Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:54 pm 

Blanchard is so goddamn talented as a worker that it makes me wish she wasn't such a horrible trash person. Every locker room she's been a part of has hated her, and not in the "clearly working the rubes" Sami Callihan kind of way. I'm glad Impact cut bait, but it's such a shame that Kylie Rae's mental health took horrid turns because she would've been the perfect woman to build the company around. Not just the Knockouts division, the entire company.

Seconding Toni Storm as a face. My only exposure to her was in Progress before their WWE deal, so I can't comment on how she's been since WWE made deals with Progress/ICW and signed all the best UK talent, but she always seemed like the mirror universe of Alexa Bliss, right down to being a solid face and good wrestler (whereas Bliss is a great heel and a subpar wrestler).

Of course, I could just be talking out my ass. I barely watch any product anymore, between not having the time (infant son) and not caring for most modern wrestling (because when I know a match won't end after a big bump 3 minutes in then I just stop giving a fuck).

darkeningday wrote:
I haven't saw any of the Seen movies.

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:12 am 

Was it confirmed that Kylie Rae had mental health issues? I didn’t really read much about her no-showing events other than she was unreliable, so I’m genuinely curious
Imagine getting pounded on the side of the head with a rather average-sized brick approximately four times a second for a half-hour while a vacuum cleaner is turned to maximum volume in the background. That's Marduk for ya.

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:21 am 

She has mental health issues. Nobody knows the exact specifics of what her issues are (she has made posts online before about dealing with anxiety, major depression, and eating disorders), but it's what made her quit AEW after one appearance (and thus fucking up their plans, as it was pretty clear that she was gonna be one of the top two regular women in the company along with Britt Baker), and it's what made her quit Impact and retire right before she was gonna win their belt.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:29 am 

That sucks, hopefully she gets better. There was something about the way she carried herself that was infectious to the fans, myself included
Imagine getting pounded on the side of the head with a rather average-sized brick approximately four times a second for a half-hour while a vacuum cleaner is turned to maximum volume in the background. That's Marduk for ya.

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:53 am 

She had Bayley in NXT energy. Pure, infectious positivity, matched with being a pretty darn good worker, and people loved her for the very brief period she was around. This is my own theory, but I think beyond the qualities I mentioned before there was also a sense that AEW, a company that had yet to establish itself as much of anything at that point, probably would not completely fuck Kylie up the way WWE fucked Bayley up for so long at that point. Bayley was regularly discussed as being a possible female Cena for WWE throughout her NXT run. Instead, main roster booking happened and she was killed in less than a year, only recovering after turning heel in 2019 and being the 1b behind Becky. Even then, the moment she finally lost to Sasha and was shuffled out of the title picture, she started getting shit on again, including tapping clean to fucking Natalya in less than 10 minutes and going on a losing streak.

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:09 am 

That goddamn main roster booking... Sometimes I really wonder if it’s as bad as WCW 2000-2001

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:55 pm 

It's worse. At least things happened and people got legitimate pushes in the dying days of WCW. Say what you want, but legitimizing Booker T and Scott Steiner in the ME, elevating Lance Storm and Hugh Morrus to the upper midcard, the monster push of 3Count and the Natural Born Thrillers, and even allowing the Cat to talk more were all great decisions. The last WCW PPV, Greed, is legitimately one of the best WCW shows all around.

darkeningday wrote:

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:29 pm 

Raw is unwatchable at the moment. It is such a dragging show. 3 hours is far too long. There's no main baby face to lead the company, and they really haven't had one since John Cena. They let their best heel go last year, and nobody has stepped up to replace him. Roman Reigns might be able to do it, but time will tell. The promos are dreadful. The storylines are completely baffling. Everything about it right now just fucking sucks.

WCW in 2000-01 was terrible also, but it at least had memorable feuds and stories. WWE at the moment doesn't even have that.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:48 pm 

That's disappointing. I'm glad the Network exists, I can revisit old WCW and ECW shows and PPVs when I'm not watching NJPW

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

EldritchSun
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:21 am 

My only wrestling panorama nowadays is Botchamania.

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:42 pm 

gestapothrash wrote:
That's disappointing. I'm glad the Network exists, I can revisit old WCW and ECW shows and PPVs when I'm not watching NJPW

Given that the Network versions of ECW shows edit out all of the music, a lot of the cursing, blood, and other adult-oriented elements of the product...you may be better off just paying RFVideo money for copies of the original airings.

darkeningday wrote:

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:47 pm 

I have a fair share of ECW videos and DVD’s that have all that in, and to be honest the music rights stuff doesn’t really bother me all that much. When they censor chairshots to the head, that’s when my jimmies get rustled.

