Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:55 am 

I've been told satellites are sometimes visible. Maybe that will explain it.

MaDTransilvanian
Caravan Beyond Redemption

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:56 pm 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
I've been told satellites are sometimes visible. Maybe that will explain it.

It's doubtful that they'd be visible in the middle of the day. Plus, satellites don't orbit in formation.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:49 pm 

I suppose not. *shrug*

The_Orphanizer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:10 pm 

I forgot I had a bizarre, unexplained experience. It isn't particularly creepy (nor was it when it happened), but it was just very unusual and all around strange.

I was driving home from work one night, right around 9:50 pm. When I'm one signal away from my house, I get a red light. I wait it out.

Once the light turns green, I start again. As soon as I got across the intersection, a very peculiar ball of green light appeared out of thin air and was flying right in front of my vehicle, at about the same speed (so naturally I'm thinking there must have been reflections, or something), but it didn't look at all like it was a reflection or anything; it was definitely outside of the car.

I'm staring at it, driving, for a few seconds, when it shoots under the car. It appears again on the right side! Just floating there alongside the car. First I saw it in my right-side-view mirror. I turned my head in disbelief and it was there. Within a couple seconds, it shoots under the car again, and this time appears in my rear-view mirror. Within a few seconds, it shot under again and this time it was right in front of the car again. A moment later, it was gone.

The only natural explanation I've thought it might've been is ball-lightning, though I won't likely ever know for sure.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:22 pm 

SuperVeji4 wrote:
What, ghosts can't spell?!

Something tells me spirits really wouldn't give a fuck about something so, ah, human. :P

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:33 pm 

Bobby_Typhoon wrote:
It seemed like I had been asleep for quite some time when the pressure in the room seemed to increase suddenly. I felt like I was being crushed. I couldn't breathe and almost couldn't move. I started trying to scream, though it sounded like nothing was coming out of my mouth.

Thor_Evlor wrote:
... when I feel this sudden pressure on my lower stomach like someone's hopped on, straddling me; I start to sit up when I feel my shoulders being pushed back down, so I push back and get pushed back even harder, this time with my wrists pinned down - like someones kneeling on my chest and holding me down.

Those two stories sound like sleep paralysis. Must be quite scary, indeed.

Musick wrote:
Ill share one more. Truth be told, "supernatural" encounters raise my BS meter (no disrespect to anyone...just my honest opinion), but there was this one occasion...

I knew it was retarded as soon as I read "ouija", and it was as dumb as I expected. Anyone who thinks there's any meaning or significance to ouija boards (homemade or not) is a gullible twit, honestly.

SuperVeji4 wrote:
Oh for fuck sakes, you call bullshit on paranormal stories but not this one? Don't get me wrong, if your friend or either of the girls truly weren't fooling around, then yes the ouiji board moving is kind of creepy, but it stops there. I mean, WITDED, are you serious?! What, ghosts can't spell?! I'm not gonna even say it was a coincidence, because your friend making the connection is simply his mind obsessing over the event, and obsessions such as this could cause a person to make connections with things that don't even relate in any way.

It's typical of woo believers to say they were all very skeptical (except towards their own story, of course). Guess they don't want to appear gullible or foolish, or want to give themselves a bit of credibility.

Carter
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:52 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
I ran over and he said, "look at that," pointing at the sky. It was partly cloudy, but otherwise clear, and I couldn't see anything. My dad's like, "right near that cloud!" It must've taken a good 30 seconds, but I found it - three dots, in triangle formation, moving across the sky. They were too far to make out what they were, but it seemed they were too far to be birds or planes. We just watched and watched it until they all came together as one, then disappeared completely.

Holy shit! Something eerily similar to this happened to me :shock: My mom & I went over to my aunt and uncles house one night to look at stars because my uncle had just bought a really nice telescope. Then after awhile I saw these three red dots (not with the telescope) moving pretty quickly across the sky. I pointed it out to my family and they all saw them, too. The dots were all moving around, yet still staying in a triangle formation. My uncle works for AT&T and said that they couldn't be satellites because of the form they were in and the speed at which they were moving. We all kept watching them until they went out of sight.

