Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:27 pm 

Ex El Ex El Ex wrote:
Morrigan wrote:
Late to the party but welcome back, Ex el ex... you know who :D

Yoooo, thanks Morri! It's good to be back. Place smells the same and everything :-P

...Like old sweat and beer farts?

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:06 pm 

You're saying Morrigan stinks??

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:19 am 

Opus wrote:

We all stink.

We know it in our hearts. And slightly-discolored couch cushions.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:39 pm 

I spent this past weekend in my apartment playing identify that smell.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:00 am 

Opus wrote:

I farted. Sorry. I just like eggs and coffee too much.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Ball Cupper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:02 am 

what do you get if you feed Rob Halford fifty burgers? Gained Mass

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:59 pm 

Just having a coffee at a cafe earlier today, and there was this person in a wheelchair there with her family. The wheelchair was branded Karma. Not kidding at all. There's a range of wheelchairs here in Australia called Karma.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

oldmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:04 am 

If Rob Halford is lactose intolerant and eats a bowl of ice cream, it would be strained gas.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:31 am 

So I got dragged to Hamilton and it was by far the most excruciating stage performance of my life. 3 fucking hours of Schoolhouse Rap!, where the only thing more Wikipedia'd than the historical exposition dumps was the whitest gestures towards "da hip-hop culture" since Ali G. Really surprised they didn't go into all the hoes Jefferson banged, could've been a great segment about how history misrepresented him as a serial slave rapist when in truth he was just sowing the seeds of racial integration!

0.00/10, definitely the greatest scam this century.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Hexenmacht46290
Has a GED in Gamercide

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:43 pm 

I never watched it. But I was once in the same room, as someone watching it on TV, and it looked just as cringeworthy as you described it.
With my weed, I smoke every day
If I'm not high, the hate will escape
I smoke and smoke, stoned as a fuck
Weed is my life, weed is my love…
-John Gallagher

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:55 pm 

I tried to watch it once and made it about 40 minutes before bailing - just lame clean stuff trying too hard to appeal to the broadest audience possible... not my thing.

Unorthodox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:08 pm 

I liked the second half more than the first, but in all was kinda 'meh' about the whole thing. It wasn't bad, imo, but vastly less impressive than everyone made it out to be. Also watched it on Disney+ which I think actually worked well. I would've been fucking lost watching it as a play, but being able to rewind and really get into the lyrics made it a whole lot better than if I couldn't do that haha.

raspberrysoda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:36 pm 

I found a bass player for my band, and haven't found someone to do vocals yet. I started practicing them on my own, but the stuff's too hard to scream over with, and besides, I just want my space to quietly vibe in, and not to be a frontman.

Does the frontman life choose you, or do you choose the frontman life?

stainedclass2112 wrote:
It was a joke you darn can of fizzy sweetened liquid

BastardHead wrote:
Somebody is getting murdered but poor razz just wants his beauty sleep.

LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:32 pm 

So I have a confession to make. I like Slayer a lot more than I've historically admitted. Over the past month or so I've been listening to some podcasts chronicling their history, which interspersed a lot of their music inbetween, and I just can't deny it any longer. I've always admitted to loving Lombardo's drumming, and some of their riffs, which is kind of an understatement because I've learned more of their guitar parts than a lot of my other favorite bands, they're just so much fun to play. The things I used to hold against them were their soloing, their overzealous fanbase, and King's personality.

My disinterest in their soloing is still the main thing about them I don't like, that hasn't changed, but maybe it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. Their obnoxious fanbase isn't all their fault, and there are bands I like with arguably equally obnoxious ones, so that's unfair. As for Kerry, it was some interviews in guitar magazines and such a couple decades ago or so that turned me off to him. But since then I've found plenty of other assholes in metal, so he's hardly unique in that regard, and there are numerous other people who are known for doing arguably worse things (a few of which I like music from), so that doesn't really stand either to single him out.

So I guess my non-fandom of Slayer finally ends. I think I can still consider them overrated to some degree, but there is enough about them that I do like that I have to be honest with myself. Between this epiphany and liking Mastodon's latest album a lot more than any of their others, I'm running out of bands to not be into to some degree. And not directly related but similar in spirit, I've gotten obsessed with Lana Del Rey's "Nectar of the Gods", which is finally something of her's I really like, so that's another non-fandom in ashes.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:09 am 

raspberrysoda wrote:
I found a bass player for my band, and haven't found someone to do vocals yet. I started practicing them on my own, but the stuff's too hard to scream over with, and besides, I just want my space to quietly vibe in, and not to be a frontman.