On a side note, is anyone into classic deathmatch wrestling? IWA, FMW, BJW (not a fan of non-Japanese promotions, modern US deathmatch wrestling is too “outlaw mudshow in front of 4 people” for my liking

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:33 pm 

Deathmatches were a rite of passage back in the day, so of course I have a few FMW tapes, and I've seen the classic IWA KotDM tourney that made Cactus Jack into a big deal. I grew out of that style fairly quickly, though, in large part to how boring so much of it is. You don't realize just how dull a performer can be until they're in a position where they think all they have to do is bleed a little, so they just casually send themselves through lighttubes and barbed wire and shit.

Put another way, there's way too many people inspired by Mr. Pogo and not enough who understood why Onita was so popular.

darkeningday wrote:

InnesI
The Goat Fucker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:01 pm 

gestapothrash wrote:
I have a fair share of ECW videos and DVD’s that have all that in, and to be honest the music rights stuff doesn’t really bother me all that much. When they censor chairshots to the head, that’s when my jimmies get rustled.

On a side note, is anyone into classic deathmatch wrestling? IWA, FMW, BJW (not a fan of non-Japanese promotions, modern US deathmatch wrestling is too “outlaw mudshow in front of 4 people” for my liking

I generally despide death match wrestling but I used to love FMW back in the late 90's. Sure they had their fair share of just crazy brutality but the main events were usually built up well and made good use of ring psychology. The little I've seen from the over the top death match feds (both in the US and in Japan dismiss this completely however. They only go for the gore stuff.

Megumi Kudo did this very well and the matches could be amazing. Onita also could get the crowd into the match in a unique way (even though the matches themselves were rarely any good there was at least some substance to them).
Metal Archives resident goat fucker. Since adopting the name InnesI online I've also been called a satanist, communist, right wing, nazi-apologist, fascist, muslim, muslim lover, PC and neoliberal! Feel free to add your projection too. :-)

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:24 pm 

Kudo/Toyoda is a top 20 match for me. Beautiful, emotional, and poetically barbaric.

darkeningday wrote:

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:22 pm 

Re: ECW's hackjob on the Network

Boy, am I about to make all of yous guys' days.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

I present to you the ECW Restoration Project. Members of the /wooo/ message board, over the last 2 years, have gone through the various ECW PPVs, supercards, and TV shows and restored them to their original release/airings in HD. They used the Network uploads of the shows as the base, and added in appropriate elements from commercially released VHS tapes and DVDs, airings taped off TV, bootleg releases, etc. All the original entrances, with music, are there, as well as all the ad breaks, promos, camera shots (the Network changes camera angles for various shows for some reason), commentary, even the after-show recap music videos that later ECW PPVs had are there. Think of it as the wrestling equivalent to the fan projects that restored both Daria and Beavis and Butt-Head to their original forms, after the DVD releases of those shows cut out all the music and fire references. As of this writing, everything that WWE has put up on the Network for ECW is represented in the project (every PPV, including non-PPV supercards from 1994-1996, and the full runs of both ECW Hardcore TV and ECW on TNN), as well as numerous supercards that aren't on the Network, like Super Summer Sizzler, Ultra Clash 93, Born to be Wired, Wrestlepalooza 97, House Party 1999, and Cyberslam 1999. There are also some extra bits in there that are quite rare, such as Terry Funk's infamous "retirement" show that was detailed in Beyond the Mat, and the full pilot of Eastern Championship Wrestling from 1992.

Just keep in mind that if you do decide to download any of these, the collective file size for everything in here is absolutely enormous. Owing to both the number of shows here and the general size of HD video, there's gotta be at least a couple hundred GB in total here. Most of the PPVs and supercards are only available on Mega, with very few of them being available to watch through Google Drive or Internet Archive. Luckily, the Hardcore TV and TNN restorations are fully available on Internet Archive, and there are torrent links in there for all this stuff as well.

Hopefully y'all get a kick out of this.

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:01 pm 

^ holy shit Subrick, the holy grail

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:55 pm 

...I may actually cry over this...

E C FUCKING W

darkeningday wrote:

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:15 am 

I found it in summer 2019 completely on accident. I don't even remember the Google search that led me to the original thread about it, but at the time it was just the PPVs and three pre-Barely Legal supercards (Hardcore Heaven 95, November to Remember 95, Cyberslam 96, which is what the Network had up for ECW supercards at the time). To see it blossom into such a large scale thing is really cool, as now a pretty decent chunk of ECW is available to watch whenever I want, unchanged, in HD.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:30 pm 

Just reminding everyone that AEW Revolution is tonight, featuring a main event of Kenny Omega vs. Jon Moxley for the AEW World Championship in, for real, an Exploding Barbed Wire Death Match. Also, Sting's first match in AEW, teaming with Darby Allin vs. Team Taz in a street fight.

