Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
CoconutBackwards
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:53 pm 

I bought Zelda: Breath of the Wild over the weekend and I can see this taking over my life for the forseeable future.

So far I'm really enjoying it. My only gripe so far is the weapons constantly breaking. It makes me want to not use any weapon other than the garbage ones I find after killing enemies. I can see myself hoarding weapons and never using the good ones.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

GTog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:29 pm 

They thought of that. You can only carry so many of a certain type. Also, the shitty weapons do shitty damage, so against tougher enemies you will have no choice but to break your cooler weapons. It's like the designers went out of their way to make it annoying as fuck.

For me, Breath of the Wild was the anti-Zelda. Not fun, not interesting, contains no gameplay elements that have always been staples of the Zelda franchise. I put it down after I spent 20 hours on it, and realized that 18 of them had been spent simply walking from one place to another.

CoconutBackwards
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:11 pm 

Wow. It's nice to hear some counterpoints to this game.

Everything I've read online since this game was released has called it nothing less than perfect.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:13 pm 

It isn't perfect, but it's still the best open world game I've played. Really hoping they turn out a sequel relatively quickly using the same engine, sort of like what they did with Majora's Mask after Ocarina of Time.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:27 pm 

BotW is amazing. As to weapons, as you go on you end up finding no end of great weapons, so the whole "hoarding good ones while using shitty ones" becomes a non-issue. Instead it becomes "okay I have exactly 10 awesome weapons and I can hold exactly 10, everything is fine OH FUCK I FOUND ANOTHER ONE WHAT DO I DROP"

GTog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:35 pm 

Unfortunately, Nintendo has already announced that they intend to go all-in on the "open world" aspect. They cite the glowing reviews, which we all know game studios simply buy, to retroactively justify what they were going to do anyway.

Open world provides the illusion of a big game, that's all. It looks glorious on advertising, where they can claim it offers over 300 hours of gameplay. Technically true, if you a) do literally every shrine, quest, and side quest in no particular order, and b) consider 270 hours of walking around to be gameplay. They want you to enjoy the grands vistas is all. The whole thing's just a big billboard for their future scope, with a little bit of video game thrown in.

Now, that said, if they do produce another great big open world Zelda game, only this time with, y'know, some game in it, I will be thrilled. For christ's sake though, stop shoehorning in useless mocap bullshit everywhere. There's never been a game in the history of ever that needed motion capture for any reason.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:43 pm 

Man, was Nintendo supposed to pay me to tell people I loved the game? Here I was doing it for free because I actually loved the game, like a chump.

tahu157
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:48 pm 

The only real complaint I had with BotW was the lack of massive dungeons in favor of the shrines.

Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:18 am 

Dead Cells finally clicked last night. And by "clicked" I mean the game took mercy on me and started me off with the "frost blast" instead of a starter bow. Wow, that's a fucking game changer! Through abuse of the frost blast and traps, I made it to my first boss pretty easily. I was BODYING him, and as soon as I said the words to my girlfriend "Why is this the easiest mob in the game?" he flipped into what I guess is a 2nd or 3rd phase and DESTROYED me in like 2 hits.

I love this game. The combat really is edge-of-your-seat action, the pixel art is beautiful, there's a sense of humor I never expected...and most of all you want to start a new run the second you die. It's funny that I was once debating whether Dead Cells or Death's Gambit is more worth my money....pfffft.

CoconutBackwards
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:59 pm 

^ I have been playing the shit out of Dead Cells and it's one of the more unforgiving games I've played in awhile. I don't know what I think about the random nature of weapon drops. Sometimes I hate it when the game starts me off with some shitty bow and the stupid shoes, but other times you kill a random enemy and he'll drop some way overpowered weapon in the first level.

The deaths are merciless. Losing everything you worked to build can be frustrating, but at the same time I can't stop once I start. The lust for some awesome weapon keeps me going.

Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:27 pm 

That's interesting! It feels far less punishing/frustrating to me than a game like Nuclear Throne or Enter the Gungeon. I haven't played a lot of other roguelikes aside from Risk of Rain which I adore. Since you earn/spend cells each "run", I feel like I'm still unlocking things even when I die. For instance, I'm still 200-something cells away from my 3rd healing flask, so each run is an opportunity to at least dump some points into that for the first couple levels, even if I end up getting clapped.

I'm going to beat that first boss tonight. He was so easy with the frost blast I swear! Right up until he killed me, lol.

