Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Ezadara
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:50 pm 

lord_kexasthur wrote:
But as arabs we had to shut up and suck it, but in ukraine after one hour of war, headlines of genocide and mass murder and whatever you can imagine were spread everywhere.

Ugh. As someone with heritage in Western Asian countries where wars and acts of genocide have been ignored by the west, get out of here using this as an excuse to parrot pro-Russian and pro-Putin talking points. You can point out the obvious issues in the attention the West pays to violence depending on where it happens and the ethnicity of its victims without spouting a bunch of crap alongside it.

Eternal Unity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:32 pm 

Putin is going to be judged by the Hague.
Rejoin my soul with thine

Valandil_79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:37 pm 

funeralravens wrote:
sjal, no, I don't blame Ukraine for this, it would be silly. The blame is on Putin's regime entirely.

WoW! Any US political scientist and/or international relations scholar say it's "Putin's regime entirely."?

The tank supply story is funny, though. Just supply a few Abrams and Leopards, only for DC, UK, and Germany to call "Ukraine" a "NAZI threat to Western Civilisation" 5 years down the line.

The trick is for Germany to keep buying Russian gas. DC lobbiest can get their weapons contracts, and DC can prop up the US Dollar. Keep this proxy war going as long as possible. Double Your Money, Try To Get Rich.

Russian and Ukrainian lives are being lost, and it's disgusting.

Miikja
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:14 pm 

Valandil_79 wrote:
Ukrainian lives are being lost, and it's disgusting.

There, I fixed it for you.

Valandil_79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:46 pm 

Miikja wrote:
Valandil_79 wrote:
Ukrainian lives are being lost, and it's disgusting.

There, I fixed it for you.

Nah, Russian lives are equally as important.

In_Zane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:31 am 

Valandil_79 wrote:
Nah, Russian lives are equally as important.

Shouldn't have attacked then.

Valandil_79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:09 pm 

In_Zane wrote:

And 5 years from now, when DC, UK, and Germany call Ukraine a "NAZI threat to Western Democracy", you'll go with that narrative, as well.

You and I are living like kings. I'll be honest... I don't care about this conflict. What's your angle, here?

Last edited by Morrigan on Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banned 1 month for admitting to trolling the thread

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:32 pm 

Valandil_79 wrote:
In_Zane wrote:

And 5 years from now, when DC, UK, and Germany call Ukraine a "NAZI threat to Western Democracy", you'll go with that narrative, as well.

You and I are living like kings. I'll be honest... I don't care about this conflict. What's your angle, here?

Mate everyday since the start of the invasion Ukraine and it's people have become more pro-western democracy. With perfectly good reason. What you're foretelling doesn't make any sense, even if we're going with your cookie cutter "it's military–industrial complex all the way down" spiel.

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:37 pm 

Valandil_79 wrote:
In_Zane wrote:

This prediction comes from your ass.

As for my angle, personally, is seeing a world power attack, massacre, butcher its neighbour, a democratic country. Seeing such a one-sided attack should be enough for anyone who's not a sociopath to side with the defenders.

Benedict Donald
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:45 pm 

Valandil_79 wrote:
I'll be honest... I don't care about this conflict.

Then why spend the time commenting on it?

ZenoMarx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:51 pm 

Valandil_79 wrote:
I know you think this is an argument of some sort, but really, it isn't. Might even qualify as a straw man. We know what is happening now. We can't know what will happen in five years.

Valandil_79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:31 pm 

Benedict Donald wrote:
Valandil_79 wrote:

The reason is that I live with 10 million people, [London] but can't connect with any of them. The population of your town is what 10? 100? 1,000? Come on... I only said that Metallica were awful. Now you're on my case.

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:32 pm 

I'm confused as to what the size of one's city has to do with Ukrainian war...

Though I can get an inkling as to why you can't connect with other people...

Valandil_79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:50 pm 

Curious_dead wrote:
As for my angle, personally, is seeing a world power attack, massacre, butcher its neighbour, a democratic country. Seeing such a one-sided attack should be enough for anyone who's not a sociopath to side with the defenders.

"democratic cuntry". Please, can you cite a political analysts who supports your really informative statement?

