Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
twistedknife
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:51 pm 

I currently have cheap Skull Candy headphones. They have served me well, but are now falling apart.

I'm looking for higher end headphones (around $300 - $450). They must be on-ear!

They are mostly going to be used for Spotify on my MacBook.

I've been looking at Beats By Dre.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:07 am 

By "on ear", do you mean "sits directly on your ear", like the headphone part is so small it just barely covers your ear? If not, I say Sennheiser HD600s. They are almost unbeatable in performance at their price point and are well regarded as a neutral reference by producers and engineers. They are open-backed, so they do not block out noise, but they're quite comfortable and if you're just using them around a laptop in a relatively quiet room, it'll be great.

twistedknife
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:07 pm 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
By "on ear", do you mean "sits directly on your ear", like the headphone part is so small it just barely covers your ear? If not, I say Sennheiser HD600s. They are almost unbeatable in performance at their price point and are well regarded as a neutral reference by producers and engineers. They are open-backed, so they do not block out noise, but they're quite comfortable and if you're just using them around a laptop in a relatively quiet room, it'll be great.

Yeah, I'm looking for ones that sit on your ear. I was considering the Klipsch Reference On-Ear II headphones.

Although, I've never tried over ear headphones, so I might consider those too.

Reply to topic