Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Gene Chode
Stupid

Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:06 pm
Posts: 91
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:51 am 
 

I think Tommy Wiseau , or the emperor of unintentional comedy as I call him , deserves a thread of his own . So here it goes :


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA3CI7ke59k
Youtube: show




I'll mostly be sharing his awesome lecture clips , but feel free to post about anything related to him .

Top
 Profile  
why
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 749
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:10 am 
 

This guy isn't even FFA material, because he doesn't deserve even more attention than he already has. Putting hackfrauds on a cult pedestal has never been beneficial to anyone.

However I can see where you're coming from, he does look like he's a member of a metal street gang.

Top
 Profile  
PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 7:08 pm
Posts: 7584
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:31 am 
 

:lol: hackfraud? fuck off. tommy is legitimately 100% himself at any given time. there's 0 fakeness or pretension. hell, The Room is as goodbad as it is because it's solely one man's vision, untainted by any outsider influence. i genuinely love that movie, unironically, cause of its honesty and weirdly innocent approach to things.
_________________
hats prices are at an all time low

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Top
 Profile  
theposega
Mezla

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:42 pm
Posts: 5126
Location: Neo-Allegheny City
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:36 am 
 

why wrote:
This guy isn't even FFA material, because he doesn't deserve even more attention than he already has. Putting hackfrauds on a cult pedestal has never been beneficial to anyone.


keep your stupid comments in your pocket
_________________
“If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” - Neil Breen

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 26635
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:10 am 
 

Yup, like Frog said, The Room is 100% genuine and actually kind of cool to watch because of that. Of course it's also batshit insane and doesn't make sense. But it's super endearing and interesting because there is nothing else like it. I'd rather watch it than, say, any James Wan/Zack Snyder/Eli Roth/etc movie.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: The Pyramid, Funny Games

Top
 Profile  
megalowho
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:33 am
Posts: 503
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:00 am 
 

The Room is a total blast. By far the best worst movie I've seen, superior even to Shark Attack 3: Megalodon (the source of my username). My friends and I went to multiple special showings, one with Tommy Wiseau there in person (I missed it unfortunately), another at midnight at some arts theater where people did the spoon-throwing etc. (Throw a spoon at the screen every time there's a framed spoon in the shot.) I'm also hyped for Disaster Artist.

I couldn't get into anything else I've seen that featured Tommy Wiseau. It was way too self-aware for the most part, whereas The Room was just a glorious surreal train-wreck out of nowhere. They tried to sell it as a "black comedy" after the fact, but that was obviously to save face.

theposega wrote:
keep your stupid comments in your pocket


:lol:

Does anyone know where I could find the Adult Swim version they showed about a decade ago on April Fools Day? The way they edit the sex scenes is quite funny.

Top
 Profile  
Thexhumed
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:26 pm
Posts: 1103
Location: Chile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:25 am 
 

This is probably the best Tommy Wiseau related thing I've ever seen:

Youtube: show
_________________
I watch LotR on a monthly basis
__________
My wantlist / Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:33 pm
Posts: 2737
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:41 am 
 

Tommy Wiseau us indeed a unique creature among men.

However, have you dared to hear of... Neil Breen?

Oh, I declare, if you know The Room and Birdemic, then the completion of this trifecta of filmmaking what-the-fucks is none other than Nevada real estate agent-cum-filmmaker, Neil Breen.

This Your Movie Sucks is a good intro to the man.

Youtube: show


Yes, one of his movies is on Amazon Prime... somehow. Also, one is, or was, completely free on YouTube.
_________________
Warm Fuzzy Cynical comics.
Warm Fuzzy Cynical Facebook page.

Top
 Profile  
PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 7:08 pm
Posts: 7584
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:01 pm 
 

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

so fucking good. watch the edited one on youtube cause the actual movie is way too long.
_________________
hats prices are at an all time low

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Top
 Profile  
theposega
Mezla

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:42 pm
Posts: 5126
Location: Neo-Allegheny City
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:22 pm 
 

i'm still mad as hell they took i am here....now off youtube. god, the alien chimp robo jesus (yes) costume is hysterical. and that sex scene where he keeps switching between being neil breen and the being the cyborg alien jesus ape is truly iconic. neil breen is a god among boys and his films are to be celebrated.
_________________
“If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” - Neil Breen

Top
 Profile  
FirebathDan
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:32 pm
Posts: 1187
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:31 pm 
 

The Room is one of the few movies I own a blu ray of. Mandatory viewing.

