from Drake, Soulja boy and other completely hopeless cases. But seriously, that "this dick ain't freEeEe" thing (the song is called For Free?, if anyone is curious) strikes my nerves in all the wrong ways. Absolutely unbearable.

Morton Salf wrote:
It’s an observation on my end that Europeans (not including the UK) generally seem to be purposefully obtuse and there’s not really any use in trying to have a discussion with them. You’ll only end up frustrated in the end. I don’t know if it’s a language barrier thing but it’s annoying as fuck.


My mastery of the English language is very good, if I dare say so myself. I'm aware of what you speak of, but you should not have such problems with me (and besides, I'm not stupid; I can Google a word I don't understand).
_________________
Lee Harrison wrote:
Now I understand that we aren’t more capable of read a book or listen a cd more than 30 min but came on really we deserve that,are we reduced to amoebas?

I hope not


Last edited by The Bard with Bright Eyes on Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 32377
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:25 am 
 

It's apples and oranges at the end of the day. It simply makes no sense to compare Kendrick or any hip hop artist with a power metal band, and the majority of metal bands, even when their lyrics are really well done, are just doing things entirely differently than a lot of other genres.

And if you're scared off by bad words then it probably won't ever resonate with you. I only kept posting here because it seemed plainly ludicrous to look at his word use and go "oh it's just nothing but brainless cursing" or whatever. I think vulgarity is part of the human experience, can be done as artful as anything. I don't look at things from some prude point of view.

Imaginations is a classic but those lyrics are kinda garbled and broken English-y at times. I did think their "Secrets of the American Gods" song from this year had really good lyrics. But again a totally different thing from a hip hop song.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Black Roses
Fictional Works - if you hated my reviews over the years then pay me back by reviewing my own stuff
Official Website

Top
 Profile  
Morton Salt
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:25 pm
Posts: 251
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:36 am 
 

The Bard with Bright Eyes wrote:
Morton Salf wrote:
It’s an observation on my end that Europeans (not including the UK) generally seem to be purposefully obtuse and there’s not really any use in trying to have a discussion with them. You’ll only end up frustrated in the end. I don’t know if it’s a language barrier thing but it’s annoying as fuck.


My mastery of the English language is very good, if I dare say so myself. I'm aware of what you speak of, but you should not have such problems with me (and besides, I'm not stupid; I can Google a word I don't understand).


Ok, explain to me about the being obtuse thing then. Do Euros think it’s funny to say a bunch of obnoxious shit that makes them come off like jackasses? Pretty lame man. You commenting on hip hop is just stupid because you clearly don’t (and won’t) understand why it is the way it is. You don’t see me talking about how I think the culture in your country is stupid because a) I don’t know anything about it and b) I also don’t care.

Top
 Profile  
The Bard with Bright Eyes
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:48 am
Posts: 94
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:51 am 
 

Morton Salt wrote:
The Bard with Bright Eyes wrote:
Morton Salf wrote:
It’s an observation on my end that Europeans (not including the UK) generally seem to be purposefully obtuse and there’s not really any use in trying to have a discussion with them. You’ll only end up frustrated in the end. I don’t know if it’s a language barrier thing but it’s annoying as fuck.


My mastery of the English language is very good, if I dare say so myself. I'm aware of what you speak of, but you should not have such problems with me (and besides, I'm not stupid; I can Google a word I don't understand).


Ok, explain to me about the being obtuse thing then. Do Euros think it’s funny to say a bunch of obnoxious shit that makes them come off like jackasses? Pretty lame man.


I dunno. I can understand a person not knowing English well enough to properly formulate what they are trying to say so that their whole posts end up weird or just plain nonsensical (I've had my experiences with such people and have been one of them myself roughly 5-6 years ago). I guess you've just been talking to assholes.

Morton Salt wrote:
You commenting on hip hop is just stupid because you clearly don’t (and won’t) understand why it is the way it is. You don’t see me talking about how I think the culture in your country is stupid because a) I don’t know anything about it and b) I also don’t care.


