Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:32 am 

I still haven't touched The Final Cut yet but a few changes are disappointing to me regarding the biggest addition to the game, the full voice acting:
1. They replaced the Chapo boys and most shocking of all, Dasha as Klaasje. The new voices sound decent but not as charming, especially nu-Klaasje. What's sad is that the "Classic" setting does not restore the original cast.
2. The narrator voice actor does all of the skill voices with no variation between each skill. In fact, probably 80% of the VO is just that one guy. He does have an impressive voice though.
3. There appear to be a few bugs associated with the new V.O., where some lines appear unvoiced, even though they actually were voiced. Hopefully a patch will clear it up.

On the other hand, the internet is up in arms over Cuno getting replaced and I have no idea why that would bother anyone at all. Cuno's voice was the only one that made me instinctively hover my finger over the mute button. People also seem mad that the voices don't sound exactly the way they did in their head, which is the kind of complaint you get when there's nothing to complain about, so that's a good sign.

Can't wait to play the new quests. May wait for a patch first. Pathfinder: Kingmaker in the meantime.

Bloodstone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:16 am 

Playing through The Last Campfire. From the devs behind No Man's Sky this is a pleasant, wholesome little puzzle platformer, in 3D with a top down perspective. Just a breezy, colorful time that's good for when you want something without a lot going on.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:57 pm 

Days Gone is free this month on the Playstation Store and I've been pleasantly surprised so far.

The combat kind of stinks at times, but I'm enjoying the story line and it doesn't feel like every mission is "Going over there to collect 5 of this".
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Gravetemplar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:32 pm 

CoconutBackwards wrote:
Days Gone is free this month on the Playstation Store and I've been pleasantly surprised so far.

The combat kind of stinks at times, but I'm enjoying the story line and it doesn't feel like every mission is "Going over there to collect 5 of this".

I have mixed feelings about that one. It was fun to play but I really didn't care about the story and fighting against some of the hordes was just a huge mess. I remember the game was a bit unbalanced, you can fight hundreds of zombies like they are made of papier mâché or die because a couple of them attacked.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:17 am 

Gravetemplar wrote:
CoconutBackwards wrote:

I have mixed feelings about that one. It was fun to play but I really didn't care about the story and fighting against some of the hordes was just a huge mess. I remember the game was a bit unbalanced, you can fight hundreds of zombies like they are made of papier mâché or die because a couple of them attacked.

Maybe, it's because I just read World War Z, but I'm all in on this story.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 905, 906, 907, 908, 909