Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:56 pm 

I'm pretty hyped for it, but I can't not hear it as "Do Me, Turtle" now.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:51 pm 

Razakel wrote:
Ugh. Doom Eternal delayed 4 months. Oh well, sure it'll be worth it.

Son of a bitch! I was so keen for this next month. I hope the delay means they fix whatever needs to be fixed. Super hyped for this.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:52 am 

failsafeman wrote:
I'm pretty hyped for it, but I can't not hear it as "Do Me, Turtle" now.

What Elaine Chao says once a year.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:38 pm 

Holy fuck, I just remembered that Outer Worlds is dropping in 16 days.

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:12 am 

Smoking_Gnu wrote:
Holy fuck, I just remembered that Outer Worlds is dropping in 16 days.

Oh shit, that's way sooner than I expected.

I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:17 pm 

I beat Remnant and started Code Vein. It's okay. Not much of a challenge. Anime Dark Souls is apt.

Bloodstone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:13 am 

Playing through Watch Dogs 2 on my new PC after platinuming it on PS4. One of the more overlooked AAA games of the generation, it did quite well critically, but didn't sell so well from what I've read. Ubisoft open world games definitely share too many gameplay mechanics in common, which does take me out of many of them, but this one I feel really stands out in many ways. The tools you're given to complete missions are just so fun to use - your drone, RC car and so much stuff to hack, remote control and play around with. Yes, you can use guns, but non-violent is clearly the way to go here, unlike in Watch Dogs 1 where there were scripted shootout sections where you didn't have a choice. It has a way better tone than the first game too - a bit too stupid/cheesy at times, but much preferrable to the boring gritty grim-darkness of WD1.

Also it looks STUNNING on PC - so immersive to just drive/walk around San Fransisco and be in the world. Playable enough on console, but no looker like a GTA5/Horizon Zero Dawn and also controls more sluggishly.

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:03 am 

Old game but Mount & Blade: Warband, which I just got for sale on Steam, has awesome combat. In many ways it's rather dated (which I don't particularly mind with my low-end PC, haha) but I like the creativity with the open world format.

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:39 am 

Picked up Borderlands 3 for the PS4.

I am playing it on a PS4 Pro, and I have the game set to prioritize performance, and it... still runs like shit. There are fun moments and my son is loving it (his first time playing a Borderlands game), but what the fuck is going on here? It runs like absolute fucking garbage. I thought the Pre-Sequel ran like a mess. That one was so bad on the X360, my ex and I quit playing it because the framerate drop literally made one boss fight impossible. At the time, I figured this was because Gearbox didn't actually make it, that it was farmed out to a different studio. But then Borderlands 3 is a technical shitpile, struggling to accomplish even the most basic elements.

That's not an exaggeration. Opening the menu is frequently met with a "can't open menu" message, and when it does open, it's painfully slow and laggy. It's as clunky as the menu system was in Fable II... or was it Fable III? One of those had a slow, cumbersome menu.

Badass rank is removed to a post-game thing rather like the after-game progression in Diablo III. That would've been fine if they'd always done it this way, but now it feels like artificially padding the end of the game while removing expected in-game elements. At least it's not DLC, but still.

We only just left Pandora, so I'm looking forward to seeing how other planets look compared to three previous games of a craggy desert world. Although if the game runs this poorly on a planet with nothing on it, I'm not exactly optimistic. Be nice if Randy Pitchford could stop being a complete fucking sleazebag for just long enough to make his game functionally solid.

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:09 am 

It runs fine on my regular PS4, best gameplay of the series IMO. The menu layout is fucking trash, agreed, but not being able to open it is because you're moving (yeah...annoying as hell).

Getting off Pandora is great. The game actually starts then.

darkeningday wrote:
I haven't saw any of the Seen movies.

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:38 am 

acid_bukkake wrote:
It runs fine on my regular PS4, best gameplay of the series IMO. The menu layout is fucking trash, agreed, but not being able to open it is because you're moving (yeah...annoying as hell).

