Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Miniferret
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:27 pm 

Hah yeah, number stations are great. Some of them can be quite creepy and odd, especially the ones that use children's voices. That combined with the tunes they employ makes for some chilling stuff, especially when you think that they could still be being used by active spies.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:58 pm 

Vook wrote:
I don't know how you managed to just keep walking while knowing there's a retard behind you who wants to smash your head with a club.

Sometimes acting overly cool and detached is the best way to deal with hot-headed freaks.

Something similar happened to me around 2-3 years ago; back then my life was less busy so I would often go out for a drink in the evening and just walk my way to the choice pub and back. I always carried a pocket knife with me, not because I happened to cross some particularly nasty areas, but you never know what you might run into while walking around alone at night, so better safe than sorry.

Anyway, I was close to home and at a bus stop there was this gang of 9-10 typical "disco bullies", clearly drunk of of their minds and probably high on something harder too. One of them spots me and since I have long hair and was wearing a long black coat he starts shouting the usual, oh-so-creative bullshit: "hey, you faggot, what's with the Crow costume? Isn't Halloween over yet?". I say nothing and just give him a bad look as I walk past the bus stop, while the others just stand there and do nothing.
After some 5-6 seconds, the idiot must realize that his buddies might think he'd pansied out by shutting up as I walked past them, so he starts shouting again and I can hear him walking slowly behind me while squawking "hey, queer, come back here, I'll bust your ass, yadda, yadda". I'm not a particularly violent person and I've been in very few fights, and considering I was alone and they were around ten I could have felt threatened, but I just kept walking my way, ignoring the retard. He was some meters behind, I could hear him and also kind of see him thanks to the weird shadowplay caused by the overlapping light pools of the street's lampposts, I was close to my house and as I said I had my knife too - I'll just clarify things right away: never once have I used it against someone and I certainly wouldn't unless such a reaction was my very last resort, but I am not being sent unconscious to the emergency dept, let alone toetagged to the morgue, just because some random dickhead decided that was the way to win the late night testosterone contest.
Back on topic: I just kept walking, and after a while I heard one of his pals walk up to the yelling fucktard, muttering to him in a rather shaky voice "come on now, leave him alone, let's get back", and away they went; clearly this other fellow was relatively sober enough to realize they weren't fucking with the right Brandon Lee wannabe :lol:
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

KingVold
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:08 pm 

Airflla wrote:
Thor_Evlor wrote:
Bobby_Typhoon wrote:
It seemed like I had been asleep for quite some time when the pressure in the room seemed to increase suddenly. I felt like I was being crushed. I couldn't breathe and almost couldn't move. I started trying to scream, though it sounded like nothing was coming out of my mouth.

That happened to me quite a few times in my early 20s; I'd wake up feeling this pressure on me, but I couldn't open my eyes, couldn't breathe, couldn't scream, and couldn't move. I'd just be laying there in a panic, after a few seconds I'd "break free" and open my eyes and try to catch my breathe. Never figured that out either...

Could be sleep paralysis

On a creepier level, its called a saccubus.

AppleQueso wrote:
Acidgobblin wrote:
I refuse to listen to a genre using an onamatapoeiac descriptor.

Motion to change "Death Metal" to "EEURRRGHHH"

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:21 pm 

theheinouskilling667 wrote:
They were scene kids?

Lol, me and my freinds go walking around a lot, and we see some emo and scene kids a lot when we walk through malls, we shout whatever we want at them, usually telling them to go cut themselves (Only if we are sure they are scene), and they never do shit back, occasionally we get a "fuck you", but mostly they barely even look at us. Most of em are almost twice our size, but they are too much of pussies to do shit.

Maybe these ones who fucked with you were feeling tough because they had their first beer or something and decided to do something to brag about to their scene skank girlfreinds.

After reading some of your posts you seem like a jerkoff.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:35 pm 

He's just a teen...they do that from time to time.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:42 am 

Yes, he's also an avowed fan of all the stupidest brutal death metal bands and, apparently, a white nationalist who respects all races and religions but wants to see Islam wiped out. So take everything he says with at least two handfuls of salt.

theheinouskilling667
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:10 am 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
Yes, he's also an avowed fan of all the stupidest brutal death metal bands and, apparently, a white nationalist who respects all races and religions but wants to see Islam wiped out. So take everything he says with at least two handfuls of salt.

