Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:51 pm 

The political and psychological implications in Chinatown are really fucking powerful and I can understand why it's considered one of the best movies. In my experience though, the whole film is a bit too straightforward and slow until that crazy ending. Still great.

Lane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:39 am 

Watched a cult movie Withnail & I this week. Directed by Bruce Robinson in 1987 and stars marvellous Richard E Grant.

It's about two young actors who live in Camden Town, London, 1969. They, of course, need to spend time and alcohol and drugs are suitable for that. Well, they need some time off from chaotic city life and leave for a country holiday. Well, a bloody funny movie, but also tragic one, this lost some of its drive towards the end, but I can see why it's a cult movie. And I still think it's a good-time flick anyway.

8/10

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:31 am 

Sepulchrave wrote:
The political and psychological implications in Chinatown are really fucking powerful and I can understand why it's considered one of the best movies. In my experience though, the whole film is a bit too straightforward and slow until that crazy ending. Still great.

I think notions like this likely stem from seeing a classic film after we've seen so many copycat films and stories that took inspiration from them. Ultimately, it diminishes the impact of the classic film, which is unfortunate. I've recently been trying to be more respectful, in a sense, of the media I consume. I try to give it my full, untainted attention so that I can enjoy it for what it is. By untainted, I mean, I am attempting to ignore the years or decades of what has come after and put myself in the mindset to simply take in a movie (etc) for what it is.

Take the original Star Wars, for instance. Now we have half a dozen movies per year that take inspiration from there, often with better effects and very often with better writing and dialog (let's be honest, the first Star Wars has some really terrible dialog and delivery throughout). On top of that, there are now, what, 10 additional movies in the Star Wars universe after the first one, not counting the Ewok movies, which would bring that to 12. We're not that far off from seeing a generation of moviegoers who look at the original Star Wars as "dated and underwhelming" if they don't already exist.

-----

Last movie watched:
Klaus: Watched this Netflix exclusive with my son, girlfriend, and her kids. Surprisingly fun movie with some equally surprising darker and creepier moments. My favorite character is a little girl who, every time you see her, she is slowly "piercing" something like she's twisting a knife in a beaten man. The first shot of her is standing with other kids around a snowman that, instead of a carrot for a nose, the carrots look like knives stabbed into it. And of course, she's "twisting another knife" into the snowman. The protagonist is a postman whose selfish goals end up inadvertently spreading a kind of holiday cheer around a bitter, feud-mangled community while building the legend of Santa Claus. There are some predictable narrative points (it's a family movie after all), but enough great moments to make the adults (and teenager) in the room laugh. There are also a lot of side-eyed "did you see that shit?" moments in the movie that will go over the heads of kids, but adults will catch.

Not necessarily a story spoiler, but it might give away a bit much:
Spoiler: show
There is a moment when the postman starts his service in the ramshackle post office and the "s" falls off the sign, so it says "Pot Office." The manner in which he then inspires kids to start writing to "Klaus" is the way a shady drug dealer might skulk around offering tastes of his wares to people. Kids will see an amusing montage of a funny character selling an idea to kids. Adults will see a drug dealer.

Still, a solid holiday film that doesn't get bogged down in Hallmark levels of emotional sappiness, decent humor, generally enjoyable characters, and unique animation. It's CG that evokes the look of a more classic 2D cel animation. There is, of course, the arc of watching a snot-nosed unlikeable protagonist grow into someone likeable, with an obvious love interest. A good Santa origin story.

Amber Gray
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:13 am 

while waiting patiently and curiously for Sion Sono's first english language film Prisoners of the Ghostland starring Nicolas Cage to drop next year (maybe it'll even show in theaters here :0 ), he's dropped this Netflix original film seemingly out of the blue and god damn it he's done it again. Just furthering his status as my hella favorite filmmaker.

If Cold Fish didn't already show me how to dispose of a body explicitly enough then I sure as hell know now.

[New release] Noosefiller - Noosefilller (Technical/Progressive Black Metal)
Q'uq'umatz (Avant-garde/progressive metal/psychedelic/noise rock)

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:14 am 

Subrick wrote:
The Irishman.
Some of the de-aging effects on Pesci and De Niro looking kinda wonky every so often.

https://www.filmaffinity.com/en/film325196.html

Not bad but quite disappointed.
Also, the faces look SO weird.

Kerrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:22 pm 

I watched a couple silly vampire comedies lately. The first was Sundown: The Vampire In Retreat. It was a lot of fun. Super corny and pretty light, though pretty enjoyable. While overall it was fairly predictable, the conclusion to the big vampire battle at the end was pretty unique I thought. The second was Bloodsucking Bastards which tried to blend Office Space with vampires and while it had some fun moments, overall I thought it was just too derivative and not particularly well-written to fully enjoy. There are far worse flicks out there, but I probably wouldn't recommend unless you're especially bored haha.

Face_your_fear_79
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:31 pm 

Finally got around to watching The Godfather. Good movie but no were near the greatest movie of all time like a lot of people believe. But I had a great time viewing it.

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:51 am 

Face_your_fear_79 wrote:
Finally got around to watching The Godfather. Good movie but no were near the greatest movie of all time like a lot of people believe. But I had a great time viewing it.

That's because the greatest movie is Shawshank Redemption. Let's be real.

ChineseDownhill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:44 pm 

Glass - After watching Split and agreeing with the consensus that it was the best Shyamalan movie in 15 years, I really wanted to like this. But I didn't. The trailer made clear that part of the story would take place in a mental institution. It just didn't prepare me for how talky and dull the first ~90 minutes would be. I never got the sense that I was learning anything new about the characters from Split and Unbreakable.

When the movie went into action mode, it wasn't much better. Fight scenes were often filmed by having people hold each other while the camera showed an extended closeup of one person's face. There has to be some compromise between this technique and obnoxious quick cutting shakycam, right? Shit, there's a scene in Unbreakable where Bruce Willis sneaks up behind a guy and puts him in a chokehold, and it's more memorable than any of the action in Glass.

So we have Shyamalan back to making disappointing films, and another trilogy whose third entry is clearly the weakest.

Face_your_fear_79
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:56 pm 

Resident_Hazard wrote:
Face_your_fear_79 wrote:

That's because the greatest movie is Shawshank Redemption. Let's be real.

I agree. Never seen it but agree.

Lane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:29 pm 

More from Chritian Bale: Equilibrium (a.k. Cubic, and Rebellion).

Awesome dystopian movie! Also features Sean Bean. A must-see for sci-fi freaks. It was mentioned on the threah over 2 years ago, so take this as a reminder.

I remind to re-watch the movie by rocking to this (don't watch it if you haven't seen the movie, because of spoilers):

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:35 pm 

Just finished the Baahubali saga and can now say that modern Indian blockbusters kick the living shit out of modern American blockbusters. Every single frame of these two movies could be hung in a gallery. This rivals Peter Jackson's LotR trilogy as far as I'm concerned.

Anyone else watched much Indian cinema? I've seen a couple dozen by now and I haven't found one I didn't enjoy. May start an Indian cinema thread.

So has anyone else seen Baahubali? It's on Netflix. If you like fantasy but are sick to death of elves/dwarves/wizards/orcs and magic of any kind, you will not be disappointed.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:21 pm 

Being Indian / Pakistani American, I've seen the two Baahubali movies. Visually spectacular, yes, but when you've been exposed to bollywood movies since childhood they're just typical shlock entertainment.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:01 am 

Tollywood! The hokiness is actually what drew me to Indian cinema, as the films seem acutely aware of how artificial and ridiculous they are; basically big-budget Troma films. Hollywood movies try to wear the veneer of serious art but they're as cynical and focus tested as any other multimillion dollar investment. Indian films are as unrestrained as a first year film student's short film scripts and while they always come riddled with unfinished plotlines, bewildering twists, at least an hour too long and CGI roughly 20 years behind the times, it's also not the same fucking movie remade 500 times. Just look at Shankar's brilliant Sivaji the Boss: it's a romantic comedy, it's a slapstick comedy, it's a serious commentary on wealth inequality, it's an action film and it's, of course, a musical. Find me a recent Hollywood movie that can claim that.

All that said, I didn't get schlockiness at all from Baahubali.

Just downloaded this; looks incredible:
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:35 pm 

Watchmen 2009 - Found it to be a seriously awkward but strangely enjoyable movie.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

InnesI
The Goat Fucker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:59 pm 

droneriot wrote:
Watchmen 2009 - Found it to be a seriously awkward but strangely enjoyable movie.

It's my favourite comic book movie bar none. I think its excellent and overlooked. I am also heretical in that I prefer the movie to the actual comic.
I've also been called a satanist, communist, right wing, nazi-apologist, conservative dipshit, muslim (lover), PC, feminist, neoliberal, boot licker, verbal masturbator and an eternal low-key fascist enabler! Please add your projection too.
Ad hominem

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:02 pm 

I can't stand the Watchmen movie. Entirely misunderstands what the comic was all about and seems to glorify vigilante justice. I hate the fact it exists.