Getting off Pandora is great. The game actually starts then.

I'm doing splitscreen with my son, so maybe that's adding to our lag woes and framerate drops.

Which, again, was not a problem in Borderlands 1 or 2.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:36 pm 

You guys up on this jam at all?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1122 ... _Festival/ (Gensokyo Night Festival)

This and Touhou: Luna Nights are at the top of my "to buy" list when I'm done being broker than a joker. The movement/speed/combat on Gensokyo Night Festival looks so crispy clean. Hoping not to be disappointed. This year has taught me a real lesson about getting my hopes up (Looking at you, Children of Morta).

I'm also cautiously optimistic about Outbuddies which just dropped, and I'm still looking for a "Zelda-like" that I can play without a Switch. I'm hoping "Trysaria" turns into something special but it's very early access right now.

Other stuff I'm eyeing and would welcome opinions on: Environmental Station Alpha, Aura of Worlds, Sprits Abyss, Hakoniwa Explorer Plus (I know...I know...but it looks fun! I think the lack of controller support would keep me from enjoying this one).

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:36 pm 

At the behest of my fiancé I'm playing Bloodborne again. Currently working on the Shadows of Yharnam. It took me FOREVER to open the shortcut so I've only faced them once and got bodied of course. I think my strategy was all wrong I was trying so hard to parry instead of just pure kiting.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:01 am 

I'm enjoying the AC Odyssey DLC (Fate of Atlantis), the new areas are cool, but man the storytelling is wack... there were some decent stories in the main game, but it feels like they hardly tried with Episode 2, and even Episode 1 had some weirdly inconsistent and nonsensical subplots. Episode 2 is in Hades and it feels like a tropey 90's JRPG lol.

Resident_Hazard wrote:
Picked up Borderlands 3 for the PS4.

I am playing it on a PS4 Pro, and I have the game set to prioritize performance, and it... still runs like shit. There are fun moments and my son is loving it (his first time playing a Borderlands game), but what the fuck is going on here? It runs like absolute fucking garbage. I thought the Pre-Sequel ran like a mess. That one was so bad on the X360, my ex and I quit playing it because the framerate drop literally made one boss fight impossible. At the time, I figured this was because Gearbox didn't actually make it, that it was farmed out to a different studio. But then Borderlands 3 is a technical shitpile, struggling to accomplish even the most basic elements.

That's not an exaggeration. Opening the menu is frequently met with a "can't open menu" message, and when it does open, it's painfully slow and laggy. It's as clunky as the menu system was in Fable II... or was it Fable III? One of those had a slow, cumbersome menu.

Badass rank is removed to a post-game thing rather like the after-game progression in Diablo III. That would've been fine if they'd always done it this way, but now it feels like artificially padding the end of the game while removing expected in-game elements. At least it's not DLC, but still.

We only just left Pandora, so I'm looking forward to seeing how other planets look compared to three previous games of a craggy desert world. Although if the game runs this poorly on a planet with nothing on it, I'm not exactly optimistic. Be nice if Randy Pitchford could stop being a complete fucking sleazebag for just long enough to make his game functionally solid.

I played Borderlands 1 and 2 on PC back then, but a friend wanted to coop with me on PS3, and we both had it free with PS+ so I gave it a shot.... I didn't last long lol. Sub-20 FPS most of the time and Sanctuary was a slideshow, and it was 720p too of course. Ick.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:33 am 

Jonpo wrote:
At the behest of my fiancé I'm playing Bloodborne again. Currently working on the Shadows of Yharnam. It took me FOREVER to open the shortcut so I've only faced them once and got bodied of course. I think my strategy was all wrong I was trying so hard to parry instead of just pure kiting.

