Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Vargafetch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:44 am 

Yeah, I said he died for dramatic effect. He didn't die, his heart stopped. I don't know how it restarted, I figured the same as TheNiceNightmare said - that he had to get resuscitated or it re-started through shock or even just the force of his own will.

Vitross
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:45 pm 

Vargafetch wrote:
My supervisor dreamt one time that he was in a fight or something like that, and got shot. Sometimes when you close your eyes and there's no other distinguishable sounds (other than the "white noise" your brain always generates), you can only hear your heartbeat. When my supervisor got shot in his dream, everything went black. He saw, felt and heard nothing, except his own heartbeat. And since he was dying, he heard his heartbeat start to slow down, like:
Ba-bump
Ba-bump
Ba... bump
Ba.... .... ... bump
b.... .. .. .... ... .. . . . .b....

And in his dream, he died, and his heart stopped. Suddenly, he woke up, and his heart had literally, actually stopped.

Holy shit, pretty much the same thing happened to me a few months ago. In my dream two guys with guns were chasing me and my friend. My friend decided to hide in some random alley, instead I ran on the main road and followed it. It was dark. I kept running on the middle of the road, suddenly a black cat passed me. Still I ran and suddenly I decided to kill myself. One car on the left passed me and I thought to myself (next one). Another car was in front of me so I ran in front of it and it hit me so hard that I went flying in the air and fell to the ground. Next thing everything got very quiet, everything that I could hear was my heartbeat beginning to slow down. I could feel warmth to my face. Suddenly it felt like my soul rose from my body and I had a view of my bloodied and deranged face from above. I could feel pressure to my ears, and I felt more and more warmth on my face. Suddenly my heartbeat started to slow down, soon all I could see was blackness. I controled my dream, because I was thinking in it, I remember that I was saying to myself "so this is death, it's not so bad" then I thought "maybe I'm just dreaming" and in a second I opened my eyes and realized I was lying in my bed.

I've had few dreams where I died but this one was very eerie it felt like I controled everything, I even listened to my iPod and played Bathory in it, it was very bizzare. It felt very real, and when I woke up I was very distracted and my heart felt very weird kind of like it stopped working but then started to pump again and the beat went very fast.

Hey seriously now I'm scared that this will happen to me.

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:19 pm 

Vitross wrote:
*story*

If you felt like you were in control, you probably were, which would make it a lucid dream, which is what Varga said he was also told about. Amazing phenomenon (and apparently somewhat dangerous aswell)... but the reward far outweighs the risk, if you ask me. If you just manage to pull one off, it's one of the coolest things you'll ever experience.

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:47 pm 

Dreams affected by sudden physiological changes or responses are most interesting indeed. If I'm not mistaken, Salvador Dalí's painting "Sting Caused by the Flight of a Bee" portrays a subconscious response to the fearful sensation of being stung, when in fact the sensation is provoked by the sound of a real bee flying close to the dreaming subject.

I remember having one of those in fact. The dream itself ended up being pretty insignificant and nothing I could remember in too much detail. I was doing some mundane things (walking around or some shit) when all of a sudden my calves were stabbed with a pair of meat hooks. I could see them, but due to the overwhelming pain I couldn't reach them. The hooks were starting to pull away trying to rip my calves apart, and at that point the pain was just beyond unreal and I finally woke up. Now guess what was happening in real life...

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:12 am 

I can try to write a story of something happening for some years ago now:

Well, the place here is a farm on the country side, and old farm that is over 150 years old. This was the home we lived in until i was 8-9 years, then we built a new house very close to this one. (i now live in this old house)

My sister, which is 5 years older then me had a lot of experiences here when we was little. She would see people in farm suits on our field in the night, lights in the attic going on by them self and a lot of noises. She wrote all the events down in a book, that i now can't find.

Myself i had an experience a few years ago. This was after we moved to the new house.
It was summer, and i wanted to sleep close to this farm. We had this new building built wall to wall to the barn with beds and stuff.
I slept here for 3 nights. The final night i started to hear a sound from the other side of the wall (the barn).
It was a sound like someone was turning on a wheel or some kind of turning device to smash corn.
I heard it for a long time, and decided to go into the barn and look.
The sound had stopped, but i saw this old thing, it was exactly what i had pictured in my mind, but i had never been in there and seen it before.
I tried to turn on it, but it was rusted solid. It have probably stood there for a hundred of years or so.

Was interesting to find that device that i pictured in my mind when i heard the noise.