Not to derail, but Islam is not a race and I never have said I respect all religions.

If you think insulting Islam is insulting Middle-Easterners, then you are most likely a PC idiot. Do you also think hating salsa music means I hate Hispanics?

Read my posts thoroughly before saying stupid shit.

theheinouskilling667
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:12 am 

I_Am_Vengeance wrote:
They were scene kids?

Lol, me and my freinds go walking around a lot, and we see some emo and scene kids a lot when we walk through malls, we shout whatever we want at them, usually telling them to go cut themselves (Only if we are sure they are scene), and they never do shit back, occasionally we get a "fuck you", but mostly they barely even look at us. Most of em are almost twice our size, but they are too much of pussies to do shit.

Maybe these ones who fucked with you were feeling tough because they had their first beer or something and decided to do something to brag about to their scene skank girlfreinds.

After reading some of your posts you seem like a jerkoff.

Rereading that post, it admittedly does make me sound kind of pretentious. Perhaps I should have worded it better or not have posted it. Disregard it.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:33 am 

Not to derail, but Islam is not a race and I never have said I respect all religions.

If you think insulting Islam is insulting Middle-Easterners, then you are most likely a PC idiot. Do you also think hating salsa music means I hate Hispanics?

Ahem.

theheinouskillings667 in the Aryan thread in the Symposium wrote:
I respect all traditional religions and cultures.

Followed by:

same person, same place wrote:
The Jews are not a problem, the Jews can work with us to get rid of Muslims.

You really, really are a douchebag you know? Almost everything you say, from praising Waking the Cadaver, to claiming allegiance to Aryan nationalism, to relating anecdotes about running around being an irritating little shit, it all makes you look like a collossal immature dick. Shut up and grow up.

theheinouskilling667
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:38 am 

Ahem.

theheinouskillings667 in the Aryan thread in the Symposium wrote:
I respect all traditional religions and cultures.

Followed by:

same person, same place wrote:
The Jews are not a problem, the Jews can work with us to get rid of Muslims.

You really, really are a douchebag you know? Almost everything you say, from praising Waking the Cadaver, to claiming allegiance to Aryan nationalism, to relating anecdotes about running around being an irritating little shit, it all makes you look like a collossal immature dick. Shut up and grow up.

Yes, all TRADITIONAL religions. As in Pagan religions, idiot. I told you to read my posts thouroughly.

And about Islam, you really think it is a positive thing deservant of respect? Every Muslim I've ever met is a fucking gay-basher, and in England (Probably throughout Europe as well) they're always bitching about something they shouldn't be. It's not like I base my beleifs off of nothing.
But, that doesn't matter, because you're going to see me the way you want to no matter what.

I probably shouldn't have responded, I'm finished arguing with you.
Fuck off and die =D

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:57 am 

Oh for fuck's sake! Traditional doesn't mean pagan, you retard. I read it thoroughly, it was your failure to use appropriate wording that made it misleading. "Traditional religion" could mean just about anything.

And thanks for telling me about your experiences with Islam. Because your anecdotal evidence regarding Muslims obviously refutes the thousands of people, myself included, who have known perfectly reasonable Muslims.

Before you go calling me a PC retard, maybe you should try reading some of MY posts. I am a staunch atheist who opposes all religion on principal, paganism included because it's no less irrational than any other faith.

OlioTheSmall
Handsome (marsupial) Beast

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:01 am 

Please, for the sake of this enjoyable thread, can this be left alone?

- Tim Minchin

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:12 am 

This is indeed a very entertaining thread, so I am more than willing to let this go, provided this guy stops saying stupid shit and posting those oh-so-creepy stories about the time he... get this... heckled some people. Spooky!

Winterdrouth
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:19 pm 

Once I woke up in the night and saw myself standing in my room. I almost shit my pants, I guess. A classical case of sleep paralysis, maybe?

Samapico
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:14 pm 

This is indeed a very entertaining thread, so I am more than willing to let this go, provided this guy stops saying stupid shit and posting those oh-so-creepy stories about the time he... get this... heckled some people. Spooky!
I believe his... anecdote was only in response to another 'scene-kid-related' story just before... It wasn't meant to be creepy.
But anyway... even he agreed that he should have shut his mouth :P

Now... time to turn the lights back off... Everyone get your flashlights low on batteries, aim them under your chin, and tell tales of ghosts and zombies.
GO!

death_headj
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:35 pm 

I have two stories. The first one isn't scary, the second one could be.