Despite the fact that I despise nearly everyone involved, I absolutely cannot fucking wait for The Disaster Artist. Here's the trailer:

Youtube: show


The book version is quite the read. Quite. The. Read.

I was also looking forward to the Room Full Of Spoons documentary, but Wiseau put the kibosh on that apparently.

I sat through his television show The Neighbors (at one point was only available via Hulu, no idea of it's current status), and it sadly didn't hold up. The retconning of The Room by Wiseau as an intentional "black comedy" (rather than the the earnestness of producing The Room as a serious romantic melodrama as per his original intent) must have gone to his head-now that everything he does has to be funny makes the TV show feel so unbelievably forced.

I also don't know what to make of this:

Youtube: show


And finally, alongside the Star Wars mashups, this never fails to crack me up:

Youtube: show


I suppose I'm slightly obsessed with this guy's work.

theposega wrote:
i'm still mad as hell they took i am here....now off youtube. god, the alien chimp robo jesus (yes) costume is hysterical. and that sex scene where he keeps switching between being neil breen and the being the cyborg alien jesus ape is truly iconic. neil breen is a god among boys and his films are to be celebrated.


Wiseau is known to be incredibly stingy with his likeness/IP on YouTube, especially if it exposes any truth about his background or paints him in even a slightly negative light.
_________________
Dark Sacrament
Cold Blank Stare
Coagulated Blood
Obliteration

Top
 Profile  
Gene Chode
Stupid

Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:06 pm
Posts: 91
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:19 pm 
 

Tommy on the American Dream : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unx3J1OdQVs

Top
 Profile  
Subrick
Metal freak

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 8148
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:25 am 
 

The Room is one of my favorite movies of all time for all the reasons already stated in this thread. It's a complete mess of a movie, a fever dream brought to life, but it's not like it's maliciously bad like many other shitty movies that have disgraced the world. It's like a naive, completely oblivious type of bad, the kind of bad only achieved by other bad movie auteurs like Ed Wood, Neil Breen and James Nguyen. It's kind of why Wiseau's post-Room material is just not as interesting; as mentioned before, because The Room is seen by so many as a funny bad movie, Tommy's trying to make intentionally funny stuff now, and it just does not work at all. It's the same reason Birdemic 2 doesn't work.

And yes, The Disaster Artist looks like gold just from the trailer. For those who want to read the book, the preferred way of doing it would be through the audiobook, as Greg Sestero does a spot-fucking-on impression of Tommy Wiseau whenever the latter is quoted. It absolutely makes the experience almost all by itself, even without regarding how excellent everything else in the book is.
_________________
Earthcubed wrote:
I'm just perpetually annoyed by Sean William Scott and he's never been in a movie where I wasn't rooting for his head to sever by strange means.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Top
 Profile  
Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:33 pm
Posts: 2737
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:55 am 
 

theposega wrote:
i'm still mad as hell they took i am here....now off youtube. god, the alien chimp robo jesus (yes) costume is hysterical. and that sex scene where he keeps switching between being neil breen and the being the cyborg alien jesus ape is truly iconic. neil breen is a god among boys and his films are to be celebrated.


I've only seen Fateful Findings so far, where he goes on an anti-laptop rampage over several scenes and he sets up supposed drama with comedic timing. There is literally a scene where he's walking up to his house talking to his girlfriend on the phone saying, "okay honey, I'm walking up to our house now. I'm coming to the front door, what's this? Why is your purse on the ground?" BEST. EXPOSITION. EVER.

That movie is hilariously awful. He develops magical powers to pass through walls in the end for no reason other than plot convenience. And it ends with the suicides of "prominent, powerful people in the government."

THE PRESIDENT OF THE BANK KILLS HIMSELF.

President. Of the bank.
_________________
Warm Fuzzy Cynical comics.
Warm Fuzzy Cynical Facebook page.