I know just that it annoys the hell out of me. I believe I've already explained why perfectly well. I don't want to repeat myself needlessly. And regarding my country and its culture, there are not many criticisms you can name that I'm likely to disagree with.
_________________
Lee Harrison wrote:
Now I understand that we aren’t more capable of read a book or listen a cd more than 30 min but came on really we deserve that,are we reduced to amoebas?

I hope not

Top
 Profile  
Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Posts: 1317
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:00 pm 
 

Empyreal wrote:
And if you're scared off by bad words then it probably won't ever resonate with you. I only kept posting here because it seemed plainly ludicrous to look at his word use and go "oh it's just nothing but brainless cursing" or whatever. I think vulgarity is part of the human experience, can be done as artful as anything. I don't look at things from some prude point of view.

At some point I feel that there's a threshold to be crossed, like in Five Finger Death Punch and Machine Head lyrics. When they're written like a kid who discovered cursing for the first time. And of course if a band uses racial slurs in their lyrics, regardless of what context they say they mean it in ("shock value" or whatever), it's bound to be awkward at best.
_________________
VaderCrush wrote:
jerking it rules

Top
 Profile  
Morton Salt
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:25 pm
Posts: 251
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:42 pm 
 

Let me correct my previous statement, I shouldn’t generalize. It’s not all Europeans, it’s European metal heads who just so happen to be some of the biggest dipshits I’ve ever had the misfortune to interact with. Sorry about that.

Top
 Profile  
Hexenmacht46290
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:30 pm
Posts: 612
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:37 pm 
 

The Bard with Bright Eyes wrote:
Death metal is comparable to a horror movie. Its scenery is most certainly grotesque, but it is a mere depiction, and not actual glorification. To continue with the analogy, gangster rap is comparable to a snuff film made by a South American cartel as a warning to other cartels, if you can understand what I'm trying to say. The "I'll bust yo ass if you cross my way" lyrics are completely in-your-face and insufferable.

Most gangsta rap lyrics are fictional. Some of them actually are gang members, these are the ones that usually don’t live very long. The biggest names, that make the most money, tend to be people who had some involvement with that life, or grew up around it, but got out of it. Just like violent death metal lyrics, the appeal is that someone’s actually talking about it, acknowledging that life’s not just sugary pop song material.
_________________
The only “-isms” you need, are individualism, and GISM.
I like Slayer solos
Spoiler: show
With my weed, I smoke every day
If I'm not high, the hate will escape
I smoke and smoke, stoned as a fuck
Weed is my life, weed is my love…
-John Gallagher

Top
 Profile  
Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:21 am
Posts: 5722
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:40 pm 
 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
Empyreal wrote:
And if you're scared off by bad words then it probably won't ever resonate with you. I only kept posting here because it seemed plainly ludicrous to look at his word use and go "oh it's just nothing but brainless cursing" or whatever. I think vulgarity is part of the human experience, can be done as artful as anything. I don't look at things from some prude point of view.

At some point I feel that there's a threshold to be crossed, like in Five Finger Death Punch and Machine Head lyrics. When they're written like a kid who discovered cursing for the first time. And of course if a band uses racial slurs in their lyrics, regardless of what context they say they mean it in ("shock value" or whatever), it's bound to be awkward at best.

In the case of black hip-hop music in particular, it just feels like a circumstance of white guys trying to police black culture which they really ought to not be doing.
_________________
RYM
Stygian Narcosis - My concert photography Facebook page - Instagram too

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 32377
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:49 pm 
 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
Empyreal wrote:
And if you're scared off by bad words then it probably won't ever resonate with you. I only kept posting here because it seemed plainly ludicrous to look at his word use and go "oh it's just nothing but brainless cursing" or whatever. I think vulgarity is part of the human experience, can be done as artful as anything. I don't look at things from some prude point of view.

At some point I feel that there's a threshold to be crossed, like in Five Finger Death Punch and Machine Head lyrics. When they're written like a kid who discovered cursing for the first time. And of course if a band uses racial slurs in their lyrics, regardless of what context they say they mean it in ("shock value" or whatever), it's bound to be awkward at best.


