* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:06 pm 

Slater922 wrote:
DoomMetalAlchemist wrote:
Well it just hit me this morning at work that I'm old.

I have a tattoo on my arm of the Black Sabbath logo from the Mob Rules album. A girl I worked with asks what it says. I say "Black Sabbath." She asks, "What's that?" Now that I completely expected, as my entire lifetime of Sabbath fandom (since about the age of 13) no one my age, let alone younger than me, knew who Sabbath was if they didn't have a keen interest in classic rock or heavy metal. So, what used to always be my failsafe, was to say, "Do you know who Ozzy Osbourne is?" They'd say, "Yes," and I'd say, "Black Sabbath was the band he was in in the 70s." And then they were, like, "Oh, ok."

So that's how I expected this convo to go. I asked her "Do you know who Ozzy Osbourne is?" She said no. I was kinda stunned. Kids today (by which I am including young adults) don't know who Ozzy Osbourne is anymore if they don't have a keen interest in classic rock or heavy metal. His fame from his reality show The Osbournes has been wiped from the mainstream. Ozzy is old hat to the mainstream again.

This is actually kinda sad. The only way we can stop Ozzy and Black Sabbath from being forgotten is if we change the national anthem to Black Sabbath's "Paranoid".

I want to make a silly comment here, but I don't want this to turn political. :lol:

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:08 pm 

severzhavnost wrote:

I have a tattoo on my arm of the Black Sabbath logo from the Mob Rules album. A girl I worked with asks what it says.

Wait a minute. You still physically go to work? Good lord, you are old!

Not sure I understand the joke here. I'm assuming this is in relation to the pandemic, but essential workers are made up of old and young people alike....

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:20 pm 

severzhavnost's post is pretty disrespectful to the millions of people still working *not from home* like our healthcare workers, minimum wage restaurant workers, teachers (like me who teach full time in school) and the likes. Might be a joke but know your fucking privileges to be honest.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:22 pm 

ObservationSlave wrote:

I have a tattoo on my arm of the Black Sabbath logo from the Mob Rules album. A girl I worked with asks what it says. I say "Black Sabbath." She asks, "What's that?" Now that I completely expected, as my entire lifetime of Sabbath fandom (since about the age of 13) no one my age, let alone younger than me, knew who Sabbath was if they didn't have a keen interest in classic rock or heavy metal. So, what used to always be my failsafe, was to say, "Do you know who Ozzy Osbourne is?" They'd say, "Yes," and I'd say, "Black Sabbath was the band he was in in the 70s." And then they were, like, "Oh, ok."

So that's how I expected this convo to go. I asked her "Do you know who Ozzy Osbourne is?" She said no. I was kinda stunned. Kids today (by which I am including young adults) don't know who Ozzy Osbourne is anymore if they don't have a keen interest in classic rock or heavy metal. His fame from his reality show The Osbournes has been wiped from the mainstream. Ozzy is old hat to the mainstream again.

Now you're gonna have to start saying "you know that old British guy Post Malone did a couple songs with?"

Also I totally forgot about this. :lol:

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:23 pm 

Yeah if anything the people who are still going in physically to work could be much younger people without much in the way of protections from COVID and such.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:26 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
Yeah if anything the people who are still going in physically to work could be much younger people without much in the way of protections from COVID and such.

As an essential worker myself, I would say there's no distinction by age of who's still physically going to work. Those (most likely young) minimum wage workers still have managers that need to be there to oversee everything is going smoothly, and sometimes managers can be older.

EzraBlumenfeld
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:31 pm 

Grocery store employee here. I have a lot of coworkers who are high schoolers such as myself, and then another big jump in the 50-70 year old range. That might be unique to my store or regional chain, I just see that most employees (especially in cashiering/bagging, I'm not sure about other departments) are either college age or younger, or upper-middle aged to senior.

As for the Black Sabbath thing, every single person my age knows "Iron Man" whether or not they know who it's by or who the singer was. Interestingly, I've had several people tell me the song is, in fact, by AC/DC.

BEGRAVEMENT - 'Horrific Illusions Beckon' out now!

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:33 pm 

Empyreal wrote:

As an essential worker myself, I would say there's no distinction by age of who's still physically going to work. Those (most likely young) minimum wage workers still have managers that need to be there to oversee everything is going smoothly, and sometimes managers can be older.

Yeah they can be any age; I just thought the other post about being old if you go to work in person was weird.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:37 pm 

EzraBlumenfeld wrote:
Grocery store employee here. I have a lot of coworkers who are high schoolers such as myself, and then another big jump in the 50-70 year old range. That might be unique to my store or regional chain, I just see that most employees (especially in cashiering/bagging, I'm not sure about other departments) are either college age or younger, or upper-middle aged to senior.

