Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
oldmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:04 pm 

Benedict Donald wrote:
oldmetalhead wrote:
LithoJazzoSphere wrote:
Contrasting pairings endlessly fascinate me. A similar idea that popped right into my head would be something like "JaneBaphomet".

Jesus Damien?

Dick Hunt?

That is very close to my real name, lol

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:18 pm 

Before I joined these boards, I made this name for another board, part of whose primary purpose was for an anime fandom community. At the time I was heavily getting into this anime:

Spoiler: show

At the time I was also heavily into the doom metal band Minotauri, who have this song:

Just put the two together.

thePowermetalLynx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:45 am 

rarezuzuh wrote:
Shirley666 wrote:
eh, this is just my English name. I know foreign ppl tend to tell us 'hey be proud of your Chinese name it's beautiful'. Ah well, this feel much more comfortable and most of my foreign friend know me as Shirley. I mean, hell, I've been using it since like 7 or something,my Chinese nickname also evolved out of it why not?
But I'm hating the 666 rn... I sort of created my profile when I was about half year into metal, so I was in a bit of what the Chinese metal community would entitled as “poser phase” and was really interesting in hailing Satan and shits like that, hence the suffix “666”. That just feel fucking weird now considering my preference for power metal...

I kinda like it. Where I'm from Shirley is more of an older/less common name (was my grandma's sister's name), so seeing it paired with something "edgy" like the 666 creates a sort of charming juxtaposition.

Okay that felt even weirder ...

Old School is the only School

Consistency is a Virtue
Repetition is a Sin

Call me Shirley or Lynxie

thePowermetalLynx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:48 am 

MDL wrote:
Shirley666 wrote:
eh, this is just my English name. I know foreign ppl tend to tell us 'hey be proud of your Chinese name it's beautiful'. Ah well, this feel much more comfortable and most of my foreign friend know me as Shirley. I mean, hell, I've been using it since like 7 or something,my Chinese nickname also evolved out of it why not?
But I'm hating the 666 rn... I sort of created my profile when I was about half year into metal, so I was in a bit of what the Chinese metal community would entitled as “poser phase” and was really interesting in hailing Satan and shits like that, hence the suffix “666”. That just feel fucking weird now considering my preference for power metal...

You can always talk to a site admin to have your name changed. I also had that 666 before but I didn't want it anymore, so, I asked Helblazer to remove it.

Good to know. I’ll consider it tho now I’m tempted to change it into powermetalprincess(another joke from my Chinese metal brothers and sisters lol) or something

Old School is the only School

Consistency is a Virtue
Repetition is a Sin

Call me Shirley or Lynxie

ᴎostalgiʞK
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:04 am 

I am astonished as how this thread grew and the awesome stories it contains.. Holy shit.. The most shocking so far was raspberrysoda story, I always see you man on the board, I thought you were a diehard-fan of sweet drinks but you quitted with all already ! Congrats, that's an awesome decision and healthier, by the way.
The stuff going on about Shirley666, JaneBaphomet, Jesus Damien and Dick Hunt made me laugh out loud, the thing was spontaneous as hell..

raspberrysoda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:20 am 

ᴎostalgiʞK wrote:
I am astonished as how this thread grew and the awesome stories it contains.. Holy shit.. The most shocking so far was raspberrysoda story, I always see you man on the board, I thought you were a diehard-fan of sweet drinks but you quitted with all already ! Congrats, that's an awesome decision and healthier, by the way.
The stuff going on about Shirley666, JaneBaphomet, Jesus Damien and Dick Hunt made me laugh out loud, the thing was spontaneous as hell..

haha thanks man

stainedclass2112 wrote:
It was a joke you darn can of fizzy sweetened liquid

BastardHead wrote:
Somebody is getting murdered but poor razz just wants his beauty sleep.

saphuchan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:31 pm 

kinda wish I could change my name, saphu came from my head while I was high as all hell, and chan came from the anime term "Onii-Chan" so we have SaphuChan

gzusrocker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:24 pm 

gzusrocker, sometimes G-zus Rocker is actually a very old nickname(i used it since at least 2006 or 2007 on other sites). I was on my teens back then, used to have long hair(which i now have once again) and some high school friends called me "Jesus" because of that. Rocker is just because i loved Rock n' Roll and Heavy Metal, so i was like a Rock-loving Jesus or something lol
I sure could come up with something better by now, but i'm fond of this old nickname of mine, so that's it.