Musick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:27 pm 

Morrigan wrote:

Musick wrote:
Ill share one more. Truth be told, "supernatural" encounters raise my BS meter (no disrespect to anyone...just my honest opinion), but there was this one occasion...

I knew it was retarded as soon as I read "ouija", and it was as dumb as I expected. Anyone who thinks there's any meaning or significance to ouija boards (homemade or not) is a gullible twit, honestly.

SuperVeji4 wrote:
Oh for fuck sakes, you call bullshit on paranormal stories but not this one? Don't get me wrong, if your friend or either of the girls truly weren't fooling around, then yes the ouiji board moving is kind of creepy, but it stops there. I mean, WITDED, are you serious?! What, ghosts can't spell?! I'm not gonna even say it was a coincidence, because your friend making the connection is simply his mind obsessing over the event, and obsessions such as this could cause a person to make connections with things that don't even relate in any way.

It's typical of woo believers to say they were all very skeptical (except towards their own story, of course). Guess they don't want to appear gullible or foolish, or want to give themselves a bit of credibility.

If you read my story, I think I showed a fair amount of skepticism in my own experience. Im not trying to deny or justify my own or anyone elses experiences. Its up to each individual to come to their own conclusions regarding all of the tales in this thread.

Im just presenting what happened to me, no more or less.

Cheers!

I have had successful trades/sales with:
vegnsanity, DMR, TooHuman, turboeye, minionofkyuss and teuti

boneexposed
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:27 pm 

Well, this is going to sound like a fucking "alien" movie, but around 6 years ago when I used to watch TV, I was asleep, when suddenly my tv woke me up, it was kinda normal you know when you sleep with the TV controller on the bed you hit the power button sometimes. So I grabbed the controller and hit power, there was only static on the TV. Then some kind of blurry face appeared on the TV, not a human face, then everything started to become whiter and whiter as if a big fucking batman like light were illuminating my room, then I noticed 3 human-like figures, very thin, on my door, but everything became white. Then I woke up and I had a bunch of little scars in my body.

http://www.last.fm/user/ArnusProfanus

Blacklinkz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:42 pm 

boneexposed wrote:
Well, this is going to sound like a fucking "alien" movie, but around 6 years ago when I used to watch TV, I was asleep, when suddenly my tv woke me up, it was kinda normal you know when you sleep with the TV controller on the bed you hit the power button sometimes. So I grabbed the controller and hit power, there was only static on the TV. Then some kind of blurry face appeared on the TV, not a human face, then everything started to become whiter and whiter as if a big fucking batman like light were illuminating my room, then I noticed 3 human-like figures, very thin, on my door, but everything became white. Then I woke up and I had a bunch of little scars in my body.

Far too much "X Files" for you, fella...

http://intothepandemoniumes.blogspot.com Blog with reviews, articles and other nerdy stuff. Spanish only :/

boneexposed
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:47 pm 

Blacklinkz wrote:
boneexposed wrote:

I have only watched the first movie, didn't watch the show.

http://www.last.fm/user/ArnusProfanus

Blacklinkz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:52 pm 

boneexposed wrote:
Blacklinkz wrote:
boneexposed wrote:

I have only watched the first movie, didn't watch the show.

That is a movie too many.

http://intothepandemoniumes.blogspot.com Blog with reviews, articles and other nerdy stuff. Spanish only :/

ChurningtheMaelstrom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:04 pm 

Let me just say I think it's pretty ignorant, childish, and unnecessary for anyone to come into this thread and "debunk" other people's experiences...I mean, seriously?? So someone sitting on their computer at home is able to tell everyone else that whatever they've experienced (or may not have) is wrong. Well cheers to you because you're apparently the first human being to know everything in the world. Fucking retarded. No need to derail the thread with insults. If people are posting shit that's made up, or embellished a little, so what. I like to think that most of the guys on here are pretty honest dudes, and quite honestly this has been one of the more interesting threads I've seen here in a while. But I guess one shouldn't expect that to last long.

