Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 135946
MUH BOTH SIDES!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:11 am 

Razakel wrote:
tl;dr - you're dumb for wanting to play the Demon's Souls remake because games like LEGO Hobbit are cheaper and more readily available.

"the Demon's Souls remake"

Really dude? That's the fight you want to have about it all?

Yeah, I really want to play the remake of a game so I'll buy a new piece of equipment at full price on launch to play that?

Haven't you seen the inanity of all this before?

It's exclusive to the console, but also so exclusive that even the console is exclusive, but now I'm mad because so many people paid for the exclusive console that they can't pump out enough exclusive consoles to play these exclusive games on my exclusive machine exclusively, but I need to be part of the multiplayer gaming that was promised so I can show I have a slightly different and unnoticeable badge on my bit of armor to show I bought the exclusive bit of a game that slightly differentiates me from the normal full-price payer that no sniper can see when he pops my head because I still suck at the game.

At what point did the word exclusive elude you? Or was it just a marketing tool to make you feel special for buying into one half of the market-share of the new console market in these "unprecedented times" that make you a hero for not going out and enjoying the entertainment system they sold you when you already were poised to stay at home anyway?

C'mon you can do better than that one to eviscerate my inane diatribe. A Final Fantasy or Halo remake is a dumb reason to buy a new console at full price too. What new games are on offer that aren't continuing a series?

Can you describe anything standalone and exclusive that's incredible and worth the $60 on top of the console price outside of the standard game universes already on offer?

What incredible newness do these consoles have without being versatile enough to swap out parts like PCs can that I haven't heard about? Really I haven't seen anything about the new Playstation or Xbox other than that they're new.

These latest entertainment boxes are tougher for me to get behind when you can buy a tower, learn your components, and swap out things like an engine with a little bit of Googling and eventually not only play the same games on it but also adapt the controllers onto them as well. Not just that, there are these things called emulators. Windows 10 killed so many of the games I loved for PC but also opened the door for so many games that I loved before but asking me to pay these companies for games I can already play on old consoles is idiotic. Sorry, I know how to keep something once in a while. That's why I'm working on a tower dedicated to being an offline gaming tower for just the PC games I loved as a teenager with a Win7 disc while I can still (if I want to spend some lesser money) play the games that a console and AAA price is asking now for a physical copy from nerdy sources.

Sorry I'm not with the times.

Fuck that. I'd rather work my tech out myself, not let a company tell me how to do it while ripping me off and calling me loyal for it.

Then again, I don't have kids so I can do that. People with kids are in a tougher situation. They have a harder go of it all because they need to keep a kid from feeding the VCR like it's the Cookie Monster like I did when I was a little one. (yeah, I'm old now)

These consoles are becoming PCs by the day without the component swapping simply because of how connected things are and how boxed those companies want their all-in-ones to be lest they lose money unless they hinge a generation of components on what they have now and make a new one on their notions of advancement without people actually making their own ways towards a better with the same box. As entertainment systems, I understand that consoles try their best to be able to do everything, but what they can't do is evolve. I think it's more likely those are more geared towards parents to give to their kids, families that can't find the time to have a geek work things out on a stationary machine when he's too busy with other things like a car, (sadly) hinge credit cards onto nowadays, but have passwords for the cards, and essentially become more advertising than gaming systems.

Yet now a car is as much a computer as a console. A console is becoming a computer. This is reaching a nexus point that I saw coming back in the early 2000s. Learn how to deal with components and stop using only soldered in components for a machine because at some point you'll realize that these things are tailor made for the stupid when they do all that the geeks behind a tower were doing all along. It's already shown itself in Steam where so many console games have become PC games as well. Yet the music and movies were always able to transcend those market spaces.

So fuck Playstation and Fuck Xbox. They're PCs with nothing but hindrances built in.

They're credit card machines with joysticks.

Think about that next time you pay for PSN or Xbox Gold.

Playstation used to have free online play on the PS2 until Microsoft started charging for online play.

It's not a "drink a verification can" situation yet with these dumbass consoles, but I'd rather keep behind the times they "lead" since it's more interesting to see the crazy happen and not be part of it all as though I'm worried I got ripped off by something that I didn't need in the first place. https://external-preview.redd.it/qRggs-k588dZAM2uBK3FH4xOih9LEaq0FCcZdkYm2uw.png?auto=webp&s=437dc136ba2ee6da358527bb368707ca2b375447

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:42 am 

I'do go even beyond: learn how to do reverse engineering and escape from the clench of capitalism by running Bloodborne II on a Game boy Color!