In my sophomore year of high school, I was walking out of my computer class when suddenly I witnessed myself and the other students walking out of the door. That was my first out-of-body experience, so it was really weird for me.

As for the second, my family and I used to live in a house that was haunted. It seems that slave traders would keep their captives in the basement, as we would hear chains clinking and moaning from down there. Eventually, the parents decided to move out. It was late at night, and my father was in the basement, bringing out some of the last boxes. He felt like there were people behind him, and was afraid to turn around. The next day, a family friend came by to pick up furniture, and he was afraid to get out of his truck.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:36 pm 

death_headj wrote:
As for the second, my family and I used to live in a house that was haunted. It seems that slave traders would keep their captives in the basement, as we would hear chains clinking and moaning from down there. Eventually, the parents decided to move out. It was late at night, and my father was in the basement, bringing out some of the last boxes. He felt like there were people behind him, and was afraid to turn around. The next day, a family friend came by to pick up furniture, and he was afraid to get out of his truck.

I had a friend who said her room was haunted, and said she regularly saw her pictures moving and black shapes hovering and whatnot. I don't know how truthful she was about any of this, but I never saw any of that.

Still, living in your house and feeling like you're being followed/watched constantly would be uneasy. Good thing they moved out.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:45 pm 

I still have yet to see black floating objects and what-not in my room. I'm still waiting for a certain Plushgaunt to arrive, but for the time being I have Don't Break The Oath hung up right in front of me - warding off any evil by out-eviling it.

I know there are some other creepy events that have occurred to me, but they escape me at the moment.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

SuperVeji4
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:30 am 

Kutulu wrote:
I have a shit ton of stories myself. Most of them involving three different houses, but I don't have time to write them all out now, so here is one...He didn't seem to worry too much about having to stay in the room though, but some of the abnormal/paranormal stuff he experienced before and throughout his childhood might explain why it didn't bother him.(I could probably make a post out of some of these stories of his)

I'm seriously hoping you post those other stories Kutulu. I really liked that story you wrote and I would like to hear more...

PriestofSadWings
Bishop of Dark Spaces

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:57 am 

I really shouldn't be reading this thread at midnight, never mind posting in it.

I haven't had any truly paranormal experiences, but I did have one nightmare where (long story short) I died and came back as a zombie. I managed to walk back home and start a conversation with my mother. Then the "camera" in my dream zoomed in on my mouth. I smiled, and realized that the zombie version of me had no teeth.

When I woke up, I felt a weird sensation in my mouth, and for a moment I thought I actually was toothless.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:12 am 

death_headj wrote:
It seems that slave traders would keep their captives in the basement, as we would hear chains clinking and moaning from down there.

Highly unlikely. Slaves tended to be kept in a separate building to the owners or traders, generally some kind of cramped and dirty bunkhouse not unlike a barn, really. Unless, of course, they were a "house nigger", who would almost certainly not be chained.

cremationconfetti
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:35 am 

Well, this one was creepy, and a very cruel joke:
I was with my cousin and a friend at my house when I was 12 or so, and my parents had gone out to eat with a few people. We all started hearing footsteps upstairs, and we called up to see if it was my parents, but nobody answered. Suddenly, the phone rings and I answer it. It's my mom saying "we know what's going on, and we'll be home as soon as we can." Frightened, my friend and cousin elect me to go inspect the increasingly noticeable footsteps upstairs that seem to be creeping towards the stairs. I slowly go up the stairs, turn the corner, and three people jump at me and I scream in terror. Turns out it was my parents and their friends, and my mom had just called me from outside the house, acting as though there were a real emergency.
I was not a happy camper.

crusthead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:05 pm 

Winterdrouth wrote:
Once I woke up in the night and saw myself standing in my room. I almost shit my pants, I guess. A classical case of sleep paralysis, maybe?

You may have had an out of body experience. :)

edit - OR it could be this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppelg%C3%A4nger

Quote:
Doppelgänger , or "Fetch", is the ghostly double of a living person, a sinister form of bilocation.

