Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
SmallPoxie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:01 pm 

We all have suffered the consequences of the pandemic in some way, one of them is shipping stuff.
You can tell here your experience with shipping during pandemic! How long they have taken for you? Have your stuff arrived?

My experience: There are 2 cd's that haven't arrived yet, I contacted the seller fortunately for the 2nd one who tells me that he couldn't send it.
But the 1st one is the experience that made me create this thread. The shipping (according to Discogs) was made on 16 March. Today is July 8 and it hasn't arrived yet.

Gravetemplar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:28 pm 

All my stuff has arrived so far. Some packages got quarantined for almost a month at the post office but I have gotten everything. The fact that most of them were sent via registered shipping has surely helped.

I'm sorry but your package seems to be lost. 4 months is way too much even under this circumstances but I don't know how the Chilean post office works.

Tekdeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:35 pm 

For me everything has arrived so far. Mostly unregistered shipping and the longest it has taken for a CD to arrive is 2 weeks so far.

rawsewage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:20 pm 

I have two coming from foreign countries. One from the Netherlands was ordered back in March and I pretty much figure I will never see it. The second one is from Greece and has been about a month and I’m starting to get worried I’m not going to see that one as well. I hope the one from Greece shows up, it’s a pretty hard to find CD. If both end up completely lost I think I’m just going to stick to buying stuff only from the US until things start to return to some kind of normalcy.

severzhavnost
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:35 pm 

I’ve ordered 7 CD’s and all have arrived, including the ones from overseas. They were placed late April to early May and the last to come showed up at the end of June. No complaints! When the lockdown was more strict, going to the post office to check for my packages was an opportunity to get out of the house :)

CoconutBackwards
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:01 am 

I can't remember the asshole's name, or band, but that dude in an obscure metal band who's been using hard drugs and selling albums to people that never actually get mailed must've been affected pretty hard by all of this.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:07 am 

I have about 5+ packages that have not arrived after months in transit. To some credit of the bands I bought from, they emailed me saying that there would be significant delays. Some of the packages I have received have taken several weeks longer than usual. I'm in Australia so I'm used to slightly longer arrival times, but I have noticed a definite increase during the coronavirus era.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:05 am 

From my experience it seems to be a total crapshoot, which admittedly isn't *that* different from usual business here.

Parcels from Finland, which used to be among the fastest, now routinely take 3 weeks at least to get here. Shipments from Greece also appear to be a tad slower.
Last week I bought two cds from Germany; one arrived today, the other is still out there.
Two packets from France arrived in 3-4 days after their departure.
Right now the worst is one cd from Poland which left on June 9th and has been marked as "in transit" on the tracking log ever since.

I haven't ordered anything from overseas in months and I'm not risking it for the time being; my wife however got a parcel from the USA in about three weeks.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Methuen
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:14 am 

Getting stuff from the US is just broken at the moment for me - I've given up on that.

Europe is alright, Germany seems to have things nailed on as usual.

Internally ? internal post is fine, except if it's from Amazon & going via their Liverpool centre - then it disappears, every time. Books, water testing kits, cat food - you name it, they 'lose' it.

Might have to try a small order from my favourite Russian mail-order, see if it makes it :D

AlienZombie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:35 am 

I'm in the US. I have 2 outstanding orders from Germany that were made fairly early on in the pandemic; no indication as to when they'll be able to ship here. So far everything else I've ordered, regardless of country of origin, has arrived or is on the way.

Ina_Dingir_Xul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:16 pm 

Based in Australia here. I have not been buying CDs for a long time, but I recently had a package of various items shipped from Singapore using the courier service DHL. It took about 1 week to arrive.

The major problem came when I had requested in my order that the courier contact me on arrival, rather than leaving the package at my doorstep. This did not happen, and there was no package at my doorstep either despite the online tracking system reporting a successful delivery. It took 3 days of back-and-forth calling for them to get the driver to come back, locate where he left my package, and call me for me to take it from him in person. I was told the package was left in my garage, yet I had driven out on 2 occasions and never noticed it. Either it completely eluded my view, or I was being lied to. Either way, problem solved, and no point in probing further.

false_icon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:46 pm 

I ordered a CD from Brazil March 16, shipped to France March 19.
The brazilian customs blocked it (according to them, because french customs forbid all parcels from Brazil), then sent it back to the seller on April 30.
The seller offered me to re-send the parcel when the situation gets better, which we agreed upon.

Hopes are not high for a 2020 delivery, but hey, Brazilians have actual priorities other than the shipping of an obscure local Death Metal CD.

my trade list

Tekdeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:48 pm 

I do have one CD coming from Canada which I ordered 2 weeks ago that hasn't arrived yet. Obviously 2 weeks is not that long since it's coming from overseas, but I just hope it arrives because the person I bought it from is literally the only discogs user that has this CD in his collection.

AlienZombie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:26 pm 

AlienZombie wrote:
I'm in the US. I have 2 outstanding orders from Germany that were made fairly early on in the pandemic; no indication as to when they'll be able to ship here. So far everything else I've ordered, regardless of country of origin, has arrived or is on the way.