Well I mean anything you say about art likely comes with the unspoken qualifier of whether or not you think it's good. Anything can be done well or poorly, sure. And racial slurs mostly come down to whether it's polite or culturally appropriate to use them, not whether it's artistically relevant. I wouldn't use the N-word or whatever else but putting blanket rules on it is weird.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Black Roses
Fictional Works - if you hated my reviews over the years then pay me back by reviewing my own stuff
Official Website

Top
 Profile  
Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Posts: 1317
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:04 pm 
 

Mm, yes, there is always context, but there's still no denying that certain words have power, no matter whose mouth they're in. As horrid as this may sound, it is inherently discriminatory to restrict usage of certain words in certain contexts to certain groups. And in my experience, the people who use those words do not do it with the intent of decreasing their power and normalizing their usage so all can use them without them being problematic. I've met people who literally say "faggot" 10 times in a row and then say "it's okay because I'm gay/bisexual/whatever", when it's clear that they were just doing it to be edgy and stupid. It's very disingenuous to me, in the same way it's disingenuous for Kanye West to be a Donald Trump supporter or for Blaire White to be a massive transphobe. Being a member of a minority group does not give one a free pass to say bigoted shit towards that group or side with bigoted people. As a bisexual man myself, I would never use the word "faggot" to describe myself or anyone else, and I would discourage its use by everyone until society changes. There is one word that I feel has been sufficiently reclaimed and that society has changed enough for it to be used by anyone without eyebrows being raised, and that is "queer". It's an appropriate term now for anyone who's not cisgender or heterosexual, and people use it all the time now without the negative connotation it's had for so long.

But you can't just instantly re-contextualize words like that. It takes time. Right now it's not possible to call something "gay" or "retarded" without it being inherently homophobic or ableist, even if you say "I didn't mean it that way". Of course, now I'm talking about slurs in general, not just the N word like we originally were. And there is context surrounding that word and who uses it that I understand. But for all the reasons I've stated, there's hardly a slur out there that doesn't make me feel uncomfortable when I hear it, and until the day comes when anyone can say the word and be taken seriously when they say they mean it in a way that's not bigoted, I will never not feel uncomfortable.
_________________
VaderCrush wrote:
jerking it rules

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 32377
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:47 pm 
 

If you're not Black then it's probably best not to have too strong of an opinion about that word. Just how it is.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Black Roses
Fictional Works - if you hated my reviews over the years then pay me back by reviewing my own stuff
Official Website

Top
 Profile  
Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Posts: 1317
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:30 pm 
 

Well, like I said, I fully understand that when used in a hip hip context, that word is taken to not be racist. Yet that doesn't decrease my instinctive aversion to it.

I think I got a little off track with my previous lengthy message, making it seem like I'm not willing to let any word be reclaimed or change its meaning. That's not true, I just think it takes time, certain words have power, and progress must be made eventually.
_________________
VaderCrush wrote:
jerking it rules

Top
 Profile  
LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:11 pm
Posts: 3500
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:05 am 
 

The Bard with Bright Eyes wrote:

LithoJazzoSphere wrote:
I like some hip-hop, but one of my worst experiences was at a party in college where someone was playing a bunch of stuff from Souljaboytellem.com. I'm not into those sorts of parties to begin with, and that just made it worse.


Hahahaha, man, just reading the name Soulja boy is enough to give me nausea. Though I'm inclined to wonder what were you doing at that party in the first place. And I agree with you; I'm not into that kind of parties, either (or parties in general, for that matter).


Just some college friends of mine. I'm pretty introverted by nature, and was trying to be more sociable. I just have to choose where I expend social energy, and that one was purely draining for me.

Top
 Profile  
The Bard with Bright Eyes
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:48 am
Posts: 94
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:50 am 
 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
Empyreal wrote:
And if you're scared off by bad words then it probably won't ever resonate with you. I only kept posting here because it seemed plainly ludicrous to look at his word use and go "oh it's just nothing but brainless cursing" or whatever. I think vulgarity is part of the human experience, can be done as artful as anything. I don't look at things from some prude point of view.