In the vernacular, "Doppelgänger" has come to refer (as in German) to any double or look-alike of a person. The word is also used to describe the sensation of having glimpsed oneself in peripheral vision, in a position where there is no chance that it could have been a reflection. They are generally regarded as harbingers of bad luck. In some traditions, a doppelgänger seen by a person's friends or relatives portends illness or danger, while seeing one's own doppelgänger is an omen of death, or results in immediate death upon the two coming face to face. In Norse mythology, a vardøger is a ghostly double who precedes a living person and is seen performing their actions in advance

death_headj
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:01 pm 

death_headj wrote:
It seems that slave traders would keep their captives in the basement, as we would hear chains clinking and moaning from down there.

Highly unlikely. Slaves tended to be kept in a separate building to the owners or traders, generally some kind of cramped and dirty bunkhouse not unlike a barn, really. Unless, of course, they were a "house nigger", who would almost certainly not be chained.

I only know what I was told by the parents about the slave situation. I was really young at the time, but I do remember the noises.

Krafty
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:08 am 

I had a knife pulled out on me by a tranny today. That was pretty creepy, if I do say so myself.

An album that has several albums contained in it?! holy cow thats awesome.

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:59 am 

when my great grandmother died, me and my family had to collect her marriage, birth and death certificate and other records before she was buried. we went through her house and obtained the records we needed, except for her birth certificate which was supposed to be stored with everything else in her file cabinet. no matter where we looked, the file would not show up; even when we called in a search team and most of our family and friends. we finally gave up and called the search off, and proceeded to bury her without the record. a few weeks after the funeral we were planning to sell her house and take out the furniture. when we all showed up to the house to begin this process, we walked in to see the birth certificate neatly layed out on the coffee table. since we were the only ones with the keys to the house, (which had been locked for awhile), we found this to be very weird.
Imagine getting pounded on the side of the head with a rather average-sized brick approximately four times a second for a half-hour while a vacuum cleaner is turned to maximum volume in the background. That's Marduk for ya.

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

rehab2021
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:41 pm 

gestapothrash wrote:
we walked in to see the birth certificate neatly layed out on the coffee table. since we were the only ones with the keys to the house, (which had been locked for awhile), we found this to be very weird.

That's pretty creepy, indeed.

Artemus_Cain
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:44 pm 

I remember when I was twelve and home alone. I fell asleep on a couch in front of a tv that was turned off. Before I finally fell asleep There was a loud blood curdling scream. It was so loud I thought it was from the next room over.

To this day I can only sleep with the TV on and my music blaring. Good luck to me geting a girl home.

Another somewhat weird thing: When I first got into Wicca, there would be times when my dogs would bark at nothing in the corners of the house for about five minutes before going off all weepy like someone hit them with a newspaper.

OH GOOD LORD I'M HEAVING AND HORKING

lurkist
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:49 pm 

I believe in nothing supernatural etc, so I found this quite creepy.

I was drinking some tea with mates in the kitchen one afternoon, and glanced down into my empty cup. The dregs of tea leaves happened to form a perfect "angry smiley". I don't mean screwing my eyes up to see it, I mean absolutely perfect. I said "Whoa, check it out" or something and shook it up to try again.
This time it was a perfect 3D angry smiley with proper features, shading, the lot. Slightly disconcerted, I shook it again.
This time it was not a smiley, but a perfect devil caricature. You know, full body and tail curled up behind an exaggeratedly large head with horns, goatee beard, the works!

I gently placed the cup down and did not shake again. It was like "I've told you once, I've told you twice" then Satan himself appears telling me not to fuck with that stuff!

shecriedyoucaved
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:32 pm 

I have always been very hesitant to believe in paranormal activity, but here is something very bizarre that happened to me a few years ago. I am getting goosebumps just thinking about this right now and I almost hesitated posting it because of how ridiculous it sounds. I have many “ghostly” stories, but I’ll just post this one now. It’s long, but I don’t want to skimp on the details…

After my spring college semester in 2004, I decided to stay an extra three weeks to take a class during the “May Term.” I needed a place to crash for the three weeks and I met a guy who said I could live with him. I ended up moving into a relatively sketchy looking and poorly maintained apartment complex near the river. I took a room in the basement. Directly outside of my bedroom door was a long staircase that led upstairs to the front door and first floor.

