Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:35 pm 

How can i change/add a sig?

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:49 pm 

At the top of the forum: User Control Panel > Profile > Edit signature

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Karpanians
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:07 pm 

Thanks a lot :)

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:39 am 

On that note, can you see my sig when I post? Because I've added one, and I can't see it myself.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:30 am 

No. You need to set "Attach my signature by default:" to yes in your UCP.

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:08 am 

Azmodes wrote:
No. You need to set "Attach my signature by default:" to yes in your UCP.

Bingo. You're a babe :wink:
the dismal stench of The Chicken Bone Gallows on the Plains of Mediocre Desolation was unleashed upon the unsuspecting world by the unholy rusty lawnmower molester horde that is Satan's Prenuptial Charcuterie from the endless field of tombs that is Butthill, Alabama

Karpanians
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:21 pm 

To continue with the questions about signatures, how do I add a quote to my sig? Also, how do I add something to my collection?

AddWittyUsername
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:46 pm 

Adding a quote to your sig: same way you add any other sig, except with the relevant quote formatting. Assuming that what you want to quote is a post on this forum, the easiest way is probably clicking "quote" on the post you wanna quote, copy that mark-up, then paste in the signature field (&remove whatever text you don't actually want to quote).

Adding something to your collection: Move to the release you want to add, click the tools icon (the one that looks like a wrench) just below release name&band name at the top-left of the page. You get a drop-down menu. Second option's "Add to your collection".

Karpanians
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:50 pm 

Thanks a lot :)

cranial crusher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:58 pm 

What happened to mrmetalhead, why was he banned? I've seen him around for a long time and still see him quite often, mainly flagging reports and he seems pretty much active on his work, but still have zero points and fred durst rank :???:

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:38 am 

He was banned years ago for (repeat) blacklist evasion. You still see him around because banned users can still make reports.

cranial crusher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:52 am 

Hmm, got it, he may flag reports but no points are earnd. Are these banishment permanent?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:00 pm 

Yes.

cranial crusher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:30 am 

Is it possible to know when I created my profile in the main site and when I achieved each rank so far?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:39 am 

Your site profile was created on May 20th, 2012. As for rank history, that's not something I can view, but maybe the owners have that sort of data at their disposal. You could try contacting them through the webmaster email address.

The invaluable Wayback Machine might be able to help narrow it down at least.

cranial crusher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:48 am 

Alright, thanks!

The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:48 am 

Wanted to know this from a long long time. What happened to christkiller? Heard he was a moderator too. Why does his rank say 'Dishounourably Discharged?'
Has he been banned or something ?

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:00 pm 

CK was a Belgian who was an incredibly active user. At one point he was offered to become a moderator, and for a while was staff here. He wasn't a particularly friendly person, and treated other users poorly. He was eventually let go and banned. By this point he had acquired way more points than anyone had at the time, due to his significant contributions to the site. It was decided that his points wouldn't be stripped from him, but that having someone who was banned in the top spot on the user ranking list was probably not a good idea, as it might suggest that the "Fred Durst" rank was the highest one worth attaining. So he was given the title of "Dishonourably Discharged" for that reason. It's not longer as relevant these days, simply because he is no longer the top single user with the most points; that honour now goes to artery.

Back in the V1 days it was not as easy to track users and their attempts to evade bans as it is today. Little did we know that he had other numerous accounts that he used for a myriad of reasons. Like he had accounts for different personas; one that makes it appear that he's a Hungarian, or Austrian, or French, or so on. Others that made him appear younger or older. Your guess is as good as mine, but it seems some accounts were used more commonly for trades, while others perhaps were used to make it seem like he was from a certain country, maybe to suggest to people within those countries that he's a trustworthy member of the local scene. Who knows? Many of these accounts were active at once. We later learned about this, and CK knew we knew, but well, he didn't really do much other than edit the site so it no longer bothered us that he was evading his ban and doing this.

He stayed relatively active for many years after his original ban. His activity seems to have died out after 2016 though. Around that time, it appears a woman's account became tied to his, so maybe he finally met someone and is too busy living the family life to contribute to MA anymore? Or, maybe his sources for new information dried up? Or, maybe he's just finally moved on from MA? No idea. He might eventually return. We'll see.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018

~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:50 pm 

Hey Derigin, do you know exactly what happened to Alhadis? It was an excellent mod, at least the ones that my beautiful dark brown eyes saw for a long time, and then suddenly he disappeared from this site since from 2016, end of August to be more exact and his rank only says Metal lord (retired) :/

The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:52 pm 

Derigin wrote:
CK was a Belgian who was an incredibly active user. At one point he was offered to become a moderator, and for a while was staff here. He wasn't a particularly friendly person, and treated other users poorly. He was eventually let go and banned. By this point he had acquired way more points than anyone had at the time, due to his significant contributions to the site. It was decided that his points wouldn't be stripped from him, but that having someone who was banned in the top spot on the user ranking list was probably not a good idea, as it might suggest that the "Fred Durst" rank was the highest one worth attaining. So he was given the title of "Dishonourably Discharged" for that reason. It's not longer as relevant these days, simply because he is no longer the top single user with the most points; that honour now goes to artery.

I hope he didn't involve in vandalism though.

