Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:28 pm 

You got lucky with your Pfizer shots.

The 2nd day of my 2nd shot it was 85 degrees outside and I was in bed under the covers shivering.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Last edited by CoconutBackwards on Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:59 pm 

Had absolutely no side-effects from the first Pfizer shot. The precise spot where I got the prick was slightly sore, but my shoulder and arm was overall fine, and I had no pain or symptoms of any kind. I'm getting my second shot tomorrow, see how it goes! And yes, Walkman generation too.

DeadKid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:41 am 

darkeningday wrote:
AFAIK, the vax was formulated specifically for older people, since they're the ones most at risk. As a consequence of the ASAP deadline, there's wasn't enough time to tweak the vaccine for younger people, so they're the ones more likely to have a bad reaction.

I'm not familiar with how they tweak them, but to me it's intuitive that someone younger with a stronger immune system would have a stronger reaction. As opposed to catching an actual pathogen that replicates and compounds the problem more in those with weaker immune systems.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:15 am 

Second shot side effects update: I am, indeed, an immobile brick. This fucking SUUUUUUCKS. I feel like I have Covid again. I know it’s just the effects of the vaccine, because side effects are a sign that it’s working, but holy fuck I can’t wait for this to go away.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Osore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:39 am 

My grandfather got the booster shot of Pfizer on Tuesday (6 months after two Sinopharm shots) and he has no side effects whatsoever. I'm looking forward to my booster dose in mid September.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:44 am 

I'll be getting the booster dose in September, but I'm definitely not looking forward to it.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:24 pm 

Finally got my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday. Apart from the mildest of headaches a few hours after and soreness where the jab went in, no other side-effects.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:10 am 

I got second my shot a week ago, and I did start feeling really tired and sick just about 24 hours after taking the shot. Slept for over 10 hours, and that was that.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:02 am 

CoconutBackwards wrote:
I don't blame you for sharing the pen with a person that had tested positive.

I've been vaccinated, also and I'm not gonna pretend like I've been living in a petri dish.

Oh, I should have clarified. I shared the pen with him about 5 minutes PRIOR to him testing positive.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:41 am 

Whoa!

Yea, that's just some shitty luck.

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:29 pm 

My grandmother's sister is on the ventilator and her body is shutting down as we speak. She refused to get vaccinated (granted she does have COPD, but so does my grandfather and he got the vaccine).

Worst part about all of this is that it could have been avoided :(

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:51 pm 

That's the story of basically everybody who ends up dying or getting severely fucked up from Covid at this point. Completely avoidable situation that would never have been an issue had the person in question just got vaccinated.

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:54 pm 

Just found out my boss at work has COVID, needless to say i'm going to be quarantining away from everyone for some time just to be safe.

Face_your_fear_79
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:29 am 

Got my second shot in mid may. Do not remember which one. Vaccine I mean. I had short cold like symptoms. They went away relatively quickly.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:52 am 

With the Covid unemployment benefits gone, the eviction moratorium over and schools opening just to be ravaged by Delta, the Biden administration's stance seems to be "Line go up!" This is not a good time to be an American.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:33 am 

Trashy_Rambo wrote:
With the Covid unemployment benefits gone, the eviction moratorium over and schools opening just to be ravaged by Delta, the Biden administration's stance seems to be "Line go up!" This is not a good time to be an American.

It's amazing how little he's doing about it all.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:56 am 

My dad's Junior Latin class (age 16-17) is especially small this year, so he became hopeful he could finally take off his N95 mask for the whole period. He asked people raise their hands if they were vaccinated. Not a single student raised his hand.

When my dad asked why, everyone responded the same: our parents won't let us, because they think it will cause us to go infertile. One student commented that he's gotten Covid three times, and says he wouldn't wish it on his worst enemy. Another student said that he'll be getting the vaccine in October because his mom's a healthcare worker and is required to get the vaccine by the end of October; she'll only let him get it after she does (????), and she's only getting it because it's required.

Needless to say, the N95 is staying on.

The students actually seemed to want to get the vaccine or at least showed no resistance to getting it, but their parents firmly said no. Whoever started this infertility rumor needs to be fired into the sun. Like seriously, where the fuck is this even coming from? Is it just Bill Gates's involvement? It's a Catholic school so presumably that's related.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Metal_On_The_Ascendant
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:54 am 

^

Hey I've heard worse rumors and more grisly horror stories from my neck of the woods. It's always the same with vaccinations. The distrust of Big Pharma is blown up to ridiculous proportions. The amount of misinformation out there is actually quite staggering.

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:58 pm 

Metal_On_The_Ascendant wrote:
^

Hey I've heard worse rumors and more grisly horror stories from my neck of the woods. It's always the same with vaccinations. The distrust of Big Pharma is blown up to ridiculous proportions. The amount of misinformation out there is actually quite staggering.

Big Pharma does have shady practices: price gouging, for instance. But all these condpiracies about how cures make us sick so they can bring in the big bucks just obfuscate the real shit going on.