SashaGallant
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:44 pm 

cremationconfetti wrote:
The other day I decided to experiment with the Ganzfeld effect, and I got the most strong auditory hallucinations I've ever had. Most of it was loud incoherent mumbling or bits of songs I'd never heard before. Not terribly creepy, but very cool

Me and my friend just did this recently. Pretty interesting shit you hear lol

SashaGallant
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:08 am 

I was visiting in africa two months ago
My goal was to see all those wild animals
Most excited I was when I came close to elephants
They were so big and somehow so scary
Something happened when I snapped a picture
Three elephants surrounded me
One of them ripped off all my clothes
Second elephant came on me and started to spread my buttocks
With its huge trunk
I screamed in agony when I felt it started to shove up my ass
Third elephant forced me to take its giant cock in my mouth
I sucked like a whore while I was assfucked by elephant trunk
After all it wasnt too bad at all
It took only about ten minutes and cock in my mouth started to cum
Extremely huge load of elephant sperm filled my throat and
Spurted allover my face
I was completely fucked up, but elephants had one more thing to do
All three of them huffed and puffed shits on me
Then they left me alone with my ripped asshole
I'll never go to Africa again.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:16 am 

Dwight? Hey, you can use your real name, it's okay.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:13 am 

this is nothing compared to most other stories in this thread but it helps it keep alive
one night i was extremely tired and i went to bed(i have alot of cd cases on my bed room floor) and my dog sleeps underneath my bed sometimes,i could hear him breathing and walking on the cd's but when i turned on the light i could not see him, this happened for about 1 hour till my brother got up and turned on the light to the lounge room(which is right next to my bed room) and then it finally stopped

wintertears
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:14 pm 

This is one of the scariest moments in my life and I remain a coward to this day.

My maternal grandmother's home is quite far away and it was practically a nowhere more than 10 years ago. Not so far out from her little town was an abandoned factory; I think the place used to make glass materials, but I've never found out much about it.

I used to go scavenging behind the factory because there were shitloads of glass marbles out there; the marbles that weren't round enough or had some sort of flaws in them that they were discarded. To get there you either had to go way around the factory and a dingy road or, since the factory wasn't so huge, you could sneak in by one of the side doors and come out the other side.

Like any abandoned factories or buildings this place always gave me creeps, but being what 10 years old, that's something you can overcome temporarily for a bunch of marbles. My grandmother would tell me to come back before it got too dark, and I usually listened to her until one day I became dumb enough not to.

I was picking out marbles and I swear it was no later than 5 or 6pm, but I realized that it was suddenly so dark. The sun had already gone down and I, not having a great eyesight due to early exposure to computer games, had to fumble my way through discarded steel shards. Whenever I stumbled those metal trash made the loudest fucking noise ever I jumped and stumbled even more.

So I got out of the "backyard" and I had two choices: go all the way around the dark, long and creepy road around the factory, or rush through the factory. I regret to this day I chose the latter.

It was nearly pitch black inside there, I couldn't tell anything besides the stair casing I was holding, there were some silhouettes of hooks and machines that used to cut glass like freaking monsters ready to jump at me. I knew where the exit was so I closed my eyes and started to run straight, or so I thought, and I heard this loud 'clink-clank' sound coming from behind. Maybe it was behind, maybe it was above, I really don't know. I was so freaked I couldn't even scream, I was desperately feeling for the exit and that sound just kept getting louder and louder like someone was putting a tape recorder right next to my ears. I might have been screaming but I wouldn't have been able to hear that over the sounds.

Fortunately when I finally got out my grandma and sister were coming to fetch me, worried that I was being later than usual. I think I cried until I collapsed; I really don't remember much after that. I never went anywhere close to that damn place and was relieved to hear that it was torn down for recent housing plans.

Adept128
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:45 pm 

TheNiceNightmare wrote:
Vitross wrote:
*story*

If you felt like you were in control, you probably were, which would make it a lucid dream, which is what Varga said he was also told about. Amazing phenomenon (and apparently somewhat dangerous aswell)... but the reward far outweighs the risk, if you ask me. If you just manage to pull one off, it's one of the coolest things you'll ever experience.

I've been trying to acheive Lucidity in my dreams since earlier this month. I have been reading about it online and it seems to be a great experience. I already can remember my dreams on my own and I am trying to get into the habit of reality checks. It's much easier said than done.

