* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:54 pm 

Dandelo wrote:
Nochielo wrote:
Such a shame that FE:A copies are as scarce as they are, this is maybe the best game in the 3DS and this distribution flop was just awful. I can see why people outside Asia don't like Monster Hunter. The game is clearly targeted towards that demography, there's odd controls, tons of grinding, most of your time will be spent on preparation for fights, you can fight a monster 45 minutes and lose, among many other things, but I really like it. The 3DS is releasing a wealth of good games, so far I'm happy with the portable.

I think FE:A has sold pretty well despite the distribution problems, which is a real surprise. I hope they get the GBA ones up on the virtual console because they're quite expensive now (as is the DS game). Hell, I hope they get GBA titles on the service!

Needs to happen: all the Japan only Fire Emblem games re-released for the rest of the world.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:44 pm 

I'd rather have a re-release of all 3 scenarios of Shining Force 3, modernized and localized. Ah, I can dream...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Young_Metalhead
Saanut kerran. Todistetusti.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:41 pm 

So I traded my copy of Sly 2 that came with the PS2 for a copy of Final Fantasy X, my copy of Dark Mirror for a copy of Gran Turismo 4, and finally, my copy of Ratchet & Clank for a copy of Naruto Ultimate Ninja (sorry, the girlfriend LOVES Naruto). Fair exchanging huh?

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:09 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
Dandelo wrote:
I think FE:A has sold pretty well despite the distribution problems, which is a real surprise. I hope they get the GBA ones up on the virtual console because they're quite expensive now (as is the DS game). Hell, I hope they get GBA titles on the service!

Needs to happen: all the Japan only Fire Emblem games re-released for the rest of the world.

Agreed. I have every Fire Emblem that came to the West, but the more the merrier.
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:27 pm 

Started playing Homeworld 2 for the first time in a long time today, I'm only on the third campaign level and I'm already getting my ass kicked. Good stuff.

last.fm

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:32 pm 

I really liked the original Homeworld. Used to play it for hours. It was calming. Eventually I ended up using the harvesters to hi jack the whole opposing army and walked right over the end of the game. :)

The_Orphanizer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:01 am 

Did anybody else find Bulletstorm as satisfying as I did when it came to "FUCK OFF AND DIE, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" gameplay?

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:29 am 

Hell yes, Bulletstorm kicks ass. Just shooting, over the top violence, blood, gore and TONS of dick jokes. Just turn off your brain for 10-12 hours or so.

Ravenlord266
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:09 pm 

I decided to buy XCOM: Terror from the Deep on Steam. Ho-ly shit is this game fucking hard or what? And this is coming from an Enemy Unknown veteran and I just finished the first game from the old series (UFO Defence) without much trouble as well. Hot damn.

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Some cultures radiate "I peaked in high school" energy, metal culture radiates "I peaked when somebody else peaked in high school" energy.

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:23 pm 

I didn't pay much attention to Bioshock: Infinite until the review embargo was lifted. Now I'm gonna have to play it, haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jchIi-vR_js

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:45 pm 

Adriankat wrote:

He talks :o
Surely that means the game must suck.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:48 am 

I'm not reading or watching anything, I know it'll be GOTY. Can't wait.

Though I am paying attention to articles, I am a bit disappointed that the 1999 mode is not unlocked from the get go, however, the Konami code apparently unlocks it. That's fucking amazing.

w0Lf
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:13 am 

I've been playing the new Adventure Time game for 3DS, which is heavily inspired by Zelda II but based in the universe of the cartoon Adventure Time. But despite being a fan of both, this game is a little disappointing. It works as a fan service in that all the characters from the show are present and there are tons of little references to the series (royal tarts as recovery items, Donny the grass ogre as a miniboss, etc). But as a game, it comes up short. Leveling up is based on finding collectibles rather than killing enemies, which makes combat tedious. There's also plenty of filler in the game, as you are often tasked with fetch quests that have you backtracking through areas you've already played, but the fact that you're not earning xp makes it tedious. Finally, the games seems short. I've already blazed through three dungeons in the course of two days, and I could be mistaken, but I think there's only one or two dungeons left. Doesn't seem to be many secrets in the game either. It's definitely not a terrible game, but there's probably better games you could be playing.

Overall, the game is only worth picking up if you're a fan of the show and/or an Adventure of Link aficionado.

Dandelo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:53 pm 

Nochielo wrote:
Hell yes, Bulletstorm kicks ass. Just shooting, over the top violence, blood, gore and TONS of dick jokes. Just turn off your brain for 10-12 hours or so.

I must go back and play this. Waggleton P Tallylicker, he will be remembered.

I forgot how awesome Wario Land is. What a good game.