TheEtreum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:36 pm 

Just 'The' and the word for death in Spanish inverted 'Etreum'. Not the better, but the same, I choose it like 20 years ago, so I'm fond of it, and when I signed up here again, I didn't think I was going to use it much. Thinking about it, I could have invented another one that better suits my current self, but I still use it on last.fm and I can't change that.

Spoiler: show
Always remember that metal stands for love, peace and democracy.

Fefnir
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:47 pm 

When i was younger I played the MegaMan games a lot,i got it from one of the characters on the game. I later realised it was also related to the Nordic mythology, that made it a big reason to keep it.

ᴎostalgiʞK
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:34 pm 

saphuchan wrote:
kinda wish I could change my name, saphu came from my head while I was high as all hell, and chan came from the anime term "Onii-Chan" so we have SaphuChan

This comment is fucking metal. By the way, you can send a request to Hellblazer if you wish to chamge your username (that worked in the past and old post mention this appeal)

gzusrocker wrote:
gzusrocker, sometimes G-zus Rocker is actually a very old nickname(i used it since at least 2006 or 2007 on other sites). I was on my teens back then, used to have long hair(which i now have once again) and some high school friends called me "Jesus" because of that. Rocker is just because i loved Rock n' Roll and Heavy Metal, so i was like a Rock-loving Jesus or something lol
I sure could come up with something better by now, but i'm fond of this old nickname of mine, so that's it.

Haha loooool man, awesome

TheEtreum wrote:
Just 'The' and the word for death in Spanish inverted 'Etreum'. Not the better, but the same, I choose it like 20 years ago, so I'm fond of it, and when I signed up here again, I didn't think I was going to use it much. Thinking about it, I could have invented another one that better suits my current self, but I still use it on last.fm and I can't change that.

If you ask me, Muerte inverted is a nice word play, I would never figure it out if you didn't mentioned it. So good job hah

Fefnir wrote:
When i was younger I played the MegaMan games a lot,i got it from one of the characters on the game. I later realised it was also related to the Nordic mythology, that made it a big reason to keep it.

Exactly, Fenrir tale is beautiful and brave in every aspect.

DanielG06
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:28 pm 

This song's such a vibe. It gives me crazy nostalgia.

Lee Harrison wrote:
Evolution is call evolution I doubt that Oystein Aarseth wasn’t stab at death he was thinking the same bullshit of ‘90…

The sound of perseverance didn’t even came out under the name of Death….

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:30 am 

Was looking for a UN when I found/signed up to MA back in 2005 while looking for metal related forums/sites etc... and thought of a track from Triumphator off the Wings of Antichrist album (which I already owned for a while), and this track in particular kind of... spoke to me. It's a stand alone, brutal, dark and massive track off the album as almost everything else is pure Swedish blasting black metal, but this beast is something else (and fucking brilliant IMO) with Arioch's great vocal work, plus the title is just metal as fuck I thought, and suited my purposes.

So there you go. Ever since then I've used this title in various forms for various (mostly video game) things.

My collection

LongHairIsSoFuckingCool
Edgy Metal Noob Catchphrase Dispenser

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:05 pm 

I chose my name because I just think that long hair looks pretty badass. Some people might find it effeminate, and it can be, but I think metalheads often put a very manly spin on it, IMO. It's just so fucking cool!

recyclage wrote:
Anyone who writes "The Deftones" isn't trustworthy.

Last edited by LongHairIsSoFuckingCool on Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:18 pm 

Made this name because I thought it sounded stupidly hilarious, back when I was 15. I do remember several Dutch users saying it actually translates into "eyebow", so I guess that's a bit of a lingual trivia there.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:30 pm 

When Lemmy was kicked out of Hawkwind, he wanted to name his new band Bastard. His manager talked him out of it because "You'll never be on Top of the Pops with a name like bloody Bastard", so he settled on Motorhead instead. I thought it was a clever name and nod to semi obscure metal trivia when I was 14, but now I think it's a stupid name but I'm kinda stuck with it. I'm well aware I could just change my name here but I've been around for so long that most people just refer to me as my real name or as BH anyway, and since I don't really wanna change my name to Bean Hog I'm just gonna ride out the dumb name I came up with as a teenager until I die. I do use different names elsewhere on the internet but it's usually pretty easy to figure out who I am.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3