Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 4:39 pm 

Just remembered that this existed the other day. I have no idea why it's the funniest shit ever, but it's the funniest shit ever.

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 11:00 am 

Why are printers still the only piece of hardware/software in our lives that just seem to misbehave ?

Trying to install an MFD today - "software installation failed".... *download a different driver package*.... *run scanner*.... "drivers not present".... *try out three different packages from the manufacturer, all supporting the combination of device and OS*..."scanner driver not available"... (the printer works fine, it can read the toner levels, but for some reason refuses to recognise that the scanner works (on a different OS, the drivers are present & correct). The closest I've gotten is pressing the physical 'scan' button, the software image capture thing popping up, and then it realises "shit I'm not meant to be working today" and then it crashes.

Fucking printers :lol:

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 11:07 am 

Methuen wrote:
Why are printers still the only piece of hardware/software in our lives that just seem to misbehave ?

Trying to install an MFD today - "software installation failed".... *download a different driver package*.... *run scanner*.... "drivers not present".... *try out three different packages from the manufacturer, all supporting the combination of device and OS*..."scanner driver not available"... (the printer works fine, it can read the toner levels, but for some reason refuses to recognise that the scanner works (on a different OS, the drivers are present & correct). The closest I've gotten is pressing the physical 'scan' button, the software image capture thing popping up, and then it realises "shit I'm not meant to be working today" and then it crashes.

There was a very special episode of YOU KNOW WHAT'S BUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLSHIT?! about this 13 years ago that's still true today.

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 11:19 am 

Zelkiiro wrote:
Methuen wrote:

There was a very special episode of YOU KNOW WHAT'S BUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLSHIT?! about this 13 years ago that's still true today.

Yep, yep. Too true :lol: thanks - saved me from putting a boot through the side of the thing :lol:

First comments are spot on too -

"This video is nearly 13 years old and somehow printers have not advanced whatsoever"

"Never let your printer know you're in a hurry. Printers can smell fear."

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 12:35 pm 

Printers you say?
From Office Space, the greatest movie ever made!

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 4:43 am 

Opus wrote:
Printers you say?
From Office Space, the greatest movie ever made!

Spoiler: show

It's all so true. One of the most stress-relieving moments of my life dealing with IT was when I lost it & threw a laptop out of a window.

The thing worked after it's meeting with gravity. It finally died when someone knocked it off a desk and it feel two feet onto the floor :lol:

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 5:01 am 

If you buy concert tickets in the format of them being sent to your email so you can print them out..... PRINT THEM OUT IMMEDIATELY JUST IN CASE. I missed almost an entire concert I planned to attend just because I waited until the day of the concert to print them out and the printer completely shit the bed. There were three bands, I was mainly there for the third (Enforcer from Sweden). I intended to be there for the whole show, all three bands, but because of the printer being stupid I missed the first two bands entirely and the first couple or so songs Enforcer did.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 2:03 pm 

Did you not have a library or Staples nearby that you could've gone to print them from instead?

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 6:24 pm 

Subrick wrote:
Did you not have a library or Staples nearby that you could've gone to print them from instead?

I literally didn't start trying to print them until maybe a half hour before I intended to leave to go to the show. :lol:

HOT TAKE: People who insist the best Sabbath era is the Tony Martin era care about vocals much more than any other element in metal (or music in general). You can say Ozzy sucks and only has a career because he surrounded himself with great guitarists all you want, but Sabbath never had another drummer that could touch Bill Ward and never had another bass player that could touch Geezer Butler. And Iommi? Even if his career ended with Never Say Die, he'd still be the all time riff-master. And he's such an underrated lead player too. Vocals notwithstanding, the rest of Sabbath were all at the top of their game in the 70s. When Dio came in, we got a little more focus on vocals than before, but Iommi was still shining with his riffs and solos. By the time Martin came in, a great singer in his own right, it almost seems like Iommi intentionally wanted the songs to focus more on memorable vocals and less on memorable riffs and he took a back seat. For a guitarist who shines so brightly for his riffs, that sucks. Thusly, I propose the Tony Martin fan boys* aren't too interested in metal instrumentation and just want to hear soaring vocals. :-D

*The people who whine about the Ozzy era being overrated over the Martin era, basically.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 6:52 pm 

The Tony Martin albums have great music, it's just that it's not as insanely boundary breaking and innovative as the Ozzy years and the Dio and Gillan eras had a more robust guitar tone.