As for the Black Sabbath thing, every single person my age knows "Iron Man" whether or not they know who it's by or who the singer was. Interestingly, I've had several people tell me the song is, in fact, by AC/DC.

I know exactly why people think its AC/DC: Because AC/DC did an entire soundtrack for one of the Iron Man Marvel movies. I can't remember if the Sabbath song was ever used in any of the movies (or trailers).

Hexenmacht46290
Has a GED in Gamercide

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:46 pm 

Twisted_Psychology wrote:

But with the Ozzy bias out of the way, we can finally push the narrative that it's actually Iommi's band and give the other lineups their proper due. I see this as a potential win.

Yes.
“It was this band, with Tony Iommi, Bill Ward, and Geezer Butler. I, personally, think they released their best, and most influential material, in the 70s, with Ozzy Osborne, as vocalist. Those albums are my favorite.”
With my weed, I smoke every day
If I'm not high, the hate will escape
I smoke and smoke, stoned as a fuck
Weed is my life, weed is my love…
-John Gallagher

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:50 pm 

Hi... yeah that was a weak joke on my part. It happens :oh shit: I’m gonna lol at those saying it’s “disrespectful” and “privileged” though - I am one of those lower-paid young(ish) folks who still go to work!
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:53 pm 

On the subject of being made to feel old - I was once asked 'do you not listen to anything modern ?!' after someone flicked through the music on my phone & found that nothing there was released after about 1998. This person was one of our new starters, and was born in 2000. :(

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:08 pm 

Methuen, just having music on your phone is “modern” in itself!

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:40 pm 

I don't know, apparently it's boomer-y now, I'm supposed to be paying for two or three streaming services :lol: (doesn't help that I have a 1st gen iphone SE, with 5 years of dents on the back - it looks ten years older than it is :D)

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:47 pm 

Pretty sure we have the same phone, and from your description, they’re about the same condition too :lol:

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:13 pm 

Methuen wrote:
On the subject of being made to feel old - I was once asked 'do you not listen to anything modern ?!' after someone flicked through the music on my phone & found that nothing there was released after about 1998. This person was one of our new starters, and was born in 2000. :(

You don't like to discover new underground bands? Or you just don't like any enough to bother to put on your phone?

severzhavnost wrote:
Methuen, just having music on your phone is “modern” in itself!

True!

Methuen wrote:
I don't know, apparently it's boomer-y now, I'm supposed to be paying for two or three streaming services :lol:

Also true. :lol:

Hexenmacht46290
Has a GED in Gamercide

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:22 pm 

I must be the outlier here. There are a lot of people who work here, who are more educated about music. Someone, in the department next to mine, a few years ago, was wearing an Electric Wizard “legalize drugs and murder” shirt. Someone, in shipping, has a long sleeve Death shirt. Around here, it seems like even the rednecks and cholos think Black Sabbath and Motörhead are cool. Pretty much everyone here is full time, so, no minors.

I think that the most popular pop trends are, or course, the most popular, but don’t have that many fans. It’s just that everything else is “diluted,” by there being so much of it. Which is good. If some music sucks, I can seek out something else, and, what I’m looking for probably exists.

If I want to feel old, I’ll just look in the mirror, or read the news.
-John Gallagher

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:50 pm 

Hexenmacht46290 wrote:
I must be the outlier here. There are a lot of people who work here, who are more educated about music. Someone, in the department next to mine, a few years ago, was wearing an Electric Wizard “legalize drugs and murder” shirt. Someone, in shipping, has a long sleeve Death shirt. Around here, it seems like even the rednecks and cholos think Black Sabbath and Motörhead are cool. Pretty much everyone here is full time, so, no minors.

That's fucking awesome dude. Other than at metal concerts, I think the only doom related band shirt was I was outside in a shopping center right by a university and saw a dude with an EyehateGod shirt. I remember one day at college I saw a dude with a Burzum shirt. Other than metal concerts and my own bandmates, I think the most "underground" shirts I have seen aside from those two are Slayer and Iron Maiden.

But one of those Iron Maiden shirts blew me the fuck away.... a girl at work who is young and SUPER cute, who I had already befriended. In my experience [WARNING: misogyny and sexism incoming], most metal chicks are physically unappealing. And she actually likes the band, not just the shirt design.

Last edited by Metantoine on Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
DMA has been banned for 2 months for that post. For obvious reasons. Jesus fucking christ, dude.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:06 pm 

most metal chicks are physically unappealing. And she actually likes the band, not just the shirt design.

