Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
wizard_of_bore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:46 am 

Really hard for me to believe April 12th will be 28 years since this album was released. Any other fans of the album? Live Through This, is the one and only album that I like by them. I had it in 1994, but wasn't hooked on the entire album like I am now. Although I do plan on expanding my horizons to their other albums someday. The album is pretty hateful, towards all the people Courtney feels wronged her. Its one of my favorite alternative/grunge albums from the 90s. I feel like even though the album was a huge hit for them, it always seems like it isn't talked about much. I am guessing Courtney's self destructive behavior, turned fans and critics off. Its a shame that it was Kristen Pfaff's one and only album with the band. She would overdose in 1994.

There is a great video on Youtube, about the album in particular put out by Trash Theory.

https://youtu.be/Gg8vJr6bKcM
Now for a higher level song like Moth Into Flame. I specifically remember getting in trouble at school for hearing this the day it was released for having my phone out and then defiantly saying to my teacher Fuck off Im listening to a new Metallica song

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:03 pm 

I still have the nostalgia for the hits (Violet, Doll Parts), but I'm pretty sure those were the only songs off this album I ever heard.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:38 pm 

I actually got the CD of that album on Christmas 2020. This is easily their best album.

Check out my reviews

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:49 am 

A great album, much grittier and "Hole" sounding than Celebrity Skin
Imagine getting pounded on the side of the head with a rather average-sized brick approximately four times a second for a half-hour while a vacuum cleaner is turned to maximum volume in the background. That's Marduk for ya.

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

FirebathDan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:39 am 

I subscribe to a personal theory that most bands/artists that I don’t like have at least one good song.

In Hole’s case, that’s “Violet”.
Obliteration

Reply to topic