Benedict Donald
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:57 pm 

Valandil_79 wrote:
Benedict Donald wrote:
Valandil_79 wrote:

The reason is that I live with 10 million people, [London] but can't connect with any of them. The population of your town is what 10? 100? 1,000? Come on... I only said that Metallica were awful. Now you're on my case.

You got me there. I live in a city of only 8.8 million.
Some of them probably enjoy recent Metallica, too.

Valandil_79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:11 pm 

Benedict Donald wrote:

At least your casualty rate will be lower if there's a nuclear strike. lol

sjal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:31 pm 

sjal wrote:
the Russian military have been attacking civilian targets in Ukraine, often using weapons that are not available in Ukraine at all (such as ballistic missiles (such as Kh-22)) and the Ukrainian military still does not have the systems to shoot down those missiles

It turned out that the example and description I gave here are not quite correct.
Ballistic missiles are such as "Iskander-M"; and as for the Kh-22, it seems it's more correctly to write "an anti-ship missile that has some ballistic characteristics" (i.e. part of its path the missile moves along a ballistic trajectory, plus it has a very fast speed). This missile (Kh-22) was often mentioned in the latest news because it was the missile that the Russian military used to hit on that large residential apartment building in the city of Dnipro as a result of which many people died / were injured, and I saw that some Ukrainian journalists called this missile "ballistic", and I also remember that this is a type of missile that the Ukrainian air defense has no ability to shoot down.
(Sorry, before the war started, I knew almost nothing about missiles (except that they are exist) and about weapons in general, and now I still don't know much about it. The fact that the war has resulted in civilians having to face with and to "learn" about all of this is still very depressing for me in itself, so I generally avoid reading more detailed information/characteristics about all these weapons and usually get by with very basic information).
A more detailed and correct information about Kh-22 and why the Ukrainian military do not have a possibility to shoot down these missiles is here - https://kyivindependent.com/national/wh ... ment-block

Last edited by sjal on Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benedict Donald
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:43 pm 

Valandil_79 wrote:
Benedict Donald wrote:

At least your casualty rate will be lower if there's a nuclear strike. lol

Indeed. Always look on the bright side of life.

sjal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:03 pm 

There are good news from the law/justice front:
The ECtHR has become the first international Court to legally and officially prove Russian occupation of part of Donbas since 2014 - https://www.eurointegration.com.ua/eng/ ... 6/7154901/

Ezadara
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:10 pm 

Valandil_79 wrote:
"democratic cuntry". Please, can you cite a political analysts who supports your really informative statement?

How about no? No one in this thread is responsible for ameliorating your ignorance and it seems unfortunate to me that so many people have had to debate whether Ukraine deserves to be ripped to shreds by an imperialist power. It does not. Simple as that.

Hexenmacht46290
Has a GED in Gamercide

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:17 pm 

Valandil_79 wrote:
Curious_dead wrote:

Both countries have elections. But the party in power only changes in one of them. I wonder why?
With my weed, I smoke every day
If I'm not high, the hate will escape
I smoke and smoke, stoned as a fuck
Weed is my life, weed is my love…
-John Gallagher

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:37 pm 

Valandil_79 wrote:

I don't think Ukraine is likely to adopt such an ideology as a whole after what they've been enduring. However, I promise you, if Putin wins, no matter what Ukraine's existing structure is like, what it gets replaced with will be worse.

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:08 am 

Hexenmacht46290 wrote:
Valandil_79 wrote:
Curious_dead wrote:

Both countries have elections. But the party in power only changes in one of them. I wonder why?

Not only that, but it's not as if the "democratic" part was the most important in my sentence. If Zelensky hadn't been democratically elected... it still wouldn't make it OK to butcher and rape Ukrainians for it by the Russian forces. It's like that user wanted to have a "gotcha" moment, but really, nothing justifies the atrocities we're seeing in Ukraine. But also, he is obviously wrong.

yung_souichi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:32 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
Valandil_79 wrote:
In_Zane wrote:

Mate everyday since the start of the invasion Ukraine and it's people have become more pro-western democracy. With perfectly good reason. What you're foretelling doesn't make any sense, even if we're going with your cookie cutter "it's military–industrial complex all the way down" spiel.

It's funny you mention that, Ukrainian leftists I know have despaired of the virulent nationalism and authoritarianism that's now even more normalized.