InnesI wrote:
It's my favourite comic book movie bar none. I think its excellent and overlooked. I am also heretical in that I prefer the movie to the actual comic.

I had no idea it was humanly possible to have this opinion.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:30 pm 

InnesI wrote:
droneriot wrote:

Why?

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:06 am 

It was legit the worst comic book movie ever made until The Amazing Spider-man 2 usurped it. Though I'd rather sit through TAS2 again than the movie that stank worse than an abattoir of retarded children.

Last edited by darkeningday on Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kerrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:14 am 

I recently watched It Comes At Night and thought it was pretty good. Solid acting and directing all around, and great suspense buildup. The ending seemed a bit too forced at first, though after thinking about it a little more, the decisions made by the characters started to make more sense. Overall I'd recommend it.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:23 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Resident_Hazard wrote:
The Lighthouse: Last weekend to see this in a theater around here, and it was only in one location. LOVED IT.

iamntbatman wrote:
Finally got around to Once Upon a Time In Hollywood.

Sepulchrave wrote:
The Irishman is a masterpiece.

Fuck! I MUST watch those.

And Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood (https://www.filmaffinity.com/en/film169177.html).
Not only his last (quite some, by now) films are bad. I hate his "homages" because there's nothing left in the film. Just clichés for fanboys.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:39 am 

Razakel wrote:
and seems to glorify vigilante justice.

Well that's simply wrong. That's part of what made it so awkward to watch, that there isn't one single sympathetic character, they're all pieces of shit and there isn't a single "good guy." At least The Boys which I watched a few days ago had two characters who try to be nice, this one doesn't have any, they're all sociopath psychos.

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:02 am 

The purpose of Watchmen, the comic book, was to show what could be done in the comic book medium that could not be done in books or films. By default then the Watchmen movie is a failure, and why Alan Moore was so opposed to it.

Last edited by waiguoren on Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:05 am 

Well you live in the same time zone as I so I assume you just woke up as well because you mixed up my criticism of someone else's criticism after I said I enjoyed it. Not quite sure how, but I recommend coffee.

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:10 am 

Yeah got that mixed up, edited it out.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:15 am 

I'll check out the original story next. I don't really have the focus and patience for reading these days but apparently they made the entire thing into a motion comic.

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:21 am 

If you're going to read Moore's comic stuff (which I'd highly recommend) and want something less taxing than Watchmen, start with his Swamp Thing run. It's excellent horror (as good as it gets in comic book format actually), then move on to V for Vendetta and Watchmen, then From Hell. He's really an excellent writer.

InnesI
The Goat Fucker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:24 am 

Empyreal wrote:
InnesI wrote:
droneriot wrote:

Why?

Well, the most obvious difference is the ending. I prefer the film ending. It makes more sense and ads to the tragedy of the story. Instead of just repeating arguments this short piece has it depicted well enough: https://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/wat ... -the-books

I also like the aesthetics better in the movie compared to the comic. To me the cinematography (is that the right word?) is just more attractive in the film compared to the art in the comic. I also think the popular music choices greatly enhanced a great atmosphere (and I for one usually dislike the use of popular music in film in general). I also tend to connect better to the characters in the film version. The rape scene for instance had a bigger emotional impact on me in the film compared to the comic.

And then, if we compare to other comic book movies, this one doesn't rely on the action (neither does the comic). The worst part for me about most of the Marvel movies for example (out of which I only appreciate a handful or so) is the overblown, overdone, extreme CGI fighting. I prefer the films which are heavier on the story rather than those focusing on comic book action. I also generally like the darker film. Other super hero films I appreciate are Batman Begins, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, The X-Men trilogy (yes even the hated third instalment) and First Class etc. But sure I can appreciate some of the more lighthearted ones as well. I really appreciated the first Avengers film and the first Iron Man.

droneriot wrote:
Razakel wrote:
and seems to glorify vigilante justice.

Well that's simply wrong. That's part of what made it so awkward to watch, that there isn't one single sympathetic character, they're all pieces of shit and there isn't a single "good guy." At least The Boys which I watched a few days ago had two characters who try to be nice, this one doesn't have any, they're all sociopath psychos.