Also, the geniuses at work: "I will not touch the vaccine with a 10' pole, bring me that dewormer ASAP!" Like that's not made by big pharma...

And it's always the fucking same thing. Yes, ivermectin is a great medicine for what it does: fight parasite. Yes, there exist human dosages. The problem is taking it as a prevention without consulting a doc first, or worse, taking the one formulated for horses. They don't want "the jab" because they don't trust it, but they take a medication on the advice of non professionals, without knowing how to use it (how many times a day, in what quantities), without knowing how it might interact with other medications or health conditions. That's just plain crazy. I didn't know people could be so cavalier about taking medications. I guess they saw a meme about how it won a Nobel prize and a study done 10 years prior to the first COVID case and that's enough to trump (eh) their doctor's advice. I can wrap my head around not trusting the vax, but this is a level of crazy full of contradictions I just can't even begin to fathom.

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:03 pm 

I've recently lost two members of my family to COVID, both were unvaccinated.

Sometimes I feel like we're never going to get this under control or have any sense of normalcy ever again.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:38 pm 

MeavyHetal wrote:
I've recently lost two members of my family to COVID, both were unvaccinated.

Sometimes I feel like we're never going to get this under control or have any sense of normalcy ever again.

Deepest condolences. Heartbroken.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:42 am 

https://www.news.com.au/world/europe/denmark-ditches-vaccine-passports-its-last-remaining-covid-restriction/news-story/7a66cd2404693934cc1ddde0671bd970

Denmark proving, yet again, why it's one of the best countries in the world. To the Danes here, is this story true?

Australia, on the other hand, continues to be run by neanderthals....

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:38 am 

MikeyC wrote:
https://www.news.com.au/world/europe/denmark-ditches-vaccine-passports-its-last-remaining-covid-restriction/news-story/7a66cd2404693934cc1ddde0671bd970

Denmark proving, yet again, why it's one of the best countries in the world. To the Danes here, is this story true?

I take it that your context here is the failure of the Australian vaccination campaign compared to Denmark's success?

Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:05 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
Trashy_Rambo wrote:

It's amazing how little he's doing about it all.

Aren't they doing a lot more about it than the Trump administration was?

I mean at least Biden takes it seriously and is constantly urging people to vaccinate and wear masks so I'm not really sure what you mean.

Maybe you mean there should be more vaccine mandates, and I do think that should happen, but, for example, I live right outside NYC and the vaccine is mandatory to enter most businesses there now, and while i don't know if Biden had any involvement in it happening, I heard that as of a few days ago OSHA has made it mandatory that any company with 100 or more employees must mandate that all their employees (not sure about the customers) must be vaccinated, so that's a pretty big deal. I get the sense that maybe Biden would like to make vaccines mandatory for teachers in schools but for some reason hasn't pulled the plug in all schools, and kids still can't so.

I work at a community college in New York though and it's now mandatory for all our students and faculty to be vaccinated and i had to fill out my papers recently, so I don't know if that's more New York itself that is responsible for that or if Biden did play a part, but I'm sure he'd agree with that and suggest more schools do it.

While they could probably be doing more, I think the Biden administration is a HUGE step up from what Trump was doing and if more people aren't getting vaccinated or wearing masks then I'm really not sure how much of that is the fault of the Biden administration and how much of it comes down to the fact that we just have so many stupid selfish people in this country who would rather die than do anything to protect their neighbors from getting sick. I mean, what else do you recommend they do seeing as they can't literally pin everyone down and force them to get vaccinated?

Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:26 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
My dad's Junior Latin class (age 16-17) is especially small this year, so he became hopeful he could finally take off his N95 mask for the whole period. He asked people raise their hands if they were vaccinated. Not a single student raised his hand.

When my dad asked why, everyone responded the same: our parents won't let us, because they think it will cause us to go infertile. One student commented that he's gotten Covid three times, and says he wouldn't wish it on his worst enemy. Another student said that he'll be getting the vaccine in October because his mom's a healthcare worker and is required to get the vaccine by the end of October; she'll only let him get it after she does (????), and she's only getting it because it's required.

Needless to say, the N95 is staying on.

The students actually seemed to want to get the vaccine or at least showed no resistance to getting it, but their parents firmly said no. Whoever started this infertility rumor needs to be fired into the sun. Like seriously, where the fuck is this even coming from? Is it just Bill Gates's involvement? It's a Catholic school so presumably that's related.

I'm just curious, but what state is this school in?

I'm assuming the south or midwest.

I mean, here in NY things are obviously better than many other states and yet still I know FAR too many people who i used to have a lot more respect for who refuse to vaccinate or wear masks. I wish they'd all just move to a couple states and stay there and spread it amongst themselves. That's what many of them want to do anyway. I've heard more than a few say they are going to "move to the south where there's more free-dumb." So then stop talking about it and just do it already.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:55 pm 

You're correct, it's in Nebraska. I also wouldn't be surprised if the fact that it's a private Catholic school plays a factor in the parents believing anti-science garbage.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:02 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
MikeyC wrote:

I take it that your context here is the failure of the Australian vaccination campaign compared to Denmark's success?