Does the frontman life choose you, or do you choose the frontman life?

The frontman life chose both James Hetfield and Dave Mustaine.

Jimi Hendrix didn't intend to be the singer of his own band, it was his manager that encouraged him to be the singer.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:46 pm 

Does anyone else when they look in the mirror see their face catching fire? Every time I look in the mirror, my face is on fire melting away. Is this normal? I don't think it is really one fire, but I'm not really 100 percent sure either.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:17 pm 

wizard_of_bore wrote:
Does anyone else when they look in the mirror see their face catching fire? Every time I look in the mirror, my face is on fire melting away. Is this normal? I don't think it is really one fire, but I'm not really 100 percent sure either.

Aka having psychosis? Nope, never suffered from that, thankfully.

Ex El Ex El Ex
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:37 pm 

wizard_of_bore wrote:

You either need to take some drugs, or take less, depending on what drugs we're talking about.

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:57 pm 

wizard_of_bore wrote:

The real question is, are you cool with it? Cause that's... pretty metal

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:02 am 

LithoJazzoSphere wrote:
So I have a confession to make. I like Slayer a lot more than I've historically admitted. Over the past month or so I've been listening to some podcasts chronicling their history, which interspersed a lot of their music inbetween, and I just can't deny it any longer. I've always admitted to loving Lombardo's drumming, and some of their riffs, which is kind of an understatement because I've learned more of their guitar parts than a lot of my other favorite bands, they're just so much fun to play. The things I used to hold against them were their soloing, their overzealous fanbase, and King's personality.

My disinterest in their soloing is still the main thing about them I don't like, that hasn't changed, but maybe it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. Their obnoxious fanbase isn't all their fault, and there are bands I like with arguably equally obnoxious ones, so that's unfair. As for Kerry, it was some interviews in guitar magazines and such a couple decades ago or so that turned me off to him. But since then I've found plenty of other assholes in metal, so he's hardly unique in that regard, and there are numerous other people who are known for doing arguably worse things (a few of which I like music from), so that doesn't really stand either to single him out.

So I guess my non-fandom of Slayer finally ends. I think I can still consider them overrated to some degree, but there is enough about them that I do like that I have to be honest with myself. Between this epiphany and liking Mastodon's latest album a lot more than any of their others, I'm running out of bands to not be into to some degree. And not directly related but similar in spirit, I've gotten obsessed with Lana Del Rey's "Nectar of the Gods", which is finally something of her's I really like, so that's another non-fandom in ashes.

I have always felt on and off about Slayer. Reign in Blood is a monumental record but I mostly find myself enjoying the more laid back, slowed tracks like "Epidemic" or the first half of "Postmortem". The thing that puts me off about the band is that their bad records are really bad. They are bad in a way that makes you go :???: :ugh: and ask yourself "are these the dudes that wrote Show no Mercy and Hell Awaits?"

Also Kerry King is an idiot. He basically tried to call out WASP for being "HaIR MeTaL"; a term that along with "glam metal" is as unreasonable and idiotic as it should sound.

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

Hexenmacht46290
Has a GED in Gamercide

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:24 pm 

I think the difference, between good, and bad Slayer, is laziness.

Bostaph wasn’t a bad drummer, but Lombardo was on another level. He didn’t need blast beats, because his rhythms always sounded barbaric and satanic. In the 80s they had youthful energy, and the chemistry, to pull off some great albums. They actually showed restraint, which is shocking, especially if you’ve ever watched a Kerry King interview. Reign in Blood was short, and the next album was slower.

By the 90s, they had let it go to their heads. By the 2000s, Lombardo’s return couldn’t force the guitarists to write like they used to, because they were lazy. They saw fanatical fans, cutting “Slayer,” into their forearms, and thought that they could do no wrong. By the 2010s, it was King’s vanity project.

They always had a distinct sound, but the later stuff sounds like amateurs, imitating the old stuff, except with dumber lyrics. Great art doesn’t mean that the artist is actually smart, unfortunately. I like them, better than any of the other big thrash bands, but they definitely should’ve known when to break up, or not release an album.

I won’t begrudge Kerry Ling, hating glam. But he really strikes me, as the kind of person, who complains that there isn’t any good new music, when the only new stuff they listen to, is radio butt metal, and doesn’t bother to browse Bandcamp.
With my weed, I smoke every day
If I'm not high, the hate will escape
I smoke and smoke, stoned as a fuck
Weed is my life, weed is my love…
-John Gallagher

~Guest 285196
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:36 pm 

I just had to receive emergency dental treatment. Before I got there I had probably the worst pain of my life, no joke. It's one of the few things in Norway that isn't covered by the public, so it hurt my wallet quite a bit too. Take care of your teeth, people.