...I mean, i understand the criticism and myself i do buy games years late to take advantage of the massive drop in prices, but is really that necessary to build a wall of text to criticize if somebody wants to be a part of this moment and spend their money on something that makes them feel better and doesn't harm you?

~Guest 135946
MUH BOTH SIDES!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:58 am 

Morn Of Solace wrote:
I'do go even beyond: learn how to do reverse engineering and escape from the clench of capitalism by running Bloodborne II on a Game boy Color!

...I mean, i understand the criticism and myself i do buy games years late to take advantage of the massive drop in prices, but is really that necessary to build a wall of text to criticize if somebody wants to be a part of this moment and spend their money on something that makes them feel better and doesn't harm you?

I'm criticizing the trend more than anything. People are going to keep buying into the hype and all. It's just sad to see how easily it can be capitalized on. These latest consoles aren't the leaps like we saw in previous generations, but they'll definitely be profitable. It's just sad to see how much more people will be willing to shell out for bits along with the consoles and games to make their experiences especially when eighteen years ago my console could connect to the internet and play online for free and I can still use that console now.

Wall of text and all, ffs guys at least now would be a good time to have a lean Christmas rather than buy into the idea of "indulge because it's been tough" that advertising is going to push.

therealvivs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:56 am 

Morrigan wrote:
therealvivs wrote:
this is about to become pointless forum bickering about nonsense, so feel free to continue without me.

Bro you're the one who came into this thread to pick fights, and you have the nerve to act this condescending?

Obviously video games are a luxury. But this is a thread about video games. Coming in here to sneer at and lecture towards people who are bummed about not having something they were looking for is just being a sanctimonious dick. It's like if someone in a metal thread said they ordered a rare LP on ebay and didn't receive it and were bummed, going "yeah well some people are jobless, grow up" is just... nah, go away.

Fair enough. I get your point and I understand that some people might have thought I was coming in hot with a holier than thou attitude, and I can understand why. For that I'd like to apologize. It was not my intention. I admit it irked me the wrong way. But I don't mean to tell anyone what they should or should not be worried or bummed about, pandemic or not. Probably I sounded very harsh with my poor choice of words. I wanna say that I do get that feeling; I myself was a bit disappointed by all the Cyberpunk 2077 delays. I guess I just wanted to say that there is no need (in my opinion) to make a big deal out of it... it will be made available for all to enjoy soon enough. I tried to suggest someway of maybe making the wait less painful.

I also didn't mean to speculate whether people have jobs or hobbies or whatnot. I think this got misunderstood somehow. I meant that most people I know - me included - unfortunately are time poor due to those things. Yes, not everyone is employed, I am well aware, and yes not everyone has kids or a significant other. I'm not trying to be insensitive by clamming those things the norm and therefore that should be everyone's case. I was trying to illustrate how various factors in life contribute for a significant number of us adults not having much time to spend on video games. It probably doesn't apply to everyone, and to be honest I'm a little jealous of people with extra free time in their hands.

At any rate, I'm a fellow gamer and I'm sorry if I sounded like I was judging any of you. In my mind not getting the console on launch day isn't a big deal but that's just me. Others might feel different for a myriad of different reasons and I shouldn't come in guns blazing "attacking" others who don't see it that way.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:45 am 

Sure, no problem. We all make mistakes and sometimes on the Internet it's difficult to guess the tone of the conversation. I'm sorry if I come on (too) strong, I understood your message as something completely different.

I'm currently playing Valhalla. It's cool but nowhere wear as good as Odyssey. I wish the combat was more challenging because I kill enemies like they are made out of butter. Other than that and a few minor things I'd change I'm enjoying it so far. The atmosphere is on point.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:37 pm 

Razakel wrote:
tl;dr - you're dumb for wanting to play the Demon's Souls remake because games like LEGO Hobbit are cheaper and more readily available.

LOL, right. Thanks for saving me the trouble. Glad that inane troll went ahead and nuked his account, saves me even more energy from having to evict him myself.

therealvivs wrote:
At any rate, I'm a fellow gamer and I'm sorry if I sounded like I was judging any of you. In my mind not getting the console on launch day isn't a big deal but that's just me. Others might feel different for a myriad of different reasons and I shouldn't come in guns blazing "attacking" others who don't see it that way.