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:47 pm 

Subrick wrote:
Just reminding everyone that AEW Revolution is tonight, featuring a main event of Kenny Omega vs. Jon Moxley for the AEW World Championship in, for real, an Exploding Barbed Wire Death Match. Also, Sting's first match in AEW, teaming with Darby Allin vs. Team Taz in a street fight.

Sooooo pumped for that match, takes me back to IWA and FMW days, always wanted to see a traditional deathmatch in an American promotion that wasn’t CZW light tube crap

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

FirebathDan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:15 pm 

https://thehighcrusade.bandcamp.com/album/main-statement
Obliteration

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:14 pm 

That’s a star studded lineup right there

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:05 pm 

Wow it's been a long time since I came to the forums. Remember me?

AEW has lost some quality in the last 8 months or so imo.

The company was pretty hot until the early weeks of Moxley's championship win. Then the quality began slipping off a bit.

Tbh the pandemic didn't help. Wrestling without an audience is really hard to watch. AEW have tried to do some damage control from the beginning by putting some people in the audience in the front lines. But WWE was depressing as hell when they were doing those shows without a single soul in the audience.

I think AEW still hadn't fully established its younger wrestlers yet. So I feel like the company still lacks some star power. Moxley and especially Jericho were already two established names every wrestling fan knows. And Omega also made a namenfor himself in Japan.

Veterans like Christian, Sting and Paul Wight are always a good addition to a wrestling company, but again they're veterans. I expect them to help build new stars. Kinda like TNA had a mix of veterans and young blood back in the 2000s. You might have had guys like Jeff Jarrett and Kurt Angle as champions, but guys AJ Styles and Samoa Joe were also up and comers building their legacies.

MJF is the most impressive of the youngsters in AEW for me. I like Orange Cassidy too, but he's more of the comedy character type.

AEW also could use some improvement on its women's division. Tessa Blanchard would be the perfect addition to their division. A shame she seems to burn bridges with every company she's worked with though. She's a great wrestler for her age and I really enjoy her work. But she does seems to be a bit of a bitch. Oh well. Can't blame AEW for not wanting to sign someone like that.

As for WWE, I haven't bothered to watch any of their shows since the pandemic began. So I just keep up through YouTube and twitter. I see Lashley, McIntyre and The Miz were all WWE champions recently. Meh the world titles in WWE have been so passed around and watered down in the past 12 years or so that I no longer really care who has them. And that is pretty sad. This is the biggest wrestling company in the world we're talking about here. And they let their top belts devalue like that by tossing them around like got potatoes. Remember when only a select few guys per generation got to be WWE champions and when it felt like a pipedream for guys like Ken Kennedy, Jeff Hardy and Carlito to win it? Or hell, even someone like Jericho after 2002? Nowadays I feel like LITERALLY ANYONE can be a world champion in WWE as long as they stick around long enough.

That's another positive thing I can say about AEW. They've reminded me of how a company should treat its most important championship. There's only been 3 world champions in the company so far and they've all been credible enough to carry the strap. And I can't imagine 90% of the current roster winning that belt. A wrestling company needs a hierarchy in the roster. WWE fucked up really badly with their stupid 50/50 booking in the past several years which led to the current situation where everyone feels like a midcarder.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:48 am 

AEW has been such a disappointment. I really wanted to have a legitimate alternative to WWE. Instead, we've been handed a shit alternative to crap. As far as I can tell, instead of a team of writers drafting inane stories, we have the wrestlers drafting inane stories. Jericho was actually a great champion, but since then, he's been awful. Everyone has been awful. There's no storytelling in the matches, and it's become something like Attitude-lite. As if what WWF would have been in 1999 sans Austin, The Rock and the other top stars of the time. So many run ins, so much comedy and so many matches where everyone needs to get every move in over matches that actually tell a story.

AEW is too far gone now to change. It's got it's fans, and that's fine. It's an alternative to WWE in the same way Impact is an alternative to WWE.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:17 am 

Safe to say a lot of people including myself feel the same way. I was pretty much hoping for a NJPW kind of product in the US, including their legendary camera angles, but it appears to be no real different to the product TNA was serving up when they were at their peak

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:17 pm 

I've never expected an NJPW sort of product from AEW. That's not really a recipe for success from a company that wants to compete with WWE.