The_Orphanizer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:46 pm 

CHRISTIAN ALERT

But really, calm down. There's little of what you claim to be going on in this thread, and even then, how is being skeptical of paranormal claims indicative of implied omniscience?

Quote:
If people are posting shit that's made up, or embellished a little, so what... I like to think that most of the guys on here are pretty honest dudes

So on one hand, you accept (see: don't care) that people may be "posting shit that's made up, or embellished a little" (there's a word for that, by the way; it's called "lying"), then you get on other people's cases for their skepticism, because you believe most of the people here are honest.

Curious logic...

ChurningtheMaelstrom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:18 pm 

Way to completely misinterpret my post, dumbass.

First of all, how is ANYTHING I said remotely Xtian? Not at all, so your first statement is obviously completely asinine.

Morrigan wrote:

I accept the possibility that some people might just be fucking around, yes. But I like to think, and maybe this is little old me being optimistic (imagine that), that most of the people posting here are relating experiences that, while sometimes unexplainable, happened as they remember them, and not meant to be deceptive.

And since when was "embellishing" synonymous with "lying"? Learn the English vocabulary properly before saying something so retarded.

Lastly, I didn't get on anyone's case for being skeptical for the sake of it...my beef is that it was unnecessary to come into a thread that was obviously being enjoyed by its participants and rather interesting in my opinion, and immediately dismiss what people had experienced. I'm not going to sit here and try to explain away what someone in fuckin Italy experienced because guess what!?!? I wasn't there!! That to me is an arrogant display of omniscience, if such a thing could be described in that way. It's ok if people don't believe some of these stories, that's not the point of the thread, and neither was the point that it turn into an argument. So if possible I'd like for it to return to what it was created as.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:51 am 

Go wash the sand out of your vagina. I was actually enjoying the thread, and I didn't debunk anything at all except for calling ouija "magic" for what it really is, e.g. stupid bullshit that only gullible teens could possibly believe in (and I wasn't the only one who pointed that out, either). Even the poster of this specific story didn't take offense to that nor did he make any inane assumption that I was "claiming omniscience", so I'm going to assume you're an oversensitive ninny with a persecution complex (so, the Christian assumption isn't that far off heh).

But hey, since I'm apparently the big skeptical meanie who ruins everyone's fun... might as well play the part: the triangle dots pattern is a common UFO sighting, and was probably something like this:
http://forums.randi.org/attachment.php? ... 1248568337

Now, carry on with the thread everyone... well, except ChurningtheMaelstrom, hopefully.

~Guest 126069
Skanky

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:55 am 

Please guys, don't get this thread locked. Do it for the children.

Eurnonymous
Streetcleaner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:19 am 

a few years ago, i was coming around a corner walking alone at night to a friend's house, when these two scene fucks drove up and wanted to start shit with me. this skinny-as-fuck faggot gets out of the car and has a baseball bat and starts walking up to me like he's the toughest little shit in the universe. he wants to fight me and is talking shit while i kept walking along, and i felt the guy get right up behind me and then stop and turn around and speed off with his man lover. i was playing it cool, but i wanted to take the bat from him and crush his fucking skull in, but i was already just a couple houses down from my destination and for all i know the other kid in the car could have had something more dangerous than a bat on him.

i still think back and wonder what their drive was, or what would have happened if he'd decided to take a swing at me. i was completely defenseless with my back turned to him.

theheinouskilling667
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:48 am 

Eurnonymous wrote:
a few years ago, i was coming around a corner walking alone at night to a friend's house, when these two scene fucks drove up and wanted to start shit with me. this skinny-as-fuck faggot gets out of the car and has a baseball bat and starts walking up to me like he's the toughest little shit in the universe. he wants to fight me and is talking shit while i kept walking along, and i felt the guy get right up behind me and then stop and turn around and speed off with his man lover. i was playing it cool, but i wanted to take the bat from him and crush his fucking skull in, but i was already just a couple houses down from my destination and for all i know the other kid in the car could have had something more dangerous than a bat on him.

i still think back and wonder what their drive was, or what would have happened if he'd decided to take a swing at me. i was completely defenseless with my back turned to him.