EnemyofLight
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:11 pm 

Yesterday I was out in my shed playing my drums. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a cat walk past my bass drum. When I looked it disappeared. A few days before this, I was playing Freezing Moon and I saw a shadow moving on the opposite wall. It was shaped like a person. I looked around, and of course there was nothing that could have made the shadow.

About a month ago, I was playing Freezing Moon again, and I looked up at the loft on the opposite side of the shed. I saw a dark figure move across the loft. It was, again, shaped like a person. I stopped playing, and just stared for a minute. The figure didn't have a face, but I got this feeling that it was staring right back at me.

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:15 pm 

EnemyofLight wrote:
Yesterday I was out in my shed playing my drums. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a cat walk past my bass drum. When I looked it disappeared. A few days before this, I was playing Freezing Moon and I saw a shadow moving on the opposite wall. It was shaped like a person. I looked around, and of course there was nothing that could have made the shadow.

About a month ago, I was playing Freezing Moon again, and I looked up at the loft on the opposite side of the shed. I saw a dark figure move across the loft. It was, again, shaped like a person. I stopped playing, and just stared for a minute. The figure didn't have a face, but I got this feeling that it was staring right back at me.

Shadow people. It's an incredibly interesting phenomenon, and I wish I'd get to see one some day.

holyrebels
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:51 pm 

forestcorpse wrote:
She would see people in farm suits on our field in the night...

Farm suits? Like Oliver Douglas?

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:42 pm 

Wintertears, where abouts is (was) this abandoned factory, by chance?

In eastern Oregon there is an enormous abandoned cement factory, you can see it from the interstate (about 20 miles northwest of Ontario) and it is not fenced off- so you can still walk around through it. I spent an afternoon there exploring it and snapping pictures. It is a wierd place, to be sure, and makes for some interesting pictures- it reminds me of Minas Morgul from "Lord of the Rings." I saw nothing unusual when I was there but...I have since found out that this place is reportedly haunted, by some of the same sort of "shadow people" 'Enemy of Light' described above. I didnt personally notice anything but again, I was there in the afternoon, in broad daylight- who the fuck knows what happens there at night?

EnemyofLight
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:26 am 

TheNiceNightmare wrote:
EnemyofLight wrote:

Shadow people. It's an incredibly interesting phenomenon, and I wish I'd get to see one some day.

Scared the crap out of me at first. I looked up shadow people, and it seems to fit what I saw. Maybe they don't like Freezing Moon...

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:13 am 

EnemyofLight wrote:
TheNiceNightmare wrote:
EnemyofLight wrote:

Scared the crap out of me at first. I looked up shadow people, and it seems to fit what I saw. Maybe they don't like Freezing Moon...

That would be odd to say the least - while discussing them, the song's spine-chilling opening and the crawling middle section would pretty much be the most fitting soundtrack I can think of. I prefer to think they were there to listen and enjoy :D

Wow, I just reached 2222 posts and it happened right in this thread; best look up on some numerology site and see if I have to be scared now!
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Sleepwalk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:17 am 

EnemyofLight wrote:

Shit, I've seen a bunch of shadow-cats in my house, always scares the shit out of me. I thought I was the only one.

Hm, but I've never seen shadow people before. My brother told me about seeing them before though. I should ask him about them.

jugchord07
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:04 pm 

Lord_Jotun wrote:
EnemyofLight wrote:
TheNiceNightmare wrote:
EnemyofLight wrote:

That would be odd to say the least - while discussing them, the song's spine-chilling opening and the crawling middle section would pretty much be the most fitting soundtrack I can think of. I prefer to think they were there to listen and enjoy :D

Wow, I just reached 2222 posts and it happened right in this thread; best look up on some numerology site and see if I have to be scared now!

I've seen these quite often. I've kind of gotten used to it but it still is pretty creepy when you are just minding your own business and one pops up in the corner of your eye.

Review requests http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... hp?t=74246

My blog http://foulfeast.blogspot.com

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:32 pm 

Sleepwalk wrote:
EnemyofLight wrote:

Shit, I've seen a bunch of shadow-cats in my house, always scares the shit out of me. I thought I was the only one.

Hm, but I've never seen shadow people before. My brother told me about seeing them before though. I should ask him about them.

It's quite possible that your house/general area of living only "hosts" shadow cats, or you've been unlucky. Not every type of shadow creature dwells everywhere, you know.