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:27 pm 

raumr wrote:
I just had to receive emergency dental treatment. Before I got there I had probably the worst pain of my life, no joke. It's one of the few things in Norway that isn't covered by the public, so it hurt my wallet quite a bit too. Take care of your teeth, people.

Jeez, what did you do?

oldmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:54 pm 

EvergreenSherbert wrote:
raumr wrote:

Jeez, what did you do?

Sounds like an abscess. Been there, it'll put you on your knees.

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:20 pm 

Just googled what a dental abscess is. My face hurts just looking at that.

~Guest 285196
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:30 pm 

EvergreenSherbert wrote:
Jeez, what did you do?

The way the dentist explained it was like this. One of my old fillings got loose and stuff started leaking in and out, and I got a cavity underneath the old filling. The tooth was "mostly dead" so I didn't feel it until the cavity reached the bottom of the roots and got to the nerves there. The pain radiated out to my jaw and whole head.

oldmetalhead wrote:

I don't think it was that exactly, but reading a bit on it it looks like it happened in the same general area, so I'm sure the pain would be comparable.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:36 am 

What band shirt is Xander Corvus wearing in this interview?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jib8urL8lAU
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:12 am 

Terminal Nation
Sorry, you fail the metalhead test.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:37 am 

TY. I'm a Times New Roman metalhead, validate me.

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:04 pm 

I found a band called Inoculation by reading the logo on someone's shirt. Still haven't listened to them though.

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:31 am 

raumr wrote:
EvergreenSherbert wrote:
Jeez, what did you do?

The way the dentist explained it was like this. One of my old fillings got loose and stuff started leaking in and out, and I got a cavity underneath the old filling. The tooth was "mostly dead" so I didn't feel it until the cavity reached the bottom of the roots and got to the nerves there. The pain radiated out to my jaw and whole head.

oldmetalhead wrote:

I don't think it was that exactly, but reading a bit on it it looks like it happened in the same general area, so I'm sure the pain would be comparable.

Hope you get well soon man! I have heard from a friend that Norway is not too great when it comes to health insurance and all of that.

Well could be worse. In Greece, my country, we have public health insurance but the doctors in hospitals often take bribes to do surgery...

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:52 am 

Tim Skold has rejoined Marilyn Manson.

Face_your_fear_79
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:05 pm 

Weird question. Has anyone ever taken a number one before and gotten a peanut butter smell?

I have.

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:18 pm 

No, but I've gotten a slightly-acrid movie theater popcorn smell.

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:23 pm 

Face_your_fear_79 wrote:
Weird question. Has anyone ever taken a number one before and gotten a peanut butter smell?

I have.

No, I haven't. Did you go to a doctor to see if it was in infection?

EzraBlumenfeld
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:40 pm 

EvergreenSherbert wrote:
I found a band called Inoculation by reading the logo on someone's shirt. Still haven't listened to them though.

Inoculation rules. Their album from this year is awesome.

BEGRAVEMENT - 'Horrific Illusions Beckon' out now!

SuperVeji4
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:00 pm 

Unity wrote:
Tim Skold has rejoined Marilyn Manson.

Oh, God.

Some of Manson's worse albums were written with Skold, and some of KMFDM's worse albums were written with Skold. Everything musically that guy touches seems to turn to shit (his first self-titled album is kind of fun but the lyrics were downright dumb, which is a constant with this guy!). Also, rejoining Manson now while all these terrible accusations are coming to light is quite the move.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:53 pm 

SuperVeji4 wrote:
Everything musically that guy touches seems to turn to shit

Someone hasn't heard Shotgun Messiah's s/t.

SuperVeji4
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:34 pm 

Opus wrote:
SuperVeji4 wrote:
Everything musically that guy touches seems to turn to shit

Someone hasn't heard Shotgun Messiah's s/t.

Uh, no?

I know Shotgun Messiah went Industrial in the last album, but I dismissed it simply because I assumed it would be more of the same to his other stuff. But Shotgun Messiah's self-titled? As in the first album of theirs? Wasn't that just glam metal stuff? You'd recommend it?

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:15 pm 

I dunno, he was fine with KMFDM

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307 ... 332  Next