Top
 Profile  
Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:33 pm
Posts: 2737
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:06 am 
 

Subrick wrote:
The Room is one of my favorite movies of all time for all the reasons already stated in this thread. It's a complete mess of a movie, a fever dream brought to life, but it's not like it's maliciously bad like many other shitty movies that have disgraced the world. It's like a naive, completely oblivious type of bad, the kind of bad only achieved by other bad movie auteurs like Ed Wood, Neil Breen and James Nguyen. It's kind of why Wiseau's post-Room material is just not as interesting; as mentioned before, because The Room is seen by so many as a funny bad movie, Tommy's trying to make intentionally funny stuff now, and it just does not work at all. It's the same reason Birdemic 2 doesn't work.



Totally agree. Deliberately making "so bad it's good" movies is not something that can be done. It feels contrived and obvious. It's why "look at our funny bad movie" films like Sharknado are just hot fucking garbage.

A movie can only transcend badness if there was honest effort put into making it a good movie to begin with, only to run head-on into failure walls every step of the way.

Wiseau truly believed he was making a powerful dramatic piece, which he later attempted to rebrand as a black comedy despite the lack of intentional humor in the film.
Nguyen really wanted to deliver a powerful environmental message amidst some kind of misguided homage to The Birds.
Ed Wood really believed in the movies he was making and the stories he told, heavily evidenced with how he threw himself into the role for Glen or Glenda?
Neil Breen truly believes he's making edgy science fiction thrillers, where the hero just happens to just look like a real estate agent pushing 60, and is always a staggering moral superiority to everyone he meets.
Fertilizer salesman Harold Warren seriously thought it was easy to make a movie and believed he'd succeeded in crafting a solid contemporary horror story with Manos: The Hands of Fate.


Suffice to say, this is a formula that only works when honest effort collides with hilarious failure. Someone's dream really has to be crushed for this to work.
_________________
Warm Fuzzy Cynical comics.
Warm Fuzzy Cynical Facebook page.

Top
 Profile  
why
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 749
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:35 am 
 

Resident_Hazard wrote:
Subrick wrote:
The Room is one of my favorite movies of all time for all the reasons already stated in this thread. It's a complete mess of a movie, a fever dream brought to life, but it's not like it's maliciously bad like many other shitty movies that have disgraced the world. It's like a naive, completely oblivious type of bad, the kind of bad only achieved by other bad movie auteurs like Ed Wood, Neil Breen and James Nguyen. It's kind of why Wiseau's post-Room material is just not as interesting; as mentioned before, because The Room is seen by so many as a funny bad movie, Tommy's trying to make intentionally funny stuff now, and it just does not work at all. It's the same reason Birdemic 2 doesn't work.



Totally agree. Deliberately making "so bad it's good" movies is not something that can be done. It feels contrived and obvious. It's why "look at our funny bad movie" films like Sharknado are just hot fucking garbage.

A movie can only transcend badness if there was honest effort put into making it a good movie to begin with, only to run head-on into failure walls every step of the way.


Case in point: Samurai cop 1 vs Samurai Cop 2. (both are more worthy of anyone's time than "The Room" though. Hackfraud Tommy is making my head hurt. There's also a smell of patchouli in my nose whenever I see him onscreen... or just on a photo for that matter. yeah I have a problem with the guy)

Top
 Profile  
megalowho
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:33 am
Posts: 503
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:55 am 
 

A friend of mine tried to get laid by Greg Sestero. He wasn't into her, apparently. Either that, or it was another case of the, "What are you doing? I mean, the candles, the music, the sexy dress... What's going on here?"

Resident_Hazard wrote:
Deliberately making "so bad it's good" movies is not something that can be done. It feels contrived and obvious. It's why "look at our funny bad movie" films like Sharknado are just hot fucking garbage.

A movie can only transcend badness if there was honest effort put into making it a good movie to begin with, only to run head-on into failure walls every step of the way.


Spot on. An interesting corollary is that bad comedies are "just plain" bad, never laughably bad.

