Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:25 am 

I've been watching/listening to the Dead Meat podcast lately, and I saw they had a series of videos on Paranormal Activity. Because I'm a huge fan of the first 3 of those movies. So to prepare for the last couple videos, I finally hunkered down and caught the last two.

Ghost Dimension sucked. It was bad. Like, super bad. Like, makes #4 look competent and exciting by comparison.

The Marked Ones, though, was fantastic. Far, far better than it had any business being. The characters were super likable, and when the spooky ghost shit starts happening, it feels like a legit tragedy because everything is falling apart for them. And the spooky ghost stuff has real resonance to it because of the emotional attachment to these characters, and even when it gets Looney Tunes at the very end, that investment carries the film for me. I am so mad that #4 turned me off to this movie, because I love it.

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:05 am 

Quote:
Well, with respect to Terminator 6, I suppose that for things like these I only watch Asian movies, for many years. I recommend a Japanese movie called Gisaengchung.

This is a Korean movie.

Here are some movies I have recently been watching:

Lords of Chaos - I guess most people here have already watched it, if you haven't, go ahead and have a great time
First Love - Takashi Miike's latest release is a quirky return to Japanese V-Cinema of the nineties and a creative Yakuza flick
Enter the Fat Dragon - Donnie Yen's latest film goes back to Hong Kong's action-comedy cinema of the late eighties and early nineties
Doctor Sleep - Surprisingly great sequel to The Shining, make sure to watch the epic director's cut
Birds of Prey - I usually don't like superhero flicks but this one was particularly quirky, entertaining and colourful
Color Out of Space - One of the weirdest and best horror movies in recent memory
1917 - One of the best war films in recent memory without any cheesy patriotism
Joker - This is rather an intense psychological drama than a superhero movie and Joaquin Phoenix does a wonderful job
Election - Creative gangster drama that starts like a documentary, turns into an action film and ends as a crime drama
The Divine Fury - Gloomy South Korean science-fiction film for fans of franchises like Blade, Resident Evil or Underworld
The Witness - Excellent South Korean crime drama with some chilling social criticism - an overlooked highlight
Exit - Highly entertaining South Korean action film with fascinating stunts and lots of intense pace

''Room 819'': http://kluseba.eklablog.com/room-819-a-short-story-a213183053

Inkshooter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:16 pm 

RIP to Max Von Sydow, a truly legendary actor. Going to give Seventh Seal a rewatch in his honor.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:30 pm 

I may have said it before but Ghost Rider has the swagger and the one-liners, but lacks dark and serious elements, Spirit of Vengeance has all the dark and serious but it's bone dry and lacks any kind of wit or swagger, isn't there any way to merge movies?

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:30 pm 

kluseba wrote:
Color Out of Space - One of the weirdest and best horror movies in recent memory

Good way of putting it, especially since you also mentioned Joker, because since the whining I heard about Joker I feel I always need to put in a disclaimer that no, when I say it's a great movie, that doesn't mean it's the absolute ultimate achievement in cinematic history, it's just a really good movie. All the negative Joker reviews I read, and it was pretty much the same already for Logan, all read like they were written by people going in expecting Citizen Kane and Godfather squared times a billion worth 4,768 Oscars and being eternally written in stone as history's greatest cinematic masterpiece, when really it's just a good and enjoyable movie. Same with Color Out of Space, great movie that got me really excited. They're not going to teach it in classes 5,000 years from now, it's just a great movie to watch.

And yeah Logan is as great as Joker. It got raving initial reviews by people like me who didn't know anything beforehand and expected another "Wolverine slices stuff up" fun action thingy like the two movies before it and were absolutely dumbfounded by how it turned out instead, and then got negative reviews by people who read the initial raving reviews and expected cinematic history to be rewritten at the deepest level and it obviously doesn't do that, but I recently watched it a second time and it really is a really fucking good movie.

(Yes, I literally watched Logan not having read one single word about it and expecting it to be exactly the same type of movie as Origins and The Wolverine. Hard for me to imagine how the movie would have the same kind of initial impact on people who already knew otherwise.)

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:29 am 

They won't teach 99.9% of movies in classes 100 years from now, but Color Out of Space is exemplary for what it is. The strange little touches and craftsmanship to that are a delight. I noticed more stuff the second time I saw it recently. So good. I think of it as the Fury Road for horror movies.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:43 am 

I really liked "Like Crazy". it's mostly improvised, so a coupla scenes were a bit off, but it's a very realistic, heartfelt rom com.

