Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Hexenmacht46290
Has a GED in Gamercide

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:18 pm 

AC/DC don’t embody any of the tropes of redneckdom. Not US rednecks(no confederate battle flag) and not Australian rednecks.
With my weed, I smoke every day
If I'm not high, the hate will escape
I smoke and smoke, stoned as a fuck
Weed is my life, weed is my love…
-John Gallagher

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:56 am 

EvergreenSherbert wrote:
Is there a resource like the Metal Archives that also includes metalcore? It's kinda fucking irritating how we leave that out.

Would you like to browse an article for WW2 and then suddenly a citation directs you to - let's say - the 100 year war? With the sole argument being that they are both wars does not mean that you should put them side by side.

Metalcore not being a genre of heavy metal does not make it lesser, or even bad. There were, and are metalcore bands that wipe the floor with many timelined bullshit "tr00" artists.

All in all there is place for everything in my opinion.

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:41 pm 

VIVA MÉXICO, CABRONES!
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:23 pm 

Thy Shrine wrote:
Thank fucking christ people jumped to AC/DC's defense, they are legit just a great fucking band bristling with attitude, and their music just fucking rocks plain and simple although Bon Scott era is hands down the better era.

I never understood why it seems everyone and their brother thinks the Bon Scott era was superior. I'm not the biggest fan of theirs, but TNT is such a dumb tune, while Hells Bells is by far their most metal moment by this huge hard rock band.

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:33 am 

marktheviktor wrote:
Thy Shrine wrote:
Thank fucking christ people jumped to AC/DC's defense, they are legit just a great fucking band bristling with attitude, and their music just fucking rocks plain and simple although Bon Scott era is hands down the better era.

I never understood why it seems everyone and their brother thinks the Bon Scott era was superior. I'm not the biggest fan of theirs, but TNT is such a dumb tune, while Hells Bells is by far their most metal moment by this huge hard rock band.

For me the Bon Scott era was overshadowed at times by his persona and overall performance. When Brian entered both Angus and Malcom started creating a less rock and roll tune and catered towards a straightforwards hard rock and even heavy metal style.

But Bon's era has my favorite ACDC song "Beating Around the Bush"!

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:05 pm 

Thought a new signature would be appropriate

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:21 am 

Νeed help with something. Sorry if this is not the correct thread. I just edited a band's lyrics but one of the song is an instrumental. I cannot find the option to make it like that. Does it matter that I am not a Veteran yet?

Thanks in advance.

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:45 am 

What happened on June 22, 2021?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:52 am 

Just bots, probably.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:06 am 

PETERG wrote:
Νeed help with something. Sorry if this is not the correct thread. I just edited a band's lyrics but one of the song is an instrumental. I cannot find the option to make it like that. Does it matter that I am not a Veteran yet?

Thanks in advance.

Taken care of. Better file a report next time.

kalervon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:37 pm 

marktheviktor wrote:
Thy Shrine wrote:
Because Cynic's demos are better than anything else they ever recorded, because Carcass sold out after Reek of Putrefaction, because Paul Di'Anno is by far Iron Maiden's best singer and they peaked with Killers, because Slaughter of the Soul is a complete sell-out move, etc. etc.

In other words, because internet.

I wouldn't be suprised if anyone came out saying John Rutsey was THE drummer for Rush until Peart came along with his heartless brainiac gymnastics..

I must admit I hold on to a similar opinion regarding an early era of two bands: Kataklysm (with Sylvain) and Scorpions (Roth though, not Michael Schenker).

Jackoroth
Metalhead

Location: Taumatawhakatangi­hangakoauauotamatea­turipukakapikimaunga­horonukupokaiwhen­uakitanatahu
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:30 am 

Mayhem is such a weird beast of a band to me.

They're playing here early next year and it'll be the third time I've seen them now with some of their shows being absolute trash and others being alright and even though I have no interest in anything they've done musically since their classic line up, I for some reason want to go see them again.

awheio
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:23 am 

Listen to If You Interfere With The Devil, You Interfere With God by awheio on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/awheio/if-you-in ... al_sharing

LongHairIsSoFuckingCool
Edgy Metal Noob Catchphrase Dispenser

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:15 am 

Why is everyone on the forum talking about "Changes" now?

recyclage wrote:
Anyone who writes "The Deftones" isn't trustworthy.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:42 pm 

If anyone here is in Florida, I hope you're staying safe from Hurricane Ian. Looks incredibly powerful from the images I'm seeing.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Space_alligator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:05 am 

kalervon wrote:
marktheviktor wrote:
Thy Shrine wrote:
Because Cynic's demos are better than anything else they ever recorded, because Carcass sold out after Reek of Putrefaction, because Paul Di'Anno is by far Iron Maiden's best singer and they peaked with Killers, because Slaughter of the Soul is a complete sell-out move, etc. etc.

In other words, because internet.

I wouldn't be suprised if anyone came out saying John Rutsey was THE drummer for Rush until Peart came along with his heartless brainiac gymnastics..