I'll have to disagree with that. I'm not saying all female metalheads are like Kim Kardashian, but they're okay.

Also, if one of your co-workers listen to Iron Maiden, I'd say you're in a good place :wink:

EzraBlumenfeld
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:15 pm 

I have a manager who's a drummer. He told me he learned to play with a double kick instead of a hi hat pedal. He's showed me videos from tech death shows he's been to.

A different manager has roommates in a local hardcore band, who introduced him to Skeletonwitch.

Another coworker talks constantly about Cannibal Corpse. Unfortunately, he's a genuinely despicable person in every other way.

As for sighting metal merch in public, I actually have a pretty good record. I saw an Asphyx shirt while on vacation in Canada. Municipal Waste and Testament shirts in Boston and NYC, respectively, summer. of 2019. There was a guy who I never really spoke to who lived in my old building who I always saw wearing Celtic Frost stuff.

BEGRAVEMENT - 'Horrific Illusions Beckon' out now!

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:20 pm 

Very jealous of you guys with music fans at work - my place is pretty much a wasteland apart from the one Killswitch fan. Every workplace I've been in has one of those.

severzhavnost wrote:
Pretty sure we have the same phone, and from your description, they’re about the same condition too :lol:

Best phone I've had since I moved over from Blackberries - though the metal body leads to overconfidence vs. gravity sometimes :D

Methuen wrote:

You don't like to discover new underground bands? Or you just don't like any enough to bother to put on your phone?

Ah no, just one of those weeks where I'd picked a stack of classics - I have a Ukrainian friend at work that is interested in everything, and she's very tolerant of my Serbian/Ukrainian/Russian doom metal weeks. Translates the lyrics for me sometimes, too. She's always appalled at the amount of Satan, the poor woman :lol:

Last edited by ~Guest 361478 on Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:47 pm 

I always found metal fans in Florida. Met a few through comedy and one of my co-workers at my last actual office job was into a bunch of old school stuff and horror movies, etc. I had it pretty good.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:09 pm 

But one of those Iron Maiden shirts blew me the fuck away.... a girl at work who is young and SUPER cute, who I had already befriended. In my experience [WARNING: misogyny and sexism incoming], most metal chicks are physically unappealing. And she actually likes the band, not just the shirt design.

hoooooooly shit. could you be more of an asshole? statements like these are why women stay out of metal. grow the fuck up.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

kalervon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:37 pm 

Methuen wrote:
I was once asked 'do you not listen to anything modern ?!'
I was asked a similar question:
'do you not listen to anything alive ?!'

Luvers
Writes generic (and possibly meandering) posts

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:55 pm 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
hoooooooly shit. could you be more of an asshole?
Being serious here, how was that comment in anyway bad? I doubt it was his profanity you disliked, so what else could it be? He pointed out that he was writing from "his experience" (so the only thing he could draw upon) and then gave his opinion on his attraction level to certain people who like a style of music. Is he not allowed to find certain people physically unappealing? Is he not allowed to like/dislike the looks of any person/people he wants to? He was not even punching down with his comment, all he did was state HIS OPINION that some women who like metal he finds unappealing to look at.
Erosion of Humanity wrote:
statements like these are why women stay out of metal.
There are actually lots of reasons why a music - that was made predominantly by males, centered around testosterone and being aggressive (something scientifically proven to be more applicable to males) and had a wholly male audience until the last two decades or so - would be not immediately geared towards the female persuasion. Of course anyone can like/dislike whatever they want and ones gender does not apply, but being upset over a comment like this reeks of virtue signaling. ... .If the comment had been Metal is for men, women try too hard to be 'metal' and is so fake, they should stop infringing upon this manly music then there would be a point, but he did not write a single thing that warranted any response besides "okay".

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:15 pm 

You know what pisses me off more than men posting misogyny?

Women enabling them. Fuck off.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:22 am 

Methuen wrote:
Very jealous of you guys with music fans at work - my place is pretty much a wasteland apart from the one Killswitch fan. Every workplace I've been in has one of those.

Back at my Whole Foods job I would very occasionally see a customer in a Dark Funeral shirt, and I think I one day saw a guy in prepared foods sporting a Mystifier hat when he came in, but I don't remember.

That and at my previous job someone randomly recommended me Red Seas Fire but not only are they not on the site they're blacklisted (probably djent, I'm surprised I even still remember that name)

Other than that, pretty barren here in this part of NJ, sadly.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:29 pm 

I live in upper middle part of NJ. I go to the store in metal and punk shirts all of the time. Have never seen anyone else wearing them, but one day I hope. The closest I saw was a woman, dressed like a Marilyn Manson type goth.