"The Master" had some strong moments and a lot of pointless malarkey. better than Phantom Thread, but that's not any great accomplishment.

also rewatched "Starry Eyes", one of my favourite recent-ish horror movies. still good.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:34 pm 

Sometimes I can measure the quality of a movie by how many times I pause it out of boredom to do something else for a moment. I just paused Alien vs Predator: Requiem the second time. I'm one minute and twenty-two seconds into the movie...

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:47 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
Color Out of Space is exemplary for what it is. The strange little touches and craftsmanship to that are a delight. I noticed more stuff the second time I saw it recently. So good. I think of it as the Fury Road for horror movies.

OK... what? I hate to be a contrarian dick because it seems everyone here loved it, but man, I was disappointed as hell with this movie. It just turned out to be another feature-length Nicholas Cage internet meme exactly along the lines of Mandy, except this time the wink-at-the-camera, painfully ironic b-movie tone really didn't suit the story. Bad acting (the mom/wife), hilariously dumb dialogue (everything out of Cage's mouth), pointless additional characters (Tommy Chong; spoiler - he's not in the H.P. Lovecraft story :lol:). I honest-to-gooness couldn't even call it a horror movie. Where was the horror? But neither was it fully a horror-comedy. I don't even fucking know.

Also, how lame is it that the titular color is simply a pinkish mist? That's it. That's the unexplainable, extraterrestrial color-that-isn't-a-color. Pink.

I know Richard Stanley's a badass and I know most people somehow loved it, but that's my two cents. I love the original Lovecraft story and I went in stoked as hell, but yeah. Maybe Dunwich Horror will be better?

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:00 pm 

I liked that nothing about what was going on was explained and it kept dipping further into surreality as it went on. The way it handled the horror elements is exactly what I want out of this style of movie. Tons of weird little touches and oddities that escalated as they went on and it felt like a complete, absurd whole by the end. I think it was definitely a horror film and had an abundance of what I'd like to see more of.

I liked the humor. Felt it added character to the whole thing, and made the characters enjoyable to watch. Was different from most horror movies in that I wasn't just waiting for the bad shit to happen - it felt very organic to me. The only lame thing about it was the Tommy Chong character who seemed like more of a cliche than anything else going on and didn't add much.

Loved Mandy, too, and Nic Cage can be great in stuff like this where he's not just given a bare bones dull script. He's entertaining.

I'm not sure how you'd do an unexplainable color on screen anyway - that's always the issue with filming a Lovecraft thing, the unexplainable stuff probably won't live up to the images in your head. It was just a regular color, but the visuals were splendid and by the last act it's turned into total mayhem on screen.

ChineseDownhill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:23 pm 

Maximum Overdrive - I remember disliking this years ago, but decided to watch it again figuring I'm now in a better position to appreciate campy horror. Turns out I still think it sucks. This might have been OK if the entire movie consisted of scenes like the soda machine attacking the baseball team. But way too much of it is just generally unlikable characters stuck in the diner while evil trucks drive around in circles. Pretty dull. 3 / 10

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:27 pm 

Re-watched Elysium with the intention of finally watching District 9 after it, ended up only watching Elysium though, I still find it a nice, enjoyable but not stellar movie in the 7-8 out of 10 range.

Cat III
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:45 pm 

Saw Tokyo Godfathers in the theater last night. Disappointed that I missed Perfect Blue and Millennium Actress, but at least TG is my favorite Satoshi Kon film. The new dub is well done and made it easier to appreciate the beautiful scenery.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:09 am 

I just watched Stargate and damn I think I hadn't seen that since it came out. And I have no idea why I didn't re-watch it for so long because that's some great stuff. I remembered almost nothing about it and honestly didn't expect I'd enjoy it this much, for whatever reason.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:20 am 

Well Knives Out was fucking awful in ways only Rian Johnson could design. If you didn't figure out all of the "amazing" twists tediously and obviously telegraphed within the first thirty minutes of this interminably long piece of shit, well, you're part of why Hollywood movies suck so much.

Fun fact: toxicology reports don't actually work that way, Nazis don't call people "liberal snowflakes," and a movie which pretends to be anti-Trump but also pro "rich old white men bestowing their money on poor immigrant housemaids and not their failson families" is as ideologically coherent as Bloomberg campaigning for the PSL.