I dislike a lot that fight just for the grueling run up :(
Parryng the katana guy and running away is not a bad strategy, just be careful to finish him quickly during the second phase

I still play a little Bloodborne for the chalice dungeons: the fully nourishing gemmed moonlight gs gives too much satisfaction

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:38 am 

Borderlands 3 was pretty excellent in certain respects. It's stunning how refreshing it is to get the bare minimum nowadays, that being a fully complete game with tons of shit to do. There's a lot of content and it's the same relentless addiction machine as the previous games, it's just wild to actually not have to pay for all of it. It's fun getting loot like always, it's fun to play around with your build (I played Amara and focused on the red tree), I had a lot of fun with it. There's one big reveal in the story that I think actually worked really well and some of the environments (especially Carnivora) were cool.

But there are definitely problems with it. I didn't have any real performance issues but 1) I play exclusively solo so I'm not experiencing the lag everybody is complaining about, and 2) I don't really care about buttery smooth framerates. The story and writing is miles worse than BL2 as well. I understand that Handsome Jack was one of the best villains in recent memory when it comes to videogames and nobody was going to top him, but the Calypso Twins straight up fucking sucked. A lot of the major plot points don't really make sense or felt super cheap and unearned, and I have a lot of ideas on how to improve the story as a whole. Leaving Pandora is cool in theory but it just feels like a "okay here's the swamp level, now here's the city level" type of thing. We had varied environments in 2 and TPS already so it's basically the same thing we already had except now separated by a hubworld. There are still some awful bugs and broken skills like apparently half of Zane's skills and nearly all of Amara's blue tree.

My biggest complaint was simply that the balancing was fucking awful at times. I don't know if it was bad gear/luck on my part but some of the boss fights were just exercises in controller snapping frustration. I almost ragequit against Killavolt, Katagawa Ball, and The Rampager, and I actually did have to put the game down for a few days after meeting Billy the Anointed. He's the biggest bullshit boss I've fought in eons, and the only reason I even wound up winning is because after losing damn near all of my money on respawns, his AI shit the bed and he just stood in one place and refused to move. After Billy though? I only died once against Pain and Terror and maybe two or three times in the final area, and then never even went down during another boss (including the final one).

I complain a lot because I'm a complainer, but overall it was fun. 7/10.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:55 am 

I'd give it around the same rank, but I'll say that I enjoy the Calypso Twins as villains and I think Killavolt was a breeze. I'm also cheesing it hardcore with Moze by quickly maxing out the option that kills reduce skill cooldown, so popping in/out of a mech during boss fights has been extremely helpful.

darkeningday wrote:
I haven't saw any of the Seen movies.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:52 am 

BastardHead wrote:
Borderlands 3

Man, couldn't have summarized it better myself. I haven't even had that much trouble with the bosses (Sentinel Zane=hilariously awesome), but - is it just me or are a lot of them super-bullet spongey? I got Billy down in two tries, but after a while I got kind of bored with bunny hopping around while unloading clip after clip and waiting for my skill to respawn (same with the Grave Warden, yeesh). It's been a minute since I played BL2, but I don't really remember anything like that there.

Other random nitpick - I'm not sure how I feel about all the vending machines having blue/purple items basically from the start. On one hand, the constant access to great weapons sort of fits the game's climactic tone. On the other hand, BL2 gave you a great sense of progression when you'd scrape up to that first blue weapon a few hours in and obsessively treasure anything like that for a quite a while. Now that sense of accomplishment is missing...but on the other hand, having loot that good right away is stupid fun.

I guess I feel about it like I do Dark Souls 2 - A lesser Borderlands game is still an excellent game on the whole, but the shadow of its basically-perfect predecessor makes its shortcomings all the more noticeable.