Pretty much. :) It's been pretty diabolical, and the vaccination rates took a while to really get going. It's getting faster, with hopefully most of the population double vaxxed by the end of the year.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

gomorro
Too Slow to Owl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:10 pm 

My country got a little creative to get people vaccinated :durr:

Is working though

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:30 pm 

In today's edition of "Stop the world, I want to get off", I just read on an NBC News post about a family in California who went travelling in early August and all caught Covid. Their four children all recovered within days, but the parents' health started collapsing and they were rushed to the hospital. The mother was pregnant, and her health took such a drastic downturn that the hospital had to perform a C-section on August 18 to save the baby, who was only 32 weeks into gestation. She died pretty much immediately afterwards. Three days after the C-section, her husband was intubated, and he ended up dying on the 26th. They hadn't even named their prematurely born child before they died. None of their kids are older than the age of 7, and now they are all orphans.

As you can probably guess by this point, the parents were unvaccinated. A completely avoidable situation in every possible way. This is what happens now in the time of Delta if you are unvaccinated and get Covid.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:48 pm 

Just read about a 4 year old dying of it. Blows my mind that for years the rallying cry for everything, abortion, schools, censoring things, etc, was 'save the kids!' and now kids are dying while anti-mask governors just shrug at it all and promote weird treatments they probably have financial investments in.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:51 pm 

Kids dying is fine with them if it’s for something other than their made up reasons for saying they care about child welfare. If these cocksuckers actually gave a fuck about saving the kids, they’d have done something material about it by now. Instead, they force rape victims to give birth and lock the children of legal asylum seekers from South America up in cages before deporting them back to countries they aren’t even from.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:42 am 

https://twitter.com/NICKIMINAJ/status/1 ... 6945341441

Nicki Minaj: "My cousin in Trinidad won’t get the vaccine cuz his friend got it & became impotent. His testicles became swollen. His friend was weeks away from getting married, now the girl called off the wedding. So just pray on it & make sure you’re comfortable with ur decision, not bullied"

Just insanity. I can barely even comprehend how crazy this shit is. Very funny though.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:59 pm 

^yea, I also saw that stupid shit.

I'm sure she asked her doctor what was in all the anesthesia and painkillers she had to take.

Smalley
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:36 am 

CoconutBackwards wrote:
^yea, I also saw that stupid shit.

I'm sure she asked her doctor what was in all the anesthesia and painkillers she had to take.
That's comparing what she looked like as a prepubescent to her as an adult, though; her body was guaranteed to "fill out" some, after all.

ThStealthK wrote:
Thank god you're not a music teacher, the wisest decision you've ever made in your life.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:08 am 

Empyreal wrote:
https://twitter.com/NICKIMINAJ/status/1437532566945341441

Nicki Minaj: "My cousin in Trinidad won’t get the vaccine cuz his friend got it & became impotent. His testicles became swollen. His friend was weeks away from getting married, now the girl called off the wedding. So just pray on it & make sure you’re comfortable with ur decision, not bullied"

Just insanity. I can barely even comprehend how crazy this shit is. Very funny though.

This is the antivaxxer equivalent to “My uncle works at Nintendo”.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:16 am 

It's a bit depressing Minaj hasn't been banned from Twitter for that shit. At least Twitter could delete or throw a warning at that damn tweet. We've had tons of difficulty convincing urban black communities to get vaccinated thanks to genuine misconduct with vaccines in the past (see: Tuskegee Experiment) so Minaj coming in with that transparent bullshit is a worst case scenario.

My girlfriend's mom is immuno-compromised but she still won't get the vaccine because she's convinced the government is microchipping black people.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:44 am 

Facebook puts a “missing context” notice on screenshots of that tweet. Still won’t do any good, because antivaxxers will believe her due to confirmation bias regardless of how many links to fact checking sites FB puts under posts like that.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:53 am 

This is a situation where it really should be a big crackdown on obvious misinformation, but social media always has to have the bullshit libertarian 'free speech' thing going on, with these guys just trusting everyone to do the right thing with no moderation, etc.

Metal_On_The_Ascendant
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:58 am 

There really ought to be some repercussions for spreading misinformation cause way too many people listen to their favorite celebrities as they swell skepticism without any concrete research. Trinidad and Tobago's health ministry have called out Nicki Minaj for her BS so that's good.

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:04 am 

Return to the office Day 1 on Friday

Everyone wearing masks around the building, some wearing them at their desks - plenty not. 50/50 split between those following the one-way systems, instructions about using water coolers, etc. Byzantine system for booking meeting rooms in place and keeping meetings from happening because no-one can figure it out ! Oodles of disinfectant wipes, sprays, gels around the place - pretty sure a good many people ended up a bit high from the amount being used.

Spent all day on conference calls, so absolutely zero gain from being in the building compared to working remotely. Burned some diesel & spent some money on tea & snacks, which I suppose is the aim in making people commute.

Friends in India & the US still working remotely, and they were terribly happy about that fact. Just us foolish British pretending that COVID is over then !

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next