Just watch Neil Simon's Murder By Death instead. The Last Jedi still holds the #1 spot in Johnson's oeuvre I guess.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Smalley
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:05 am 

darkeningday wrote:
Well Knives Out was fucking awful in ways only Rian Johnson could design. If you didn't figure out all of the "amazing" twists tediously and obviously telegraphed within the first thirty minutes of this interminably long piece of shit, well, you're part of why Hollywood movies suck so much.

Fun fact: toxicology reports don't actually work that way, Nazis don't call people "liberal snowflakes," and a movie which pretends to be anti-Trump but also pro "rich old white men bestowing their money on poor immigrant housemaids and not their failson families" is as ideologically coherent as Bloomberg campaigning for the PSL.
To each his own, as I felt that the early reveal in Knives Out was a fairly clever subversion of expectations for a Murder Mystery (not just some empty bait-and-switch), and certainly not one that turned the rest of the film into just a waiting game, as I was still engaged by the film's constantly shifting perspectives and sympathies, as it did certain things to divert our most obvious suspicions, while at the same time settling up smaller mysteries bubbling just beneath the surface, ones that only really become apparent when Johnson choose to reveal them to us, the sure sign of a good mystery (if you're looking for a Daniel Craig movie where we're mostly just waiting for the film to get around to revealing who the incredibly obvious killer is, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is a much better fit). At any rate, I have no idea how the movie being anti-Trump and also in favor of
Spoiler: show
Harlan leaving his inheritance to Marta is a contradiction, especially when it pretty much shows every other member of his large family, at one point or another, to one extent or another, acting like a piece of shit, making it clear that wealthy people who behave altruistically like Harlan tend to be the extremely rare exception, rather than the rule; wouldn't it only be a contradiction if the film showed that him leaving the money to Marta instead of his family] was a bad thing?

ThStealthK wrote:
Thank god you're not a music teacher, the wisest decision you've ever made in your life.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:51 am 

Subverting expectations for the sake of subverting expectations not only doesn't get originality points (it's been done to death in every medium in existence a thousand times over) it actually shows creative bankruptcy on the part of the artist when they fail to do anything with it beyond "bet ur expectations were subverted dawg!" When someone writes, "the world ends not with a whimper, but with a bang," it's not only totally lame, it shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the material it's subverting. This is every nanosecond of Knives Out. It's first year English student bullshit, thinking they're really goddamn clever by misunderstanding T.S. Eliot, or in this case, Agatha Christie.

The only reasonable way to handle the story is by the old rich guy actually being a monster, which actually would have been a plot twist that wasn't achingly laid out after 30 minutes, and I would thusly have retracted my excoriating opinion. But, of course, this is Johnson at the helm, who never found lazy road he didn't carelessly stroll down.

On the plus side, Knives Out showed impressive restraint from Johnson since he didn't have A Strong Independent Female Character (who also looks like a centerfold model) who licks her fingers before having a wank and for that he should be commended.

2.5/10
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:35 am 

To inject some positivity here, Troop Zero (2019) was a delightful little family flick. Viola Davis is a fucking powerhouse, Allison Janey never disappoints, Jim Gaffigan brings his A-game, and McKenna Grace is the most adorable little kid on the planet in this. Plus, any movie where a pivotal scene is set to David Bowie classics is a win in my book. 7.5/10, a little bit of a rough start but it picks up in the second act and just gets better.

darkeningday wrote:
I haven't saw any of the Seen movies.

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:15 am 

darkeningday wrote:
Subverting expectations for the sake of subverting expectations not only doesn't get originality points (it's been done to death in every medium in existence a thousand times over) it actually shows creative bankruptcy on the part of the artist when they fail to do anything with it beyond "bet ur expectations were subverted dawg!" When someone writes, "the world ends not with a whimper, but with a bang," it's not only totally lame, it shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the material it's subverting.

This is basically how the remake of Pet Semetary feels. They cobbled together a remake and went out of their way to subvert expectations of viewers who had seen the original film. It utterly lacked originality and then just filled out the rest of the film with lazy tropes and cliches. A re-imagining of the book would've been one thing, but this was clearly done simply to say to the audience, "see? You expected us to zig, but we zagged! We know you've seen the original film! We're so clever!"

Hated that fucking remake.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:45 am 

To Your Last Death- considering how muched hyped I was for it, it was nothing more than an overrated Saw ripoff. 1/5.

