Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:51 pm 

STANLEY CUP FINAL

Boston Bruins (2nd in Atlantic Division), Eastern Conference vs. St. Louis Blues (3rd in Central Division, Western Conference)
The Boston Bruins and St. Louis Blues are the 2019 Stanley Cup Finalists. While Boston was among the favorites to make the Stanley Cup Final towards the start of the season, St. Louis were actually in last place in the NHL in January. Most had written them off to even make the playoffs around this point of the season, let alone make the Stanley Cup Final for only the fourth time in franchise history (the Blues, who entered the NHL in 1967-68, have never won a Stanley Cup). The Bruins and Blues have met in the playoffs twice, in 1970 and 1972, with Boston winning in a sweep both times. The former was in the 1970 Stanley Cup Final, which was notable for Bobby Orr's iconic Stanley Cup clinching goal known to hockey fans as "The Goal".

Prediction: Boston in five games.

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:52 am 

Boston has more depth and experience, so I would expect them to win in six games. However, St. Louis' cinderella story is quite impressive. I wish them all the best to make the improbable happen by taking this last giant step.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:33 am 

I was completely off with my predictions for the conference finals, so I just hope we get a great, entertaining series. Blues/Bruins regular season games have been very entertaining for the last decade or so now, so getting to see them play in the SCF should be a treat for hockey fans. The only thing that is going to ruin this is having to listen to Mike Milbury.

Reply to topic