EnemyofLight
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:39 pm 

jugchord07 wrote:
Lord_Jotun wrote:
EnemyofLight wrote:
TheNiceNightmare wrote:
EnemyofLight wrote:
*story*

I've seen these quite often. I've kind of gotten used to it but it still is pretty creepy when you are just minding your own business and one pops up in the corner of your eye.

Yeah, I'm just practicing the song and it appears and stares at me. I'm guessing it really likes Mayhem.

jugchord07
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:59 pm 

Your post really got me reading up on this stuff. I kind of wish they'd pop up more often

~Guest 217399
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:19 am 

I need to not read this stuff before I go to bed. Starting to creep the shit out of me.

Back in 04 I went down to SO California for the funeral of my grandpa. So for a couple days I see my family, spent time with them, see my grandpa for the last time, etc.

On the last day I was there, I woke unusually early, like around 4 or so. I watched some cartoons for a while before my mom woke up and we got ready to leave to come back home. Nothing unusual about that.

But it wasn't until later that day my mom said that when she woke up that morning, around that same time as I did, because she happened to wake up to see someone or something walking across the hallway in front of the room my mom and dad were sleeping in. I was sleeping on a mattress in the living room. That hallway connects to the living room through a door by the couch. I was sitting in front of that couch while I was watching cartoons. And plus that door that connects to the hallway was open.

My mom said that when she saw it, she couldn't fall back to sleep because it had scared her. She said that it was a white figure.

Whatever it was, it was behind me the entire time.

~Guest 228477
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:24 pm 

WitchingThrash wrote:
I need to not read this stuff before I go to bed. Starting to creep the shit out of me.

So true. It's fucking Friday 13th (not that I really believe in such things, but still...), midnight here, there's also a storm on with lightnings and I have a roof window just behind my desk so I can see the outline of trees and other stuff I can't really recognize. I've only read the first couple pages and yet for some reason I'm continuously postponing my visit to the toilet at the end of the corridor despite of the increasing urge...

Also, I read some article on "shadow people" mentioned before and now I'm afraid of my own eyesight. What did you do to me?!? :P

Good stories btw, I'm glad nothing come to my mind that I could share and would be at least comparable.

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:05 pm 

Last night someething kinda weird, and a little bit scary, happened. I had gone out to watch a meteor shower, so I took my mp3 player, put on some of those more atmospheric Burzum songs ("Tomhet" and "Rundgang...") and went out into the woods, where it was dark enough. I laid there for about 35 minutes, watching the starlit skies, which does sound tranquil and all (and it was). However, after those 35-40 miinutes, I heard some animal coming closer. It sounded like some sort of bird of prey, but incredibly large, and although it was silent, I could hear it coming closer. Now this already spooked me a bit. Suddenly, it sounded like it was rather close, but had stopped, shrieking at me. Here's where it takes a turn for the weird. Rather than squeaking and running away, I peered into the black woods and feel some strange power surging through me, I guess. I then proceeded to growl into the direction of the sound from this "bird" or whatever it was.

Now, I usually growl at things I dislike - sounds weird, I know, but it's a habit I've developed - but this wasn't an ordinary growl. This was a deep, deep, really harsh monstrous almost shout-like sound coming out from far down in my throat, like an enormous wolf or something, and I flt strangely ready to fight whatever that beast screaming at me was. It went silent and I could hear something heading off into the woods. I was freaked out and decided to leave...

I have no idea what possessed me to make such a sound - adrenaline perhaps - but it was scary, and kind of awesome.

Mr_Belvedere
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:45 pm 

Maybe naked fear and paranoia?
Good Trade with: Madcow,Christs_dark_kingdom, destructSEAN, Throne_of_Ahaz, Asti78, Totalitarian_might, turboeye, Irionman, SonOfTheDawn, gagnrad, Wolfhead, Metalbrain, forest07, JPH666, Decry, Third_Of_The_Storms, Z0rn, invocator2k, Valgrinder, VRR, lahger, Okkultor, Drones

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:00 pm 

Mr_Belvedere wrote:

Maybe. I still mostly wonder about what a creature it was that came towards me and scared me in the first place. Sounded far too big to be a bird, and it probably wouldn't have closed in on me like this. Might've been a deer (those things sound pretty freaky), but it didn't sound like that either, and that definitely wouldn't have approached a human like that.