CoconutBackwards
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:13 pm 

You do make progress with the cells, but at the same time you aren't making any progress in levels with all the deaths.

I don't know. It's just frustrating to have to keep building your state level over and over after every death.

I read a lot of people saying you need to focus on one stat and build that specifically, but if I don't spread them out my shit is fucked. I get slaughtered without a high level of hit points.

Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:23 pm 

Oh yeah I hear you, didn't mean to discount what you said at all. It is definitely frustrating to die. I just feel like it's tempered a bit by making SOME progress on unlocking items or health or whatever.

This is the first game I've played where the levels being "randomly generated" seems to be a plus. Playing through that first level is a joy because everyone dies SO EASILY and you just run around feeling like a god, or at least I do lol. I could have swore I read/heard somewhere that every time you use a "power upgrade" or whatever to raise your stats/health that the enemies also get much tougher. Is that confirmed or am I tripping? It feels like it must be true, or you would run over the game. Leaves some interesting room for tactics as far as when to, and when to NOT, upgrade.

It's a beautiful game and I'm psyched to play more and more of it. My favorite weapons so far are the balanced blade for super quick swipes, the frost blast of course, and I love the wolf traps/sinew slicers. It's also fun to find grenades that do +175% damage to frozen targets when you're running around with the frost blast.

Those sandals are fucking useless I was outraged that it took the same slot as my sword hahahah

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:55 am 

Dead Cells is great, been playing it since way back in the early access. I've gotten all the way through it on normal but shit gets crazy on harder difficulties. The final boss is also a fuckin bitch even with great items, just hits crazy hard and super fast, plus since he's, y'know, the last boss, you don't get many attempts at him. Personally I always go 100% brutality, you kill shit super fast and if you're good at dodging you shouldn't really ever get hit except by bosses or the occasional mistake. Support can be great too, but it gets kinda dependent on level layouts and sucks at burst.

Once you start unlocking more and more of the weapons you'll start to really appreciate the game. The diversity is crazy, especially when you factor in all the modifiers and possible interactions. Your dick will grow three sizes the day you find an oiled blade that does 200% bonus damage to burning enemies.

CoconutBackwards
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:55 am 

Quote:
Your dick will grow three sizes the day you find an oiled blade that does 200% bonus damage to burning enemies.

Lol.

My dick is too small to have really appreciated the oiled blade so far.

So, you have been putting all your stats into brutality and are able to make it into later levels? I guess I'm just shit at dodging. I generally go the Ossuary route and end up dying on that map tons of times. I can't even imagine how fast my shit would be dead if I was putting nothing into Support.

Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:12 pm 

Two more runs, two more attempts at the Concierge (lol) last night, and I still couldn't win. I think I get too obsessed with damage output in his earlier phase. By the time he gets serious I'm just mindlessly spamming traps, ice blasts, and slashing away. I can tell he's not a difficult boss, but it does make things interesting that you can't try again right away when you die to him.

Getting a random piece of insane gear is so fun. I got some shit last night like "Frost Blast L-III" the stats on it had me weak in the knees. I KNEW it was the last piece I needed to defeat my first little baby boss...but no.

CoconutBackwards
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:38 pm 

Yea, I had the same kind of experience with The Concierge, but you'll beat him pretty regularly soon.

I found the best way with bosses is two have either two double crossb-o-matics, two sinew slicers, or a mixture of the two, so there is something constantly firing at him. I know you said you like the wolf trap, but I get rid of that thing the second I see it. This also means I'm dumping points into the tactics stat, so the turrets do damage.

Again, I still can't understand at this point, how anyone can get anywhere in this game without consistently putting points in all three stats.

That rare frost blast you got last night is why I love this game so much. Those drops are rare, but holy SHIT do I ever love that little sound it makes when you get one and how overpowered they can be. Especially, if you happen to get one on the first map.

Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:22 pm 

Oh yeah I always have at least one trap dealing damage on him. I had a Wolf Trap IV that would hold him in place and allow for huge damage bonuses while myself and the other trap go nuts. I do think changing it up for 2 traps that each deal damage simultaneously would be a good approach. In general I just try to find SOME synergy in my options.

