Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:04 pm 

Seriously? The court vacating the entire conviction is basically them saying "Well, since there was a violation during his trial, that means that all of the evidence is invalidated, untrue, and tainted, so he can't be retried ever!"

:durr: Shit like this is the reason why Metallica's "...and Justice for All" exists.

Luvers
Writes generic (and possibly meandering) posts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:49 pm 

SuperVeji4 wrote:
Man, its a very similar feeling to the OJ Simpson trial. You know how they say that when it comes to the justice system, "it's not what you know it's what you can prove in court"? Though I understand the concept intellectually, it's still supremely frustrating when you just know in your heart of hearts that the individual is guilty;
I am sorry but if you cannot show it, then you do not know it. If you ever state that you 'know' someone is guilty, that should only be due to evidence, the 'feelings' of anyone are irrelevant. Unless you want the US to revert back to the 17th century - where someone could be condemned and hanged on the testimony of spirits appearing in a dream - then this entire talking point is 'mic drop' with the line:

"The evidence that can send a human being to death ... better be THAT accurate."
SuperVeji4 wrote:
yet the system deems it unworthy to go ahead and actually convict due to some "technicality".
Deems feelings unworthy of placing legal stock in? Definitely.

In general no one should ever be convicted unless there is "an overwhelming preponderance of evidence, exclusively proven this one probability over any other." In this case, where there is no debate on the guilt, there is no justification for the courts letting their own legal ramblings screw themselves out of legal standing. It should be rather embarrassing for them.
SuperVeji4 wrote:
It honestly has me questioning and doubting everything.
What I question is how someone can put a price tag on their own self worth. Considering this case does not regard something seen on a Judge Judy but r - who admitted to the charges, so there is NO ambiguity - then there is no fucking way the crime should have seen civil action. You pursue a civil suit when someone rear ends your car, not when they rear end you.
SuperVeji4 wrote:
I was listening to a podcast recently (slightly right-wing), and one of the hosts said something like, "look, Cosby is most likely guilty and all, but if you love America you would accept this decision because it's fair." ...I honestly wanted to break that host's face...
Well then that host was just dumb. First; Cosby admitted to the wrongdoing, there is no likelihood of his guilt. Second; Being nationalistic is irrelevant to the situation and only ignorance would have that enter the dialogue. Third; there is nothing fair in this issue, at all.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:47 pm 

Before Karen, there was Carroll: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... e-sin.html
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:15 am 

We really don't need to pay any attention to the Daily Mail...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:35 pm 

For those that don't wanna give the Daily Mail hits or ad revenue:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/car ... 15717.html

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

black_metal_mountaineering
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:53 am 

I'm well pissed that that creep Cosby as out of jail on some stupid technicality. Just shows you though that if you have the money and the influence you can make things go your way.

Really feel for all his victims they must be absolutely distraught and re-traumatised by this.

I work in a 2nd hand bookshop and anything cosby goes straight into the bin

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:48 pm 

First time I'm hearing of Cosby's freedom. I continue to lose faith in humanity.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4