Miss Amerikkka? Only parasites will

Last edited by yung_souichi on Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:06 pm 

They're being invaded by a country that denies the existence of an Ukrainian identity and is attempting to erase Ukrainian culture in the regions they've annexed so far.
Of course nationalism is booming. It would be in any country under similar circumstances. A huge majority of Ukrainians also want to join the EU, which is kind of the opposite of working towards becoming an authoritarian nation.

sjal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:39 pm 

henkkjelle, thanks for your support.

(Yes, I don’t know what is meant by “authoritarianism” in this context either, people here are very much against it)

As for leftist-related topics in general, from some of my sad experience, I'd say, for me, it's rather "natural"/expected when there is some not understanding/misunderstanding of processes that are going on with Ukrainian leftists - from a point of view of certain foreign leftists.
(It is still very hard to cope with all of it when you are a Ukrainian who support many/some leftist views and ideas but at the same time a genocidal war is waged against you/your closest relatives/your compatriots, and it also can be difficult to explain it to some people abroad)
Maybe reading these statements/questions and answers/comments might help a little in cases like these - https://commons.com.ua/en/10-zhahlivih- ... ogo-oporu/

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:01 pm 

Wow I look away for a few days and this thread turns to shit huh -_-

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

ZenoMarx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:29 pm 

Piece of shit Musk makes me sick.

SpaceX Admits Blocking Ukrainian Troops from Using Satellite Technology. “There are things that we can do to limit their ability to do that," the SpaceX president told reporters, referencing reports on Starlink and drone use. "There are things that we can do, and have done."

Reuters reports today that Starlink has been denying service to Ukraine-service now paid for by US and NATO governments- based on political criteria newly and unilaterally imposed by Starlink management

Sovl_Ov_Mvn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:53 am 

Tomorrow Putin said he will make the "Ultimate Sacrifice" and that has me a bit nervous.

Norfrisianblackmetal wrote:
Based on the haircut of Will Ramos a ban is justified.

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:22 am 

Sovl_Ov_Mvn wrote:
Tomorrow Putin said he will make the "Ultimate Sacrifice" and that has me a bit nervous.

Tomorrow will have been one year since the invasion began, so this is indeed quite ominous.

My heart is breaking for all of the innocent people of Ukraine, and I pray that Putin doesn’t end up doing something drastic tomorrow. Sjal, please let us know that you’re safe if you are able to do so.

As for Putin, I hope that imperialist warmonger eats the front end of a truck. He’d be doing the world a favor.

sjal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:23 am 

MeavyHetal, thank you for your support, and thanks again to everyone who supported and continues to support Ukraine in any way during this year.
There was also great support for the resolution with Ukraine's Peace Formula by many countries at this latest voting by the UN General Assembly - https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/02/23/7390750/
(This action seems rather symbolic, because it is obvious that Russia is not interested in implementation of this kind of peace plan and it seems that its leadership is not going to stop the war and the killing and terror of people in Ukraine by the Russian military at all :(, but still..).

It is very important for Ukraine to have such international support.

MeavyHetal wrote:
My heart is breaking for all of the innocent people of Ukraine, and I pray that Putin doesn’t end up doing something drastic tomorrow. Sjal, please let us know that you’re safe if you are able to do so.

Spoiler: show
Thank you for your concern. To be honest, I think I've reached a point after which I started to perceive the risks that are related to my own safety during the war in general (and during certain dates in particular) a little more vaguely and less anxious - for better or worse, I don't know.
It just so happened that I am in Kyiv these days, and only today in the evening I will go back to a bit more "safe" Khmelnitsky region where I live.
Fortunately, there were no air raid alerts (yet) today; if there will be air raid alerts, I will go to a bomb shelter (although, I have to admit that in "usual" days and when I am located in the Khmelnitsky region, I (and most people I know from the region) almost don’t go to bomb shelters during air raid alerts anymore).
I've limited my movement around the city today, and in the evening I will go to Kyiv's central railway station by underground metro instead of by land transport in the city, - that's all I did/will do (and can do) for my safety in this situation.
---

I also heard that children in schools in Kyiv may not go to school (and to study online instead) these days if their parents decided so, but that's all.