Top
 Profile  
Gene Chode
Stupid

Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:06 pm
Posts: 91
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:23 pm 
 

I'm a major fan of Tommy mainly because he's funny without ( at least seemingly ) trying to be . As others have probably mentioned , his seeming lack of self awareness is what really makes him a boss . Many people try to be funny on purpose , whereas Wiseau can make you laugh by saying a few simple lines .

For what it's worth I think it would be great if a movie was made about his life . Of course it's unlikely that that will happen ( with his permission anyways ) while he's still alive , but it should definitely be done eventually .

Top
 Profile  
why
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 749
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:28 pm 
 

Gene Chode wrote:
I'm a major fan of Tommy mainly because he's funny without ( at least seemingly ) trying to be . As others have probably mentioned , his seeming lack of self awareness is what really makes him a boss . Many people try to be funny on purpose , whereas Wiseau can make you laugh by saying a few simple lines .

For what it's worth I think it would be great if a movie was made about his life . Of course it's unlikely that that will happen ( with his permission anyways ) while he's still alive , but it should definitely be done eventually .


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Disaster_Artist_(film)

Top
 Profile  
Gene Chode
Stupid

Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:06 pm
Posts: 91
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:25 am 
 

why wrote:
Gene Chode wrote:
I'm a major fan of Tommy mainly because he's funny without ( at least seemingly ) trying to be . As others have probably mentioned , his seeming lack of self awareness is what really makes him a boss . Many people try to be funny on purpose , whereas Wiseau can make you laugh by saying a few simple lines .

For what it's worth I think it would be great if a movie was made about his life . Of course it's unlikely that that will happen ( with his permission anyways ) while he's still alive , but it should definitely be done eventually .


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Disaster_Artist_(film)



Disaster Artist isn't about his life , its about the making of The Room .

Top
 Profile  
Subrick
Metal freak

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 8148
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:09 am 
 

Well, it's half about the making of the movie and half an autobiography of Greg Sestero and how his friendship with Tommy factors into his life. There's a whole chapter where Tommy's backstory is explored, with the contents kind of explaining why he's so secretive and protective of his personal history.
_________________
Earthcubed wrote:
I'm just perpetually annoyed by Sean William Scott and he's never been in a movie where I wasn't rooting for his head to sever by strange means.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Top
 Profile  
Yahko
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:27 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:21 am 
 

Since the trailer, "The Disaster Artist" I had to watch the original "The Room" to be prepared.

In my honest opinion, and I say it very slightly, - I think Tommy has some sort of disability or some sort of brain damage, that he might not know about or anyone else in that matter. His ability to understand what bad acting and good acting is, his brain simly cant distinguish the two. Thats my belief on why he acts the way he does.
_________________
Gilgamesh Indaflesh wrote:
boy was that some symbolism for your ass

Top
 Profile  
Gene Chode
Stupid

Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:06 pm
Posts: 91
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:43 pm 
 

Subrick wrote:
Well, it's half about the making of the movie and half an autobiography of Greg Sestero and how his friendship with Tommy factors into his life. There's a whole chapter where Tommy's backstory is explored, with the contents kind of explaining why he's so secretive and protective of his personal history.



True but I think it would be swell if a movie were made about Tommy's life from the very beginning . One that would portray his childhood in Poland as well as the time he spent in France and Louisiana . It's not likely that such a movie will be made in the foreseeable future , but it would be interesting nonetheless .

Top
 Profile  
Folkemon_
Veteran

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:43 pm
Posts: 2932
Location: Triggered
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:15 pm 
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e50qCFqZMMk&t=923s

This is a good review of the Room that shows why it's so great and not just absolute shit put out to rake in money like the Sharknado sequels
_________________
everything is sexist, everything is racist, everything is homophobic and you have to point it all out

Top
 Profile  
Subrick
Metal freak

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 8148
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:57 am 
 

Gene Chode wrote:
Subrick wrote:
Well, it's half about the making of the movie and half an autobiography of Greg Sestero and how his friendship with Tommy factors into his life. There's a whole chapter where Tommy's backstory is explored, with the contents kind of explaining why he's so secretive and protective of his personal history.



