Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:53 am 

Manic Maniac wrote:
Trumps "I'm the chosen one" comment is about his voters, not Israel, you idiots.

Except it's not. He is Cyrus II - King of The Jews. They call him Cyrus from the Bible that allowed the Jews to build the 2nd temple... they believe (highly likely) Trump will build the 3rd temple.

InnesI
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:53 am 

henkkjelle wrote:
InnesI wrote:

60% of the law legislation has its source in the EU (in a Swedish context https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/Kv ... eus-beslut ).

I've never understood this criticism. So what if a lot of laws have their source in the EU? They're being voted on by democratically elected officals from each member state.

If one doesn't have a problem with the superstate idea then it isn't a problem. However for us that would rather see a decentralized society in general (also giving separate regions within a nation state more independence) anything that bypasses a more local decision making institution is a step in the wrong direction. And of course the reasoning behind a more decentralized society in general is that the closer you are to the situation the more likely it is that you see the actual problem and have good ideas on how to cure them. It's a classic divide between city and country side as well. Or as in the UK the situation between London and Scotland for example (although there are, of course, huge historical factors in the England/Scotland situation).

Manic Maniac
Grammaritically Challengated

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:37 am 

"We've done it lads, we've solved racism!"
People are implying I'm racist against Hispanics, which is not even a race. Hipsanic is a term relating to all people in Latin America that hold mixed white ancestry. I don't claim to deny racism doesn't exist.

Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:48 am 

InnesI wrote:
Ilwhyan wrote:
Can you give an example of some rules that UK would get rid of that would end up for the benefit of its people?

Since I haven't lived in England for 10 years I'm not particularly well read on the specifics of the UK as it is.

That's all you needed to say.

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:09 am 

Manic Maniac wrote:
I don't claim to deny racism doesn't exist.

Exactly.

InnesI
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:23 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
InnesI wrote:
Ilwhyan wrote:
Can you give an example of some rules that UK would get rid of that would end up for the benefit of its people?

Since I haven't lived in England for 10 years I'm not particularly well read on the specifics of the UK as it is.

That's all you needed to say.

Feel free to actually meet the points I made - even though they were more of a general than a particular kind. I think they are all good reasons for anyone to be very sceptical to the EU.

Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:59 pm 

InnesI wrote:
* Laws can be made on an EU level directly effecting an individual country without the laws having been accepted in the national parliament.

I came across this:
https://twitter.com/mac_puck/status/1087365509509713920
How real or imagined is that threat, based on what has happened between 1996 and 2014, according to this? It looks a lot like this small fraction of laws that UK didn't vote for has nevertheless been beneficial for the people of UK.

InnesI wrote:
* EU has non democratic tendencies. No matter what the public votes in separate countries say the EU hasn't accepted the result if they happen to be the "wrong one" (Denmark 1992, Ireland in 2001 and 2008, France in 2005 and the Netherlands in 2005). Sweden voted no to the Euro currency but it seems like we have been bound to give up our national currency anyway before 2025 because of the Maastricht Treaty.
UK has opted out of the EMU, so it's not a relevant argument for Brexit.

InnesI wrote:
We also have the somewhat suspicious election of the very top names in the union which becomes increasingly undemocratic. And it happens between closed doors since there is no transparency principle in the EU (like we have in Sweden).
What positions in the union do you specifically refer to?

InnesI wrote:
* We risk giving up our neutrality or independence in case of war (a big thing in Sweden) since we are bound to support whatever directions the EU give us.
The Lisbon treaty obliges member states of the EU to assist any EU state that is the target of armed aggression by another country. However, it doesn't specify that the aid must be armed. What kind of neutrality would Sweden or any other EU state be afraid of losing if an EU state was under attack by a foreign state?

InnesI wrote:
* Free movement and loss of border controls has made the influx of weapons and drugs massively increase but most of all harder to track. The free movement also increases the pollution in Europe. And cheaper meat comes from countries with less restrictions on animal health and animal care. Making it cheap to buy bad meat while Swedish farmers get outrivaled. It also leads to loss of major companies who can move easier to countries where the labour is cheaper. It also leads to national workers loosing jobs because it is cheaper to hire seasonal workers from elsewhere. Social dumping.
Those sound like very bad things, but can you provide sources for those claims? Insofar as the penultimate point is relevant to UK, to me it's blatantly obvious that Brexit has damaged and is threatening to decimate UK's status as a financial hub. There has been an exodus of major companies. It seems plainly hypocritical to argue pro-Brexit on those grounds.