I also tend to upgrade everything. I focus on skill (purple) items first because I like to use/abuse long range weapons and traps. But eventually I start using them all just for the health upgrades. I haven't developed anything resembling a strategy yet lol.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:15 pm 

By far the #1 thing with the Concierge is to be able to reflexively roll under the leap attack he gets in his last phase. It's tough because you also need to reflexively jump over the shockwave he throws earlier, and if you jump when you should roll or roll when you should jump, you eat serious shit. But the shockwave does way less damage than the leap attack, especially since he'll often follow up the leap with a normal melee swing. If you're at higher health (over 1/2 I think), you can't get 1-shot. However, it will take you to 1, and then any other hit from anything will kill you, so throughout the game you really have to be wary of those 1-2 combos. That's why Slashers are so fucking dangerous.

Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:36 pm 

I was trying to duck under instead of roll lol. I'm a genius.

Asked my girl "What do you feel like watching?" And her answer, to my surprise, was "You, playing Dark Souls or Bloodborne". Well then!

Sooooo I picked back up on SOTFS which you might remember was my first Souls game ever. I stalled out unsure where to go after defeating Freiyja or whatever her fucking name is. Apparently I missed the giant hole in the wall...

Few hours later and I've rampaged through Earthen Peak and opened up the Iron Keep. Holy shit I forgot how much fun it is reaching new areas. Apparently Iron Keep contains the last Primal Bonfire I needed. Had a few silly deaths after Smelter Demon so I'm taking a little break before the big guy. What a game...it's clunky and awkward where combat is concerned but the levels get my blood pumping and I'm so attached to my shitty character. It probably helps that I'm way overleveled (123) for the area.

Last edited by Jonpo on Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
CoconutBackwards
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:44 am 

I put in a bunch of hours on Dead Cells this weekend and accomplished sweet fuck all. I made it to High Peak Castle a couple times and got my ass handed to me. It's real fucking frustrating getting that far and losing 60+ cells and 20 K gold.

Actually, the most frustrating part is losing the rare weapons I've accumulated by that time. I guess they aren't shit though, because I'm still getting my ass kicked with them.

Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:33 am 

That SOUNDS frustrating. I really can't imagine, because I've never made it even close to that far. I guess it helps that I go into most games expecting to fail, a bunch. Because I'm bad at video games. Roguelikes have a special place though, where frustration is concerned. Thankfully I'm still playing the game more for fun than "progression". It's all just practice, right now.

Any y'all into fighting games? I posted about Brawlhalla a while back, and I'm more addicted/committed than ever. Have started playing ranked matches recently. But what I want to ask about is Dragon Ball Fighter Z. I haven't watched the show since I was a child, but the LOOK of this game, coupled with how fast the action is, really appeals to me. I was wondering if any of you play it? To me, it looks like the kind of game where it's only fun if you're good. I've watched some matches where it seems like people never even land a hit against their opponent.

CoconutBackwards
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:13 pm 

I played some Brawlhalla, but it felt too much like Smash Brothers, so I'm just playing Smash Brothers instead.

I've never had much interest in any DBZ fighting games.

Last year I decided to give Injustice 2 a try (mostly, because there was a TMNT add-on) and I learned that fighting games are now WAY too complex for me.

Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:40 pm 

I remember you saying that! I was disappointed but understand completely. I've never played Smash but here are some differences as I understand it: Brawlhalla offers WAY more jumps and recoveries to get back to stage, as well as "wall shenanigans" where you can hang onto the edge of the stage and continue fighting, the biggest difference would be speed of movement/attacks and dodge mechanics. The spot-dodge and grounded dodging mechanics both have an ALARMINGLY fast refresh rate, which makes dodging and punishing missed attacks the whole point of the game. From what I've seen of Smash Ultimate, it's a lot slower paced with more methodical attacking and more traditional "blocking" mechanics. Brawlhalla is basically Smash on meth. It's so fast. It's so fast you can make an opponent whiff their attack and they STILL might dodge your counter.

You been digging Smash? I will 100% try it if/when I get a Switch.

I had a sick DBZ fighting game for Playstation 1. I had to use some kind of weird disc to trick my US-playstation into playing a Japanese game. I couldn't read any of the text or follow much of the storyline but the fighting was SUPER fast and intense, and the graphics ruled so hard.

CoconutBackwards
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:52 pm 

To be honest, after making that statement about Smash Bros Ultimate I remembered how fucking awful the online is. Playing people online in Smash Brothers seems like an obvious necessity, but it's almost impossible as it stands now. Games freeze five seconds almost every match that I was in. There's no way to challenge a friend to a fight online. You have to co-op. Once you fight someone online you cannot rematch them with a different character. You have to stick with that character, or you find a new opponent. With a game that has somewhere around 70 different characters, you'd think they'd want you to be switching around.