True but I think it would be swell if a movie were made about Tommy's life from the very beginning . One that would portray his childhood in Poland as well as the time he spent in France and Louisiana . It's not likely that such a movie will be made in the foreseeable future , but it would be interesting nonetheless .


He'd immediately put the kibosh on that. There's no way we'll ever get a Tommy Wiseau autobiographical movie while he's still alive. Honestly, The Disaster Artist is probably the closest we'll ever get to it in the first place.
_________________
Earthcubed wrote:
I'm just perpetually annoyed by Sean William Scott and he's never been in a movie where I wasn't rooting for his head to sever by strange means.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Top
 Profile  
circleofdestruction
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:15 am
Posts: 1060
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:12 am 
 

This thread inspired me to buy a DVD of it. I watched it on Adult Swim years ago, haven't seen it since.
_________________
CircleOfDestruction zine #18|Video-Nasties.net | My Art Site

Top
 Profile  
FirebathDan
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:32 pm
Posts: 1187
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:38 am 
 

Subrick wrote:
Gene Chode wrote:
True but I think it would be swell if a movie were made about Tommy's life from the very beginning . One that would portray his childhood in Poland as well as the time he spent in France and Louisiana . It's not likely that such a movie will be made in the foreseeable future , but it would be interesting nonetheless .


He'd immediately put the kibosh on that. There's no way we'll ever get a Tommy Wiseau autobiographical movie while he's still alive. Honestly, The Disaster Artist is probably the closest we'll ever get to it in the first place.


This is supposedly what the for now shelved documentary Room Full Of Spoons covers, at least in part-Tommy's true back story. Wiseau was actually a willing participant at one point, but there was an apparent falling out and we know how that ends up.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4177972/?ref_=nv_sr_1
_________________
Dark Sacrament
Cold Blank Stare
Coagulated Blood
Obliteration

Top
 Profile  
Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:22 pm
Posts: 4555
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:48 am 
 

Yahko wrote:
In my honest opinion, and I say it very slightly, - I think Tommy has some sort of disability or some sort of brain damage, that he might not know about or anyone else in that matter. His ability to understand what bad acting and good acting is, his brain simly cant distinguish the two. Thats my belief on why he acts the way he does.


I haven't read The Disaster Artist yet, but doesn't Greg say that Tommy had been in a car accident at some point? Brain damage would definitely explain his slouched face, slurred speech (that's more than just an eastern european accent) and apparently hair-trigger temper.
_________________
demonomania wrote:
A gritty "Leprechaun In the IRA" reboot sounds pretty awesome, actually. Sample line - "Come have a taste of me lucky ARMS!"

NEW Valcove album Forge @ https://valcove.bandcamp.com/album/forge. For fans of Aphex Twin, Autechre, ambient techno

Top
 Profile  
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:46 pm
Posts: 9275
Location: At the Heat of Winter
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:56 pm 
 

This guy was the worst part of Samurai Cop 2, and that is really saying something.
_________________
nuclearskull wrote:
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Subrick
Metal freak

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 8148
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:40 pm 
 

Smoking_Gnu wrote:
I haven't read The Disaster Artist yet, but doesn't Greg say that Tommy had been in a car accident at some point? Brain damage would definitely explain his slouched face, slurred speech (that's more than just an eastern european accent) and apparently hair-trigger temper.


He was indeed in a pretty bad car accident many years ago in California. He was fucked up something fierce and was in the hospital for several weeks. I don't recall the book going much further than that though, nor does it speculate on this being partially why Tommy is the way Tommy is, but it's a definite possibility.
_________________
Earthcubed wrote:
I'm just perpetually annoyed by Sean William Scott and he's never been in a movie where I wasn't rooting for his head to sever by strange means.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Top
 Profile  
Gene Chode
Stupid

Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:06 pm
Posts: 91
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:05 pm 
 

Our man Wiseau on the subjects of success and comedy :


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afZV98nlxC4
Youtube: show

Top
 Profile  
Gene Chode
Stupid

Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:06 pm
Posts: 91
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:17 pm 
 

The way Sestero pulls this off is priceless :


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ6mdxbCHI0[youtube][/youtube]


:lol:

Top
 Profile  
GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:36 pm
Posts: 2710
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:35 pm 
 

Resident_Hazard wrote:
Tommy Wiseau us indeed a unique creature among men.