InnesI wrote:
* EU is a threat to the free internet as we know it (first IPRED and then article 11 and 13).
The enforcement directive has been in effect since 15 years ago, I think? Articles 11 and 13, or 15 and 17 as they are now called, do seem extremely bad, but how - and if - they will be implemented by member states remains to be seen.

InnesI wrote:
* EU spreads poverty. Compare the streets of Stockholm today - beggars in every corner - to Stockholm 10 years ago. Massive difference!
An anecdotal reference to an isolated phenomenon, completely ignoring the sheer complexity of the effects that EU membership has on a state financially. In any case, the topic was not Sweden.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:45 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
Am I just incredibly tired or is this one of the most appalling things ever written on this forum?

It is. And he's lucky he's only getting 1 month for this xenophobic trash.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

InnesI
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:34 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
I came across this:
https://twitter.com/mac_puck/status/1087365509509713920
How real or imagined is that threat, based on what has happened between 1996 and 2014, according to this? It looks a lot like this small fraction of laws that UK didn't vote for has nevertheless been beneficial for the people of UK.

You hit on a very important point in that the UK is one of the power houses of the Union. I'm guessing France and Germany would have similar statistics. It seems as though the Remainers claim its 13% and the Brexiteers at around 60%. I found this BBC article that seems more balanced on the topic though: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu ... m-36473105

I think one of the major things that will benefit the UK are that you will be able to negotiate your own trade agreements with whomever you choose without having to consider EU regulation and EU policy. The general economic argument is of course still strong. Not having to pay for EU membership or having to pay to save the unstable EU countries (time and time again).

I think some other laws that EU regulates that will be positive for the UK long term are the free movement of labour, benefits for non-residents and of course there are all the stupid small rules such as regulations as to what is a standard quality banana or cucumber or the tampon tax. They are not important in the big picture but the petty regulations always make me smile at the same time as it shows the sad side of the EU and how they want to meddle in things they shouldn't.

Quote:
UK has opted out of the EMU, so it's not a relevant argument for Brexit.

True! You were smart enough to sign some sort of exception agreement. Still the EU is a Union that wants to claim we have free elections regarding things like the Euro while they know all to well that most of us has already agreed to introduce it. Like that friend who makes you think you've got a choice but knows you really don't. But even without the Euro its a major argument for leaving the EU since its one very fragile currency system (as we saw in 2008 and in the wake of the financial crisis). If (when) the next crisis hits the risk that it will effect all of Europe is larger compared to if we can solve our own problems at home and that our currency isn't interlocked with others. As for the UK being an EU member is a risk in itself since it is sos trongly connected to the EMU.

Quote:
What positions in the union do you specifically refer to?

Touché! I seem to have misunderstood some of the facts in this case. The basic gist seems to be this:

https://www.businessinsider.com/is-the- ... ?r=US&IR=T

And while the commission is undemocratic in certain ways it is not an argument I wish to bring forth. I also had in mind the election of Donald Tusk but I seem to remember it worng (or have been misinformed or perhaps confused it with something else). So as far as this one goes I'll leave walk over ;-)

As I say elsewhere I do think there are some undemocratic tendencies in how they treat referendums, national governments and the like though.

Quote:
The Lisbon treaty obliges member states of the EU to assist any EU state that is the target of armed aggression by another country. However, it doesn't specify that the aid must be armed. What kind of neutrality would Sweden or any other EU state be afraid of losing if an EU state was under attack by a foreign state?

Maybe this was to much of a Swedish point. There is a huge pride in out neutrality policy, and thus our ability to have been a peaceful country for over 200 years.

Quote:
Those sound like very bad things, but can you provide sources for those claims?