I had just gotten a job at a fast food restaurant and always worked the night shift. I usually got back to the apartment around 1:30 am. Usually I would go straight down to my room and mill around for awhile, listen to music, play around on the internet, whatever… Eventually though, I would want to head upstairs to get a snack, use the bathroom, etc. Well, sometimes when I stepped out of my room I would look up the staircase and see a small silhouette figure near the top. It would always seem to vanish into thin air after a second or two. I am jumpy and this freaked me out so eventually I simply stopped going upstairs at nighttime.

One night, after living in the apartment for about a week and a half, I woke up suddenly during the night in a cold sweat. I can’t articulate it perfectly, but I had one of those gut feelings that said “something is amiss.” I flipped on the light switch and looked around the room for a second. I noticed that my hamster cage was empty and Wally (the hamster) was missing. I looked around the room for a minute, but couldn’t find him. I opened the door and noticed that he was about 3/4th of the way up the staircase. I looked to the top of the stairs and saw the figure again. Except this time it wasn’t a silhouette, I could actually make out features and it appeared to be a young girl. She seemed to be staring off into space, not looking at anything in particular. I grabbed Wally as fast as I could, ran into my room and locked the motherfucking door. I stayed in the apartment for another week and a half and never saw the figure again.

I decided to stay in the college town for the remainder of the summer and my roommate and I moved into a house. One day we were having a conversation about how creepy the old apartment was. I wanted to ask him if he ever saw the figure, but I didn’t want to sound insane so I kept asking in really roundabout ways like “Hey…. Did you ever notice anything, you know…. weird at the old apartment?” Eventually he admitted that he saw the same figure that I had seen. He said he used to sleep in the bedroom in the basement until he got so freaked out he moved all his stuff into the second floor bedroom. He said he would have “warned” me, but figured he would have sounded crazy and I wouldn’t have listened.

I was trying to remain a skeptic through all of this, trying to convince myself that what I had seen was a trick of the light or caused by my fatigue (since it was always around 3-4 am when I saw the figure). Plus, my roommate was a drunk and a pothead so I tried to convince myself that his testimony was worthless. I didn’t mention the figure to anyone else until about a year later when I become friends with an extremely religious young man who believed in ghosts and the afterlife. He claimed that I likely saw a ghost and should do some research to find out who the ghost might be. Research? I thought it all sounded ridiculous at first, but I was intrigued. My religious friend thought that it was likely that someone died in the apartment and was haunting it.

I tried to find some old newspaper articles about a fire or maybe a murder in the apartment, but wasn’t successful. About another year later , I became friends with a guy in my statistics class. One night, I went with him to his place to study for a test. It turned out that he lived in the same apartment complex that I had lived in that one summer. He said that he had been living there for six years. I asked him if he knew of anyone dying in one of the apartments. He kinda raised his eyebrows and gave me a WTF look, but I kept pushing it. He told me that several years back there had been in a fire in unit C (the one that I had lived in). He said that three people got out alive, but a 4 year old girl died of smoke inhalation right at the top of the stairs behind the front door.

Shat bricks.

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:57 pm 

^^^

That is quite an interesting story there. I don't believe in anything paranormal as well and that makes me wonder...

Have you ever heard of a show called "A Haunting"? It's basically a show re-enacting paranormal events. It's pretty cool to me, although I get freaked out by it whenever I watch it. The only 2 actual spiritual or non-human beings I believe in are God and Satan, but sometimes when you hear about stuff, and see things, it just makes you think, :wtf:

cremationconfetti
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:38 pm 

Jesus, shecriedyoucaved, that's fuckin' scary.

~Guest 183305
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:22 pm 

Shit brick is right. Holy shit, that is some story.

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:46 am 

That is a terrifying story. Maybe you could go back one day and film the staircase?

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

TheHornyPriest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:02 am 

I'd say my worst experience was walking home from work and encountering some guy with his shirt off attacking a tree at the elementary school, he comes over to me with his hands covered in blood and starts rambling about how he's just gotten out of jail. He continues to tell me that he's a heroin addict and his disposition towards hispanics and blacks and wants to know my ethnicity and informs me that he needs to find the local methadone clinic. I try to ditch the guy but he keeps following me insisting that he goes home with me I end up having to run into incoming traffic to get away from him about halfway into the street he yells "I DON'T APPRECIATE THAT!" haha.