I expected something with more of an identity. Being an alternative to WWE isn't just being a different company with a different name and different wrestlers. It's also having a different sort of presentation and product. Like WCW did back in the 90s and TNA did in its early days.

But AEW is just being WWE lite at this point. I'm not sure if it's because that's what they really want to be or if it's because WWE has held a monopoly for so long that no one knows how to present itself as a solid alternative to it anymore. But they could have at least tried to copy WCW's model. It wouldn't have been original, but at least it would be different from WWE.

Anyway, one thing at a time. First of all, AEW has WAY too many different factions and teams. That leads to an excessive amount of overbooked and messy tag team matches, which wears thin halfway through Dynamite. I think the problem is, they signed a few guys too many and had to find a way to cram them into Dynamite every week. Perhaps AEW needs a second show like Thunder/SmackDown. But I hope they don't get any ideas of making a brand split like WWE.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:42 pm 

They do have a second show, and even a third show, which both air weekly on YouTube. They're exactly the same as Dynamite, with different commentating teams, and occasionally show the underneath guys. You're not missing anything.

Riffs wrote:

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:02 am 

By second show I meant a show like Smackdown or Thunder. Dark and Elevation seem to be more like Sunday Night Heat. If you skip them you don't miss any important advancements in the current storylines.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:16 pm 

Oh, you're very much correct there.

Shall we discuss WrestleMania predictions?

There's a few obvious ones. Asuka is certainly going to lose to Ripley. Has there been a more forgettable reign as champion? She's played second fiddle to Charlotte/Lacey while she held the belt!

Also, Bad Bunny and Priest will beat Miz and Morrison. You just know Bunny will get the pin on Miz.

Finally, The Fiend will get a win against Randy Orton. Personally, I hate this story, and would love to see Orton get the win, but it won't happen yet.

The others are a little less clear cut in my view. Braun should get the win against Shane, but given the story, I can see Shane getting the win by Braun doing something dumb, like throwing Shane through the cage to give him the win.

Riffs wrote:

oilerfan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:18 pm 

WWE's main problem is that they are creatively bankrupt. All Raw and Smackdown are nowadays, is constant rematches. One might say that the rosters for each show are small, but that's not the case. How many of the talent are stuck backstage since "creative" have nothing for them? The constant rematches as well as the smaller roster leave them with booking problems.

Take Mcintyre, if he regains the belt on Sunday, who does he feud with on Raw? All the people at his level have been done already. The 50/50 booking ensures no one is raised up to the next tier.

The WWE tag team and women's division respectfully are both abysmal and need to be unified.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:11 pm 

The women's division at the moment is a just a tag division. Both women's events have been booked recently to lose tag team matches to Nia & Shayna. Why does anyone think this is a good idea? It just makes the champions look weak.

As for the comment about "creative" having nothing for them, what the hell as Asuka been doing? She is the Raw champion, and she's been playing second fiddle to shit that has nothing to do with her. You couldn't find anyone at all to feud with her? Surely a better story could have spun off from the Shayna face kick incident than whatever this is?

Riffs wrote:

oilerfan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:25 pm 

Terri23 wrote:
The women's division at the moment is a just a tag division. Both women's events have been booked recently to lose tag team matches to Nia & Shayna. Why does anyone think this is a good idea? It just makes the champions look weak.

As for the comment about "creative" having nothing for them, what the hell as Asuka been doing? She is the Raw champion, and she's been playing second fiddle to shit that has nothing to do with her. You couldn't find anyone at all to feud with her? Surely a better story could have spun off from the Shayna face kick incident than whatever this is?

I agree with what you say.
After WM 36 last year, I was intrigued by the Bazler vs Jax matchup that was teased. I thought by now, they would have broken up.

Nikki Cross should have been in storylines (she is quite underated in her wrestling abilities. The match with her and Bliss vs. Asuka/Sane last year at WM really made me see this). Nothing against Bliss, but Cross has much more ability than her. Many of the teams lose to Jax/Bazler, but notice how whenever they fight Bazler, she loses?
WWE should have kept her as a singles star and made her totally dominant. She gained nothing by losing to Lynch last year at WM. Bazler should have won since WWE knew Lynch was leaving. They should have built her up as a pillar of the women's division.

Asuka's reign has been a sad joke, I can see Lynch coming back as a heel and attacking Asuka if she manages to beat Ripley.

Charlotte and Lynch were absent for a good chunk of last year and the women's division suffered. Unfortunately, it looks like we are back to the 5 minute or less women's matches.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:49 am 

I think Jax and Baszler will break up and feud after Wrestlemania. I can see Lana and Naomi winning the title over the weekend.