Quoting myself to say I just got a note that they were able to finally send it, so yay!

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:15 pm 

I had one CD I ordered from Chile back in March, right as the pandemic hit that unfortunately never turned up. I'm sure it's long gone now. Other than that, everything has turned up fine without any problems aside from the expected slightly longer wait. I was a little worried about one CD that took like, fuckin' 20 days to make it out of Chicago ISC but it eventually turned up so no worries there either.

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:57 pm 

I haven't really had that much issue. I've had a Gameboy SP I ordered from Canada take about 2.5 weeks which is a little longer, but I just had two games from Japan take less than a full week which is incredibly fast compared to what I'm used to. Usually those are 2-3 weeks.

androdion
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:35 pm 

Can't speak for overseas deliveries because on one hand I have a very low customs limit so I barely ever do it, and on the other ever since this lockdown came to be I never ordered anything outside of Europe ever again. I admittedly ordered from Russia (outside of the EU) a couple of times, but the first one came in alright and the second one is waiting to be delivered inside my own country.

I had ordered three packages from European countries in early March, gladly I got all of them. The most notorious one was a package from Sweden which I thought would be lost but it did arrive almost two months after it was sent. Things have been going steady but generally speaking slowly. It took me a week to get a package within my own country when the usual is 24-48 hours. After the lockdown was released things started to get even slower when the packages arrive in my country, case in point an order I made from Germany which arrived at the capital on the 20th of June and was delivered to me two days ago! I used to get package from Germany in 5-7 days, this one took a month and a half! So yeah, slowly but steady seems to be the norm.

Suffice to say that after I got scared of losing those initial three packages pre-lockdown I began ordering everything with registered shipping. I don't mind paying more if I'm reassured that I'll get it eventually. I used to do regular shipping on European countries because it worked well enough, but right now?! No fucking way, I don't want any "lost" packages. I recommend everyone to do the same thing.

PS: Finland isn't shipping to Portugal right now, I assume it's because of the fact that my country is blacklisted by their government in terms of border control, so you should be aware of those factors when ordering.

Earthshine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:26 pm 

Ina_Dingir_Xul wrote:
Based in Australia here. I have not been buying CDs for a long time, but I recently had a package of various items shipped from Singapore using the courier service DHL. It took about 1 week to arrive.

The major problem came when I had requested in my order that the courier contact me on arrival, rather than leaving the package at my doorstep. This did not happen, and there was no package at my doorstep either despite the online tracking system reporting a successful delivery. It took 3 days of back-and-forth calling for them to get the driver to come back, locate where he left my package, and call me for me to take it from him in person. I was told the package was left in my garage, yet I had driven out on 2 occasions and never noticed it. Either it completely eluded my view, or I was being lied to. Either way, problem solved, and no point in probing further.

Similar thing happened to me one time. I had three records delivered to my house. Got an email while I was at work saying they'd been delivered, got home and saw no trace of them. I immediately thought they'd been stolen, not sure how much an an Eternal Champion vinyl would be worth to a methhead so I was pissed.

I filed a stolen or lost item report. After a few days the delivery company sent me a picture of where the delivery person had left the package. We had a few outdoor chairs on our front veranda. The guy had pulled the back cushion forward, slipped the records in there, then secured the velcro again. They didn't leave a note or anything saying where they'd left it, and it was completey hidden from view. I'm pretty sure my housemates even sat on the seat a few times without realising. It's funny now but at the time it was so confusing.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:40 am 

Most of the records I've ordered lately have been domestic or Canadian so the worst I've experienced is getting something in a week or two later. On the flip side, I had some pushback at my local post offices when attempting to ship an order to Russia last month. I was initially told that they weren't shipping any packages outside of the US and Canada at the time, even though the official USPS website had a specific list of restricted countries that did not include Russia. Once I was able to ship it out, they told me that it *might* be about four months before it arrived to its destination. I'm glad the customer was understanding about it and hoping it can get there sooner.

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:16 pm 

Earthshine wrote:
Ina_Dingir_Xul wrote:

Similar thing happened to me one time. I had three records delivered to my house. Got an email while I was at work saying they'd been delivered, got home and saw no trace of them. I immediately thought they'd been stolen, not sure how much an an Eternal Champion vinyl would be worth to a methhead so I was pissed.

I filed a stolen or lost item report. After a few days the delivery company sent me a picture of where the delivery person had left the package. We had a few outdoor chairs on our front veranda. The guy had pulled the back cushion forward, slipped the records in there, then secured the velcro again. They didn't leave a note or anything saying where they'd left it, and it was completey hidden from view. I'm pretty sure my housemates even sat on the seat a few times without realising. It's funny now but at the time it was so confusing.

On the plus side that's a hell of a place to hide a package. Nobody's gonna look there to steal something.

Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:57 pm 

I order 9 cds on discogs from different countries (Russia, Netherlands, Italy, Sweden, U.K. and maybe others) in early May and NONE of them have arrived and I'm pretty pissed and have had to re-order 5 of them from within the U.S.

Whats' weird is that i got 5 vinlys but cds don't seem to be coming, and only 3 sellers gave me refunds.

