Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:05 pm 

Vadara wrote:
Anyway, RABM is the only good black metal and all NSBM artists and their listeners should be curbstomped into the ground, preferably with nail bats.

Instead of sounding like a fucking retard how about you drop some RABM bands we should listen to? I do like Dawn Ray'd, do they count? I'll keep listening to RABM and NSBM as much as I like.

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:38 am 

TheConqueror1 wrote:
Well, since I'm not so well liked here, I'm making the decision to not post on MA anymore. I would like to add that all of you fucking metalheads are extremely intelligent. Stay metal my friends and listen to Anaal Nathrakh! :hail:

See ya fam, hope you have more fun posting on Shreddit or something :hail:

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:40 am 

...and since double-posting is in fashion right now, I will ask:

How is it possible to curbSTOMP with a nailBAT?

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:16 am 

Vadara is another troll whose shitposting you should ignore. He has a posting history of “MA hates x genre!” but only makes one off posts and never follows anything up.

I've decided this is the only kind of collection in the world that matters.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:30 am 

Wilytank wrote:
Vadara is another troll whose shitposting you should ignore. He has a posting history of “MA hates x genre!” but only makes one off posts and never follows anything up.

While it's true that Vadara is a troll :P he is actually black, so I don't exactly blame him from being put off by some of the comments in the last page.

(That said I never even heard of RABM... lol. Think I'll just stick to Greek BM, thank you)

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Vadara
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:08 am 

Unban me from Resetera you coward.

I'm not a troll, just a person with strong opinions and a -core fan who isn't the stereotypical wimpy pushover. I'm going to be making a bunch of reviews soon since I find the review side of the site more interesting than the forum side.

How the hell have you not heard of RABM when you literally own this site and have signed off on bands like Iskra, Ancst, and Panopticon being catalogued? Surely as a woman yourself you have to find e.g the misogyny rife in some metal genres to be off-putting much as I find NSBM to be reprehensible.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:39 am 

lol I've been an Iskra fan for 10+ years and I've never heard of "RABM" until right now. I simply like them because they're a great black metal band, the exact reason I also like Burzum and Taake. Don't assume anyone shares your beliefs just because they spend a lot of time on a metal database site. You're embarrassing yourself.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:53 am 

There's Ярость Маркса/Jarost Marksa (Rage of Marx).

They released one EP, which include a cover of a famous Soviet WWII army choir song. Not something you hear every day:

Original:
Youtube: show

Black metal cover:
Youtube: show

severzhavnost
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:08 pm 

Spain withdraws the Méndez Núñez from US-led Persian Gulf combat patrol:
https://elpais.com/elpais/2019/05/14/in ... 8.amp.html

Or in other words, the Spanish frigate said “frig it”. :-P

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:03 pm 

Vadara wrote:
Fascist supporters are FAR too common in this scene.

And Fascist-don't-care-ers are faaaaaaaaaar more common in this scene.
Necroticism174 wrote:
Also, hello to you too Opsius! I still live, I just mostly post here and there in the movie/video game thread. The full time job life has sucked me dry, but still I exist.

Ah, that explains a lot. Cheers, buddy!
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Woolie_Wool
Facets of Predictability

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:25 pm 

Vadara wrote:
Anytime I want to explain why black people don't like metal much, I can just point to this last page of this thread. Fascist supporters are FAR too common in this scene.

Anyway, RABM is the only good black metal and all NSBM artists and their listeners should be curbstomped into the ground, preferably with nail bats.

As a leftist I frankly find RABM an embarrassment to the cause. Of all the types of metal the left can attempt détournement on, you choose goddamn black metal, an entire genre of metal that is all about evoking hatred, cruelty, and contempt, as the vehicle to deliver a philosophy that is supposed to abhor such things and valorize sharing, cooperation, and mutual understanding? RABM is a bunch of wannabes and third-rate punk musicians who lack the talent and vision to play other forms of metal, so they make fun of music they don't understand, because if they understood it, they would never play it. Go read Nightgaunt's review of Horde's Hellig Usvart right now. He, using Horde as an example, shows the hypocrisy and internal contradictions of Christian black metal and the way the anti-Christian nature of black metal, deliberately baked into the music itself by the original people who created it, shows through their Christian lyrics, and many of these anti-Christian values are also reactionary values, especially all that stuff about, as Emperor put it, "sans mercy, sans compassion, without will to answer whoever asketh the why", and of course, you decide to mirror NSBM, which leverages the most reactionary aesthetic components of black metal to their maximum possible extent, knowing exactly what they mean. You're fighting a war on Nazi territory, by Nazi rules, and playing with forces far more powerful than a pile of hollow leftist rhetoric. I believe leftist metal can easily be a thing, but leftist metal should concentrate on spheres that at least acknowledge the possibility and value of love and mutual respect, against authority, against society, against civilization itself if necessary, not just through lyrics, but through everything from the subgenre to the melodies to the arrangements to the production and mixing, because music is a visceral experience that transcends human language and the musical ideas you use have aesthetic and ideological power that is beyond your direct control. This might require you to practice your instruments, think really hard about what you want your band to sound like and what your ideology really is besides "NAZIS BAD" (9 out of 10 non-reactionaries agree), and find someone who can sing to some degree. Such is life.

