Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
zen3001
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:58 pm
Posts: 46
Location: Some shithole in germany
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:26 pm 
 

Just bought the skeletal remain album and it came with three 10x10 cm (that's 4 or 5 inches) stickers, one is on my laptop but puting the others on it will take away the whole place on my laptop and I don't want it to be filled with only skeletal remain.
What else can I do with them?
_________________
SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!

Top
 Profile  
Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:05 am
Posts: 7082
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:40 pm 
 

I wanted to say something sarcastic but fuck it, here are some real suggestions:

- Do you have speakers that you listen to music on? Slap those bad boys on your speakers!

- Do you have some kind of storage you keep your CDs, tapes, and LPs in? Slap those bad boys on your media storage!

- Do you have any friends who dig Skeletal Remains? Slap those bad boys into the hands of those other bad boys!
_________________
I'm livin' for givin' the Devil his due...

Top
 Profile  
zen3001
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:58 pm
Posts: 46
Location: Some shithole in germany
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:46 pm 
 

no one I know likes death metal and I don't have many possessions that will be with me for a longer while, but still good suggestions. got any more ideas?
_________________
SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!

Top
 Profile  
Kerrick
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:02 pm
Posts: 921
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:37 pm 
 

I've amassed a nice little sticker collection myself and ended up taking some of my favorites and framing them in my home office next to my music collection. I used small pieces of double-sided tape on their backs to keep them in place. That way if I do ever want to stick them somewhere later, I can. I apologize for the poor picture, but it actually looks quite nice on the wall:

Image

Top
 Profile  
DecemberSoul
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:46 am
Posts: 839
Location: Switzerland
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:49 pm 
 

Kerrick wrote:
I've amassed a nice little sticker collection myself and ended up taking some of my favorites and framing them in my home office next to my music collection. I used small pieces of double-sided tape on their backs to keep them in place. That way if I do ever want to stick them somewhere later, I can. I apologize for the poor picture, but it actually looks quite nice on the wall:

Image


Not too shabby, but doesn't hold a candle to the urn placed on the CD shelf.
_________________
______In Marble Halls Of Falling Snow______

Top
 Profile  
Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:21 am
Posts: 5093
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:18 pm 
 

Worst case scenario, do what I do with leftover patches: put them in a large pencil box and save them for later.
_________________
booK_of_blood wrote:
booK_of_blood wrote:
Khanus' sound and aesthetics both seem pretty singular to me; I doubt whether any parallels can be drawn between the former and any other band out there...


The most ridiculous claim ever made, this should be a classic signature, but I'm too lazy...



Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
iiix
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:55 am
Posts: 195
Location: DC
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:45 pm 
 

I have a few boxes of 45s and I slap them on there.
_________________
GrimReapingDeath wrote:
who are you to judge whats metal and what isnt ? more importantly, why are you suck dicks ?

Top
 Profile  
tahu157
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:22 pm
Posts: 466
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:08 pm 
 

Kerrick wrote:
doesn't hold a candle to the urn placed on the CD shelf.

Which doesn't hold a candle to the mountain goat on the picture frame.

Top
 Profile  
Xenophon
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:07 am
Posts: 881
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:58 am 
 

tahu157 wrote:
Kerrick wrote:
doesn't hold a candle to the urn placed on the CD shelf.

Which doesn't hold a candle to the mountain goat on the picture frame.

That is indeed one majestic-looking creature.

Top
 Profile  
BasqueStorm
Metal freak

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 4180
Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:10 am 
 

zen3001 wrote:
What else can I do with them?

Jonpo wrote:
I wanted to say something sarcastic but fuck it, here are some real suggestions:
...

Stick them. :P

Top
 Profile  
Kerrick
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:02 pm
Posts: 921
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:30 am 
 

Xenophon wrote:
Which doesn't hold a candle to the mountain goat on the picture frame.

That is indeed one majestic-looking creature.[/quote]

LOL. I'm sad to say that the "urn" is just a flower vase with no flowers in it... I must've slept through my home decor class or something. But I'm glad y'all like the goat. That little fella is pretty cool and came all the way from Hungary when my wife and I toured some spectacular caves there with her dad. The goat, however, doesn't hold a candle to this hand-carved wooden boar we got in Slovakia (where my wife is originally from). I should get a picture of that guy...

