Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:42 pm 

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Boston Bruins (2nd in Atlantic Division) vs. Carolina Hurricanes (1st Eastern Conference wild card)
The Carolina Hurricanes have made their first playoff appearance in ten years a memorable one; they upset the defending Stanley Cup Champions, the Washington Capitals, in seven games in the first round, and swept the New York Islanders in the second round (the first time the franchise has ever won a best-of-seven sweep). In the Eastern Conference Final, They face the Boston Bruins, who defeated the Toronto Maple Leafs in the first round and the Columbus Blue Jackets in the second round. Boston won two of the three regular season games against Carolina. This marks the fifth time the Hurricanes and Bruins meet in the playoffs, although the first two times they met, Carolina was located in Hartford and known as the Hartford Whalers. The Bruins have won three of the four playoff meetings thus far.

Prediction: Boston in five games.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

San Jose Sharks (2nd in Pacific Division) vs. St. Louis Blues (3rd in Central Division)
The St. Louis Blues had an epic finish to their hard fought second round series against the Dallas Stars, winning the seventh game 2-1 in double overtime (the 2018-19 playoffs are the first to see two seventh games decided in double overtime; Carolina defeating Washington in the second overtime of the seventh game in the first round was the other series where the seventh game went into double overtime). They face the San Jose Sharks in the Western Conference Final; San Jose also required seven games in their second round series, where they defeated the Colorado Avalanche. This marks the sixth meeting between the Sharks and Blues; St. Louis won two of the previous five meetings, and San Jose won three, including the most recent meeting in the 2015-16 Western Conference Final. Neither the Sharks nor the Blues have won the Stanley Cup. St. Louis have made the Stanley Cup Finals three times, losing every time. San Jose's only appearance in the Stanley Cup Finals to date was in 2015-16, when they lost to the Pittsburgh Penguins in six games.

Prediction: St. Louis in six games.

Unorthodox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 1:50 am 

Sili Valley and New England don't need more sport victories, jesus fuckin' christ. Red Sox, Patriots, and now Bruins? Golden State just flosses the competition in basketball, might as well not have an NBA playoff championship because they're obviously going to win.... oh but I guess we need a team in the Stanely Cup Finals too, huh?

Avs should've won tonight, "upon further review" won the game against them. I predict Carolina loses quickly, St. Louis wins against Sharks, and Bruins win the cup against St. Louis. There you go Boston, have yourself another victory.

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:30 am 

I suppose the Bruins and the Sharks are going to advance but I'm rooting for the Canes at this point.

''Room 819'': http://kluseba.eklablog.com/room-819-a-short-story-a213183053

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:39 am 

Unorthodox wrote:
There you go Boston, have yourself another victory.

Thanks!

In all seriousness though, it ain’t gonna be easy for either of the teams you’re fussing about. These conference finals should go at least six games. Carolina was almost a matchup nightmare for Boston in the regular season, and with Chucky Mac sitting out game 1, that defense is going to be heavily tested right from the start. Ferland and Mrazek returning should help the Surge out as well. I just hope we get to see the Whalers garb for a game or two!

Blues and Sharks...lots of heart on those two teams. I think that series will be the more entertaining of the two.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:49 pm 

This has nothing to do with the playoffs, but then, neither do my Senators. So I’ll post this here anyway. We are interviewing Patrick Roy for our head coach position :O If he’s hired, that could bring instant credibility to the carnival this team has become. Roy’s recent experience with coaching in the Quebec Junior League would fit well with the abundance of young players in Ottawa too. My only concern is that a personality as strong - some might say arrogant - as Roy could have trouble toeing the company line of an obnoxious tin-pot dictator like Eugene Melnyk.
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

Reply to topic