FrysPest
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:40 pm 

Anyone else having problems with Bandcamp credit card payments at the moment?

Hexenmacht46290
Has a GED in Gamercide

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:52 pm 

[WARNING: misogyny and sexism incoming], most metal chicks are physically unappealing. And she actually likes the band, not just the shirt design.

Wow. I was not expecting to read something like this. Too bad the douche age is over, and you got banned.

Luvers wrote:
...and had a wholly male audience until the last two decades or so...

Didn’t Black Sabbath make music, back in the 70s, partially because they thought it might(among other benefits) make women want to come see them live, and even possibly want to have sex?
-John Gallagher

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:20 am 

FrysPest wrote:
Anyone else having problems with Bandcamp credit card payments at the moment?

If you mean it seems to selectively tell you they're not permitted ? Yep, massively frustrating !

Osore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:38 am 

wizard_of_bore wrote:
I live in upper middle part of NJ. I go to the store in metal and punk shirts all of the time. Have never seen anyone else wearing them, but one day I hope. The closest I saw was a woman, dressed like a Marilyn Manson type goth.

I see people dressed as metalheads from time to time; much rarely female goths. The last time I saw a male goth was in 2010 I think (if you don't count looking myself in the mirror), and the last time I saw an emo (''sk8er boi'') was in 2019. Endemic species. -.-

kalervon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:22 pm 

Hexenmacht46290 wrote:
Didn’t Black Sabbath make music, back in the 70s, partially because they thought it might(among other benefits) make women want to come see them live, and even possibly want to have sex?
This is something we hear in many interviews.. such and such picked up a guitar in the first place because they wanted to get girls; but I don't remember anyone from Sabbath saying so, and by the way, they started making music in the 60s. I guess it's a whole: the thrill to play in front of people, to emulate the kind of adulation they assumed bands like The Beatles got, etc. Having more ease to meet and pick up women is just a part of it. Had it been their main purpose, Sabbath would have chosen a different music style and look. The late 60s and 70s associated rock stardom with groupie and sex antics, and this is what drove most of the 80s L.A. metal scene. As Lemmy said:
Spoiler: show

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:42 pm 

I always figured Sabbath started off playing music because they worked shitty jobs and used it as a way to relieve stress.

Hexenmacht46290
Has a GED in Gamercide

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:25 pm 

I didn’t mean that was the only reason. I was responding to the ridiculous claim that metal had a “wholly male audience.” Of course, being on stage, you get attention, so yeah, better chances. But I’m pretty sure that they just wanted to play heavy rock in a new style, express their emotions and concerns, and ultimately, get big enough that they could quit their jobs at the steel mill, and and not be poor anymore.

I was using them as an example, arguing against the post defending the ‘warning: sexism and misogyny incoming’ post, on the basis of metal being for men only. Even Manowar don’t actually want that.
-John Gallagher

kalervon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:41 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
I'll never say anything bad about the other early Sabbath albums obviously. I always liked the debut, sure. But you get to appreciate the weird rawness and creativity of that debut more the more you listen, I think. "Warning" is a great way to end the album. Just overflowing bluesy guitar. You can get lost in it. Perfect for a beer on a Saturday afternoon I think.

I love Black Sabbath's debut like anyone else, but my favorite unique, weird and raw album (and yet somewhat heavy) of that era is Scorpions' Lonesome Crow (1972).

Sure, it is heavily influenced by Black Sabbath's debut (and a few noticeable other moments can be traced to Status Quo, Deep Purple, Spirit and possibly other British bands), but it has everything that krautrock production had to offer back then (Conny Plank was a krautrock producer; the band did NOT play krautrock, no matter what Martin Popoff says), and for me, it is totally obscure compared to Sabbath's debut because I had absolutely no partial exposure to it until I got the actual cassette. Scorpions only played a partial version of In Search of the Peace of Mind when they got remotely famous in 1978, then abandoned it, live, and otherwise would never play these songs live.

The Sabbath debut had such killer songs on it; they became staples of their live gigs, with and after Ozzy, of Ozzy's solo gigs and they featured on countless compilations. Who doesn't know N.I.B., the title track, The Wizard, and even Warning featured on the WSOSFRNR compilation ! When I finally bought the Black Sabbath debut, I knew all songs except Behind the Wall of Sleep and Sleeping Village, plus a couple interludes. My approach to it had been gradual, with live and studio tracks (Ozzy's Speak of the Devil, Sabbath's Live Evil, WSOSFRNR..).