Derigin wrote:
Back in the V1 days it was not as easy to track users and their attempts to evade bans as it is today. Little did we know that he had other numerous accounts that he used for a myriad of reasons. Like he had accounts for different personas; one that makes it appear that he's a Hungarian, or Austrian, or French, or so on. Others that made him appear younger or older. Your guess is as good as mine, but it seems some accounts were used more commonly for trades, while others perhaps were used to make it seem like he was from a certain country, maybe to suggest to people within those countries that he's a trustworthy member of the local scene. Who knows? Many of these accounts were active at once. We later learned about this, and CK knew we knew, but well, he didn't really do much other than edit the site so it no longer bothered us that he was evading his ban and doing this.

He stayed relatively active for many years after his original ban. His activity seems to have died out after 2016 though. Around that time, it appears a woman's account became tied to his, so maybe he finally met someone and is too busy living the family life to contribute to MA anymore? Or, maybe his sources for new information dried up? Or, maybe he's just finally moved on from MA? No idea. He might eventually return. We'll see.

Now, that's an incredible story. Was it not possible to ban his IP Address or something. How did he make so many different accounts is beyond me. Very smart mind I must say.

God knows he might return someday..

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:20 pm 

ThStealthP wrote:
Hey Derigin, do you know exactly what happened to Alhadis? It was an excellent mod, at least the ones that my beautiful dark brown eyes saw for a long time, and then suddenly he disappeared from this site since from 2016, end of August to be more exact and his rank only says Metal lord (retired) :/

We don't really know. He hasn't really talked to any of us in ages. But judging by his Github, he appears to be alive, and we hope that with whatever he's doing these days that he's happy and doing well.

Maybe he's just moved on, and that's perfectly OK. We don't want people harassing him over it.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:02 pm 

Will there be a MAv3?

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:39 pm 

Does anyone know how to change the Rank in Forum?
Why is "metal newbie" listed under my username in Forum. I see under Derigin's name it's 'Mountain Man' and many other users have different names.

Is there any option to change this?

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:47 pm 

Is it just me, or has the site been running really slow lately? Even the forums aren’t as active as they usually are. I wonder why that is? Seems like it should be more active, with everyone being forced to stay at home.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:51 pm 

The_Black_Priest wrote:
Why is "metal newbie" listed under my username in Forum. I see under Derigin's name it's 'Mountain Man' and many other users have different names.

You have to ask the powers that be for a custom rank. Otherwise it's based on your post count.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:53 pm 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
The_Black_Priest wrote:

You have to ask the powers that be for a custom rank. Otherwise it's based on your post count.

Oh, can you do it? I see you are a Metal Lord. Or should I have to contact Hellblazer or Morrigan for that?

The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:55 pm 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
Is it just me, or has the site been running really slow lately? Even the forums aren’t as active as they usually are. I wonder why that is? Seems like it should be more active, with everyone being forced to stay at home.

That question is even in my mind since the last few days. It seems the site is running really slow. Used to get Instant replies for certain querries in the past. But, its no longer the case now.

I have 3 unanswered posts. I requested a review for a band from India. No-body replied. I also requested for a feedback of my review! No one answered.

And that's rather strange.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:58 pm 

I can't do it. You would need to ask an admin, so either the owners, derigin, or I believe Azmodes too. Just PM them, alternatively if you ever want your user name changed you would need to contact the owners.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:06 pm 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
I can't do it. You would need to ask an admin, so either the owners, derigin, or I believe Azmodes too. Just PM them, alternatively if you ever want your user name changed you would need to contact the owners.

Thanks mate. I have already changed my username once though. Hellblazer helped me out then.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:23 pm 

A few of us got a custom rank for doing/saying noteworthy. I did not choose mine but its tied to a funny story involving me and MA regulars.

The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:26 pm 

tomcat_ha wrote:
A few of us got a custom rank for doing/saying noteworthy. I did not choose mine but its tied to a funny story involving me and MA regulars.

AH, I see. And what are those noteworthy things?
Adding bands is definitely not I presume.

Anyways I won't bother the administrators for such a request though. Would look odd.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:26 am 

General rule is that your custom rank is either something you chose yourself or it's a joke at your expense. "Saying/doing something noteworthy" basically means "publicly making an ass of yourself".
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:48 am 

BastardHead wrote:
General rule is that your custom rank is either something you chose yourself or it's a joke at your expense. "Saying/doing something noteworthy" basically means "publicly making an ass of yourself".

Was that for me?

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:22 am 

wait. I thought CK was eventually re-modded under one of his "later" accounts... no? there was some talk of him being forgiven and allowed back in as he contributes so much to the site, etc. and then one of his accounts became top dog. did I hallucinate this?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:15 am 

He came back with multiple accounts (at the same time), but none of them were modded. He's Tueur, Zorg85 and a dozen or so others.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:15 am 

apologies. my bad. all this time I thought it was him...

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:22 pm 

The_Black_Priest wrote:
BastardHead wrote:

Was that for me?

Yours is not a custom rank. Yours is a standard rank, one of those that changes with the post count.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:35 pm 

tomcat_ha wrote:

Once in a blue moon I remember the screenshots of that event and it still brings a massive smile to my face.

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:09 pm 

bit of a support question (please pile in if I've missed the obvious place to ask) - but on my messages interface, I have sent items, and outbox - I have two items in the outbox - does this mean that they're not sent, same as it does with email programmes ?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:41 pm 

Outbox means the recipient hasn't viewed them yet.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next