PS - Apparently the stupid part of the Killavolt fight where he electrifies the whole floor was actually a bug and he was supposed to have a safe zone immediately around him during that move. :lol:

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:47 am 

Billy was in theory a cool boss. Part of the reason I struggled at first is because you have basically no advantage in the room he spawns in, but once I realized that the intention was that you were supposed to lure him out, it was a bit more fun (before I got mega pissed again). Kiting an insanely aggro goliath throughout the whole level is actually a pretty cool idea, but it practice it was just fucking awful. Unbelievable bullet sponge that spams difficult to avoid AoE shockwaves that wipe the best shields in one hit, launches like a dozen explosive projectiles at a time, fucking constantly does the "nothing personnel, kid" and teleports behind you and cranks out that shockwave the instant he materializes, and the mooks that are ostensibly supposed to be fodder for when you're down in FFYL mode flat out stop spawning after one or two tries and two of them are Badasses. I try not to accuse games of being cheap or unfair, but Billy was cheap and unfair as FUCK. I hear he even follows you off the planet if you fast travel away, and that's fucking batshit.

And yeah I noticed some of the bosses were insane bullet sponges, but I've always played Siren with an elemental DPS setup (love the rainbow fountain of damage as I spray with an SMG) so bullet sponges were almost always a problem for me in every game, but I will say that the mooks themselves weren't as bad as BL2. I swear near the endgame every single enemy in BL2 took me a full two clips to finish off. Some of the bosses in this one took forever to kill, Graveward especially. That said, I never really struggled with the super spongey bosses in BL3 simply because of Chadd's Pistol. I abused the fuck out of that weapon. An incendiary pistol with a fire rate comparable to an SMG with x4 damage that never consumes ammo? Fuck yeah, as long as my aim was decent I was able to use that and only that to clear like 80% of the game after I got it. Especially since it was incendiary and I was built to amplify elemental damage, and this game had way less shielded/armored enemies than the last two so you could pretty reliably take out everything the game threw at you with no penalty. I really don't think I would've have beaten any of the bosses (besides Billy) as easily as I did without it.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:14 pm 

I'm almost through Code Vein. I'll probably get The Surge 2 next. I still need to play Blasphemous and Bloodstained.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:57 pm 

MaleficDevilry wrote:
I still need to play Blasphemous...

I wish you would! :lol:

I'm excited to hear some opinions from you guys. Its 20 bucks on PS4 right now. Almost bought it today but I got drunk and played Nuclear Throne more instead.

Skillet
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:41 pm 

I'm playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey on my new 1060 graphics card. I have long dreamed of playing many new games, but I was able to afford a new computer just now.

Bloodstone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:25 am 

Skillet wrote:
I'm playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey on my new 1060 graphics card. I have long dreamed of playing many new games, but I was able to afford a new computer just now.

I really want to try it on PC myself, as PS4 really struggles with the game to the point of the controls being negatively affected. When I played through it, during combat in forts where there are tons of enemies the frame rate would occasionally dip to literal slideshow levels (I mean one frame every five seconds) for a couple of minutes at a time before returning to at least being playable. That was of course a bug and may have been patched since, but the sluggish feeling overall was always there for me. This is not just from a PC master race kind of perspective, by the way; comparable titles like Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War 2018 I find look and play fantastic on PS4, and I got a gaming PC just a month ago.

I have tons of little complaints about AC Odyssey (I'm a gamer after all ;) ), but it does say a lot that I ended up spending 100 hours on it, getting all three endings (never touched any DLC though). Always playable, fun and absolutely masterful at keeping you busy.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:53 pm 

I just started the 3rd episode of the 2nd DLC of AC Odyssey actually. Never had the framerate problems you mention Bloodstone, but I'm playing on the Pro. Loading times are kind of shit at times though.

I'm getting a bit fatigued. The Atlantis DLC had absolute garbage writing in the quests and it kind of soured me. The gameplay loop is still all right and the new environments are nice though (Atlantis is breath taking, not gonna lie), and I enjoyed the final boss of Episode 2. But I'm looking forward to kind of just being done with it and not touching AssCreed for a long-ass time.