And frankly, NSBM is gutter tier trash metal. If your ambitions are "we are trying to be better than Aryan Holocaust" you should probably rethink your direction in music. You're wrestling a pig--you're getting dirty and the pig loves it.

UltraBoris wrote:
only Dio is real.

Aldrahn333
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:27 pm 

Infernal War, Nocturnal Mortem, Hate Forest, Graveland, Burzum. I guess NSBM is far more worthy than this RABM oxymoron.

Five_Nails
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:31 am 

Just after I posted this I started reading the above and it's just funny to me. You people really think you're fighting WWII again aren't you? "there are too many fascists in black metal", "there are great Soviet bands in black metal" what kind of shit is this?

Are you people fucking high? How is it black metal if it wants to be part of such a vouchsafed and controlled society? How is it black metal if it's not rejecting society as a whole? Where the hell do Venom and Sodom factor into all of this highfalutin bullshit? You people really love to show how easily styles can twist and not make any difference anyway.

I mean really. Oh wow! A black metal band from Russia played a Soviet hymn and now it's a show of what? Is that a show that there's a burgeoning underground of Soviet-style black metallalers ready to take the Kremlin, just like how Absurd took over the Bundestag in the 1990s? For fuck's sake, when will you people realize that you're splitting ideology and music so thinly that it's becoming entirely meaningless when you could just take a step back and enjoy a musician for what that musician makes without becoming his disciple? Maybe you could even go so far as to say that a musician of your ideology sucks even though he's upholding your visions of virtues, whodathunkit!

Does your every fart have to be an ideological movement? Is it voting to flush the toilet?

I'm so sick of the political talk and that maybe now it makes what I wanted to say before a little more relevant.

Here's my original post before I went on this rant:

I noticed something interesting. There was a video that I liked to watch from time to time on YouTube. It was Wumpscut's 'Fuckit' and it showed Soviet and Nazi propaganda posters side-by-side. It showed videos of the major leaders of each party, killings, and then more of the posters with politicians applauding between shots of people being shot. I get that it would drive a discussion in plenty of places but I never really thought of it as more than showing how extreme any ideology can become, let alone asserting one over the other. The message was interesting to me, the end of the video showed the swastika and the hammer and sickle between an equal sign. It made me think of how extremity can come from any wild wing, and drove it home with the Soviets and Nazis, two powers that undoubtedly have been party to incredible amounts of bloodshed yet are so vastly ideologically opposed in so many ways.

Now that video is totally removed from YouTube, probably got plenty of reports, but I can't find it anywhere with a simple google anyway. Anyone have a good link to the video? I haven't seen it for a while and I'd like to see it again.

Here comes my new now: I only wanted to ask for a link. I'm sure plenty here will think I was trying to push something with that simple ask. That wasn't the case. Stop being splitters kids, this isn't the People's Front of Judea vs the Judean People's Front. Soviet vs Nazi black metal is the most pathetic thing I've seen argued in a long time, and I watched the Kavanaugh hearings as a drinking game. Are you really so shocked that a style that's supposed to shock people is shocking you, the avid black metal listener? Has black metal pussified so much that now shocking things are shocking again? Do you want your shocking visions to become moderate in your metal while still being shocking to outsiders? What is this mentality because I really don't understand why it's such an issue that so many bands push extremity as extreme as they can in an extreme style of extreme metal? Don't you people get that it's mostly (if not all) theater?

Also, if you can get me a free download to that Krummholz EP I'll do a review for it. I was on the fence with the first track but the second one finally drew me in. I definitely need to know what's going on in African metal, how that scene is going. That sounds like a cool thing to check out. I got into the Indian scene with some bands like Demonic Resurrection, and short-lived projects like Albatross and Brutal Agitation, but I'd like to see what Africa may have going for it with those folks takes on such a Eurocentric style.

Last edited by Five_Nails on Thu May 16, 2019 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:37 am 

You really read too much into this, and YOU then asks if others are high...

My post was merely done because a bunch of people said they never heard of RABM, and some gave examles of it, and the fact of how unusual it is to make a black metal, or metal at all, cover of a choir song.

It had nothing to do with quality, "fighting a war", or anything.

But since you, despite claiming to be sick of political talk, decided to make the discussion even more political, I'd just have to add that the conflation of the societies under Hitler and Stalin is childishly uneducated and oversimplified one, as well as one of the most common views already. There's zero edginess or news value, or whatever you wanted to achieve, in introducing the world to a video that puts the swastika and the hammer and sickle together.