I did not find a good link regarding the air pollution problem in which is specifically conencted it with free movement. As for the other claims I made:

Open borders and drugs, human trafficking and the like: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politi ... study.html

Social dumping: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... workers-eu

Animal health and reduced prices for bad meat: https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... -standards

Relocation of businesses and factories because of cheaper labour etc: https://www.ft.com/content/74ab02a6-fd8 ... 144feab49a

Spreading of poverty (misuse of free movement – UK related and not based on my personal observations in Stockholm this time): https://www.compas.ox.ac.uk/2015/beggin ... f-poverty/

Quote:
Insofar as the penultimate point is relevant to UK, to me it's blatantly obvious that Brexit has damaged and is threatening to decimate UK's status as a financial hub. There has been an exodus of major companies. It seems plainly hypocritical to argue pro-Brexit on those grounds.

It is quite clear that the UK will take an initial economic hit. I've never said otherwise. However I think you will do better long term. If we have learned anything from the non-EU members (Switzerland and Norway) it is that with their freedom to decide over their own laws and resources they can make sure to do all they can to keep stable and pursue their own interests.

Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:01 am 

Speaking strictly of legislation, I think it was helpful to see the total number of new legislation passed in the UK during the same period, as it really puts to perspective how much legal influence the EU has had. As for cucumber directives and the whole lot, incidentally, misleading and false information about byzantine EU directives and regulations is largely the legacy of Boris Johnson's career as a so-called journalist. I understand the concern of EU influence in legislation, but for member states, it has been a worthwhile tradeoff given the improved functioning and stability of the zone - provided that member states are consistently capable of voting reasonably competent representatives. The laws thus passed have not been bad, from what I've seen, despite the fact that the content of some of the directives has been worrying (such as the copyright articles).

As for the freedom to negotiate their own trade agreements, the UK will quickly have to capitalise on that. The economic stress that leaving EU puts on the UK is taking its toll. Norway's economy is safeguarded by their brilliant investment strategy capitalising on the once lucrative oil production, and Switzerland's economy is equally unique, not least because of the unscrupulous but highly prosperous banking and investment sector. If the UK can be considered to have an economic trump card similar to Swiss banks or Norwegian oil investments, it must be London as the hub of world finance. Brexit endangering that, the economic arguments for Brexit are simply not very convincing. It would be very interesting to see an alternative future where the UK had never joined EU in the first place.

Ugh, that Telegraph article spends half of the time complaining about immigrants. Talk about a right-wing rag.

The Guardian article on cheap migrant labour is a very good read, though. The victims seem to be the migrants, and the beneficiaries the large economies such as Germany. One wonders how much member states like that are motivated to find solutions to the problem?

While the UK has better standards for meat production than some states that end up exporting it, there is a flip side to leaving behind the EU regulations. I'm sure you've heard the chlorine chicken talking points. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ken-brexit

Sadly, I don't have a FT subscription (although I occassionally read the paper version). FT articles used to be accessible via google searches despite the paywall, but it seems like they've been able to fix that.

InnesI
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:51 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:
The laws thus passed have not been bad, from what I've seen, despite the fact that the content of some of the directives has been worrying (such as the copyright articles).

Well, I'm not one to say the EU is all bad. Of course it has its good points but in general I see it as a bad development. And of course the biggest trouble with the union is the loss of independence, the economic troubles it presents (sometimes presented as a strength, by the pro-EU crowd, that all countries currencies are interconnected) and the loss of border control. For me personally its great but I don't think it is if we are to look at a national scale.

Quote:
If the UK can be considered to have an economic trump card similar to Swiss banks or Norwegian oil investments, it must be London as the hub of world finance. Brexit endangering that, the economic arguments for Brexit are simply not very convincing.

Well, the UK did rather well pre-EU so I don't think they'll collapse post-EU. True the situation is different but the UK has mostly been strong internationally (sometimes in good ways, sometimes in bad). I can't see you loosing your foothold just because you leave a union that you haven't really been a part of that long (if we look at it with historical glasses).

Quote:
Ugh, that Telegraph article spends half of the time complaining about immigrants. Talk about a right-wing rag.

You think? To me it just seems like he's mostly trying to summarize the report. But of course one can read the original document instead- albeit it is 84 pages long! https://www.gov.uk/guidance/review-of-t ... ompetences

Quote:
I'm sure you've heard the chlorine chicken talking points. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ken-brexit

Thanks! I will read the article later on today.