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:16 am 

Class of 1984 (1982) is exploitation junk food of the greatest quality. Roddy McDowall steals ever scene he's in, which is no surprise, but the villains (including future director if both Deadwood and GOT, Timothy Van Patten) are what make it work. They're the ruthless sociopaths that ran rampant in early 80s action cinema but, more so, carved their place in film thanks to 70s crime/horror flicks. A standout performance by Stefan Arngrim and an early role for Michael J. Fox (credited here without the J) are bonuses on top of this sleazy, grimy sundae. 7/10

darkeningday wrote:

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:26 pm 

Resident_Hazard wrote:
darkeningday wrote:
Subverting expectations for the sake of subverting expectations not only doesn't get originality points (it's been done to death in every medium in existence a thousand times over) it actually shows creative bankruptcy on the part of the artist when they fail to do anything with it beyond "bet ur expectations were subverted dawg!" When someone writes, "the world ends not with a whimper, but with a bang," it's not only totally lame, it shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the material it's subverting.

This is basically how the remake of Pet Semetary feels. They cobbled together a remake and went out of their way to subvert expectations of viewers who had seen the original film. It utterly lacked originality and then just filled out the rest of the film with lazy tropes and cliches. A re-imagining of the book would've been one thing, but this was clearly done simply to say to the audience, "see? You expected us to zig, but we zagged! We know you've seen the original film! We're so clever!"

Hated that fucking remake.

I don't think it was that, necessarily--I think it was more, "Shit, we've gotta make a Pet Sematary remake quick before our rights to the license expire, and we don't have any time to scour the earth for a decent toddler actor. Let's just find a decent child actor instead, that's way quicker, and we'll just have Ellie be the dead kid instead."

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:04 pm 

The Platform - A Spanish horror flick about a weird dystopian prison thing where all the prisoners are in cells stacked vertically on top of each other. Every day a massive platform with a shitload of food comes down and the idea is for the prisoners to try and ration it out for everyone else. Which of course does not happen. I found this to be a tiresome slog, just boring as fuck with super obvious social commentary. Without any interesting character motivations, this just comes off like a really stupid cartoon of a movie with no real redeeming factors. It seems to think it's way cleverer than it is and the whole thing is under two hours but feels like a Peter Jackson epic due to how drawn out and slow most of it is. Add in some tonally-weird "comedy" parts and I just found this to be actively annoying after a while. Just so bad.

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:50 pm 

^I almost watched that earlier. Good call on skipping it.

Into the Dark: Crawlers (2020) is a fun little McMovie, cheap and disposable but with decent flavor throughout. 42 years ago, on St. Patrick's Day, a comet crashed in this sleepy college town and now, in 2020, bacteria found on it mutates into doppelgangers of local townsfolk and college students. It's breezy, surprisingly well acted (the cast is all in on the joke), and neither offensive nor life changing. B-movie junk food. 6/10

darkeningday wrote:

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:54 pm 

Apparently it won awards and a lot of people liked it. I almost never have such severe disagreements over stuff like that - maybe it could be mixed reception, but something that got like an 80 percent positive score to be what I just saw is baffling to me. I dunno.

ChineseDownhill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:45 pm 

Either current events have killed my ability to appreciate comedy, or Jay and Silent Bob Reboot is so bad it makes Yoga Hosers look like a masterpiece. Usually Kevin Smith manages a funny, quotable scene or two that stays with me even if the movie overall isn't great. With JASBR I'm only recalling especially bad parts, like the weak attempts at sentimentality. Or the bizarre gag in which Silent Bob recites Glengarry Glen Ross at a KKK meeting.

Only recommended if you're curious how bad it is, and even then try not to pay for it. (It's now on Amazon Prime in the US.)

Oblarg
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:05 am 

Husband and I just tried watching The Ten Commandments. Dear lord, how has anyone ever sat through the thing? We gave up after about 20 minutes.

demonomania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:29 pm 

Spenser Confidential - absolutely terrible.

"Everyone welcome back the Hoffman brothers, a new beginning for great guitarists and people."

Kerrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:41 pm 

Oblarg wrote:
Husband and I just tried watching The Ten Commandments. Dear lord, how has anyone ever sat through the thing? We gave up after about 20 minutes.

Ha, I actually paid to see that in theaters when it came out! Yeah it was awful. The trailer was so much better than the actual movie. It was a clever idea and had great potential but terrible execution IMO.

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:34 am 

For a second I thought you were dogging on the Charlton Heston classic...

darkeningday wrote:

Sedition and Pockets
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:50 am 

Kurosawa movies running all day on TMC. DVR should keep me busy into the weekend.

Kerrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:09 pm 

acid_bukkake wrote:
For a second I thought you were dogging on the Charlton Heston classic...