Five_Nails
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:41 am 

Guess you didn't see the whole page before but alright bud. It got downright weird back there. Plus I wasn't trying to be edgy about it. I was just surprised that video was gone now. I know you and I have sparred before, I don't want to fight about things with you though. So fine, I fucked up on that front though there is plenty of talk about how how NSBM is so huge in black metal with plenty of leftist ranting to boot. Sorry I didn't gather the tone of the ground before posting. I still do think this whole splitting hairs on what is shocking in metal is just weird in that people are so disturbed by a band pushing an ideology contrary to their own when at the end of the day, metal is shocking in a lot of ways that most outsiders won't understand anyway. How does shocking insiders make it any different? Taking it farther doesn't mean action. It usually means a flag and a bandanna, a tattoo for a kid that he will regret. That's about it. How is this such a point of discussion especially with the whole identity mess that was part of the previous page?

I came to this Free For All thread for a reason. It was to maybe find a video. I screwed up and joined the Free For All. Let the flak fly! It used to be a place where random things could pop up between moments of broader discussion. I guess now it's starting to come down too close to home.

Go and tug your balls you titfuckers! :wanker:

kalervon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:22 am 

As this dumpster fire was going, I caught an interview with former Centurion vocalist on local radio : https://www.cbc.ca/radio/outintheopen/i ... -1.5129405

SweetLeaf95
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:57 pm 

That new band appeal thread is awesome because I can click the rejected bands and find new non-metal music!

severzhavnost
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:00 pm 

This might top Ariana Grande’s “charcoal grill” tattoo for the Most Poorly Researched Translation Award. Heinz has put out a combination ketchup/mayonnaise. Should have gone with “ketchonnaise”, but they picked “mayochup” instead. It seems, in the Cree language “mayochup” translates to “shitface”:
https://theprovince.com/news/canada/new ... 0a59518dc5

Terri23
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:12 am 

Australian election is under way. Early indications that the coalition will hold government which is a surprise.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 4:08 pm 

Deepest sympathies to the Australian people, except for the statistical majority of you who voted to keep Nat King Coal. I just hope the American B.S. performs better than Bill Shorten.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 4:21 pm 

Terri23 wrote:
Australian election is under way. Early indications that the coalition will hold government which is a surprise.

Yep, they held government, which is an absolute disgrace. I didn't much like Bill Shorten, either, but my disdain for Scott Morrison was too strong. We have got to get rid of this government but too many people disagree. I will definitely be drowning my sorrows in some alcohol the first chance I get. What a disappointing result.

Zodijackyl
Definitely Proportionate

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:20 pm 

"Bill Shorten" is a great name for a legislator. I'm imagining a 600-page law being passed around congress, and he just drops a couple hundred pages of amendments in a recycling bin and moves it along.

severzhavnost
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:27 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
"Bill Shorten" is a great name for a legislator. I'm imagining a 600-page law being passed around congress, and he just drops a couple hundred pages of amendments in a recycling bin and moves it along.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

kalervon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:56 pm 

Sometimes changing a single consonant in a song can make quite a difference..

When I hear Black Sabbath's "Die Young" I often think of Cy Young

Or Scorpions singing "I'm in France"

Or Metallica's 1986 album, "Master of muppets"

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 12:58 am 

If history has taught me anything, Australia will have another election in like three weeks or whatever anyway. You guys go through governments so fast nobody can keep up or pay attention. Like the Sloth of the democratic process.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:46 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
If history has taught me anything, Australia will have another election in like three weeks or whatever anyway. You guys go through governments so fast nobody can keep up or pay attention. Like the Sloth of the democratic process.

Yeah, I'm predicting he won't get through his term. He'll get overthrown for sure. It's just a shitfight here politically right now.

We're trying to get Jacinda Ardern to take over but it hasn't happened yet, haha.

Terri23
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:29 am 

I disagree with you Mikey. Scotty doesn't have any of the other potential leadership challengers or distractions the previous few leaders have had to deal with. There's no Tony, no Julie and no Malcolm. We'll have our elected leader since 2003 to survive a term as incumbent prime minister.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

Terri23
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:33 am 

iamntbatman wrote:

On the phone, so sorry for the double post. Australians don't elect the leader of the party, the prime minister. We're not a republic. Our head of state is still the Queen of England. Anyway, we can elect our preferred party, but the party themselves elect the leader, and they can choose to challenge that leader for party leadership on a party vote system, without the input of the public.
You Americans do directly vote for the President which is the key difference.

Riffs wrote:

MikeyC

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:39 am 

Terri23 wrote:
I disagree with you Mikey. Scotty doesn't have any of the other potential leadership challengers or distractions the previous few leaders have had to deal with. There's no Tony, no Julie and no Malcolm. We'll have our elected leader since 2003 to survive a term as incumbent prime minister.