Quote:
Sadly, I don't have a FT subscription (although I occassionally read the paper version). FT articles used to be accessible via google searches despite the paywall, but it seems like they've been able to fix that.

I don't have a subscription but I could read the article. But I have ad-blocker and no-script installed and sometimes that works so that I can read stuff that's behind pay walls (even though that's not the reason I use them).

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:43 am 

droneriot wrote:
the European far right talks about immigrants being criminal, the word "immigrant" is a convenient code word because what they really intend to say is "the n-word are criminal" or "the sand n-word criminal"

Again, what does this have to do with fascism? A direct Mussolini quote:

Race? It is a feeling, not a reality. Ninety-five per cent, at least. Nothing will ever make me believe that biologically pure races can be shown to exist today.... National pride has no need of the delirium of race.

Race was one of the biggest points of contention between Mussolini and Hitler.

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:46 am 

TheGrimWombat wrote:
Again, what does this have to do with fascism?

There's no "again", that was a response to someone else on another subject, randomly referring it to another subject makes zero sense.

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:11 am 

droneriot wrote:
TheGrimWombat wrote:
Again, what does this have to do with fascism?

There's no "again", that was a response to someone else on another subject, randomly referring it to another subject makes zero sense.

Was this not about the European counterparts to "fascist" Trump and supporters? If I'm incorrect, sorry. I did just wake up.

InnesI
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:51 pm 

TheGrimWombat wrote:
droneriot wrote:
the European far right talks about immigrants being criminal, the word "immigrant" is a convenient code word because what they really intend to say is "the n-word are criminal" or "the sand n-word criminal"

Again, what does this have to do with fascism? A direct Mussolini quote:

Race? It is a feeling, not a reality. Ninety-five per cent, at least. Nothing will ever make me believe that biologically pure races can be shown to exist today.... National pride has no need of the delirium of race.

Race was one of the biggest points of contention between Mussolini and Hitler.

This is true. Mussolini wasn't so much concerned with biological race. It would be impossible in Italy which is a very diverse country even though we might not think of it that way today. Even the Italian language as a language spoken for all people living in Italy is a VERY recent idea in a historical context. At il Risorgimento in 1861 ("the unifying of Italy") historians believe only about 2,5% of all Italians spoke italian as their mother tongue! Italy was much more of a geographical description than a cultural, lingual or political coherency. And even in the late 1800's and early 1900's it was a very heterogeneous country. One of the lasting effects of Mussolini's regime was the cultural unifying of Italy as a country (even though we of course see some big differences still today - especially between north and south).

Of course fascist Italy did constitute race laws but not until 1938 and by that point Mussolini had largely become a puppet of Hitler's. But even then they weren't complied with all that strictly. I believe history would have been very different if he had not decided to actively enter the war like Franco's Spain.

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:22 am 

InnesI wrote:
Instead of just a one line reply feel free to actually put some arguments forth. Otherwise we will end up with a "-You're wrong! -No, you're wrong!" type situation and no one wants that.

The reason I didn't do that was because your "points" suffer from massive correlation/causation issues that just make it impossible to take them very seriously.

Here's the two most obvious examples:

InnesI wrote:
* EU spreads poverty. Compare the streets of Stockholm today - beggars in every corner - to Stockholm 10 years ago. Massive difference!

Was the EU formed 10 years ago? Nope. Was the Euro introduced 10 years ago? Nope. So what might have happened 10 years ago that might have affected the economy? Like Lehman Brothers? Like subprime mortgage? Like global recession? Yeah let's just blame the EU for that. Funny. It's a world wide problem, caused by the same "far right pretending to be conservative" dickweeds who then championed for Brexit.

InnesI wrote:
* Free movement and loss of border controls has made the influx of weapons and drugs massively increase but most of all harder to track.