I'm still mad at how bad the writing was in the DLCs. The main game wasn't some masterpiece or anything, but it was much, much better.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:17 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Borderlands 3

But there are definitely problems with it. I didn't have any real performance issues but 1) I play exclusively solo so I'm not experiencing the lag everybody is complaining about, and 2) I don't really care about buttery smooth framerates. The story and writing is miles worse than BL2 as well. I understand that Handsome Jack was one of the best villains in recent memory when it comes to videogames and nobody was going to top him, but the Calypso Twins straight up fucking sucked. A lot of the major plot points don't really make sense or felt super cheap and unearned, and I have a lot of ideas on how to improve the story as a whole. Leaving Pandora is cool in theory but it just feels like a "okay here's the swamp level, now here's the city level" type of thing. We had varied environments in 2 and TPS already so it's basically the same thing we already had except now separated by a hubworld. There are still some awful bugs and broken skills like apparently half of Zane's skills and nearly all of Amara's blue tree.

My biggest complaint was simply that the balancing was fucking awful at times. I don't know if it was bad gear/luck on my part but some of the boss fights were just exercises in controller snapping frustration. I almost ragequit against Killavolt, Katagawa Ball, and The Rampager, and I actually did have to put the game down for a few days after meeting Billy the Anointed. He's the biggest bullshit boss I've fought in eons, and the only reason I even wound up winning is because after losing damn near all of my money on respawns, his AI shit the bed and he just stood in one place and refused to move. After Billy though? I only died once against Pain and Terror and maybe two or three times in the final area, and then never even went down during another boss (including the final one).

I complain a lot because I'm a complainer, but overall it was fun. 7/10.

I'm playing it with my son, on the PS4 Pro, with it set to performance over resolution. It still runs like shit. Either of us opening the menu causes framerates to plummet, and the menu itself is a pain in the ass to navigate.

We're having fun, but these frustrations are annoying.

The Calypso Twins suck, and few characters seem particularly memorable. We're not very far in, however. We haven't met Billy yet, but I have found very little challenge awaiting us. I'm using Moze and my son is using FL4K. Moze utterly decimates the battlefield and by the time I have to exit the Bear, most of the hard stuff is over. I've defeated bosses by just standing in front of them and burying in them in grenades and pummeling with the minigun. Our characters feel overpowered already, and we're only about level 15.

My son is loving it. The game is decent, but there are such odd glaring flaws. Extra steps to activating the Golden Keys was just annoying. The lack of Badass Rank on a first playthrough is aggravating. It's like taking out a part of the game and locking it behind a flimsy excuse to force people to play again. Sigh. It's like Fable III. There are quite a few changes, but not all of them are for the better, and many are worse, and the game itself seems overall weaker than the previous entry.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:03 pm 

The Outer Worlds is tight as fuck and I will be spending an unhealthy amount of time on this for the next month or two. Highly recommend anyone that was even a little bit into Bethesda Fallout games to give this a shot, as it's probably better than those titles in every imaginable way.

Bloodstone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:08 pm 

rexxz wrote:
The Outer Worlds is tight as fuck and I will be spending an unhealthy amount of time on this for the next month or two. Highly recommend anyone that was even a little bit into Bethesda Fallout games to give this a shot, as it's probably better than those titles in every imaginable way.

I recently got three months of free XBox Live for PC, in which this game is included. Guess I have no excuse not to try this one, even if I did always lean to the old 2D Fallouts. But then I never did play New Vegas which everyone says is the best one and this game is by the same devs.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:06 pm 

Mark of the Ninja: Remastered is as good as every one says. Super satisfying stealth kills and fairly crispy controls considering they make you use the analog stick.

Love playing with the different tools. Its been a fun, relatively relaxing break from trying to beat NKG. I'm so fucking tired of hearing the first 25 seconds of his song.

Edit: OMFG MARK OF THE NINJA HYPE -- I just experienced one of my favorite video game moments of all time. Playing as the less lethal mentor character. Knock a guard unconscious, hang his dumb snoozing ass from the rafters and upon discovering his limp body a conscious guard became terrified and panic-shot him dead. I. AM. IN. LOVE.