Maybe not yet, but I think in time if there is unrest and he becomes (even more) unpopular, there might be a challenge. I'm still trying to grasp the election personally. Insane result.

Terri23
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:55 am 

It's clear that Bill Shorten was massively unpopular, especially in places like Queensland. Attacking investments really was a mistake also. I actually read today in the SMH that the Labour Party were actually celebrating victory together in Parramatta on Friday night before the election. Absolutely insane.

Riffs wrote:

MikeyC

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:15 am 

Terri23 wrote:
It's clear that Bill Shorten was massively unpopular, especially in places like Queensland. Attacking investments really was a mistake also. I actually read today in the SMH that the Labour Party were actually celebrating victory together in Parramatta on Friday night before the election. Absolutely insane.

Were they? I had no idea they were doing that. I guess they could see the victory coming a mile away. Oh well. Three more years!

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:52 am 

Terri23 wrote:
On the phone, so sorry for the double post. Australians don't elect the leader of the party, the prime minister. We're not a republic. Our head of state is still the Queen of England. Anyway, we can elect our preferred party, but the party themselves elect the leader, and they can choose to challenge that leader for party leadership on a party vote system, without the input of the public.
You Americans do directly vote for the President which is the key difference.

Thank you, Professor Civics. Say, is it true that your toilets flush backwards down there?

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

MikeyC

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:47 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
Thank you, Professor Civics. Say, is it true that your toilets flush backwards down there?

After this election, I dare say it's not just the flushing toilets that are backwards here....

Zodijackyl
Definitely Proportionate

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:30 pm 

kalervon wrote:
Sometimes changing a single consonant in a song can make quite a difference..

When I hear Black Sabbath's "Die Young" I often think of Cy Young

You run, you run, you run! Yeah, it works as a baseball song.

Terri23
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:07 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:

Always happy to assist the layperson. We still practice booting as a form of punishment too.

Riffs wrote:

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:50 pm 

So last night I dreamed someone spoke with Virgin Steele's David DeFeis. The guy told me Edward Pursino just wants to retire but DeFeis keeps forcing him to contribute just a tiny bit to each new record every time. Apparently the band was working on a boxset - one album included would consist of country music.

The scary thing is that this might not even be unrealistic at this point. :lol:

Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 4:21 am 

Nocturne of Eyes and Teeth by Reveal! is rocking my world right now. I found them while cruising similar artists tabs for Negative Plane and Tribulation. This album is like if you ONLY took the ripping parts from those bands best albums.

It looks like their sophomore, Flystrips, may be further off the deep end. I can't recommend the debut enough though.

For fans of speed metal riffing played inside a mausoleum with howling reverbed vocals bouncing off the cold slab walls.

raspberrysoda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:39 pm 

Seems like we're heading into re-elections here in Israel. The coalition wasn't formed in the given time... and idk if it's good or not.

stainedclass2112 wrote:
It was a joke you darn can of fizzy sweetened liquid

BastardHead wrote:
Somebody is getting murdered but poor razz just wants his beauty sleep.

Stonectomy - Brutal Slamming Stoner Doom (new EP out NOW!)

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:23 am 

Year 2019 I got ripped off by my employer, my health insurance, my internet service provider and my mobile service provider, independently from each other just with the very bad timing of all of it being in a very short space of time, and went from a couple thousand in assets to a couple thousand in debts. Thanks to my legal counsel (and being in the right in three and a half of four cases, the issue with the health insurance was partly my fault due to a document sent in late) I am now getting a handle of it. Just wanted to mention it to explain the background and say my apologies to darkeningday, Morrigan and everyone for letting my intense frustration take over my online conduct. I'm not the easiest person to get along with in general, that'll never change, but I agree the past few months it's been completely over the top. Thanks for the yellow card instead of straight red, cheers, hail & kill!

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:15 am 

Anyone else go to the Belphegor / Dark Funeral show recently? I was very impressed with DF, they've never been a band I listen to much and they have kind of a weird reputation and somewhat cheesy album sound, but damn they really kicked ass live. More importantly, Belphegor has changed a lot since I saw them in a room of like 25 people over 10 years ago... They were one of my favorite bands back in that era and I always wondered why they were opening for other shitty bands and got barely any recognition. I haven't seen them live or really listened to them much since 2008. Helmuth has an awesome stage presence now, he looks crazy as fuck. It was really cool to see how they've gone from nothing to the band everyone was there to see. I always thought he was a standout riff writer with a style of twisted melody that nobody else really matched. Those little "flourishes" he likes to throw in at the end of riffs to give them that little extra something is always awesome. Anyway, didn't really know where else to post this, but it feels good to be back into one of my favorite old time bands again.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214  Next