BaloroftheEvilEye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:27 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
Adriankat wrote:

He talks :o
Surely that means the game must suck.

Alas, no change there, then. Won't be picking this one up.

The_Orphanizer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:23 pm 

Nochielo wrote:

:headbang: Yeeeep. Shit was most fun haha. While it's not necessarily the finest in terms of shooter mechanics, every weapon was pretty fun (either for primary fire, secondary fire, or both) and exploring/attempting ridiculous skillshots was just too much fun.

Just started Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Fucking yes to this game. Playing it on hard, and it's kicked my ass a fair number of times. The combat manages to not clone more popular action games while still incorporating influences from them, and it is unique enough to stand out on its own.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:36 pm 

Been also going through Sly 2 on the PS3. I find it interesting how they made Bently and Murray useful characters. Especially Murray who went from a bumbling half-wit who cowered when some dog came around with a plank in the first game to the team's berserker in the second game and onward.

HeavyMetalGamer666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:55 am 

Been playing Bomberman on a MSX emulator. Quite the interesting game, especially for the start of the series.

Also been playing Aero The Acrobat on the Super Nintendo.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:39 am 

The_Orphanizer wrote:
Just started Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Fucking yes to this game. Playing it on hard, and it's kicked my ass a fair number of times. The combat manages to not clone more popular action games while still incorporating influences from them, and it is unique enough to stand out on its own.

I dunno about that one, didn't like what I've played though it's somewhere in my room so I'll finish it eventually and see what I think of it then. I'll say that I'm a little biased because I am very critical towards 3D Castlevanias, I want all of them to be 2D sidescrollers.

On other topic, anyone seen the trailers for new Amnesia? Frictional and thechineseroom (or something) have bested me. I'll buy the game, no doubt about that. Let's see how long does it take me to muster the courage to actually play it. Game looks scary as all fuck.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:28 pm 

Anyone else play League of Legends?

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

Dandelo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:29 pm 

The_Orphanizer wrote:

I thought this game was very solid, had a lot of influences from other titles, the Shadow of the Colossus parts were a real spectacle. I also loved the challenges, some of them were brutal.

Luigi's Mansion is very good. Has a lot fuck lot of character. I guess the whole thing is about Luigi finding the hero in himself. That is a really cool theme.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:04 am 

double post.
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:04 am 

Sweet Jesus I'm playing the 1.3 mod for Final Fantasy Tactics and it's making me want to rip my hair out. And I'm NOT EVEN PLAYING THE INSANE DIFFICULTY VERSION, just the "content" mod that has all the new content without the sadistic difficulty. It's still a lot harder than vanilla; Zigolis Swamp has destroyed me like 6 times in a row. Ghosts now have insane physical evasion (in addition to their damn instant sleep touch which has like 70% chance of success...also they have a stop version), those tentacle things now have a "breath" attack that hits everything within 2-3 tiles in all directions that can petrify, stop, confuse, poison, or blind you (or some combination), and the revenant things can do 120+ damage with their ice soul/thunder soul attacks.

And Mustadio keeps either missing his seal evils or doing retarded physical attacks instead. CHRIST. :lol:

Overall it's not as challenging as this one battle but I'm sure the future will hold a few similarly grim scenarios. Remember the battle against like 5 chemists in vanilla? Practically every human in this version has item abilities with phoenix down and high potions. It's like that battle all the damn time.

Definitely spicing things up for someone who's gotten bored of vanilla though. A lot of the new spells, skills, and items are very cool. Thank god they revamped the archer class, no more charge +20.

Last edited by Nahsil on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:24 am 

Nahsil wrote:
Sweet Jesus I'm playing the 1.3 mod for Final Fantasy Tactics and it's making me want to rip my hair out. And I'm NOT EVEN PLAYING THE INSANE DIFFICULTY VERSION, just the "content" mod that has all the new content without the sadistic difficulty. It's still a lot harder than vanilla; Zigolis Swamp has destroyed me like 6 times in a row. Ghosts now have insane physical evasion (in addition to their damn instant sleep touch which has like 70% chance of success...also they have a stop version), those tentacle things now have a "breath" attack that hits everything within 2-3 tiles in all directions that can petrify, stop, confuse, poison, or blind you (or some combination), and the revenant things can do 120+ damage with their ice soul/thunder soul attacks.

And Mustadio keeps either missing his seal evils or doing retarded physical attacks instead. CHRIST. :lol:

Overall it's not as challenging as this one battle but I'm sure the future will hold a few similarly grim scenarios. Remember the battle against like 5 chemists in vanilla? Practically every human in this version has item abilities with phoenix down and high potions. It's like that battle all the damn time.