Yeah an increased problem with drugs. Not exactly a big surprise after replacing an Islamist dictatorship with warlords in the world's top poppy producing countries and a Mexican president sending fully armed police and troops into cartel ambushes so the cartels can pick up their military grade weaponry for free and all the other such super genius "war on drugs" actions. Yeah let's blame free movement in the EU for that even though the vast majority of drugs are important from overseas and free movement in the EU matters fuck all to that. It's a world wide problem, caused by the same "far right pretending to be conservative" dickweeds who then championed for Brexit.

I also loved this for which one you couldn't provide a source when asked for obvious reasons:
InnesI wrote:
The free movement also increases the pollution in Europe.

Yeah I'm sure introducing standardised rail gauges across Europe allowing easy travel by train across the continent increased pollution.

Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:44 am 

droneriot wrote:
Yeah an increased problem with drugs. Not exactly a big surprise after replacing an Islamist dictatorship with warlords in the world's top poppy producing countries and a Mexican president sending fully armed police and troops into cartel ambushes so the cartels can pick up their military grade weaponry for free and all the other such super genius "war on drugs" actions. Yeah let's blame free movement in the EU for that even though the vast majority of drugs are important from overseas and free movement in the EU matters fuck all to that. It's a world wide problem, caused by the same "far right pretending to be conservative" dickweeds who then championed for Brexit.

Yeah, this one "makes sense" from the same point of view that Sweden would want to maintain their neutrality when another EU state is under armed invasion from a foreign power. It's a head-in-the-sand defence against the inevitable, or at very least a poor excuse for brushing away a serious, impending problem.

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:50 am 

As for the increased flow of weapons, most of those weapons originate in former Yugoslavia which continues to struggle with political instability which can be exploited by criminals. The simple solution to that may seem a bit ironic to someone using the flow of weapons as an argument against the EU: Increase political stability in former Yugoslavia by allowing the remaining non-members to join the EU.

InnesI
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:04 pm 

droneriot

Quote:
Was the EU formed 10 years ago? Nope. Was the Euro introduced 10 years ago? Nope. So what might have happened 10 years ago that might have affected the economy? Like Lehman Brothers? Like subprime mortgage? Like global recession? Yeah let's just blame the EU for that. Funny. It's a world wide problem, caused by the same "far right pretending to be conservative" dickweeds who then championed for Brexit.

* The poverty spreading problem had a direct correlation to the fact that Bulgaria and Romania became members of the EU in 2007. So not 10 years ago but 12 years ago. And before you make the point. No their situation wasn't created by the EU. Yes, the problem has deeper roots than the EU. But yes, EU free movement policy has led to the spreading of poverty around the union.

* I never said several factors weren't in play in the economic crisis. That wasn't the topic really but the specific problems relating to the EU was that of how a common currency made the EU weak. Some info on that is found here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_debt_crisis

"The detailed causes of the debt crisis varied. In several countries, private debts arising from a property bubble were transferred to sovereign debt as a result of banking system bailouts and government responses to slowing economies post-bubble. The structure of the eurozone as a currency union (i.e., one currency) without fiscal union (e.g., different tax and public pension rules) contributed to the crisis and limited the ability of European leaders to respond.[3][4] European banks own a significant amount of sovereign debt, such that concerns regarding the solvency of banking systems or sovereigns are negatively reinforcing.[5]"

Sorry for using Wikipedia as a source but it described it pretty well. So yes, we agree that the problem is larger than the union but my argument is that Europe was and is weakened by currency union but also by being "unionised" in general. Europe would have been able to handle the crisis quicker and more efficient if the nations were sovereign.

Quote:

Yes! I'm very much with you that the West (in different forms) meddling in other countries problems is and was a massive problem. The so called Arab Spring was a disaster in so many ways, its not the first time (and not the last). But one problem doesn't cancel out another. What free movement does is that it makes it easier to transport drugs, weapons or humans (trafficking) throughout all of Europe. It doesn't matter if it comes from non-EU countries or not. A loss of borders create less control and makes it easier for criminals to transport illegal goods past national borders. This surely isn't a point of contention?

The past few years we've seen grenade attacks in Sweden for example - we've never had that before - and its a sure sign that other kinds of weapons are available now compared to before. And you're right it seems like much of it comes from former Yugoslavia but that doesn't change the argument that the problem is that it is easier to smuggle weapons across all of Europe now than it was before. And to be sure it is not only a problem Sweden has with border control. The problem of course has deeper causes here as well.