I don't think they are all sociopathic psychos. However all of them are flawed. I think this is a huge strength of the film and not very far from the comic book either.
I've also been called a satanist, communist, right wing, nazi-apologist, conservative dipshit, muslim (lover), PC, feminist, neoliberal, boot licker, verbal masturbator and an eternal low-key fascist enabler! Please add your projection too.
Ad hominem

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:27 pm 

Nah the original comic ending was fine and made plenty of sense. It was weird but not everything weird is bad. It's conspiratorial and made sense for the time period it was written about - the "bringing nations together" angle. Having Manhattan be a regular character, disinterested and disconnected from the world, and not the cause of what happens made more sense to me by a mile.

I consider the movie to be basically unwatchable. It's not a story that translated well to the screen. I think you need time to really digest the complexities of the characters and all of the various little plot threads. It's a very wordy book and has a lot of dialogue that needs time to unfold. A two hour movie couldn't contain all of it. With the book you need to really spend time going over these pages and taking in all the little subtleties and details of the world they built.

Been watching some Scorsese flicks the last few days...

Raging Bull - What a corker of a film. Just pure ugliness and rage. I think this may be my new favorite by him (I'd seen it like once but barely remembered it.) Jake LaMotta's story is told as a diametric opposition - he excels in the ring, but the same qualities of unbridled rage and fighting ability are the reasons he fails at everything in real life and alienates everyone around him. It's just a raw, unfiltered look at a side of the human psyche. Fascinating and hard-hitting.

Mean Streets - Had never seen this before. Raw and dirty. Just a story about your associations with people who are troubled. A lot of Scorsese's films touch on the coldness of the gangster lifestyle. In this one, the characters let their sour relationships and bad traits keep going because it's human nature. We rarely seem to fix ourselves when we should, until it's too late. This wasn't as polished as his later work but I found it to be engaging.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:22 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
A two hour movie couldn't contain all of it.

That's the other thing that was really awkward about watching it, the whole thing felt like one long trailer, cutting together the best pieces of like two seasons of a TV show and leaving out everything in between, just jumping from scene to scene. Like somehow they had to cram in as much as possible, leaving no room whatsoever to let anything sink in. A side-effect of that was the awkward jumps between the apparent main character, like basically having Rorschach as the main character for a while, then you don't see him for ages and everything's focused on Manhattan or someone else, and so on. Really jarring stuff. But it's actually why I enjoyed it because it's so overkill on all the things they throw at you and demand you to somehow process while the movie's already two scenes further.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:46 pm 

Yep... if you haven't read the book, you should sometime soon. There's so much little detail in the text, little things to read or notice that add context to the world-building (TV clips, various backstories, the interludes between comic issues that explain some of the history), that the movie couldn't do because of the difference in the mediums.

And yeah the shifts between characters are done issue by issue in the comics. In the movie it did come off as strange pacing.

InnesI
The Goat Fucker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:40 am 

Empyreal wrote:
I consider the movie to be basically unwatchable. It's not a story that translated well to the screen. I think you need time to really digest the complexities of the characters and all of the various little plot threads. It's a very wordy book and has a lot of dialogue that needs time to unfold. A two hour movie couldn't contain all of it. With the book you need to really spend time going over these pages and taking in all the little subtleties and details of the world they built.

Sure, that's almost always the way when the original is thick and dense. It's impossible to translate from one medium to another without some things getting lost and other things getting added. And remember I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the comic I just enjoy the film a bit more.
Ad hominem

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:46 am 

InnesI wrote:

Well, the most obvious difference is the ending. I prefer the film ending. It makes more sense and ads to the tragedy of the story. Instead of just repeating arguments this short piece has it depicted well enough: https://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/wat ... -the-books

I also like the aesthetics better in the movie compared to the comic. To me the cinematography (is that the right word?) is just more attractive in the film compared to the art in the comic. I also think the popular music choices greatly enhanced a great atmosphere (and I for one usually dislike the use of popular music in film in general). I also tend to connect better to the characters in the film version. The rape scene for instance had a bigger emotional impact on me in the film compared to the comic.

Personal preference on look and style is fine, but I find it odd to appear so dismissive of the carefully honed art of the original Watchmen graphic novel/comics. There is an entire chapter that is laid out to be symmetrical. This is some serious effort put into the visuals.

I always loved the art of the Watchmen comics, which I have in the collected graphic novel form. So I'm adding to the voice that the movie is just missing something. I own it, but I don't think I've ever watched it twice. I've read the book three times at least. There's just so much more care done to the world building and character development. I didn't care for making Dr. Manhattan the bad guy in the movie, and yes I realize the "faked alien invasion" angle is somewhat pulled from an original Outer Limits episode (The Architects of Fear), I think it works better.