Edit:
I've just seen this statistic of how many hours in general children in Ukraine had to stay in bomb shelters during the full-scale war and wanted to post it here, it's very sad - https://www.savethechildren.net/news/ov ... cond-year#

sjal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:03 am 

On the night of February 27th there was another attack on many regions of Ukraine by using "Shahed" drones by the Russian military. Most of the drones were shot down by Ukrainian air defense, but three of them were not shot down, and it just so happened that the Khmelnytskyi region was the one that was hurt - two workers of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine died in the line of duty (one of them died at the place of the attack and the other died later in a hospital), and there are also three more people who were injured. :(
Also, many civilian buildings were damaged.
(https://vsim.ua/Podii/nichna-ataka-po-h ... 72121.html)

There were rocket and drone attacks on the city of Khmelnytskyi and on the Khmelnytskyi region in general before, but in most cases there were only damages of civilian houses/buildings/critical infrastructure/military objects, and there were almost no injuries/deaths of people.
The workers of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine have higher risks to their lives during the war, like the workers of Ukrainian emergency medical services, because they are the first to arrive at a place of destruction/fire after a rocket/drone attack - and there is always a risk of repeated attacks on the same place.

It is also very bad that Russia often uses this tactic during the war - when they do a rocket/drone attack late at night, when most people in Ukraine are asleep, and therefore the people may not hear and react in time to the danger.
(I, for example, slept all that night - I was really tired and it just so happened that I didn’t wake up neither from the sound of sirens outside the window nor from the sound of the Telegram message on my mobile phone, and I found out about the drone attacks only in the morning. There were no drone attacks in the city where I live, so this time it was not so critical, but I'll turn up the air raid warning signal on my mobile phone louder again - to the level as it was during the first months of the full-scale war, because it seems the Russian military is not going to stop its rocket/drone attacks on the Western / Northern / Central regions of Ukraine (and on the territory of Ukraine in general), and the Ukrainian air defense can not shoot down all the missiles/drones, unfortunately).

Edit: typos.

Last edited by sjal on Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sovl_Ov_Mvn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:06 am 

I really don't understand the anti-ukraine opinions. I'm all for freedom of speech but not hate speech. Everyone has opinions but I cannot find anything about corruption under Zelenski's rule of ukraine since 2019. All I know is the whole war started with Crimea and the break away regions.

Sovl_Ov_Mvn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:09 am 

Bakhmut is nearly encircled. 7 months later and russia made a major advance. Scenes from this battle describe it as WW1 trench warfare.

To view these scenes, click this link below. It is safe for work to view.

https://www.reuters.com/news/picture/ba ... USRTSGX7GV

Sovl_Ov_Mvn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:04 am 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of ... akhmut.jpg

If bakhmut had a older photo filter I'd think it was a scene from ww2

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:48 am 

https://www.reuters.com/world/us-says-russian-jet-caused-spy-drone-crash-over-black-sea-moscow-denies-2023-03-14/

Russia appears to have deliberately shot down a U.S. drone over the Black Sea, which would be our first direct contact with Russia since the Cold War.

sjal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:53 pm 

https://twitter.com/BadBalticTakes/stat ... 2596605952

https://estonianworld.com/life/25-march ... d-estonia/

Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:43 am 

Sovl_Ov_Mvn wrote:
Bakhmut is nearly encircled. 7 months later and russia made a major advance. Scenes from this battle describe it as WW1 trench warfare.

To view these scenes, click this link below. It is safe for work to view.

https://www.reuters.com/news/picture/ba ... USRTSGX7GV

Bakhmut is still under the Ukrainian flag, although Pootin's army has practically reduced the town to rubble. But also, very heavy losses are reported on the Russian side. Keep going mr.Pootin, the end is not so far away.

~Guest 1753690
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:37 am 

I am against the war in Ukraine. In general, I am against any war. And I regret that the leadership of my country attacked defenseless Ukraine. In our country, the screws are now being tightened, and we are turning into a totalitarian camp. I want to leave Russia.

Sovl_Ov_Mvn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:53 am 

~Guest 1753690 wrote:
I am against the war in Ukraine. In general, I am against any war. And I regret that the leadership of my country attacked defenseless Ukraine. In our country, the screws are now being tightened, and we are turning into a totalitarian camp. I want to leave Russia.

I wish you a safe trip to the US if you come here. We welcome you with open arms brotha.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next