Brawlhalla had none of those issues. Maybe, you shouldn't bother with Smash Brothers :)

Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:03 pm 

Uhhhhh, jesus fucking Christ! That's on the BRAND NEW one? That's insane! No wonder people talk about live tournaments being the only thing that matters in Smash.

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:46 pm 

No, that's not really why. In a game where you're making reads and punishing moves that are negative on block for just a few frames, local play is important. Even games with a rollback netcode aren't completely free of tactics that only work because of online bullshit.

Of course, that doesn't excuse Smash's online being hot trash, or anything Nintendo does with netplay in general.

CoconutBackwards
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:28 am 

Adriankat wrote:
No, that's not really why. In a game where you're making reads and punishing moves that are negative on block for just a few frames, local play is important. Even games with a rollback netcode aren't completely free of tactics that only work because of online bullshit.

Of course, that doesn't excuse Smash's online being hot trash, or anything Nintendo does with netplay in general.

A lot of what you said went over my head, but why does Brawlhalla work on PS4/XBone? It all comes down to Nintendo's online just being shit, correct?

Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:15 am 

I guess it only "works" by comparison. All the major (IE biggest money) Brawlhalla tournaments are still based around live play. Smash Ultimate looks boring to me, and I wish that weren't the case.

I tried to grind some souls on SOTFS last night just because I really enjoy killing all the Alonne Knights I can find. I was listening to music and strapping in for a very casual session...got invaded and slaughtered immediately. I spent the entire invasion healing and trying to figure out if it was a real person or not, which is pretty comical when you consider I've had the game for 2 years and my character is almost level 130. I'm still basically a big fucking toddler walking around in armor.

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:10 pm 

Do other Dark Souls players 'gamble' with the amount of souls they can collect before leveling up? I played through DS3 this weekend and never leveled up until all bosses (including DLC) were killed, and then I banked in all the collectible souls and boss souls to max it as much as I could (it was NG+2).

Over 10,000,000 souls. I leveled up my character 34 times. :lol: I'm going to try this with the other games and push the boundary.

On a side note, is there a bigger pain in the ass than Darkeater Midir? That's the one fight in the whole series that I completely dread from head to toe.

Thrashpit
Last FM

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:41 pm 

GuntherTheUndying wrote:
Do other Dark Souls players 'gamble' with the amount of souls they can collect before leveling up? I played through DS3 this weekend and never leveled up until all bosses (including DLC) were killed, and then I banked in all the collectible souls and boss souls to max it as much as I could (it was NG+2).

Over 10,000,000 souls. I leveled up my character 34 times. :lol: I'm going to try this with the other games and push the boundary.

O_o Why....

Quote:
On a side note, is there a bigger pain in the ass than Darkeater Midir? That's the one fight in the whole series that I completely dread from head to toe.

I struggled a lot with Midir early on, but now that I "get" it, Midir is one of the most fun fights in the game and I can beat him with hardly using any Estus. I killed him twice on different characters by healing only like 4 times each time.

Just gotta stay in front of its head at all times, wait for it to lower its head, get a hit or two in, rinse repeat. But the varied attack patterns make this really fun and epic. Probably my favourite boss in the series, actually.

I also think Midir is one of the rare bosses that is probably harder in coop than solo, because that makes its attack patterns more unpredictable.

On the other hand, Slave Knight Gael and Sister Friede will forever remain terrifying.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Morn Of Solace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:56 am 

Facing Midir with an ultra greatsword in the other hand is quite a pain, he just loves to troll and raise is head above range at the last second :lol:

It took me some time to re-learn the fight... but the setting and the music has me entranced every time. Between him, Sinh and Kalameet the series just nails so well the fable-like "facing a dragon" feel :)

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:42 am 

Morrigan wrote:
I also think Midir is one of the rare bosses that is probably harder in coop than solo, because that makes its attack patterns more unpredictable.

On the other hand, Slave Knight Gael and Sister Friede will forever remain terrifying.

I've managed to beat Midir twice. I never want to do it again. Gael and Nameless King are walks in the park compared to him, for me.

I love this aspect of Dark Souls. Everyone has their kryptonite. In Bloodborne I've beaten every boss three times. You want to know who still fucks me up? Shadows of Yharnam. Orphan of Kos, pfft...