I must admit I hold on to a similar opinion regarding an early era of two bands: Kataklysm (with Sylvain) and Scorpions (Roth though, not Michael Schenker).

As an Australian growing up in Australia, i clearly remember in the pre internet era people already claiming Bon Scott to be the better singer...including my dad. For many my dads age, Bon was the AC/DC they knew. They toured country towns and he embodied alot of the culture of that time.

I favor the Bon Scott era, basically because its all i heard...and sung, somewhat awkwardly for the parents. A 4yo singing 'The Jack'? Oops...

Having said that, Back in Black is solid AF and Hell's Bells is probably their best song.

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:29 am 

Antioch wrote:
PETERG wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Taken care of. Better file a report next time.

Thank you!

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

yungstirjoey666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:31 pm 

Hello

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:05 am 

Hi

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:47 am 

It's miserable to see all your favorite quick-and-easy foods being discontinued.

First it was Knorr's white cheddar queso rice, then it was the $1 frozen pepper bites, and finally it's every El Monterey burrito that doesn't prominently feature fucking beans (specifically, the spicy picante and beef & cheese varieties).

I'm so goddamn salty.

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:25 am 

Zelkiiro wrote:
...and finally it's every El Monterey burrito that doesn't prominently feature fucking beans (specifically, the spicy picante and beef & cheese varieties).

I hope this doesn't include those breakfast burritos..... that's been my breakfast all week

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:46 pm 

EvergreenSherbert wrote:
Zelkiiro wrote:
...and finally it's every El Monterey burrito that doesn't prominently feature fucking beans (specifically, the spicy picante and beef & cheese varieties).

I hope this doesn't include those breakfast burritos..... that's been my breakfast all week

They're not quite discontinued, but they're fuckin' hard to find anymore, so they might be quietly going away.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:07 pm 

I just got word that my grandmother had passed away earlier today. She had to be taken to the emergency room last Friday because she had a heart attack, and I was really hoping that she would pull through this and bounce back. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case at all. The only good thing about this was that she died peacefully. :(

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:35 pm 

Sorry for your loss man

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:24 am 

Sorry for your loss, Slater.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:11 am 

May she rest in peace. Sorry for your loss.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:45 am 

Appreciate the condolences. I'm gonna take a few days off the forums in the meantime. I should be back by next week.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:23 pm 

Finally saw Maiden on Wednesday. Best. Show. Ever. :metal:

Space_alligator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:28 am 

My son referred to Motorhead's Orgasmatron as the "train monster" album. Proud dad moment.

Ex El Ex El Ex
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:17 am 

Yo, anyone else love Overkill's Horrorscope here? I'm listening to the titletrack right now, haven't heard this stuff in a while, and it's blowing me away all over again. Stomping, skull-crushing stuff.

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:56 am 

I wonder what the first thread on this site was.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:19 pm 

Good news - Alex Jones will have to pay billions to the Sandy Hook parents he spent years terrorizing. Fuck that guy.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:51 pm 

Ex El Ex El Ex wrote:
Yo, anyone else love Overkill's Horrorscope here? I'm listening to the titletrack right now, haven't heard this stuff in a while, and it's blowing me away all over again. Stomping, skull-crushing stuff.

No. No one else enjoys this beloved and highly-rated timeless classic. You are the only one who loves it.

Spoiler: show
:P

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

From_Wisdom_To_Mabt
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:46 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
Good news - Alex Jones will have to pay billions to the Sandy Hook parents he spent years terrorizing. Fuck that guy.

I wonder how that works. Does that mean any profit he tries to turn from here on out will be gouged severely in order to pay back his judgement?

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:58 pm 

Not sure. It's all been quite fast with the news. I'm sure all that will be hammered out... he's probably fucked though.

Demon Fang
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:14 pm 

Ex El Ex El Ex wrote:

The Years of Decay may have had Skullkrusher, but on Horrorscope, every track is a skullkrusher. Such a good album, second only to their debut tbh.

Ex El Ex El Ex
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:24 am 

Morrigan wrote:
Ex El Ex El Ex wrote:

No. No one else enjoys this beloved and highly-rated timeless classic. You are the only one who loves it.

:P

Okay, fair, that was a bit of a "Painkiller is so cool" moment, haha. The other day an old friend and I got together for a drink and started blasting some old school stuff, like when we were teenagers. I missed that stuff.

And yeah, Horrorscope fucking rules.

LongHairIsSoFuckingCool
Edgy Metal Noob Catchphrase Dispenser

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:10 pm 

Why do people use guitars with more than 6 strings?

recyclage wrote:
Anyone who writes "The Deftones" isn't trustworthy.

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:49 pm 

Cause they wanna get those lower notes but still solo high. Also they look cool.

CreepingDeath16
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:58 am 

I wonder if Jim Carrey will have a cameo in this dark and edgy The Mask reboot.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 317, 318, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323 ... 332  Next