They were scene kids?

Lol, me and my freinds go walking around a lot, and we see some emo and scene kids a lot when we walk through malls, we shout whatever we want at them, usually telling them to go cut themselves (Only if we are sure they are scene), and they never do shit back, occasionally we get a "fuck you", but mostly they barely even look at us. Most of em are almost twice our size, but they are too much of pussies to do shit.

Maybe these ones who fucked with you were feeling tough becuase they had their first beer or something and decided to do something to brag about to their scene skank girlfreinds.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:59 am 

Morrigan wrote:
the triangle dots pattern is a common UFO sighting, and was probably something like this:
http://forums.randi.org/attachment.php? ... 1248568337

The link doesn't work for me...what was it?

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

The_Orphanizer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:24 am 

theheinouskilling667 wrote:
Lol, me and my freinds go walking around a lot, and we see some emo and scene kids a lot when we walk through malls, we shout whatever we want at them, usually telling them to go cut themselves (Only if we are sure they are scene), and they never do shit back, occasionally we get a "fuck you", but mostly they barely even look at us. Most of em are almost twice our size, but they are too much of pussies to do shit.

Coolest story ever. Wait til the guys hear about this.

Samapico
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:01 am 

The_Orphanizer wrote:

Let him get through puberty alone :P

shecriedyoucaved
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:54 am 

Three stories:

1. I grew up in a small town out in the country, and people frequently rode horses back and forth down my street. Anyway, one night at maybe 2 am I was sound asleep and I was awakened suddenly because I heard the “clomp-clomp” of horse hooves on the street. I look outside and there is a dude riding a horse in the dead of night. I saw a bit of light and noticed he was holding not a flashlight but a LANTERN, which just made everything look so ghostly and strange. I dove back under the covers, but could not fall back asleep I was so startled.

2. About 4 years ago I was at my parents’ house, home from college for the summer. I was up really late (maybe 3 am) playing video games. Anyway, I started to hear a noise that sounded like a little girl softly crying. I realized that it was coming from the window right next to me. It scared the shit out of me and I just remember feeling paralyzed for a few minutes. I finally decided to look, just in case someone was hurt or lost outside or something. Anyway, I draw the blinds and look out the window and see a coyote staring right back at me. I knew they lived nearby and had heard them howling in the distance on many occasions, but I had never seen one up close or heard those eerie whines before. I will never forget this noise to this day.

3. Remember the “Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark” book series from the 1980’s? I LOVED those books as a child, but they somehow got lost over the years. Anyway, when I was in college, they were re-issued as a box set and I snatched them up immediately. I remember going back to my dorm and reading all three in one sitting one afternoon. Anyway, that same night my girlfriend came to visit. I was sleeping in the bed with her and I had a horrible vivid nightmare, it was so incredible lucid… I guess this kind of thing is described as a “night terror”…? I had visions of all those monsters and ghouls from those books attacking me. I don’t recall doing this but apparently I punched by girlfriend a few times, jumped out of bed, knocked over my table, and ran out of the dorm room and into the hallway. I started running down the hallway and eventually was jarred into consciousness by the bright fluorescent lights. I remember being drenched in a cold sweat and just feeling so frightened and confused. My girlfriend was a little freaked out too (understandably), but she eventually went back to bed. I don’t think I slept a wink for the rest of the night.

That's not all the weird stuff that's happened to me... Maybe I'll add a few more stories later.

~Guest 111864
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:57 pm 

Just wrote a super-long story, and then my computer crashed ;( . I'll wrote it again tommorow.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:00 pm 

Lord_Sauron wrote:
Just wrote a super-long story, and then my computer crashed ;( . I'll wrote it again tommorow.

I hate it when I'm writing a long email or review on my iPhone and then it times out due to a wi-fi disconnect. Luckily now, it's all upgraded to where I can copy and paste on it to help save what I wrote.

~Guest 111864
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:50 pm 

marktheviktor wrote:
Lord_Sauron wrote:

I hate it when I'm writing a long email or review on my iPhone and then it times out due to a wi-fi disconnect. Luckily now, it's all upgraded to where I can copy and paste on it to help save what I wrote.