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... ban_Sweden

While I sometimes call myself conservative I don't wan't to be associated in any way to established, organized, conservative parties. They are not the solution but rather part of the problem. So when you write of "conservative dickweeds" I can sympathize quite a lot with that. We might differ in that I don't really see the liberals or the left as any sort of solution however. They are rather just another side of the same problematic coin.

Quote:
I also loved this for which one you couldn't provide a source when asked for obvious reasons:

It is a matter again of a general globalization trend but that isn't stopped by the EU but the EU legislations are actually helping a globalization market by making it easier to import and export goods. Some of the best things we can do for the environment is to buy locally produced food and goods and not import them. And surely not fish out fish in Scotland, send it to China for filleting and then send it back to the UK for consumption. https://www.robedwards.com/2009/08/the- ... china.html

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure introducing standardised rail gauges across Europe allowing easy travel by train across the continent increased pollution.

Did I make any claim that standardized rail gauges would increase air pollution? No, of course not. So why make such a non-relevant point?

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:05 am 

lmfao

Subrick
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:27 am 

Homeboy’s been PM for exactly two months and he’s fucked. I don’t think he’ll even make it to October 31st at this point.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:20 pm 

I know judging women for how they dress is a very tired trope but I can't get over why anybody would want to have a huge spider on their chest.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49810261

(Also note Boris speaking at Hudson Yards, that fancy new neighbourhood in New York City, of which thousands of photos exist and in not a single one of them do you ever see one square inch of black skin. Quite fitting for his type.)

AddWittyUsername
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:56 pm 

Spiders are pretty awesome.

Also, have you ever taken a good look at the imagery on band shirts, hoodies, vests, belt buckles and whatnot? Frankly speaking, metalheads are just about the last people who ought to say something about less-than-mainstream choices in dress and accessories.

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:58 pm 

I find the guts and blood on Impaled shirts far less offensive than spiders.

Also Boris pretty much ended his career with his Jo Cox comment.

AddWittyUsername
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:10 pm 

More than a few band shirts with spiders on them too.

As for Boris, I'm cautious about believing his career is over. We've seen a fair lot of things that should have been career-ending end up not actually ending careers the past few years, both on the British and the American side of the pond.

But it absolutely was crass, tasteless and utterly appalling.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:43 am 

droneriot wrote:

Also Boris pretty much ended his career with his Jo Cox comment.

Unfortunately, this is wishful thinking.

Uncolored wrote:
non 80's wodos members are enemies of teutonic beatles hairstyle thrash

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:22 am 

British ministers call it like it is and reveal the hard facts about the brexits:

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/brexi ... ars-645186

Spoiler: show
let's have a show of hands, who just googled Dover airbnb properties and car rentals?

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:48 am 

Is there anything more British than concern over people fornicating?

Jose Cruz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:21 pm 

Manic Maniac wrote:
"We've done it lads, we've solved racism!"
People are implying I'm racist against Hispanics, which is not even a race. Hipsanic is a term relating to all people in Latin America that hold mixed white ancestry. I don't claim to deny racism doesn't exist.

Hispanic actually covers a much larger spetrum of races. It is a term who applies of anyone of Latin American and Iberian origin (Spain and Portugal). So it covers 700 million people. There are Argentinians of German descent and Black and Japanese Brazilians for instance, they are also "hispanics". Anything can be Hispanic, except ethnic groups which do not exist in Latin America (like Ethiopians and Afghani).

Manic Maniac
Grammaritically Challengated

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:30 pm 

Yes, exactly. Their are white Hispanics, black Hispanics, etc. I don't know how anyone would think having borders makes anyone racist. We have a border with Canada too. I don't want Canadians crossing the border illegally. Does that make me racist against Canadians?

With all that said, I will apologize for conversation derailment. This thread was about brexit, not Trump.

Burnyoursins
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:20 pm 

Man, you are a special kind of incomprehensible moron.

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
SleightOfVickonomy wrote:
...no one still knows what it's supposed to be about.

Well, I reckon there's a pretty good chance it'll be about gory tits.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5