Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:48 pm 

Uli Hoeneß of Bayern Munich said the Dortmund model has failed, because players who are only hired as sales objects can never fully identify with the club if they are just hired to be sold, they can never suck up the club DNA that way. Guess what. Sales object Sancho stays, DNA carrier Alaba leaves, Uli Hoeneß is a complete and utter failure once again and deserves to be buried in the sands of time.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:51 am 

The advertisement project of a softdrink company can now defeat Atletico Madrid. RIP football.

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:37 am 

So, what team are you guys rooting for to win the Champions League? I am personally rooting for Man City. I don't like Bayern because I am a BVB fan, I don't want Barcelona to win it because I don't like Messi, and I don't care for french football. I also don't like Leipzig all that much either.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:34 am 

droneriot wrote:
Uli Hoeneß of Bayern Munich said the Dortmund model has failed, because players who are only hired as sales objects can never fully identify with the club if they are just hired to be sold, they can never suck up the club DNA that way. Guess what. Sales object Sancho stays, DNA carrier Alaba leaves, Uli Hoeneß is a complete and utter failure once again and deserves to be buried in the sands of time.

How has the model not failed in comparison when Bayern Munich won the league 13 points ahead of Dortmund? Also I doubt Alaba was brought in to be sold. Selling someone or having them leave for free doesn't mean there was a plan on selling them.

Unity wrote:
So, what team are you guys rooting for to win the Champions League? I am personally rooting for Man City. I don't like Bayern because I am a BVB fan, I don't want Barcelona to win it because I don't like Messi, and I don't care for french football. I also don't like Leipzig all that much either.

The two quarter-finals already played ended terrible, since two super plastic clubs won against two very respectable and interesting clubs.

Anyway, my preference for the remaining teams are in this order:
1. Lyon
2. Bayern Munich
3. Barcelona
4. Manchester C
5. Paris Saint-Germain
6. The energy drink

Really, only clubs 1-3 are somewhat acceptable from a sound football perspective.

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:58 am 

If you see it as a failure to go from being a club with pretty much a bunch of nobodies to having a roster full of internationally coveted superstars in the space of a decade I don't know what to tell you. Sure the bunch of nobodies won their last two titles under Jürgen Klopp but financially it has been an incredible success story that made giant leaps in closing the financial gap between them and more-money-than-god Bayern. All of that legally and legitimately without the Wolf of Wall Street style criminal activity that made Bayern big.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:39 am 

I believe the failure part was in comparison to Bayern Munich, who clearly don't get players with the plan to sell them. Dortmund have made great achievements though, and I certainly prefer them over Bayern Munich. In fact I prefer all German clubs over Bayern Munich except the strongly corporation-connected ones like RB Leipzig, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg and Hoffenheim, and also except Hannover and Union Berlin, both for reasons connected to Sweden. Maybe I'll throw Hamburg in there too... But other than those, all German clubs would be ahead of Bayern Munich according to my preference any given season.

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:51 pm 

Add Hertha BSC Berlin, since that big investor joined last year they're almost like Hoffenheim on steroids. Instantly jumped from having a b-list team to having one of the most expensive rosters in Germany, too.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:58 pm 

i saw most of barca - bayern... what a game

Watched the highlights of city - lyon

Both games show the effects of this being an unusual season. Barca and city just lack the real focus thats needed to win the CL in a normal season. Bayern actually played like this was a normal year. Lyon were clearly extra motivated and just punished the unfocusedness of city.

severzhavnost
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:52 pm 

Welcome to the Canadian Premier League, Atletico Ottawa :) My hometown’s newest team played to a spirited 2-2 draw against York 9, despite spending much of the second half down a man. When we’re allowed to attend matches again, I expect to be at Lansdowne even more regularly!

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:49 am 

Maybe you'll see a lot of people around you getting into football now that your country is starting to have one of the most famous players on the planet.

Btw Bayern won every game in every competition in the second half of the season, except one. A narrow draw against RB Leipzig that Red Bull nearly one.

severzhavnost
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:35 pm 

droneriot wrote:
Maybe you'll see a lot of people around you getting into football now that your country is starting to have one of the most famous players on the planet.

Btw Bayern won every game in every competition in the second half of the season, except one. A narrow draw against RB Leipzig that Red Bull nearly one.

I hope so! We are co-hosting the 2026 World Cup, but it would feel much more honourable if we qualified the hard way for 2022 and got that real experience first. Can one superstar get us in?
I’d be interested to see if Canada becomes an outpost of Bayern fandom now. Folks over here generally don’t like dynasty teams much - unless it was already your team of course.

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:29 pm 

Fuck Bayern Munich but Alphonzo Davies is one fucking awesome football player. One of the top ten in the world right now.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:17 pm 

I know RBL got the worst reputation of any football club but really i find them a lot more appealing than the oil money clubs. PSG is a pretty lame club to watch even if they are technically better than RBL.

Bayerns first half today vs Lyon was just as good as any club has played this year. I do not see PSG being able to keep up if Bayern plays like that in the final.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:34 pm 

Conan Troutman wrote:
Dembo wrote:
Terri23 wrote:
Tonight is the beginning of the English era of European dominance. The reign of Spain is over, as evidence by the fact that 4 English teams have made the European finals.

One season is way too short to make a conclusion about eras beginning or being over. I wouldn't be surprised if next year have no English teams in the European finals, or even semi-finals.

I'll just bump this for you.

Spain just won another European trophy, by Sevilla winning the Europa League.

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:55 am 

So now we have the CL final of FC Qatar Doha vs Doha Saint-Germain. Farce of the century. Only way to ever top that would be RB Leipzig vs RB Salzburg.

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:26 am 

Apparently Messi might be going to Man City.

severzhavnost
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:18 pm 

Amateur German team Ripdorf, worried their opponents were exposed to COVID19, attempt to play “socially distant” match against Holdenstedt, lose 37-0:
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/ger ... 55wss.html
With his teammates practically standing there immobile on the field, I am amazed at Ripdorf’s goalie keeping the score down to 37 :lol:

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:26 pm 

First Bayern Munich defeated Barcelona with 8-2 in the CL some month ago. Now they started the Bundesliga season by defeating Schalke with 8-0.

They're on the level you reach when playing Football Manager for a long time and your team becomes a self-playing piano, and the game is essentially over since it gets boring being so dominant.

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:26 am 

As much as I have always disliked Bayern Munich for its arrogance and especially Uli Hoeness for his mean antics, I must say that they have deserved to win all three titles last season and the fact that they start this new season with a whopping 8-0 win against another veteran team is absolutely impressive. However, Schalke must quickly change things. I have no problem with Wagner but the coaching staff should be fired after such an under-performance and some weak veteran players should immediately be replaced by younger talents. Schalke had sixteen winless games in a row last season. This year, they might be serious candidates for relegation. The only weaker team on paper this season might be Arminia Bielefeld.

''Hanako and the Suicide Forest'': http://kluseba.eklablog.com/hanako-and-the-suicide-forest-a187892062

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27