That said I also think Ozzy was a fantastic singer in the 70s. Nothing to envy there.

~Guest 280883
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 2:48 am 

The Tony Martin albums sound like professionals churning out acceptable product. They're not actively irritating, but they are in one ear and out the other. Seventh Star was the blueprint, except Glen Hughes is actually a distinctive vocalist, though his talents are totally wasted, 'scuse the pun, on that album.

And yeah, Ozzy Sabbath (and Dio Sabbath to a lesser extent) was innovative, but I don't think anyone listens to those albums now and gets overwhelmed with how revolutionary they are. It's not the 70s anymore. People enjoy those albums because they hold up and they find them exciting because they were made to be exciting.

By contrast, the Tony Martin albums seem like they were made to be correct, just so. Come up with a cool piece of artwork that's also kind of indistinguishable from the vast mass of typical metal imagery (crosses!, statues!, runes! Vikings are cool!, burning angels! the grim reaper!), slap on a generic title, write some chord progressions that sound appropriately gloomy (you can do this in your sleep at this point), tell the singer to overemote on everything so that the listener feels like he's being presented with something important and, voila, you got yourself an acceptable products for the times.

Previously, when they had typical metal imagery, they were inventing it, meaning that not all the kinks were worked out and that, decades later, it is those kinks that give additional tensions and potency to already great ideas; examples - the debut, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules, even Never Say Die.

As for Ozzy, he wasn't lucky, he WAS talented. Sabbath operated as most great bands do, by playing off each other and everyone being aware of everyone else's talents and limitations too. He came up with those indelible vocal melodies, and that goes for his solo albums as well. By some bizarre convention, this doesn't legally count as songwriting.

Ozzy has embarrassed himself a lot, but that's no excuse for ignorance and/or historical revisionism.

Cosmic_Equilibrium
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 9:36 am 

^ The above post says it all IMO. I don't think the Martin albums are bad per se, but they are basically Iommi solo albums in all but name (except maybe for Cross Purposes, since Geezer plays on that one) and are definitely product to a certain degree. Iommi still comes up with some good riffs and songs but he seemed to be just marking time during the Martin years.

Also, Martin is just not as distinctive a singer as Ozzy or Dio. Yes, he has a reasonable voice, but it's kinda generic. Also in the live arena he really couldn't handle the Ozzy material very well at all (to be fair, it's quite tricky to sing 70s Sabbath as Ozzy's voice is very distinctive). He also lacked stage presence.

I would struggle to give the Martin era albums above 60% - that period really was a wilderness era for Iommi, and it's puzzling to me how highly those records are rated on MA.

Cosmic_Equilibrium
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 9:40 am 

I mean Dehumanizer comes right in the middle of the Martin period and it's so far above the surrounding albums in terms of songwriting, riffs, heaviness, intent and vocals it's not even close. Iommi definitely got inspired again with Butler/Dio/Appice back in the fold.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 10:20 am 

Eh I'll take Headless Cross over Dehumanizer any day.

And true, the Ozzy Sabbath stuff probably isn't listened to much now for boundary breaking but I just find it cool, fresh and exciting even now, was all I meant.

The Martin albums weren't doing anything innovative but they were just solid power metal. That's cool with me.

Luvers
Writes generic (and possibly meandering) posts

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 9:27 pm 

Tony Martin has always been my favorite Sabbath singer and my three favorite albums by the band all contain his vocals. To those claiming the Martin era are just Iommi solo efforts must have been listening to different albums because the outliers during the Martin era are those that sound nothing like the original incarnation of the band. Even though it would be faster to list the Martin era tracks that do not sound like they could have come from the 70s output, each album has at least 4/5 songs that fit that style perfectly.