Appreciate the apology. :thumbsup: Cheers

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:11 am 

Having now logged 640 hours in Europa Universalis IV, and having gotten nowhere near 'completing' the game (in terms of Steam Achievements), I've been both happy and horrified to discover a modding scene that prides itself on making mods that create a harder and longer game. It's a modding scene actively supported by the developers too - a recent patch contained a fix to something that had broken one of the bigger mods.

I miss playing Total War games sometimes, for the real-time battle part of the game, but I think the map-campaign mode would feel very shallow by comparison with the Paradox version.

Obviously need to see if there's any game out there that mixes EU4-level strategic depth & Total War-type fun - anyone have any suggestions ?

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:12 am 

I'm happy to wait for a PS5 until I can just walk into a store and grab one. Yes scalpers are pieces of shit, and there's probably artificial scarcity going on to a degree (anyone who thinks Sony didn't watch Nintendo do it with those mini consoles and not get a couple of ideas is naive at best), but there are probably also legit tech supply issues as well with covid etc. I'm also gonna wait until they release it in black. Paying $700AUD to play Demon's Souls in 4k isn't my biggest priority lol.

LunarisIsDead
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:06 pm 

Turner wrote:
I'm happy to wait for a PS5 until I can just walk into a store and grab one. Yes scalpers are pieces of shit, and there's probably artificial scarcity going on to a degree (anyone who thinks Sony didn't watch Nintendo do it with those mini consoles and not get a couple of ideas is naive at best), but there are probably also legit tech supply issues as well with covid etc. I'm also gonna wait until they release it in black. Paying $700AUD to play Demon's Souls in 4k isn't my biggest priority lol.

I honestly think we should expect artificial scarcity to be an increasing problem in the videogame industry. Nintendo has leaned into it HARD and they've been rewarded for it. Of course not every company is going to be as anti-consumer as modern day Nintendo, but if something is profitable then we're going to see it continue. And I think we're seeing that now with the PS5.

HisZvironistOverlord
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:57 pm 

Anyone got the PS5? Does it still sound like a jet engine? Maybe it's just my PS4 that sounds like it's gonna blow up any second.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:42 pm 

HisZvironistOverlord wrote:
Anyone got the PS5? Does it still sound like a jet engine? Maybe it's just my PS4 that sounds like it's gonna blow up any second.

My PS4 sounds the same with the latest games too.

in_the_sign_of_metal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:05 pm 

I wouldn't call my self a "gamer" by any stretch of the imagination, but god damn is battlefront 2 (2005, cause there's no other battlefronts worth shit) a banger of a game. Been grinding that for years!

Oh and the LEGO games I saw mentioned here earlier are sick. Every one I've played has been amazing. Cause it's the same game over and over with different skins/abilities. Still though, good shit.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:28 pm 

Apparently a scalper has purchased 3,500 PS5's.

https://www.thegamer.com/scalper-group-3500-ps5s/

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:12 pm 

HisZvironistOverlord wrote:

Mine is very quiet. My PS4 pro was a jet engine, so this is a welcome change.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:43 am 

Has anyone picked up anything decent in the Steam autumn sale ?

I've gone for the below -

Invisible Inc. + expansion
Life is Strange
Tyranny
Master of Orion II
Orange Box (they have a mac version now for pennies, I still have my old Windows XP-era release on disc somewhere)

I've resisted buying further Paradox games as they're a bit tooooo addicting.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:40 am 

I was unfortunately broke as a joke through the whole sale. I did pick up Hotline Miami for $2. I've beat the game about a thousand times on PS4 but it just never gets old to me, and now I can play it without locking up our TV. Sometimes I put it on just to bop to the soundtrack I swear. Never did beat Hotline Miami 2. I hated the "scenes" where you were forced to play as a soldier with limited weapon options. Never could clear one of those levels and just sort of gave up on it.

Tanuki Sunset is a game I just learned about today, that comes out tomorrow, and I am jazzed on it. It looks very lowkey and relaxing with a dope synthwave soundtrack and killer aesthetics. Basically you're a Tanuki who wants to become renown for his long-boarding skills. It looks like a much less challenging version of Lonely Mountain: Downhill. God that game fucking kicked my ass, despite my love for it. Gonna check out the Tanuki Sunset demo after work today.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:32 am 

I finally decided to pre-order Cyberpunk. First reviews are coming in and the consensus seems to be that it lives up to the expectations but it's still pretty buggy (people who commented are playing the unpatched edition, it's apparently getting a huge patch the day it's released).