Top
 Profile  
Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:33 pm
Posts: 2492
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:08 am 
 

Kerrick wrote:
I've amassed a nice little sticker collection myself and ended up taking some of my favorites and framing them in my home office next to my music collection. I used small pieces of double-sided tape on their backs to keep them in place. That way if I do ever want to stick them somewhere later, I can. I apologize for the poor picture, but it actually looks quite nice on the wall:

Image


That reminds me of what I did with my old Metal shirts. I gave them to my mom to turn them into a blanket. It's pretty rad. It also covers a queen sized mattress.

Took her five years to make it, but in the end, it was worth it. I have other shirts I've retired that I want to put on there.
_________________
Warm Fuzzy Cynical comics.
Warm Fuzzy Cynical Facebook page.

Top
 Profile  
Kerrick
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:02 pm
Posts: 921
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:23 pm 
 

Wow that is a fantastic idea; I love it! Got any pictures?

Quilting is a pretty popular pasttime up here in northern Idaho. (We had our first child a couple months ago and she's been given multiple blankets and quilts from people from our church we don't even know - maybe I can convince one of those church ladies to quilt me a metal blanket too hahaha.)

Top
 Profile  
joppek
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:36 am
Posts: 1531
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:10 pm 
 

inside the toilet of a bar seems to be a pretty popular place to slap stickers in
_________________
All the best bands are affiliated with Satan. -Bart Simpson

Top
 Profile  
Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:33 pm
Posts: 2492
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:59 pm 
 

Kerrick wrote:
Wow that is a fantastic idea; I love it! Got any pictures?

Quilting is a pretty popular pasttime up here in northern Idaho. (We had our first child a couple months ago and she's been given multiple blankets and quilts from people from our church we don't even know - maybe I can convince one of those church ladies to quilt me a metal blanket too hahaha.)



Boy howdy, I have not touched PhotoBucket in ages. Finally found my login, so here's the quilt:

Image

It's funny that you mention that quilting is a popular past time in northern Idaho. My mom cobbled this together for me, and she's originally fromwest-central Idaho (Payette), but we have a bunch of relatives still in the northern reaches. The blanket is really heavy, and I have about as many more shirts I'd like to chop up to add to it in a more patch-work manner.

My girlfriend has 2 sewing machines and 3 sewing machine tables, so maybe we can do it when one of those is set up.
_________________
Warm Fuzzy Cynical comics.
Warm Fuzzy Cynical Facebook page.

Top
 Profile  
Kerrick
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:02 pm
Posts: 921
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:23 pm 
 

That looks fantastic! LOL "the blanket is really heavy." Of course it is; it's not a soft rock blanket after all haha. I was imagining a more patchwork layout when you mentioned the blanket and think that'd probably even further improve it were you to go with your plan. If/when you do, be sure to post more pictures!

We moved to Idaho from Santa Cruz, California this past spring and while we miss the ocean a bit, we LOVE it here. Idaho is a good place. People here really appreciate their freedoms which I like a lot, and it's absolutely beautiful here with all the mountains, trees, and lakes. We're up in Hayden (near Coeur d'Alene) which is only about 100 miles south of Canada.

Top
 Profile  
Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:33 pm
Posts: 2492
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:49 pm 
 

Kerrick wrote:
That looks fantastic! LOL "the blanket is really heavy." Of course it is; it's not a soft rock blanket after all haha. I was imagining a more patchwork layout when you mentioned the blanket and think that'd probably even further improve it were you to go with your plan. If/when you do, be sure to post more pictures!

We moved to Idaho from Santa Cruz, California this past spring and while we miss the ocean a bit, we LOVE it here. Idaho is a good place. People here really appreciate their freedoms which I like a lot, and it's absolutely beautiful here with all the mountains, trees, and lakes. We're up in Hayden (near Coeur d'Alene) which is only about 100 miles south of Canada.


Yeah, it's less patchwork than I had originally pictured when she started making it, but I really can't complain. I wish I had retired more shirts at the time! I have a lot of leftovers from my youth where for some reason I kept getting Large or XL sized shirts for my medium-sized frame. I need to add OverKill, Bathory, Amon Amarth, and Hypocrisy to it at least.

Idaho really is beautiful, though. I'm hoping to make it out there next year for a family reunion. But we'll probably just be driving through on the way to Oregon.
_________________
Warm Fuzzy Cynical comics.
Warm Fuzzy Cynical Facebook page.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ferneyhough and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group