The Eternal Idol: Ancient Warrior, Nightmare & The Eternal Idol (Lets hear Ozzy sing the title track, especially THIS Section).
Headless Cross::: Headless Cross & When Death Calls.
TYR: Anno Mundi, The Sabbath Stones & Heaven In Black.
Cross Purposes: I Witness, Virtual Death, Back To Eden & Evil Eye.
Forbidden: The Illusion Of Power, Guilty As Hell, Sick And Tired, Rusty Angels & Kiss Of Death.

Now Ronnie Dio, Ian Gillian, Glenn Hughes and the laundry list of other Sabbath singers all had their qualities but none of them did all of the Ozzy era songs justice. The faster and groovier N.I.B. with Dio (especially the Hammersmith Odeon version) I think is that songs best version and the version of Black Sabbath with Ian Gillian is the max that track could ever be. Martin was the only other Sabbath singer who could do every Ozzy era song he tried justice, but lets hear Ozzy try singing any of the Martin era songs I listed above. Better yet, lets not, since even peak Osbourne (Sabbath Bloody Sabbath & Sabotage) would be unable to even place Martin's microphone on the stage for him.
Empyreal wrote:
Eh I'll take Headless Cross over Dehumanizer any day. ...
The Martin albums weren't doing anything innovative but they were just solid power metal. That's cool with me.
So would I. Not only is Headless Cross my favorite Sabbath album but I would rather hear Tony Martin's original vocals for Dehumanizer. In a bubble I think the album is good but it was much like The Devil You Know, was just meh.

Innovative? Perhaps not, but they were laying down the best vocals in the entirety of the Sabbath discography.

kalervon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 11:35 pm 

Luvers wrote:
Not only is Headless Cross my favorite Sabbath album but I would rather hear Tony Martin's original vocals for Dehumanizer.

I heard Tony Martin singing Time Machine in a video recorded during the Cross Purposes or Forbidden tour, you can find it on YouTube if you haven't already. He does a good job at it, but it just sounds so tame.. Even tamer than the Wayne's World II version (with Dio).

Headless Cross and Tyr are magical albums. They transport me to another world, a fantasy world, they are akin to polished power metal, and I wouldn't depart myself from those albums for anything in the world. Headless Cross is the "Yin" and Tyr is the "Yang".

But Dehumanizer just rips your face off, in a good way. Time Machine is not my favorite; it may actually be one of the weak spots. The masterpiece is I. The strongest statement Sabbath made since Heaven and Hell (the song).

They didn't pull it off again with The Devil You Know, but it was still a good album.

But there's no such thing as a bad Sabbath album.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 9:34 am 

I might have to review Dehumanizer. I dunno what it is - the songs all sound good when they're on but just don't stick for me like any of the other Dio Sabbath works.

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 10:22 am 

Sooooo Italy won the Eurovision song contest!

Despite not liking the geopolitical voting and the hilariously awful songs that appear from time to time this year's competition was amazing.

Italy had the best song and performance. Congrats to them!

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 12:07 pm 

Yeah, I really liked Italy's entry too, I'm glad that they won. I also really liked the Finland and Portugal entries. I was mostly worried that France would win - I've got nothing against the french, but their entry was just ridiculous. It sounded like a shitty Edith Piaf ripoff.

Osore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:18 pm 

My favourite was Finland. Italy was ok musically; their outfits were horrible, except for the heels and makeup. I don't like that retro fashion and rock that sounds ancient. Actually, I don't listen to pre-90s music at all.

It is very suspicious that rock song has won this competition in 2021. I think they tend to make the winner out of solidarity: Serbia won when Montenegro segregated, Ukraine won after the war with Russia and now Italy because it was hit hard with COVID-19. :???:
If you want to know the winner before the finals, the odds are very accurate.