I also used to live in a house which was built in the mid 30s, the prior tenants were a married couple. The doorbell would always ring somewhere between 6-8pm every night, supposedly the husband died elsewhere and the widow died a natural death or moved out.

And I remember being around 5 or 6 and hearing someone growl my name outside my window late at night, could've been my neighbor after hearing a classic death metal release haha.

I had another experience where I woke up in the middle of the afternoon and felt that I was being strangled and was being pinned down. Sleep paralysis I suppose?

Last edited by TheHornyPriest on Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:41 am 

Great story, shecriedyoucaved. If I saw something like that, I think I'd be shitting bricks, as well.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Axel_Sikth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:01 am 

I have goosebumps all over me now. Thanks a bunch shecriedyoucaved. :grumble:

But damn, that is one terrifying story. Far scarier than any of the (relatively crappy, to be honest) horror movies I've been watching recently. Goddamn. To make sure that you aren't just a great storyteller that decided to mess with us, do you have any news articles about the incident? 'Cos if it's true, then Christ, life just got that much scarier.

The scary things that happen to me usually happen in dreamland. Scariest experience I ever had in real life would either be watching the original Japanese version of the Grudge or the walk I had in the wooded areas around my old house while listening to Vlad Tepes and Belketre on the March to the Black Holocaust. I nearly jumped during one of Belketre's ambient songs when the vocalist growled all of a sudden. Most of the scary things that happen to me, I bring upon myself although I do have one nightmare I would like to share. Maybe some other time though.
But it didn't matter, 'cause they can't hear a sound

http://www.last.fm/user/Axel_Sikth

Shadoeking
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:54 am 

The scariest thing that ever happened to me is actually kind of a funny story. I wasn't laughing then though.

My friend and I watched The Ring late at night in his dorm room. The movie was not really scary and didn't bother me all that much. Soon after, I decided I needed to head home to go to bed as I had to work early the next morning.

I got home and laid down after watching a little TV, then turned it off and went to sleep. A couple of hours later I became suddenly aware that my TV had been turned on and of course there was static on the screen. Those that have seen the movie understand what it meant in the movie. I looked over and saw my black cat Bagheera standing there next to the TV remote and convinced myself he must have stepped on it and turned it on. Still though, I did not sleep the rest of the night. That had never happened before or since.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:54 am 

MikeyC wrote:
Great story, shecriedyoucaved. If I saw something like that, I think I'd be shitting bricks, as well.

Agreed, that is fucking terrifying.

One of the stupidest things to have scared me is an Absu picture on a magazine -.-

Walking around the house at night to get a drink, rounding a corridor, for some fucking stupid reason someone placed the mag upright on the table, leaning on a fruit jar. When I rounded the corridor in the dim light I saw Proscriptors mug and freaked out for a sec.

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:09 pm 

I'm fairly certain my apartment here in Santiago is haunted. Specifically the bathroom that directly connects to my bedroom. :ugh: This is how I've arrived to this conclusion:

1) We had to wait one extra day before we could move in, because the landlords had to finish doing some "repairs." Note that this is an old apartment building, so I can understand that. However, all of these repairs took place in that bathroom.

2) Despite being on the inside of the building and directly connected to my bedroom (where I keep a heater going 24/7), it's still consistently 10-15 degrees colder than any other room, including the other bathroom.

3) Completely unscientific, but I always get a creepy negative vibe from that room. Always have, even before we moved in. Almost like a murder scene vibe.

4) There are odd stains on the shower stall wall. An odd yellow-ish color. Funny thing about blood stains... the plasma in blood stains yellow after the red blood cells are removed.

5) I'm not the only person to avoid using that bathroom on account of "creepy vibes." Both my other roommates as well as some friends from another floor have commented on it.

6) According to one such friend, the landlord told him about there having been some gay couple who had a violent fight in our apartment. No idea if he was just bullshitting, though, because he only mentioned it after I brought it up to him. He did not know if anyone died as a result, but apparently there was stabbing involved.

7) Last week, the cleaning lady found that our oven was on, and was greatly heating the apartment. The problem is that we had only used the oven about a week before, and this is an old oven that you have to physically reach in with a match to light. So either we had left the oven on and lit for a week and just never noticed the rising temperature, or it lit itself at some point.

So yeah. If I suddenly stop posting,

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next