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:56 am 

MaleficDevilry wrote:
I love this aspect of Dark Souls. Everyone has their kryptonite. In Bloodborne I've beaten every boss three times. You want to know who still fucks me up? Shadows of Yharnam. Orphan of Kos, pfft...

That is so, so weird... the Shadows are scrubs and have never killed me lol

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:43 am 

CoconutBackwards wrote:

Last year I decided to give Injustice 2 a try (mostly, because there was a TMNT add-on) and I learned that fighting games are now WAY too complex for me.

I love Injustice 2. My son and I have played it a lot. He's reached a point where he is a solid challenge to me in these games now. It's been fun to see him go from a little toddler who mashed buttons, and I had to set a handicap to give him a chance, to him growing into a teenager that constantly keeps me on my toes. It can also be frustrating, when I realize I cannot form a solid strategy against some of his combos and attacks.

He played online at one point and got beat by a total asshole who razzed him the whole time. We turned it down so he couldn't hear the guy, the guy thought he was being a clever smart-ass and picked Sub-Zero (my son's main) to fight my son who stuck with Sub-Zero. He thought he could show my kid that the way he fought was cheap or something, and my son wasted him in that fight, which was hilarious. But again, it's been fascinating watching him grow up into someone who is really quite good at these games.

Here's one of the only fights we saved:

Youtube: show

I'm Black Manta and my son is Sub-Zero. After we made this, I have largely lost the ability to defeat him as Sub-Zero when I use Black Manta. My strategy does not work anymore. I can still kick his ass with Bane, but my brain is failing to adjust Black Manta accordingly.

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:49 am 

Hoooly shit. Metroid Prime 4 has been scrapped in Japan. It is no longer under development. The game is being given back to Retro Studios, which is where it should've been the whole fucking time, and essentially completely restarted. This is pretty much what happened to the original Metroid Prime, which as I recall was scrapped and restarted at least once.

Sorry for the double post, this came up as I was finishing the other one.

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:51 am 

Morrigan wrote:
MaleficDevilry wrote:

That is so, so weird... the Shadows are scrubs and have never killed me lol

They killed me more times than Laurence on my first NG. I can handle them just fine in Mergo's Loft, but that boss battle just wrecks me for some reason. I was breezing through the game on NG+4 until them, now I'm in the Hunter's Nightmare just to avoid doing it again. :lol:

Now that I'm thinking about it, Gael is pretty much Orphan of Kos II. Lightning and all.

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:43 am 

Haha it is weird how everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses in the Souls series.

I always struggle with Ceaseless Discharge in DS1. I can breeze through Artorias pretty easily now.
Spoiler: show
although I didn't know you can knock Ceaseless Discharge off the cliff and kill him instantly :|

DS2? I'm actually replaying it now, and beat the Belfry Gargoyles in probably a minute. This fight used to be really hard, but now it's a breeze. The Burnt Ivory King always wrecks my shit.

In DS3, I think Gael and Sister Friede aren't that bad. I hate Darkeater Midir.

Thrashpit
Last FM

CoconutBackwards
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:37 pm 

Resident_Hazard wrote:
Hoooly shit. Metroid Prime 4 has been scrapped in Japan. It is no longer under development. The game is being given back to Retro Studios, which is where it should've been the whole fucking time, and essentially completely restarted. This is pretty much what happened to the original Metroid Prime, which as I recall was scrapped and restarted at least once.

Sorry for the double post, this came up as I was finishing the other one.

I was just wondering the other day why we haven't had a proper Metroid game in what feels like forever. Whatever I saw made it sound like it would be happening soon. Guess it's all shit now.

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:38 pm 

GuntherTheUndying wrote:
Haha it is weird how everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses in the Souls series.

I always struggle with Ceaseless Discharge in DS1. I can breeze through Artorias pretty easily now.
Spoiler: show
although I didn't know you can knock Ceaseless Discharge off the cliff and kill him instantly :|

DS2? I'm actually replaying it now, and beat the Belfry Gargoyles in probably a minute. This fight used to be really hard, but now it's a breeze. The Burnt Ivory King always wrecks my shit.

In DS3, I think Gael and Sister Friede aren't that bad. I hate Darkeater Midir.

I still haven't done Friede solo. Phase 2 wrecks me, but I can handle 1 and 3 just fine. :| I'm on NG+3 in DS3.

I haven't played DS1 or DS2 yet. I'm buying the trilogy boxset for my birthday. :hyper:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 862, 863, 864, 865, 866, 867, 868 ... 871  Next