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:04 am 

It looks like an enjoyable time waster; I do like how the game is short in order to encourage replayability. However, I can scarcely believe how awful the combat looks, you're telling me they spent almost a decade on this to have gunplay that makes Fallout 4 look like Doom Eternal? Not impressed.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:37 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
Tanuki Sunset is a game

I got drunk + high and vibed to the demo for a few hours last night. It was nowhere near as easy as I expected but I got a "feel" for it and really started to enjoy experimenting with pushing my speed and time holding a drift. The full game came out today but it's more expensive than I was expecting at $14.99. May have to wait for a sale. But I AM very curious as the demo only had one course and still held my interest for quite a while.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:34 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
It looks like an enjoyable time waster; I do like how the game is short in order to encourage replayability. However, I can scarcely believe how awful the combat looks, you're telling me they spent almost a decade on this to have gunplay that makes Fallout 4 look like Doom Eternal? Not impressed.

Is it really? Last I heard they said it was "a bit shorter" than The Witcher 3 and I did 160 hours on my first playthrough on that one.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:10 pm 

Did you guys hear that fucking Tomb Mold has recorded an exclusive song for the Cyberpunk soundtrack? Same with Run the Jewels and a bunch of other artists. Shit's crazy.

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:31 pm 

darkeningday wrote:

Though I disagree that the gunplay looks as awful as you insinuate, this is pretty much on par with most of 'immersive sim' type games of the past. In games like Deus Ex, System Shock 2 and Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines, though the gunplay was pretty crappy, more important than making you feel like a killing machine were the systems in place whereby the gunplay improves as you progress the relevant skill. I imagine that Cyberpunk will have a similar design and fans of the games mentioned (myself included) will be more than pleased.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:26 pm 

Yeah, the combat on New Vegas and Skyrim isn't really good and I still played 300+ hours in both games. I don't think this looks worse than Fallout 4 so I'll probably be pleased in that department as well.

Reviews are starting to come in and they seem to agree it's a good game but still really buggy. I expect the huge patch that's coming on the release day will help with a lot of issues but I still think the game to be a bit rough around the edges for a few months. I'm not even mad about it, I don't really think there's a way to make a game this big without tons of bugs. Yes, of course they could be another whole year testing it and solving the issues but it's okay the way it is. The also have to make money form it.

Converge are on the soundtrack as well.

I pre installed it today btw. Does anyone what times does it lunch on Steam? I live in Europe and I haven't been able to find any info.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:21 pm 

My girlfriend bought me Cyberpunk on Steam, so I'm keen to start playing it tomorrow, or the day after...whatever the time zone tells me. Despite the bugs it should be a good game.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:13 am 

Is anyone else playing Empire of Sin? I have been playing it, but am just starting to get the mechanics down. I am finding that early on I need to make friends with all of the other crime bosses and build my empire. I seem to do better at the game doing that.

Bloodstone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:04 am 

Call of the Sea is really cool, recommened for fans of walking sim/puzzle games like Firewatch/Gone Home/What Remains of Edith Finch and the like. Slightly heavier on the puzzle element than those, but not hardcore on the level of The Witness. Nice 1930's adventure aesthetic, gorgeous cel-shaded graphics. Also free with XBox Game pass!

Starting on Cyberpunk 2077 later. PS4/Xbox One versions are looking pretty rough, even on a gameplay level as they're suffering bugs of their own aside from the already rough PC version. Hopefully they'll still provide a good enough experience, their install base is obviously still huge.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:22 am 

Yea, I'll probably give it a couple more days before I buy it, but I'm definitely getting it for the PS4.

I'll live if some "frame rates" dip.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:42 am 

Started Cyberpunk on base PS4 this morning. Not much to say so far. Graphics and framerates are good, it looks great, but then I'm still in a building, no action, no car chase, etc. I'll update once I've done more than talk to people in the tutorial, but I'm optimistic.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:44 am 

Similar experience with Cyberpunk here. I've played 3-4 hours PC and so far it's amazing. I'm running it on high setting and haven't seen any bugs yet but I haven't seen large populated areas yet, still doing the beginning. Tried Corpo and Street Kid, think I'll stick with Street Kid.