Eurovision has such a low quality every year, I found only two entries (Hatari and Nina Kraljić) over the last couple of years. Big pop(-rock) artists should represent their countries. I would love to see Placebo saving UK from null points.

MRmehman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:32 pm 

I was sadly working while Eurovision was on, so I missed out on my the time honoured tradition of getting irrationally angry when a song I don't like comes on. Big fan of Daði Freyr so I'm gutted they didn't win but at least they did better than whatever the UK put out. That a song that's absolutely going down in Eurovision history (along with Engelbert Humperdinck's and Jemini's) as one of the UK's most embarrassing entries.

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 3:26 am 

Actually enjoyed watching the whole thing - I had my money on France or Switzerland, so Italy was a pleasant surprise. Slightly bizarre to see that Lady Gaga knock-off so brazenly presented as original, though - that was some Kai Hansen level 'inspiration'. Pretty sure that Britain has some sort of reverse-game going on, too, where we find the dullest, most insipid crap in a tracksuit to send to these things - it must be so bad on purpose. Selecting Amanda "oh I don't know those foreign languages" Holden to present for us was just awkward. At least be weird, don't be an actual idiot.

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 9:30 am 

Osore wrote:
My favourite was Finland. Italy was ok musically; their outfits were horrible, except for the heels and makeup. I don't like that retro fashion and rock that sounds ancient. Actually, I don't listen to pre-90s music at all.

Finland were amazing! Their nu-metal/ alt metal style got me in an instant! Their best moment for me was when they were waiting to see if they would be on the finals and their singer just chocked a whole bottle of Heineken :headbang: :headbang:

Osore wrote:
Serbia won when Montenegro segregated, Ukraine won after the war with Russia and now Italy because it was hit hard with COVID-19. :???:
If you want to know the winner before the finals, the odds are very accurate.

Yeah the contest is plagues with geopolitical preferences; but I think that most of the winners deserved to be there. Like Greece in '05, Finland in '06, Russia in '09 and Sweden in '11.

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 9:31 am 

Unity wrote:
I was mostly worried that France would win - I've got nothing against the french, but their entry was just ridiculous. It sounded like a shitty Edith Piaf ripoff.

A friend of mine said the best comment for France : "Man this songs screams France; the only thing missing is the singer having hairy armpits :roll: :roll:

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 3:22 am 

PETERG wrote:
Unity wrote:
I was mostly worried that France would win - I've got nothing against the french, but their entry was just ridiculous. It sounded like a shitty Edith Piaf ripoff.

A friend of mine said the best comment for France : "Man this songs screams France; the only thing missing is the singer having hairy armpits :roll: :roll:

I actually liked the song. Didn't care for the Italian one at all, so I would have liked France to win in that case, even though I was rooting for Iceland. That desription was spot on, though.

PETERG wrote:
Despite not liking the geopolitical voting...

Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I can't say I've noticed that much of it. I mean, Greece and Cyprus 12-pointing each other was a bit egregious, but overall it didn't seem like it mattered, and the top songs deserved their place, more or less.
I know nothing of hair care, so bare with me.

Metal dudes, assemble in the shower!

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 6:17 am 

Got a random letter through from my dental care cover people "due to COVID, no appointments, blah blah, here's a free voucher for Amazon to spend".... which is nice, given that I haven't used their firm for a while now.

It's odd actually, every time to reach the conclusion "I don't use Amazon, I'll close the account", someone (Sky, my work, the dentist now) lobs a voucher at me.

The only conclusion - Bezos is obviously listening.

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:11 am 

yentass wrote:
I was rooting for Iceland.

Man Iceland were amazing! Too bad they got COVID and could not play their song live.

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 12:14 pm 

Happy Towel day

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

MDL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:08 pm 

About Eurovision: I didn't root for anyone, since when I've figured out it was airing on TV, it already had ended lol.
I've listened to some songs, out of curiosity: I didn't like the Italian performance at all. The instrumentals were good, but the vocals weren't that appealing. While I like some rock music with Italian singing, IMO, the vocalist wasn't good enough for me. Probably it was a matter of accent. I don't know.