Definitely spicing things up for someone who's gotten bored of vanilla though. A lot of the new spells, skills, and items are very cool. Thank god they revamped the archer class, no more charge +20.

I wonder how hard Riovanes Castle will be. I remember when I first played the game, I was not ready for that Weigraf battle...

Exkretor wrote:

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:25 am 

stickyshooZ wrote:
I wonder how hard Riovanes Castle will be. I remember when I first played the game, I was not ready for that Weigraf battle...

That Wiegraf battle was a goddamn trap.

sortalikeadream
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:50 pm 

Been having so much fun playing sleeping dogs. beat the main story in days, now just doing all the side content. except racing missions because i suck at them and they just arent as much fun to me.

less fun playing assassin's creed 3. shit is ridiculously buggy on PC.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:21 pm 

sortalikeadream wrote:
Been having so much fun playing sleeping dogs. beat the main story in days, now just doing all the side content. except racing missions because i suck at them and they just arent as much fun to me.

less fun playing assassin's creed 3. shit is ridiculously buggy on PC.

1. Do you have Zodiac tournament? That one's really cheesy and fun. One of the missions is infuriatingly difficult in terms of the amount of time your given to accomplish something.

2. AC3's bugs on PC make an already frustrating game less appealing to play. They seriously should have fixed so much of the problems months ago.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:27 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
stickyshooZ wrote:

That Wiegraf battle was a goddamn trap.

Yeaaaaaaah, not looking forward to that in this mod. I just beat Queklain and it was pretty tough. Not as hard as the damn swamp, but I game-overed once and was down to my last person when I won.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:21 pm 

Nahsil wrote:

Yeaaaaaaah, not looking forward to that in this mod. I just beat Queklain and it was pretty tough. Not as hard as the damn swamp, but I game-overed once and was down to my last person when I won.

What has been the hardest so far, aside from the swamp?

Exkretor wrote:

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:42 pm 

End of chapter 1 against Algus was a bitch. The wizards were doing over 100 damage with a new spell called Mjolnir. Took a few tries...Algus had auto-potion and either an axe in some instances or the normal crossbow. Speaking of axes, they now have a secondary ability that's triggered sometimes called decapitate and it is nuts, does a ton of damage. I never liked axes because of the randomness, don't enjoy doing 12 damage even though they do massive amounts other times, but decapitate adds extra incentive.

The worst thing is the damn negative status effects. I'm constantly being stopped/slowed/petrified/put to sleep/poisoned/blinded/confused/berserked/prevented from moving and acting/etc. Makes having several characters with item abilities (or skills like the monk's stigma magic) really important.

Also as a random site note, there's no more gained jp up skill. I don't miss it too much, adds challenge.

Another side note, Agrias's sword skills have awful chance to hit, routinely 40-60%. I'm not going to use her at all.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:52 pm 

Well, Agrias was one of the stronger champions once you're able to get her in your party, so maybe they're trying to make using her feel more like you're gambling a bit more. Though, she doesn't even come close to the overpoweredness of TG Cid.

Exkretor wrote:

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:49 am 

Yeah I won't be using Cid. Doubt I'll use any special characters except maybe Beowulf, who I've heard has been nerfed. Well, maybe Cloud! He's apparently been given more useful skills and doesn't start at level 1.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:10 pm 

If they made Cloud's skills not take 24 turns before they are actually used, that'd be pretty cool. That was always one of the shitty parts of getting Cloud on your team - along with the fact that you had to level him up and you couldn't use his limit breaks unless you went and obtained the Materia Blade. And Beouwulf is a cool character - almost like a oracle knight or something.

Exkretor wrote:

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:50 am 

The only video game cosplay that matters:
Spoiler: show
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:07 pm 

Playing through Mafia 2 for the first time. Pretty cool game. I was waiting for this one for what-- 7 years? Didn't bother to check it out 'til now.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:09 pm 

MARSDUDE wrote:
Playing through Mafia 2 for the first time. Pretty cool game. I was waiting for this one for what-- 7 years? Didn't bother to check it out 'til now.

From what I remember, that game was incredibly boring when driving around. The gunplay, however, ruled.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:19 pm 

They're all (GTA clones) pretty boring to drive around in.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:33 pm 

Dark Souls was probably my favorite game in the past few years and I'm a huge gamer. It's REALLY fucking hard and has amazing bosses and pvp

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:04 am 

BioShock Infinite is amazing. Army Of Two: The Devil's Cartel is an unfortunate mess. Tomb Raider is amazing. That is all.

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:19 am 

Bioshock Infinite wasn't that amazing at all, save for the visuals and story. Definitely not the second coming most of us were expecting.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 480, 481, 482, 483, 484, 485, 486 ... 940  Next