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:05 am 

NKG was a literal nightmare for me. I finally beat him, but I'm still stuck on the Pantheon. :lol:

Regular Grimm is child's play now...

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:29 am 

NKG was fucking brutal, although by the time I finally beat him I had memorized the fight so well that it was sort of fun. One of those fights that you just can't walk away from even though it's tearing your soul apart. Same with Trial of the Fool, which seemed impossible at first, but actually isn't that bad once you've memorized it inside and out.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:56 am 

Yeah, I haven't even begun to "test him" yet. I'm just trying to learn the patterns. The most frustrating thing for me is that his music FUCKING RULES but I only end up getting to hear about 30-40 seconds of it if I'm lucky. So I have to eventually turn off the in-game music and put on something that I can groove with while I practice.

I'll get him though. I actually haven't completed Trial of the Fool yet I know it'll be a cake walk after NKG. I always do fine until the end when they take the floor away completely. I hit panic mode cause I can't heal.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:03 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
I always do fine until the end when they take the floor away completely. I hit panic mode cause I can't heal.

That part is panic-inducing for sure, but you just gotta know how to handle it. I think most people assume you need to nail hop on all the enemies and hardly hug the walls at all, but it's really the opposite. That's when Great Slash is absolutely essential, because it allows you to take out most of those enemies in one hit with a charged up attack. I can't remember if you need fragile/unbreakable strength equipped too, but you should definitely have it equipped anyway. Nailmaster's Glory is very useful as well, since it lets you charge up great slash in like half the time. Just hug the walls, charge up great slash and take out an enemy, hug another wall. Nail hop if you have to, and definitely have at least Mark of Pride equipped (if not Mark of Pride plus Longnail) to make nail hopping a thousand times safer. It isn't easy, but it's doable. Oh, and also, that isn't the end... :lol:

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:13 pm 

Hahah okay fair enough, not the "end" just the furthest I've made it. I'm hoping the one homie that you kept meeting at the benches is the final "boss" of the Trial. I can't remember his name because I took a HUGE break from the game. My to-do list: Defeat the Radiance, defeat NKG, defeat Trial of the Fool. Not in that order necessarily. Other than that I'm not too concerned with like "completing" it or anything. I've just had the itch to start playing again recently and couldn't deny it.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:00 pm 

Has anybody here played "Life is Feudal"? How good is it?

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:18 am 

A reviewer compared Blasphemous to Hollow Knight. Big praise. I'm finally diving in tonight.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:34 pm 

rexxz wrote:

Disco Elysium >>>>>>>>>>>>> TOW
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Bloodstone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:02 pm 

Having a grand old time with The Outer Worlds. Can't imagine how you wouldn't be into this game if you like the 3D Fallouts/Elder Scrolls stuff. Like a more polished and more solid feeling (and less buggy) version of that, and like those games, the world building and writing is just fantastic. Love going around just taking in the world, meeting new characters and hearing their stories.

My only gripe is that I've never gotten on with the combat in these Bethesda-style games, they all feel messy and weird to control. Playing the game as pacifist as I can for that reason.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:07 pm 

3D Fallouts and Elder Scrolls have fantastic writing? :|

Maybe New Vegas...

I am looking forward to giving TOW a shot though.
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:39 pm 

Play Disco Elysium first plz. It's honestly the most exciting game I've played in a longass time, probably since Dragonfall.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:50 pm 

Nahsil wrote:
3D Fallouts and Elder Scrolls have fantastic writing? :|

Maybe New Vegas...

I am looking forward to giving TOW a shot though.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind has great writing. Can't speak for the other ones myself, but I've heard from other people that both Oblivion and Skyrim were a step down in the writing department.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 880, 881, 882, 883, 884, 885, 886 ... 940  Next