I'm not too worried about bugs and performance, they'll eventually get it right. Remember Skyrim? That one was heavily bugged too and turned out pretty great in the end. Same with The Witcher 3.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:48 am 

I'm not worried about any of these bug issues.

I think people are a lot more picky with things like that than I am.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:50 am 

Watch SkillUp's review. The bugs extend beyond the occasional t-pose.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:16 am 

There seems to be some confusion about which reviewer reviewed the game using which patch. I read someone who claimed 1.02 on PS corrected a lot of bugs. But the thing about bugs is that sometimes you won't get them. I know I didn't experience many bugs in Witcher 3, even early on. I remember Roach flying, a corpse still standing above the ground and rain inside a house, but over 60+ hours that's no too bad, and I played not long after release. As long as it's not game-breaking like PS3 Skyrim (every time you saved your save file became bigger and bigger and at soem point wouldn't load anymore... and I'm such a save scummer that I saved 5 times this morning during a 20 minute period!)

I'm not sure if I experienced a bug or if my half-woken up brained is making it up, but I swear I picked Corpo, but at the end of character creation it said "Street Kid". I started anew and got Corpo like I wanted. (Yeah, I'm a filthy Corpo, sue me.) I really can't say if it's a game bug or a me-bug! :D

Slightly off-topic, but one of my many movie channels showed Blade Runner yesterday. Way to get me hyped. Some knows what's up!

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:17 am 

Reading about Cyberpunk (I don't have the hardware to play it) - got me thinking - is what are essentially public betas for AAA titles necessary, these days, given how complex games have gotten in many regards ?

It's one thing to debug a game like Doom in-house, but one of these open world / open ended games that present the player with a million combinations of options ? I can see a bigger testing 'team' making ironing out issues much more efficient ?

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:42 pm 

I guess the issue is that development took a lot of time. And they announced it too fast, so people were expecting it. I'm not sure if it's the game being too ambitious for the studio, if they hit some issues or if it was badly managed, but I'm going to go ahead and say CDPR will lose a lot of goodwill on this one.

Incredibly, in addition to performance and bug issues, this version is one which had many promised features gutted (i.e. you rarely, if ever, even see your character, despite the in-depth character creation).

I know it's not the same guy working on these, but I feel maybe they should have had less "genital customization" guys and more "debugging" guys. I guess "genital customization" guy might be an artist who had spare time... still feels like they didn't focus on the proper things.

Anyway, I expect to get a PS5 at some point, sooner rather than later, so if it becomes too annoying I'll just wait, the game is compatible.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:40 pm 

I think games are just too big nowadays to expect a game of this caliber to be bug free. It's been what, 8 years in development? Another year might have killed the project financially speaking. Ideally big games would involve a lot of testing but they have to make some cash one way or the other and I'm not really sure after 8 years you can make ends meet.

I feel the problem is not that CDPR got too ambitious or it got badly managed (I honestly don't know) but rather a sum of a lot of issues. A global pandemic didn't help and the fact they had to develop this one for PC, two different XBOX models and three different PlayStations is just a ton of extra work. They were in a place where every decision would have been bad. They could have focused on just PC but that would have been a huge blow in sales. Or make it PC and new consoles exclusive but that isn't possible right now since PS5 and the new XBOX haven't been properly released right now.

So yeah, not a lot of options left. They released the game a month later, worked as hard as they could with the bugs and tried to please everyone.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:56 pm 

I can't imagine buying any piece of software the day it comes out and expecting a flawless experience. How often does that happen? Patches are always needed in the first few days, weeks, months, even a yeeaaaaar I'll be theeeeereee for youuuuu

What?

Being let down by a product after 8 years of hype is a different thing, though. I get that. Personally was never on the hype train for Cyberpunk cause it's just not really my kinda jam, but I could tell from watching trailers and early gameplay footage that it wasn't going to be able to deliver on the level of immersion it promised. At the end of the day, you gotta mitigate expectations and ground yourself in a bit of reality, I feel like. The only game that I am anticipating to be 100% gut-wrenchingly perfect is Silksong, and there will still be hella patches to fix bugs.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:37 am 

I "played" roughly 4 hours of Cyberpunk. Most of that was the tutorial and customising my character (genitals lol). I have only seen one bug where an NPC was floating in the air. Other than that I've seen a couple of spelling errors. Nothing too crazy yet but I've only really just started getting a handle on it.