I will go into battle for Asuka all day. She is in my view probably the most talented wrestler in the womens division. She even gets good matches out of Nia Jax. It's criminal that WWE can't seem to work with her.

It looks like Rhea Ripley is going to be pushed as the Raw womens champion, and I hope they do something with her, rather than just have her squashed by Charlotte like everyone else. Becky should be coming back, as she's been out for exactly a year at this point. A Lynch/Ripley feud could be interesting.

While it was a pretty shitty feud with Charlotte, why Lacey Evans decided to get pregnant during the biggest push of her life is beyond me. She has another ten years to have a kid, and she already has one, why throw away your career push now? Becky was on top when she had her kid, and she will come back near the top of the pile. Lacey was getting pushed when nobody watching really gave a shit. She will come back remembered as that blonde from NXT who had the affair with Ric Flair.

Riffs wrote:

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:59 am 

So WWE moved to Peacock? WTF is Peacock. I was right in the middle of the Attitude Era (I just finished the last Raw of July 1998) and all of the sudden my account has been deleted. Ok. I register for Peacock, but they haven't moved the content over yet, and some folks are saying they might not import everything? They have already gone back and edited out some of the "offensive" content (Piper vs BNB when Piper was half blackface, for example). I don't have a good feeling for this transition. Looks like WWE just wanted to make a $.

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:57 pm 

I honestly couldn't name you more than a couple of Wrestlemania matches for this year. Not interested in watching the show.

The pandemic made me lose all the interest in WWE. The product went from being simply bad before covid to just flat out depressing since then. I keep up with things through twitter and forums and I'm content with that. Watching full WWE shows would just feel like a waste of time now.

I don't know what the hell Peacock is. Been hearing about it for about a week now. Is the WWE Network gone or something? What's this all about? I've never subscribed to the Network, so it doesn't affect me personally.

Anyway, did anyone watch the Sakura Genesis tournament of NJPW? What do you think of Will Ospreay as the new IWGP Heavyweight Champion?

I'd gladly watch more NJPW if the events weren't so damn long. Because, you see, I do enjoy puroresu. But one puro match is usually enough to make me feel tired. They're usually intense and have a lot going in them. Therefore I coils never sit through a 3 hour Japanese wrestling event. It would feel so tiresome and would burn me out fast. Is this strange?

A big advantage of NJPW and puro in general is the sports like presentation like you're watching a boxing or MMA event. Meaning you don't need to worry about catching up on 15 different promos from the past several months to watch an important match. You can afford to watch it every once in a while and just a couple of matches per event and you're all set. The matches just speak for themselves.

motorsport
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:34 pm 

Festivus wrote:
I honestly couldn't name you more than a couple of Wrestlemania matches for this year. Not interested in watching the show.

The pandemic made me lose all the interest in WWE. The product went from being simply bad before covid to just flat out depressing since then. I keep up with things through twitter and forums and I'm content with that. Watching full WWE shows would just feel like a waste of time now.

I don't know what the hell Peacock is. Been hearing about it for about a week now. Is the WWE Network gone or something? What's this all about? I've never subscribed to the Network, so it doesn't affect me personally.

Anyway, did anyone watch the Sakura Genesis tournament of NJPW? What do you think of Will Ospreay as the new IWGP Heavyweight Champion?

I'd gladly watch more NJPW if the events weren't so damn long. Because, you see, I do enjoy puroresu. But one puro match is usually enough to make me feel tired. They're usually intense and have a lot going in them. Therefore I coils never sit through a 3 hour Japanese wrestling event. It would feel so tiresome and would burn me out fast. Is this strange?

A big advantage of NJPW and puro in general is the sports like presentation like you're watching a boxing or MMA event. Meaning you don't need to worry about catching up on 15 different promos from the past several months to watch an important match. You can afford to watch it every once in a while and just a couple of matches per event and you're all set. The matches just speak for themselves.

Peacock is NBC's answer to Netflix/DIsney+/etc. and in the US, the WWE Network has moved 100% under Peacock, to the point that NBC is now editing out content like Roddy Piper appearing in half-blackface or Vinnie Mac saying the n-word to John Cena in front of Booker T.

Outside the US, though, WWE Network is the same as before.

motorsport
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:37 pm 

Pitiless Wanderer wrote:
Looks like WWE just wanted to make a $.

You're surrpised?

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:41 pm 

FWIW, word among the cool kids is that a sizable portion of Network subs aren't going to Peacock because of both the editing and the lack of available footage.

darkeningday wrote:

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:58 pm 

Whenever I decide to do it, I'll just get a VPN and sign up for the international Network. I tried Peacock once and gave up within a couple minutes.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next