When they're written like a kid who discovered cursing for the first time.


This. You just summarized what I've been trying to say. Like a spoiled brat who think he's some badass or something. Of course, I don't mind cussing by principle. Mortal Kombat (the band I mentioned already) has some pretty profane lyrics, yet I still love them. And a well used F-bomb does make for a powerful effect (Destruction's Nailed to the Cross or Dismember's Skin Her Alive, for example). But when you have stupid shit like "At first, I did love you, But now I just wanna fuck", "This dick ain't free" or "Life ain't shit but a fat vagina", don't be surprised when nobody takes you seriously.

Morton Salt wrote:
Let me correct my previous statement, I shouldn’t generalize. It’s not all Europeans, it’s European metal heads who just so happen to be some of the biggest dipshits I’ve ever had the misfortune to interact with. Sorry about that.


My conclusion still stands. I guess you've just been talking to assholes.

Hexenmacht46290 wrote:
The Bard with Bright Eyes wrote:
Death metal is comparable to a horror movie. Its scenery is most certainly grotesque, but it is a mere depiction, and not actual glorification. To continue with the analogy, gangster rap is comparable to a snuff film made by a South American cartel as a warning to other cartels, if you can understand what I'm trying to say. The "I'll bust yo ass if you cross my way" lyrics are completely in-your-face and insufferable.

Most gangsta rap lyrics are fictional. Some of them actually are gang members, these are the ones that usually don’t live very long. The biggest names, that make the most money, tend to be people who had some involvement with that life, or grew up around it, but got out of it. Just like violent death metal lyrics, the appeal is that someone’s actually talking about it, acknowledging that life’s not just sugary pop song material.


That's okay, I'm all for sugary delusions being torn to pieces, and the fact that some of these rappers (NWA, Tupac etc) actually grew up in such harsh environment does make it somewhat respectable, but the execution comes of as completely wrong to me. Instead of condemning it, they completely embrace the gangster lifestyle (just look at the music videos of the most well-known hip hip tunes and see how tough they're trying to act (which fits with the snuff film analogy), the sluts twerking, and only occasionally portraying policemen as scum, struggling to survive, discrimination (without going all "white people are the devil" on our asses) and other stuff their lyrics should focus more on). Some songs are even apologetic to the criminal activities and lifestyle, Tupac's Changes, for example. "Oh yeah, I totally had to sell dope to that kid over there, else I'd starve". Bah. And this problem is just made worse when we consider that they generally focus more on their image and reputation than on the music they "write" (in quotation marks because, as it seems to me, sampling is a pretty common thing in hip hop, and the mere concept of sampling is vomitous to me).

LithoJazzoSphere wrote:
The Bard with Bright Eyes wrote:

LithoJazzoSphere wrote:
I like some hip-hop, but one of my worst experiences was at a party in college where someone was playing a bunch of stuff from Souljaboytellem.com. I'm not into those sorts of parties to begin with, and that just made it worse.


Hahahaha, man, just reading the name Soulja boy is enough to give me nausea. Though I'm inclined to wonder what were you doing at that party in the first place. And I agree with you; I'm not into that kind of parties, either (or parties in general, for that matter).


Just some college friends of mine. I'm pretty introverted by nature, and was trying to be more sociable. I just have to choose where I expend social energy, and that one was purely draining for me.


I'm pretty introverted as well (I have only two friends and no desire for more). I'll say to you that you really shouldn't force yourself to be more social, especially not in the environments you dislike. It's better to be thirsty than to drink poison.
_________________
Lee Harrison wrote:
Now I understand that we aren’t more capable of read a book or listen a cd more than 30 min but came on really we deserve that,are we reduced to amoebas?

I hope not

Top
 Profile  
CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:02 pm
Posts: 1515
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:19 am 
 

I really liked good kid, m.a.a.d city when I first heard it all those years ago, but I never bothered with anything after for whatever reason.

All this talk about Kendrick Lamar got me to listen to To Pimp a Butterfly last night and I liked it after the first listen and will be going back.
_________________
GTog:
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group