Lol, it would also be my 500th post if I had written it.

NeglectedField
Onwards to Camulodunum!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:50 pm 

If really creepy shit has happened to me, I probably blocked it out.

But my mate lives with this guy who thinks the Illuminati are controlling the nutrition that citizens get, so he only buys supplements from Mannatech, stuff which "PROVIDES your daily requirement of vitamins, it doesn't 'include' them, it PROVIDES it!" Fucking hilarious. But then a 35-year-old DJ-cum-gardener is bound to believe some funny shit. He's a sound bloke otherwise though.

Eurnonymous
Streetcleaner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:16 am 

They were scene kids?

at the time, this was when metalcore was "the scene".

the story itself wasn't "creepy" in the sense of an unnatural or scary event, it's just that i could have been in the hospital if i had made one wrong move.

theheinouskilling667
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:55 am 

The_Orphanizer wrote:

Yeah, pretty hardcore of me, right? =]
Haha

theheinouskilling667
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:03 am 

Eurnonymous wrote:
They were scene kids?

the story itself wasn't "creepy" in the sense of an unnatural or scary event, it's just that i could have been in the hospital if i had made one wrong move.

Yup, since you didn't know what the dude in the car had, it was probably best to have kept walking. But I can only imagine how much self control you must have to restrain from kicking the shit out of some scene idiots who are fucking with you.

The_Orphanizer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:32 am 

The_Orphanizer wrote:

Yeah, pretty hardcore of me, right? =]
Haha

I don't know about anyone else, but I came.

:|

Let's get back on topic.

My good friends' house is allegedly quite haunted. I've noticed curious goings-on, but have seen no conclusive proof. He and his sister have told me MANY stories about all the crazy shit that's happened there, and though he is a dastardly liar, that is one area I don't generally write off immediately (not to say I blindly accept it either).

One instance I (and another friend) experienced in his home: We stayed the night, and wierd shit happened shortly after my friend (who lived there) fell asleep; we were all in his room. Me and the awake friend heard some loud noises, and since it was about 3 am (and everyone in his house is normally asleep before midnight), we thought it was rather odd. So, we get up, and venture into the house. When we get to the kitchen, I turn on the lights, and all the cabinets and drawers were open, some stuff was knocked to the floor, and of course, no one was in sight.

kronos116
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:21 am 

perhaps a robbery?

pseudodraconis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:40 am 

If you dial 904-241-1080, the sound on the other end is a little weird. Google search says it might be a line used to 'test equipment' by bellsouth but I don't understand why it has to make that bizarre noise. It's changed since the last time I called it(my cousin and I remember it every once in a while and check to see if it is still there).

In fact, after I showed my cousin that phone number, hours later in the middle of the night, I got a phonecall. The number on the caller ID was of course... 241 1080! Pretty startling. Even more startling when I answered and a stern male voice angrily told me, "Stop calling this number. You are ruining the experiment." Turned out to be my cousin using some prank call program to fuck around with me.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:28 am 

Well, there are actually many shortwave radio stations on the air, that you can tune in to if you're in the right country and know how to, made up entirely of an artificial voice (typically adult female, but it can be a man or child sometimes) reading numbers, letters, non-sequiter words or Morse code in any number of different languages. The public don't know what they are and no government has given any clues, but the evidence suggests it's for communicating with spies and other such government agents. Maybe your mystery number is similar in purpose.

Vook
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:36 am 

Eurnonymous wrote:
They were scene kids?

Yup, since you didn't know what the dude in the car had, it was probably best to have kept walking. But I can only imagine how much self control you must have to restrain from kicking the shit out of some scene idiots who are fucking with you.

I don't know how you managed to just keep walking while knowing there's a retard behind you who wants to smash your head with a club.

DocNoc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:33 am 

I have a few stories to share.