When you put Lonesome Crow on, you really don't expect much because it's from that Rock You Like a Hurricane band (and now I guess you could say Wind of Change). And you're in for something really epic: great solos, a little funky but predominantly bluesy and heavy with some acoustic passages and weird effects thrown in. it has that downright mouldy, smoky but cozy 70s basement atmosphere.

Luvers
Writes generic (and possibly meandering) posts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:56 am 

Hexenmacht46290 wrote:
Luvers wrote:
...and had a wholly male audience until the last two decades or so...
I would not know why they chose to do what they did. I thought it was a chance to express their animosity towards horrible impoverished upbringing.
Hexenmacht46290 wrote:
I didn’t mean that was the only reason. I was responding to the ridiculous claim that metal had a “wholly male audience.”
Regardless of how ridiculous you think it is, does not change the fact that metal has always been a music created mostly by men, for men and is purchased and appreciated most by men.

Obviously women can like metal, I like metal. I knew other women who liked metal back in the '80s, '90s and so on. However, for every woman who likes/loves metal, there are an exorbitant number of men who like/love it even more.
Hexenmacht46290 wrote:
I was using them as an example, arguing against the post defending the ‘warning: sexism and misogyny incoming’ post, on the basis of metal being for men only. Even Manowar don’t actually want that.
I was not defending anything. I was merely asking how a statement that reads as someone offering their perspective towards what he finds (or in this case does NOT find) attractive was so bad. Sure he could have worded things better but "Throughout my life, I do not find these particular people to be appealing," just hardly seems to be sexist or misogynist in anyway

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:26 am 

Out of nowhere this particularly old video popped into my head.

For something that was done in 98? Or so? It's miles ahead of its' time. Just strikes me as a fairly funny and charming video, the shit quality helps too. I reckon the fact Meshuggah play it straight helps more.

Bit of an odd trajectory with meshuggah, I've went amazing --> complete garbage --> actually pretty fun. They can't be helped that they inspired a heap of shit bands.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:56 am 

kalervon wrote:
Empyreal wrote:
I'll never say anything bad about the other early Sabbath albums obviously. I always liked the debut, sure. But you get to appreciate the weird rawness and creativity of that debut more the more you listen, I think. "Warning" is a great way to end the album. Just overflowing bluesy guitar. You can get lost in it. Perfect for a beer on a Saturday afternoon I think.

I love Black Sabbath's debut like anyone else, but my favorite unique, weird and raw album (and yet somewhat heavy) of that era is Scorpions' Lonesome Crow (1972).

Sure, it is heavily influenced by Black Sabbath's debut (and a few noticeable other moments can be traced to Status Quo, Deep Purple, Spirit and possibly other British bands), but it has everything that krautrock production had to offer back then (Conny Plank was a krautrock producer; the band did NOT play krautrock, no matter what Martin Popoff says), and for me, it is totally obscure compared to Sabbath's debut because I had absolutely no partial exposure to it until I got the actual cassette. Scorpions only played a partial version of In Search of the Peace of Mind when they got remotely famous in 1978, then abandoned it, live, and otherwise would never play these songs live.

The Sabbath debut had such killer songs on it; they became staples of their live gigs, with and after Ozzy, of Ozzy's solo gigs and they featured on countless compilations. Who doesn't know N.I.B., the title track, The Wizard, and even Warning featured on the WSOSFRNR compilation ! When I finally bought the Black Sabbath debut, I knew all songs except Behind the Wall of Sleep and Sleeping Village, plus a couple interludes. My approach to it had been gradual, with live and studio tracks (Ozzy's Speak of the Devil, Sabbath's Live Evil, WSOSFRNR..).

When you put Lonesome Crow on, you really don't expect much because it's from that Rock You Like a Hurricane band (and now I guess you could say Wind of Change). And you're in for something really epic: great solos, a little funky but predominantly bluesy and heavy with some acoustic passages and weird effects thrown in. it has that downright mouldy, smoky but cozy 70s basement atmosphere.

You know, I don't think I ever heard that one. My favorites from them are In Trance and Virgin Killer so I guess I ought to.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:48 pm 

I am waiting for the thread in the metal discussion "bands that didn't become heavier over time nor did they become lighter over time." It seems like people are running out of discussion topics. Here are some below:

Bands who had one armed drummers
Bands who had all trans members
Bands who were named Bands
Bands with no members
Bands that you like, but you think your best friend from school probably wont approve of them
Bands that people perceive as evil, but they are really nice guys
Bands where every member is a drunken alcoholic
Bands that only wear black (I'm really looking forward to the deep discussion on this one)
Ronnie James Dio Vs Lemmy. Can there be only one God?

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288 ... 332  Next