Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:11 pm 

The ten commandments:

I.
I, the Metal Lord, am your mod. You shall not have other mods besides me.

II
You shall not take the name of John Arch in vain.

III
Remember to keep unholy the Lord's day.

IV
Honor your webmasters.

V
You shall not kill threads with bad posts.

VI
Thou shalt spoiler tag adulterish posts.

VII
You shall not steal the first post of a page.

VIII
You shall not be a false.

IX
You shall not covet your neighboring country's immigration policy.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

X
You shall not cover your neighbor's postcount.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:12 pm 

The FFA is dead. Long live the FFA.

Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:12 pm 

I was so sure you guys would go with Ban after Ban for this one.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:13 pm 

It was beheaded after the Baja Blast Riots of '14.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:14 pm 

How long did it take you to come up with the title?

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:15 pm 

Woohoo new FFA, did you actually ban mindshadow? Also this title is way better than the last, nicely done Zodi.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Last edited by Erosion of Humanity on Thu May 08, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:15 pm 

Maaan come on now I had just drummed up some seriously interesting Baja Blast conversation!

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:17 pm 

I believe he was banned. I'm honestly amazed it took that long for him to get the boot.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

bronxeel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:18 pm 

Baja Blast and Taco Bell. Makes sense. Who farted?

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:19 pm 

Yeah, I could ignore the incessant ramblings but attacking people for calling you out on being an idiot is just, well, idiotic.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:21 pm 

Dat thred doe....
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:29 pm 

Also, Taco Bell is like a homeless man's version of TexMex food. Go to Moe's instead. There's a Moe's right down the road from the Taco Bell in Bristol I pass by on the way home from work every single day, and their burritos are something to behold.

Also, Puerto Vallarta. They make good tacos.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:33 pm 

Bacon, spring cabbage, soy sauce, powdered paprika, and a wok pan. Afterwards, add Sriracha. This goes so far into fusion kitchen that it's already fission cuisine, but damn, it can be good.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:38 pm 

The tension! Who will get banned after the end of this FFA?

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:38 pm 

Mindshadow has been dispatched by the super secret MA seal team. Silent and deadly, they leave nothing but ashes in their wake.

I do find it kinda weird that the whole thread was locked though, as regular conversations were already taking place again.

Last edited by henkkjelle on Thu May 08, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:40 pm 

Napero wrote:
Bacon, spring cabbage, soy sauce, powdered paprika, and a wok pan. Afterwards, add Sriracha. This goes so far into fusion kitchen that it's already fission cuisine, but damn, it can be good.

Don't you mean 'wokkipannu'? I swear that's all I remember from my trip to Finland, was seeing a wok labelled that at a supermarket. Highlight of 2013 for sure.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:46 pm 

So close to 666 :( :fuck:

Title sounds a bit clunky and forced. 6/10
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:49 pm 

Alright, this may just be my first time getting on the first page of a new FFA. Wish I had something relevant to say to give me a legitimate reason to post here.

Edit: Oh, uh...The last FFA started a month after I had begun a terrible job, and this new one begins 8 months into a much more awesome one. So there, perspective.

Last edited by Smoking_Gnu on Thu May 08, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pippin_Took
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:51 pm 

So after the recs yesterday, I'm blasting some Incantation at work now while plotting up some data. Listening to Onward to Golgotha, and first impressions are: great vocals, loving the menacing doomier slow sections, less sold on the frenzied swarm-of-bees blasting sections. Seems like music not best suited to background though- there's a lot going on.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:51 pm 

Subrick wrote:
Also, Taco Bell is like a homeless man's version of TexMex food. Go to Moe's instead. There's a Moe's right down the road from the Taco Bell in Bristol I pass by on the way home from work every single day, and their burritos are something to behold.

Moe's is where you go if you want really high quality TexMex fast casual food. Taco Bell is where you go if you're hungover, hungry as shit and your food budget for the day consists of change that used to be the stuff you avoided touching in the bottom of the change jar because it's half covered in decade-old hairy gum but is now your only remaining currency.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:54 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:
Subrick wrote:

Moe's is where you go if you want really high quality TexMex fast casual food. Taco Bell is where you go if you're hungover, hungry as shit and your food budget for the day consists of change that used to be the stuff you avoided touching in the bottom of the change jar because it's half covered in decade-old hairy gum but is now your only remaining currency.

Moe's nachos are great because you can practically get a burrito bowl that you eat with a spoon on top of a large serving of nachos. It's essential that shredded cheese goes on before queso though.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:54 pm 

I hate when people go "why would you want X when you can have Y, it's so much better quality"

like, motherfucker, we all know what we're eating when we go to "x".

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:56 pm 

I haven't been to a Taco Bell in ages. McDonald's is the only fast food I can really stomach these days. I know it's no more or less healthy for you than any other fast food joint, but somehow I feel comparatively less sludge-filled after a Big Mac than an equivalent amount of TB Tacos.

bronxeel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:58 pm 

There is nothing more righteous than beef tongue tacos made by someone who knows what they're doing.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:59 pm 

bronxeel wrote:
There is nothing more righteous than beef tongue tacos made by someone who knows what they're doing.

Napero needs to confirm this!