The implication that Dr. Manhatten caused the problem will not unite the world the way an alien menace would. Dr. Manhattan was still a human, still from Earth, and created on Earth. People could recreate the accident and have another Dr. Manhattan leading to a different kind of bizarre super-human cold war.

But an alien threat is something else entirely. And that's what made Rorschach's discovery so important. This event could truly unite the world, but Rorschach's stern morality and detective work leaves an opening to supersede the work of Ozymandias. It leaves a better moral quandary of who is actually in the right in this situation.

To be fair to the movie, I thought Rorschach (always a favorite of mine) was portrayed extremely well, the film was very stylish, and Negan played a great Comedian. But the film is just missing too much depth and I don't find it particularly memorable. I never feel like watching it again.

I have heard great things about the new series, and that it follows the book, which has piqued my interest. I have long been of the mindset that the Watchmen graphic novel is essentially perfect, and I don't need or want anything else to interfere with how I enjoy it. Just because I love something doesn't mean I want to see it continue forever, watered down further with each new interpretation. You know... Like Star Wars is now.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:02 am 

Resident_Hazard wrote:
Just because I love something doesn't mean I want to see it continue forever, watered down further with each new interpretation. You know... Like Star Wars is now.

Not really an outlandish mindset to have on a metal forum considering no fandom is plagued more by people who refuse to see when enough is enough. Fast forward to 2029 with a new Ozzy album thanks to a new version of autotune where he just needs to hum quietly and it's turn into his vocals, and of course another Metallica album that totally goes back to the roots this time even though nobody ever even asked for that.

With films and television it's of course all a question of the right creative impulse. After the Batman & Robin disaster nobody wanted another one of those movies, but then Christopher Nolan took it in a different direction. So sometimes it can work to just look at something in a different way. And sometimes people try that in four different ways and it gets worse each time, and that's how we got the last four Terminator movies. All a question of whether there's the right person with the right idea for the right job.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:06 am 

The Watchmen show isn't like any of that shit though. It's its own thing that just happens to expand on the comics. You could take the broad strokes and do something else with them, but they tied it into the world of Watchmen and actually did a good job making it all make sense. It's not just a "OK, fans, here's more" type of thing. It feels like a genuine artistic impulse, rather than fanservice (though maybe a few moments in the end are slightly fanservice-y, but eh they earned it by then.)

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:15 am 

I haven't seen it yet but that's actually what I was trying to say in my previous post because from what I hear that's why it's popular. That even if a story/universe/franchise/whatever appears to need nothing more added to it, someone with the right idea can still make it work in a way that's worth it.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:19 am 

Yeah I admit I didn't see the last bit of your post and was mostly responding to the general idea of stuff being continued unnecessarily. Definitely everyone should check this fucking show out. It's over now and probably won't continue, so it won't take long to get the whole picture.

at the gaytes
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:54 pm 

Shirome (2010) - horror mockumentary about one of these insufferable all-girl J-Pop groups that decides to do a TV special on the urban legend of a demon/god thing called Shirome. According to the legend, if you go to Shirome's shrine and make a truthful wish it will become true, but if you have doubts about it then Shirome will drag you to hell. The girls have the brilliant idea of asking Shirome to have a chance to appear on a popular TV show.

This is probably the strangest found footage that I have ever seen. The movie is 80 minutes long and contains at least 25 minutes of the girls singing and performing. At the climax, they reach Shirome's shrine inside an abandoned school, experiencing all sorts of creepy paranormal phenomena on the way. And then... 5 uninterrupted minutes of the girls singing and dancing while surrounded by all sort of black magic paraphernalia. Nice.

And even weirder, I found out that the group featured in the movie is an actual real life J-Pop group. That explain why there's so much stupid performances, but raises the question of who thought it was good publicity to feature the group on a movie that seems to suggest they are cursed and achieved success by making a deal with a demon - 6/10

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:59 pm 

This year has been a good year for movies - Joker, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Parasite, The Lighthouse, Midsommar, The Irishman - are there any I am missing? Crazy how the fewer Marvel movies there are in a year, the better quality movies there are.

What a blimmin' world.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:20 pm 

The number of Marvel movies doesn't really go up or down a lot, it's been three from Marvel Studios plus one or two from Fox and Sony for years now. 2019 had four, 2018 had six, 2017 had four, 2016 had four plus a straight-to-DVD movie, 2015 had three, 2014 had five plus two straight-to-DVD movies...

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 749, 750, 751, 752, 753, 754, 755 ... 818  Next