However, have you dared to hear of... Neil Breen?

Oh, I declare, if you know The Room and Birdemic, then the completion of this trifecta of filmmaking what-the-fucks is none other than Nevada real estate agent-cum-filmmaker, Neil Breen.

This Your Movie Sucks is a good intro to the man.

Youtube: show


Yes, one of his movies is on Amazon Prime... somehow. Also, one is, or was, completely free on YouTube.

Thank you for this. This is incredible.
_________________
Ismetal wrote:
GuntherTheUndying IS THE GAY NUMBER 1, HE DOESNT LIKE TO READ THE TRUTH, SO I THINK THIS PAGE IS FOR GAYS WHO WANTS TO READ MESSAGES LIKE "I LOVE MY BAND", "THEY ARE MY LOVE"

Thrashpit
Last FM! - New Profile!

Top
 Profile  
Turner
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:04 am
Posts: 1972
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:27 pm 
 

The Room is a good "bad movie" but Wiseau's reimagining of himself as a comedic genius after it exploded for all the wrong reasons is just annoying. He's not funny at all - The Room is funny because he wanted it to be a drama. Now he's trying to be funny at every turn and it's just awful to watch.

Top
 Profile  
Earthcubed
The Great Fearmonger

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:44 am
Posts: 3744
Location: eccaira nare epë Anar
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:37 pm 
 

GuntherTheUndying wrote:
Thank you for this. This is incredible.


They cut out the best line from the "suicide" scene, dammit.

Click here for the timestamp (it's around 9:05)

https://youtu.be/d2BKT-8FD4s?t=533
_________________
iamntbatman wrote:
On Friday I passed an important milestone in my teaching career: a student shat himself

FloristOfVampyrism wrote:
That wasn't meant as a k.o. though, he specifically targeted an area of the cerebellum which, if ruptured, renders you a Jehovah's witness indefinitely

Top
 Profile  
theposega
Mezla

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:42 pm
Posts: 5126
Location: Neo-Allegheny City
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:54 pm 
 

I'M GONNA SHOOT THIS DAMN CAR ALL FULLA HOLES

neil fucking breen. total legend.
_________________
“If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” - Neil Breen

Top
 Profile  
Gene Chode
Stupid

Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:06 pm
Posts: 91
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:05 am 
 

Turner wrote:
The Room is a good "bad movie" but Wiseau's reimagining of himself as a comedic genius after it exploded for all the wrong reasons is just annoying. He's not funny at all - The Room is funny because he wanted it to be a drama. Now he's trying to be funny at every turn and it's just awful to watch.



I'd say it's very hard to tell whether Wiseau is trying to be funny or not . The man is probably among the top 10 most eccentric well known people today , which is why I'm such a big fan of his material .

Top
 Profile  
~Guest 226319
President Satan

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:41 am
Posts: 6572
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:25 am 
 

It's got to be said bluntly: Wiseau is a POSER! He was a poser serious filmmaker and now he's a poser comedian. He's constantly tried to grab onto as much undeserved fame and credibility as possible and has been able to only because the internet deigned to notice one wack film as opposed to a million others. Anyone who is a fan of Wiseau is a fan of a POSER!

Top
 Profile  
Gene Chode
Stupid

Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:06 pm
Posts: 91
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:17 pm 
 

John_Sunlight wrote:
It's got to be said bluntly: Wiseau is a POSER! He was a poser serious filmmaker and now he's a poser comedian. He's constantly tried to grab onto as much undeserved fame and credibility as possible and has been able to only because the internet deigned to notice one wack film as opposed to a million others. Anyone who is a fan of Wiseau is a fan of a POSER!


Poser ? I was under the impression that the word poser only has relevance when applied to music . That said I don't see what's wrong with liking poser filmmakers . I mean doing so is far more forgivable than liking Bon Jovi IMO .

Top
 Profile  
PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 7:08 pm
Posts: 7584
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:58 pm 
 

Image

confirmed Marvel cannon
_________________
hats prices are at an all time low

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group