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:01 pm 

Subrick wrote:

Sheeeeit my portly brethren you don't have to tell ME about Moes. Their food is infinitely superior to T. Bell. And most places. Joey steak with no beans, add pico, sour cream, cheese, cilantro, lime juice and chipotle ranch sauce...it's stunning. The problem is they KNOW they're better than T. Bell and it's reflected in the prices and the frequent long lines.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:04 pm 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
Woohoo new FFA, did you actually ban mindshadow? Also this title is way better than the last, nicely done Zodi.

Yeah, for complaining about another mod to me, and to that mod about me. I only noticed when I finished glancing through the backlog of his PMs. I figured I'd acknowledge the reason as there was a bit of chatter about his usual antics in the FFA at the time. Now may we never speak of it again.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:05 pm 

Other fast/casual fast food places that rule: Five Guys, Checkers, Burger King, Jake's Wayback Burger, and White Castle. Dairy Queen is also good if you're in a place that doesn't have Friendly's or you don't have the time for Friendly's. Speaking of which, Friendly's kicks all sorts of ass. I feel sorry for you non-east coast people that don't have it.

A place I've never really been too high on is Panera Bread. The food is too expensive and not of high enough quality to justify spending the money on it. The only reason I put up with the horrible prices at Five Guys is because of how excellent the burgers are.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:06 pm 

And so mindshadow bites the dust. I will not say do not weep, for not all tears are an evil. He shall not be missed.

Though I think we all must thank him for creating the verb "to mindshadow," even unwittingly.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:08 pm 

Beef tongue tacos are indeed brilliant. Comparing authentic Mexican tacos to Taco Bell is futile at best though, definitely with PhilFrog on that one. Two entirely different genres of food.

Re: Moe's Prices - they're only *slightly* more expensive than Chipotle or Baja Fresh, more like the prices at California Tortilla, which are their real competitors (not Taco Bell, home of the $2 meal deal and taco shells made out of goddamn Doritos). But considering that they have cage-free chicken and grass fed beef and shit like that, it's definitely worth the slight price hike over their TexMex fast casual competitors (the salsa bar ist krieg, too).

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

VoidApostle
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:10 pm 

This is the second time I make the last page of the FFA. Is my shitposting a bad omen?

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:15 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
Title sounds a bit clunky and forced. 6/10

Still better than "Sad Bans of Destiny's Child". If the thread title wasn't altered so quickly, we might've seen the first ever single-page FFA.

Also, a question for you: you're in Germany if I'm remembering correctly, right? If so, how long have you been learning English? Because your writing in the language is downright flawless, which always struck me as odd because most German ESL-speakers write like despondent robots on ADHD medication.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:16 pm 

VoidApostle wrote:
This is the second time I make the last page of the FFA. Is my shitposting a bad omen?

You have been marked. :tinfoil:

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:18 pm 

Subrick wrote:
Other fast/casual fast food places that rule: Five Guys, Checkers, Burger King, Jake's Wayback Burger, and White Castle. Dairy Queen is also good if you're in a place that doesn't have Friendly's or you don't have the time for Friendly's. Speaking of which, Friendly's kicks all sorts of ass. I feel sorry for you non-east coast people that don't have it.

A place I've never really been too high on is Panera Bread. The food is too expensive and not of high enough quality to justify spending the money on it. The only reason I put up with the horrible prices at Five Guys is because of how excellent the burgers are.

Many of the Friendly's locations around here were closed due to failing health inspections, so I've been put off from the chain by that. Duchess is the best regional place around here.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

I guess I will have to try harder than admitting I have no idea what GOT is or being mean to Metalbot. Also I may be guilty of not following commandment V

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

I dunno, when I started fencing one of the guys at our club was a recent-university graduate from Germany who came to travel America for a few months...I had no idea he was from abroad until he told me a few weeks after we met. (Obviously somewhat different from writing, but you get the point.)

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:22 pm 

Beef tongue is good. As is pork tongue. I bet they fit tacos nicely.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:24 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Many of the Friendly's locations around here were closed due to failing health inspections, so I've been put off from the chain by that. Duchess is the best regional place around here.

That sucks. The one in Bristol that I've been going to since I was a kid I don't recall ever having health inspection issues, so at least it's still standing and in mostly the same fashion as it was in the 90s and early 2000s (they added a pick up window a few years back that wasn't there at first).

Never heard of Duchess before. When I go down through your area on my way to Ghost in Poughkeepsie next week I might make a pit stop and try it out.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:24 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:
(the salsa bar ist krieg, too).

I've never been much of a germaphobe but I cannot fuck with the salsa bar at our Moes. It's right next to the drink fountain, and all the napkins/silverware/whatever else. It's just a complete debcale, shit everywhere, dried up salsa caked all over the counter. I just can't shake the idea that there are little kids digging in their butts and then dipping their hands all in the shit.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:25 pm 

White Castle is the one national chain I've never even set foot in...Always got the impression that it was an even sketchier, shittier version of McDonald's.

However, as a native Wisconsinite and former employee of the chain, I must give my devoted praise to the great Culver's. Cousin's is also awesome; nuts to Quizno's and Subway.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 694  Next