Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Earthshine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:55 pm 

I was in a hardware store the other day. As I approach the timber section I thought what I heard was tech death playing from the back of the store. I could clearly hear triggered double kick and kind of make out some deep, fast riffs.

As I got closer I realised it was a woodcutting machine that was idling. Had a good laugh to myself. Especially since it sounded pretty good to me.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:59 am 

You should have recorded it and then posted it in the "Help me remember this song" and see what happens.

Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:36 pm 

Silly thread but I'll play.

I don't have examples myself but I'm facebook friends with the guy who made the Grindcore documentary "Slave to the Grind" and he said that recently he pulled up alongside a guy in traffic and that there was what sounded like pretty cool noise-core type music coming out of his car and he rolled down his window and was like "good shit you're listening to there" and the guy gave him a funny look and then he realized it was just the guy's car making sounds cause he was having car trouble hahahahahaha.

I said the guy could have had his own "auto-noise" project called "Extreme Motor Disturbance" lol.

There's also this pretty sick Meshuggah-esque Djent beat being laid down by this guy's washing machine:

https://youtu.be/7pirhdH8DTM

wizard_of_bore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:51 pm 

I drank a lot of cheap beer and ate three Nacho BellGrandes. A short time later I took a massive messy shit and I swear it sounded just like the drums on Dirty Window from Metallica's St Anger album.
Now for a higher level song like Moth Into Flame. I specifically remember getting in trouble at school for hearing this the day it was released for having my phone out and then defiantly saying to my teacher Fuck off Im listening to a new Metallica song

wone21r
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:26 pm 

The exhaust fan in one of the toilets at my gym is out of balance / has a slight knock or rubbing. The noise is extremely faint and very rhythmic - first couple of times I heard it I was sure I was hearing double kick filtering down from the room above.

Have also had a few occasions of being hungover on planes, closing my eyes and having the rumble of the engines form patterns that sound somewhat like a noise / death metal hybrid.

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:36 pm 

wizard_of_bore wrote:
I drank a lot of cheap beer and ate three Nacho BellGrandes. A short time later I took a massive messy shit and I swear it sounded just like the drums on Dirty Window from Metallica's St Anger album.

:lol: :lol: :lol: gold

Reply to topic