I can see why this took hours for me to download, too. It looks insanely immersive.

I'm keen to start wasting my life on this as I go on.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:35 am 

Jonpo wrote:
I can't imagine buying any piece of software the day it comes out and expecting a flawless experience. How often does that happen? Patches are always needed in the first few days, weeks, months, even a yeeaaaaar I'll be theeeeereee for youuuuu

What?

Being let down by a product after 8 years of hype is a different thing, though. I get that. Personally was never on the hype train for Cyberpunk cause it's just not really my kinda jam, but I could tell from watching trailers and early gameplay footage that it wasn't going to be able to deliver on the level of immersion it promised. At the end of the day, you gotta mitigate expectations and ground yourself in a bit of reality, I feel like. The only game that I am anticipating to be 100% gut-wrenchingly perfect is Silksong, and there will still be hella patches to fix bugs.

I'm spoiled by my job :lol: - we have extended periods of UAT before any release, and then a full-dress release day on a non-production day to catch any differences generated between environments. A day 1 patch is totally, unthinkably disruptive.

For these games, the sales reach is millions globally these days ? A closed UAT group of 10,000-20,000 users shouldn't be unrealistic - imagine how much they could polish out if they did that ahead of a full release. It'd generate a tremendous amount of good will amongst the nerdier fanbase too.

Pipe dream, I know :lol:

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:40 am 

Played a bit more CP, until a crash, lol.

So the gunplay isn't super amazing, it's not something I expected to be the best part, but on Hard enemies were spongy. I switched to Normal but the fight ended before I could test.

Inside, it's decent. It feels like an overly ambitious AA game on PS4, more than the GOTY some expected. Outside it's a bit rougher. It's slower and blurrier. I guess I,ll spend more time inside buildings than out, lol.

Aside from the crash, I didn't run into too many bugs. My character's tits were hanging out of her t-shirt, some NPC lost his subtitles, and a few shadow glitches. Mostly the crash though, that's not encouraging. Loading times aren't too bad though, better than Witcher 3. When the game focuses on a few things at a time, it looks and runs decently well. The customization seems interesting.

As long as I don't run into any more crashes, I expect to have a decent good time. It just feels a bit underwhelming after 8 years, lol. The feedback when you hit enemies or are hit isn't amazing, I don't expect it to be better on other consoles (mayyyyyybe PS5 when the real PS5 version comes out and uses its fancy controller thingy). Aiming is bad for an FPS, like the devs never played an FPS with a controller. But ultimately the story, world and progression is where it's at. Witcher 3 didn't have the most exciting fights either and it was one of my all time favorite games.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:17 am 

Curious_dead wrote:
Played a bit more CP, until a crash, lol.

So the gunplay isn't super amazing, it's not something I expected to be the best part, but on Hard enemies were spongy. I switched to Normal but the fight ended before I could test.

Inside, it's decent. It feels like an overly ambitious AA game on PS4, more than the GOTY some expected. Outside it's a bit rougher. It's slower and blurrier. I guess I,ll spend more time inside buildings than out, lol.

Aside from the crash, I didn't run into too many bugs. My character's tits were hanging out of her t-shirt, some NPC lost his subtitles, and a few shadow glitches. Mostly the crash though, that's not encouraging. Loading times aren't too bad though, better than Witcher 3. When the game focuses on a few things at a time, it looks and runs decently well. The customization seems interesting.

As long as I don't run into any more crashes, I expect to have a decent good time. It just feels a bit underwhelming after 8 years, lol. The feedback when you hit enemies or are hit isn't amazing, I don't expect it to be better on other consoles (mayyyyyybe PS5 when the real PS5 version comes out and uses its fancy controller thingy). Aiming is bad for an FPS, like the devs never played an FPS with a controller. But ultimately the story, world and progression is where it's at. Witcher 3 didn't have the most exciting fights either and it was one of my all time favorite games.

When I saw CP, I thought you were talking about Club Penguin for a second :lol:

But yeah, CyberPunk wasn't that good of a game for my experience. Still waiting for the PS5 version to come out and fix the problems.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 902, 903, 904, 905, 906, 907, 908 ... 940  Next