On the other hand, I really liked the Finnish band, Blind Channel! The artist from Azerbaijan was really good too, in the way they mixed those ethnic music effects in a commercial pop formula. Serbia and Cyprus were good too, even though the latter sounded too much like a ripped off version of "Bad Romance".

On another topic, last night, I dreamt about Metal Archives haha. I've made an appeal for Babymetal, mentioning that they're released two gothic/doom metal demos at the start of their career and they were accepted into the database. Who knows, that might've been a premonitory dream...

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:53 pm 

Is this Bizarrometalarchives? Why is everyone liking the numetal abomination that was Finland's eurovision song? I need answers?

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 11:45 pm 

Opus wrote:
Is this Bizarrometalarchives? Why is everyone liking the numetal abomination that was Finland's eurovision song? I need answers?

I know right. Fucken awful!

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 3:42 am 

Seems like a weird line to draw, considering the subject matter :lol:

...But yeah, WTF Finland?
I know nothing of hair care, so bare with me.

Metal dudes, assemble in the shower!

Hexenmacht46290
Has a GED in Gamercide

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 4:53 pm 

I live in the United States, so I don’t know about Eurovision, but there was actually someone local, who was on one of the big American pop competition shows, and he actually sang to metal songs. I think he sang a Judas Priest song, or something. The first job I ever had, was working at this shitty amusement park, that employed tons of security guards, who tended to be wannabe tough guys(who failed police academy, for stupidity, or laziness). I had one of the better jobs, which was sweeping up trash, which meant you didn’t have to talk to the drunk/gangster/dumber than shit customers as much. The singer, who had been on the idol show, was supposed to be coming there, and I was ordered to clean up all the trash, in his path, as he was going to ride one ride, in our section of the park. He was being escorted by about 40 security guards, it looked fucking stupid. They actually cleared the area, of all other customers, it was pretty ridiculous, I don’t think most people would’ve recognized him, but they wanted to act like they were “bodyguards,” or something.
With my weed, I smoke every day
If I'm not high, the hate will escape
I smoke and smoke, stoned as a fuck
Weed is my life, weed is my love…
-John Gallagher

LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 9:09 am 

Hexenmacht46290 wrote:
there was actually someone local, who was on one of the big American pop competition shows, and he actually sang to metal songs. I think he sang a Judas Priest song, or something.

I don't know if this is who you're thinking of, but on American Idol James Durbin sang "You've Got Another Thing Comin'", and then Priest themselves performed a mini-medley with him at the finale a few weeks later.

Hexenmacht46290
Has a GED in Gamercide

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 10:51 am 

LithoJazzoSphere wrote:
Hexenmacht46290 wrote:
there was actually someone local, who was on one of the big American pop competition shows, and he actually sang to metal songs. I think he sang a Judas Priest song, or something.

I don't know if this is who you're thinking of, but on American Idol James Durbin sang "You've Got Another Thing Comin'", and then Priest themselves performed a mini-medley with him at the finale a few weeks later.

Yeah, that’s him. His band is actually scheduled to play at some “art and wine” festival, for suburbanites, in August. I’m surprised that they booked a non-poser band, as it seems like the kind of thing that’d be attended by people who liked bon jovi 30 years ago.
-John Gallagher

MRmehman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 11:52 am 

Hexenmacht46290 wrote:
Yeah, that’s him. His band is actually scheduled to play at some “art and wine” festival, for suburbanites, in August. I’m surprised that they booked a non-poser band, as it seems like the kind of thing that’d be attended by people who liked bon jovi 30 years ago.

Sounds like a concert you could take your grandmother to.