One guy said that they are all at customs and will be released "soon", but "soon" was like a month ago.

i just don't get it, i mean why is there such a delay and is it really possible that all these cds from different European countries are all in the same place somewhere?

If so, where is this place?

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:49 am 

Ordered a Ministry shirt in february and it hasn't arrived yet.

Tekdeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:39 pm 

Well, just received my CD that came from Canada with unregistered shipping. Either I'm lucky or most of you are unlucky.

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:04 pm 

Luke Cage and Howard the Duck, that's the top of what I can do of shipping during the pandemic. Howard the Duck he's always hostile, but Luke Cage, he's inpenetrable.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

twistedknife
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:19 pm 

Man, I ordered a DVD set from Ebay. I'm in Canada and it is shipping from New York. It initially said up to 1 month wait. Now it's saying 3 months! :(

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:06 pm 

I was having money issue during the pandemic because I lost my job and my girlfriend ordered stuff on Amazon from Brazil, and it arrived when I needed it. I dunno if people having issues with metal CDs being shipped to them are having issues because Amazon or retailers in general are deprioritising non-essential stuff or whatever, but things that I needed that were ordered for me were sent on time. She ordered pasta and sauces and coffee and canned soups, and it arrived within days, maybe that's why people ordering CDs and stuff are having issues because of a prioritisation?

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

androdion
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:17 pm 

No idea, but something is definitely going on with international packages once they arrive at my country's capital. Since I'm tracking them I can see that they spend two to three weeks there before being put to local distribution, and that right there is completely unusual. I don't know if the authorities are "quarantining" postal packages or if they're just way over their heads with a ton of work, but I can tell you that around half of the total time spent in transit is already within my own country.

last_eulogy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:59 am 

I have used eBay for comics and records. Shipping is absolutely terrible. Items from sellers I have used before would be at my house in a few days. Now it seems they are taking a few weeks, a month. One record I never even received. He never put in tracking and he has a few negatives recently. It's hard to tell if its from the pandemic, or he just decided to say fuck it. He has years of positive feedback, then lots of negatives in the past few months. I am guessing the pandemic. I still have not received the album. He did give me a refund after I put a request for it in eBay. If it ends up coming I will send him the money. So the answer is shitty for me. It hasn't seen to really gotten any better, even though life seems to slowly be returning to normal.

Gravetemplar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:48 am 

I got a package from Hong Kong to Europe in less than a week so I guess it depends where you live.

Methuen
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:58 am 

I'll feed back in a couple of weeks - just ordered some CDs from Deutschland - usually DP / the Royal Mail are quick enough, it'll be interesting to see if the last month or so has degraded things.

Metalion_SOS
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:57 am 

I've got five packages that were sent in March and April from England, Russia and Poland that still haven't arrived. Plus four others from Germany and Brazil that weren't even dispatched because of the postal services not being operational. Then there's three more recent packages from the UK that [should be here soon.

Inkshooter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:58 pm 

I ordered a bunch of patches from a seller in Russia in April, they left St. Petersburg on a ship in May and then vanished into the aether. Debating on whether or not to ask for a refund because it's not like it's the seller's fault.

Methuen
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:58 pm 

Inkshooter wrote:
I ordered a bunch of patches from a seller in Russia in April, they left St. Petersburg on a ship in May and then vanished into the aether. .

Sounds like the start of a horror movie :lol:

LVB
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:04 pm 

I just ordered a Blind Guardian shirt off of Amazon and it's scheduled to arrive in October. Holy shit! Hope I am still alive by then.

Unorthodox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:07 pm 

I ordered an Animals as Leaders hat directly from their website during their livestream. The website said it would take at least a month to arrive. Got it in about two weeks :)

brimarsh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:45 pm 

I placed an order (completely unrelated to music) on May 5th. Turns out it shipped from a warehouse in China. It took until July 24th to arrive in America and then the package was mark delivered, except it was very much not delivered. And now it's M.I.A.

Placed an order through Werewolf Productions (Poland) today, so we'll see how that fares.

I attempted to order a Kriegsmachine shirt through No Solace's online store (also Poland), but they're refusing to ship overseas at the moment.

Methuen
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:41 am 

Rapid turnaround time from Deutschland to the UK - took four/five days for three CDs to make the trip.

Something I ordered from the US in June still hasn't turned up, though.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:53 am 

My cd from Poland showed up in my mailbox last week after 49 days in transit. In the meantime I got more parcels from Greece and Germany that didn't take much longer than usual. I guess the Polish post was seriously backlogged.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

brimarsh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:24 am 

Lord_Jotun wrote:
My cd from Poland showed up in my mailbox last week after 49 days in transit. In the meantime I got more parcels from Greece and Germany that didn't take much longer than usual. I guess the Polish post was seriously backlogged.

Oof. This doesn't bode well for my recent Polish order. LOL.

androdion
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:10 am 

Lord_Jotun wrote:

It seems like it. Just got a message from a Polish seller from which I've made an order, he states that there has been an increase of Covid cases in the region and that the authorities have put some restrictions again. So I guess that orders from Poland are going to take an extra bit of time at the moment.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next