Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:01 pm 

So I ordered some cds and the guy was nice enough to send me some free ones, but there's this one album that has ZERO info on it. No band or album name on the cover, and when I put the cd in my comp there's no info whatsoever on band name, album name or track names.

All the info I have is that it's almost definitely a powerviolence band. It's got 41 tracks, and I could give you some of their lengths, like the 1st track is 25 seconds, 2nd is 44 seconds, and 3rd is 2:18.

Other than that and the cover, i don't know powerviolence well enough to know who in the scene to compare them to, but they definitely sound like PV to me.

The only description of any kind on the inside of the album reads: "Vietcong prisoner captured at Cape Batangan, Vietnam 1965", and from searches I can see that this is a pretty common photo as it was on the cover of life magazine. No other info whatsoever on the band. The album sounds like it was released in the 2000s or 2010s most likely, DEFINITELY could not have been released earlier than the 90s.

This is the cover of the powerviolence band's album:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/13476480@N07/7750803432

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:17 pm 

Infest?

https://www.discogs.com/es/master/44043 ... Mans-Slave

Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:35 pm 

Gravetemplar wrote:

Edit: YES THAT'S IT!! I wasn't sure cause the photo looked a bit different but more because of the number of tracks, since mine has many more and they are in a different order, but finally I found that one of the tracks was the same by comparing it to youtube so yup, that's it.

They probably just released an alternate version with extra tracks.

Thanks.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:35 am 

Ill-Starred Son wrote:
Gravetemplar wrote:

Edit: YES THAT'S IT!! I wasn't sure cause the photo looked a bit different but more because of the number of tracks, since mine has many more and they are in a different order, but finally I found that one of the tracks was the same by comparing it to youtube so yup, that's it.

Thanks.

I haven't been able to find any alternate editions so it may be a bootleg or something.

Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:19 pm 

Gravetemplar wrote:
Ill-Starred Son wrote:
Gravetemplar wrote:

Thanks.

I haven't been able to find any alternate editions so it may be a bootleg or something.

Yeah must be cause it has more than twice as many tracks, and the photo is the same but taken from a slightly different angle and black and white, and tracks are in a different order, but it's definitely them.

Axegrinder90
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:47 am 

This was used by Assuck too but I think it was hand drawn.

Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:45 pm 

Axegrinder90 wrote:
This was used by Assuck too but I think it was hand drawn.

Interesting.

But no, it's definitely Infest, and it must be a bootleg where someone added tracks from other releases of theirs cause it's not on their original discography on discogs or anywhere else in the order and with the number of tracks my copy has.

Reply to topic