1). This happened when I was about 5 or 6. One night I was coming back from my friends house (he lived across the road from me) and when I went to go and press the buzzer to my flat I looked down the alleyway (as my friend had told me a story about a kidnapper called "the bad man" :lol: laugh now but I was shit scared of "him" then, so I always looked down the alley).
And standing my the trunk of the tree I saw an outline of a man, ghostly like (kinda like when you set the black and white contrast up to high on a picture) and it just stared at me, so I went to a neighbours staircase and sat there crying for a while, after about 5/10 mins I went back there and it was gone.

2). This is more recent about 5 years ago (and happened a few times after that), but when I was asleep I felt the room go kinda cold and I almost felt like I was observing myself and the room from outside of my body, anyway I saw this black, mist like ghosty witch thing come into my room and drifted over to where I slept and put it's hand on my face.
When that happened I went back to my body and I felt and intense cold rush and headache, I had to will myself awake.
When I eventually woke up my heart was pounding really fast and I turned the light on and couldn't get back to sleep, creepy thing was that my door was a little open.

3). When I was coming back from a mates house 4 years ago, I came to the road that I crossed loads of time before, and it was an eeirely (sp) quite night, no cars, nothing.
Anyway when I was crossing this road, I saw what looked kinda like an insect until I actually looked at it. It was a cylindrical tube like body with wings and was moving faster than anything I've ever seen, and after a few seconds it went.

4). This happened about a year ago, I was in my room playing some video games, when I heard a low rumbling sound (deeper than an aircraft) coming from outside, when I looked outside I saw 3 unidentified flying objects moving in a slow scalene triangular formation, they all had red lights that where circulating around in a clockwise direction. I don't discount the possibility of it being a military aircraft, as I did live near a RAF base.
But I'm not sure what strategic advantages there are to a slow moving craft moving in such a formation (they kept the formation by the way, like perfect geometry) that makes alot of noise.

This is my final story.
This happened a few weeks back, I was taking a walk up the hill as I usual do, however when I was walking up I heard what sound like a high pitched air craft and it sounded like it was moving in an upward direction.
After a while of walking, I felt as if someone had either out invisible hooks in my back or someone had cut invisible string and was pulling them. Not a nice experience at all.

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:08 am 

Freaky shit, DocNoc, especially the 2nd story. Sounds like some kind of astral projection.

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

DocNoc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:18 am 

boneexposed wrote:

Sounds like an abduction, as silly as it sounds. people who claim to have been abducted say they get stuff like scars, anal pain, headaches and starnge metallic objects under various parts of the skin that baffle scientists because they cannot determine the origin of the metal. it might be worth going to a hypnotherapist (slightly off topic but doesn't that word look like Hypno the rapist :lol:)

pseudodraconis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:19 pm 

Well, there are actually many shortwave radio stations on the air, that you can tune in to if you're in the right country and know how to, made up entirely of an artificial voice (typically adult female, but it can be a man or child sometimes) reading numbers, letters, non-sequiter words or Morse code in any number of different languages. The public don't know what they are and no government has given any clues, but the evidence suggests it's for communicating with spies and other such government agents. Maybe your mystery number is similar in purpose.
Yesss number stations. My cousin and I look for those all the time on his shortwave. That'd be kind of cool if that was what the number was for but I doubt it. Do you happen to know when they were first known of to the public? I'm reading a book and the author brought up something happening to these people who heard a voice start speaking a bunch of random numbers, or talking in spanish, and it reminded me a lot of number stations, but the author connected it to UFO activity going around in the area at the time. The book was published in the seventies.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:31 pm 

pseudodraconis wrote:
Yesss number stations. My cousin and I look for those all the time on his shortwave. That'd be kind of cool if that was what the number was for but I doubt it. Do you happen to know when they were first known of to the public? I'm reading a book and the author brought up something happening to these people who heard a voice start speaking a bunch of random numbers, or talking in spanish, and it reminded me a lot of number stations, but the author connected it to UFO activity going around in the area at the time. The book was published in the seventies.

I got really into this topic sometime last year. For anyone else interested, a group recorded tons of these stations and released a four-CD collection of the recordings. You can download the entire collection free and legal here:

http://www.archive.org/details/ird059

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next