Hexenmacht46290
Has a GED in Gamercide

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 5:10 pm 

MRmehman wrote:
Hexenmacht46290 wrote:

My actual grandmother was a music teacher, and an elitist music snob. She was also a hoarder, she kept some newspaper clipping, which I discovered, long after her death. It was text, in German announcing she would play piano, at a recital, in the 1930s. Pretty cool, except that underneath it was the Nazi party’s imperial eagle, and not the fucking Slayer version, but the real one. I would’ve cut that part out. I’m assuming she was anti-Nazi, because she actually moved to the United States, and became a translator, for some intelligence agency, in the war(she was born here, and had US citizenship).

She was really into Louis Armstrong, and other pop jazz. Her son became a stereotype of a jazz musician. He played session stuff, and made tv music, and did sound for events, and is a snob, who hated pretty much all music, that isn’t pretentious jazz. When people on here talk about “metal dying,” my perspective on it is informed, by knowing that jazz actually did kind of die, because the musicians tend to be such assholes, that they don’t even form bands with each other, or want a fanbase.

My mother said that her mother would actually go into her room, and adjust the speed, on her record player, claiming that the music was “out of tune.” As if the Beatles didn’t tune their guitars, in a professional studio recording. What that really tells me, is that if you grew up in the 60-70s, you probably heard “the Beatles aren’t even real music! It’s just noise, I saw real music, when I saw (some shit from before world war 2), you kids will never know what real music is!”
-John Gallagher

MRmehman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 9:38 pm 

Hexenmacht46290 wrote:
MRmehman wrote:
Hexenmacht46290 wrote:

My actual grandmother was a music teacher, and an elitist music snob. She was also a hoarder, she kept some newspaper clipping, which I discovered, long after her death. It was text, in German announcing she would play piano, at a recital, in the 1930s. Pretty cool, except that underneath it was the Nazi party’s imperial eagle, and not the fucking Slayer version, but the real one. I would’ve cut that part out. I’m assuming she was anti-Nazi, because she actually moved to the United States, and became a translator, for some intelligence agency, in the war(she was born here, and had US citizenship).

She was really into Louis Armstrong, and other pop jazz. Her son became a stereotype of a jazz musician. He played session stuff, and made tv music, and did sound for events, and is a snob, who hated pretty much all music, that isn’t pretentious jazz. When people on here talk about “metal dying,” my perspective on it is informed, by knowing that jazz actually did kind of die, because the musicians tend to be such assholes, that they don’t even form bands with each other, or want a fanbase.

My mother said that her mother would actually go into her room, and adjust the speed, on her record player, claiming that the music was “out of tune.” As if the Beatles didn’t tune their guitars, in a professional studio recording. What that really tells me, is that if you grew up in the 60-70s, you probably heard “the Beatles aren’t even real music! It’s just noise, I saw real music, when I saw (some shit from before world war 2), you kids will never know what real music is!”

Crazy. I'm not even totally sure my grandmother likes music. When I see her, she always has the TV on and wants to discuss that or wants to complain about a film she saw 20 years-ago but she's never brought up what musical artists she likes. I've never heard her talk about it before at least, though I have seen a few ancient-looking CDs and cassette tapes sitting around next to a disused stereo in the corner of her living room. S'pose this is an excellent thing to ask about next time I call her, thanks for helping me get to know my gran a little better.

And also yeah, some of those jazz people just sound awful. Love the music but jazz players/heads can be fucking arseholes.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 11:32 pm 

Opus wrote:

lmao, I feel you

...Ukraine was dope, though. I can't lie. The Italy song was decent rock, so I'm glad for them, but Ukraine was trippy as hell.

(This is the first time in my entire life that I even gave a glimpse of attention to Eurovision :lol: I was bored on Discord I guess and everyone was talking about it)

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 12:47 am 

Ukraine's song was fun as hell, but i'll be lying if i say that the faster section didn't remind me of bits of the technofolk video POLAND STRONG RUSSIA WE WAR YOU :lol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QCy68CWDKVE&t=28s

Finland was like Linkin Park with worse vocals, i can't see the appeal. Also the censorship on the Italian one was a bit ridicolous: they performed the song with the swear words at the Sanremo festival and then did a censored version at Eurovision, where no one can understand them :lol:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297 ... 332  Next