Ha, I'm not that old! Though I realized the movie I was thinking of was simply called The Ten.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0811106/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:12 am 

They Live - Classic from the 80s with Roddy Piper (I honestly didn't think about this too much with everything else going on). I enjoy these types of goofy punk rock sci fi flicks - it's super un-subtle but just escalates more and more and becomes gloriously fun. Everybody has probably seen this by now. It was a good time.

Ingrid Goes West - Really liked this. Strange offbeat comedy about a girl who goes to California and stalks an Instagram model. Aubrey Plaza is fantastic and the other actors are good too, and the story moves along with enough off-kilter, humorous touches and strange turns that I wasn't bored. I think it had more to say than other such stalker movies that take themselves too seriously. I liked Ingrid and the movie, despite how fucked up it is, does good at playing everything in a twisted but strangely endearing way, revealing new things in a natural sort of manner. Very well done.

Daniel Isn't Real - Strange low budget horror about a guy whose old imaginary friend gets "let out" and starts fucking with him. This had some surprisingly cool visuals and effects, and the story was basic but it went to some stranger directions as it went on. Trippy and weird and it was good if you're into this kind of thing.

The Girl on the 3rd Floor - This got some press for having martial artist CM Punk in it. Kind of a basic haunted house story, but not told in the usual mode that these movies were done in for decades that James Wan capitalized on. It's got its own feel to it and does some very interesting visual tricks that give it its own voice. Gets real freaky at the end. I wouldn't say this is great, could've been fleshed out better than it was to show more character development; right now it feels a bit goofy and shallow in a way. But it's more like The Shining than any of the Wan-types of movies, and even that's kind of a stretch. It kind of is its own thing. Hopefully the director does more.

Wendigo - A 2001 film from director Larry Fessenden about a family vacationing in the woods and beset upon by evil. It's super low budget, like even by the standards of low budget films. Takes a long time to get anywhere and that drags it down. But I can't deny there's a weird charm to it in a way.

The Hunt - This is pretty awful really. The Purge did this same kind of cartoonish political satire but at least it wasn't this totally obnoxious about it. And this is pretty much a conservative propaganda film trying to show that the conservative characters, who act polite and nice, are hunted by the liberals, who act woke but are willing to MURDER everyone else! I guess it's all supposed to be played for comedy but it's very poorly written. Some of the most annoying shit ever. The action I guess can be entertaining, but how much is that worth to sit through the rest of it? Shame as there are definitely ways to lampoon the liberal elite types... this just isn't it.

Last edited by Empyreal on Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:30 am 

Empyreal wrote:
The Girl on the 3rd Floor - This got some press for having martial artist CM Punk in it.

Technically true since he's moved to MMA last I checked but still a really weird thing to read.

Empyreal wrote:
They Live - Classic from the 80s with Kurt Russell.

However this is a banworthy mistake tbh
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:33 am 

Wow well I fucked up.

And yeah I don't follow any of that too much - I just looked it up and that's what it said about CM Punk. I just checked that out because a friend recommended it.

gomorro
Too Slow to Owl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:22 am 

A couple of days ago, I saw Escape from LA. I didn't recall it was that cheesy :lol:. Effects sucked llama balls and the fight scenes were extremly lame and lazy. Still funny thing to watch while high

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:31 am 

Oh man, I watched that recently too and I did a spit-take at the whole "Kurt Russell raaaaaadically surfs away from a giant wave" scene. I'm so glad that somehow wasn't spoiled for me beforehand.

gomorro
Too Slow to Owl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:39 am 

Smoking_Gnu wrote:
Oh man, I watched that recently too and I did a spit-take at the whole "Kurt Russell raaaaaadically surfs away from a giant wave" scene.

Hahaha yeah and lands coveniently over a convertible car.
Carpenter yu curayzi dog :roll: so bad is good

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:39 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Empyreal wrote:
The Girl on the 3rd Floor - This got some press for having martial artist CM Punk in it.

Technically true since he's moved to MMA last I checked but still a really weird thing to read.

Even more so when you've been following his work since the IWA Mid-South days.

darkeningday wrote:

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:51 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
The Hunt ... Shame as there are definitely ways to lampoon the liberal elite types... this just isn't it.

I guess this sort of depends on your definition of who exactly is an "elite," but for me Team America's depiction of Hollywood actors is still laugh-out-loud funny. It's only like 10 seconds but Sean Penn's "AND THEY MAKE MONEY, HMMPH!" speech always puts me in stitches.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 754, 755, 756, 757, 758, 759, 760 ... 818  Next