The only commonly accepted explanation would've been an ordinary crow or something, made big and scary in my mind by the darkness and everything. But why it would actually move towards me, like it wanted to attack... that simply doesn't quite add up.

jugchord07
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:18 pm 

TheNiceNightmare wrote:
Mr_Belvedere wrote:

Maybe. I still mostly wonder about what a creature it was that came towards me and scared me in the first place. Sounded far too big to be a bird, and it probably wouldn't have closed in on me like this. Might've been a deer (those things sound pretty freaky), but it didn't sound like that either, and that definitely wouldn't have approached a human like that.

The only commonly accepted explanation would've been an ordinary crow or something, made big and scary in my mind by the darkness and everything. But why it would actually move towards me, like it wanted to attack... that simply doesn't quite add up.

You should go back with a recorder and try to recreate your inhuman growl.

I really wish that some of the stories people have listed here would happen to me.

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:23 pm 

I would, if the circumstances were to be the same and the only thing I have with any recording abilities of note hadn't broken down recently.

Oh, and depending on where you live, it might be difficult to experience stuff like this. Remember, I live out in the woods. The kind of woods that inspired tales of trolls and huldras, and the lyrics of black metal bands. Freaky shit happens daily in this forest. Mountains are kinda the same thing, and abandoned buildings. Really, in an even semi-populated area, scary stuff isn't likely to happen (at least not this kinda scary). Take a hike in some mountains, and you're sure to find something.

Speaking of trolls - call me superstitious, but I swear I saw one once. It was either that or an elk, and elks don't walk on two legs.

KvltLord
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:07 am 

Vitross wrote:
Vargafetch wrote:
My supervisor dreamt one time that he was in a fight or something like that, and got shot. Sometimes when you close your eyes and there's no other distinguishable sounds (other than the "white noise" your brain always generates), you can only hear your heartbeat. When my supervisor got shot in his dream, everything went black. He saw, felt and heard nothing, except his own heartbeat. And since he was dying, he heard his heartbeat start to slow down, like:
Ba-bump
Ba-bump
Ba... bump
Ba.... .... ... bump
b.... .. .. .... ... .. . . . .b....

And in his dream, he died, and his heart stopped. Suddenly, he woke up, and his heart had literally, actually stopped.

Holy shit, pretty much the same thing happened to me a few months ago. In my dream two guys with guns were chasing me and my friend. My friend decided to hide in some random alley, instead I ran on the main road and followed it. It was dark. I kept running on the middle of the road, suddenly a black cat passed me. Still I ran and suddenly I decided to kill myself. One car on the left passed me and I thought to myself (next one). Another car was in front of me so I ran in front of it and it hit me so hard that I went flying in the air and fell to the ground. Next thing everything got very quiet, everything that I could hear was my heartbeat beginning to slow down. I could feel warmth to my face. Suddenly it felt like my soul rose from my body and I had a view of my bloodied and deranged face from above. I could feel pressure to my ears, and I felt more and more warmth on my face. Suddenly my heartbeat started to slow down, soon all I could see was blackness. I controled my dream, because I was thinking in it, I remember that I was saying to myself "so this is death, it's not so bad" then I thought "maybe I'm just dreaming" and in a second I opened my eyes and realized I was lying in my bed.

I've had few dreams where I died but this one was very eerie it felt like I controled everything, I even listened to my iPod and played Bathory in it, it was very bizzare. It felt very real, and when I woke up I was very distracted and my heart felt very weird kind of like it stopped working but then started to pump again and the beat went very fast.

Hey seriously now I'm scared that this will happen to me.

Son, pass me the pipe

bassistneededlolnot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:06 am 

I always have to discredit these "paranormal" experiences every time somebody implies a persistent fear or paranoia. Most of these anecdotal stories, though, are interesting to read and I do believe a lot of them. I, myself, know of at least one genuinely "haunted" location about a 15 minute drive from my house. Let's just say the sound of horse hooves trotting behind my car that I heard is consistent with what other people have reported... and I didn't know a horse was involved in the legend. I wish I had never went to that place. I'm not the type of person that can make anything good out of this experience.

bassistneededlolnot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:11 am 

By the way, what do you skeptics think of "residual hauntings"? I don't know much about the theory but I know it has something to do with certain images and sounds being naturally "recorded" and played back when similar conditions occur at the site. It deviates from the common perception of ghosts in that it doesn't assume that these figures are intelligent in any way and that it doesn't jump to the conclusion that they are proof of an afterlife.

Ravenlord266
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:10 am 

It's about residual energy being stored in objects or places. I once read a very interesting story on a woman who was being "haunted" by a young girl wandering on her stairs. The woman lived there all her life and it eventually turned out that the apparition of the girl was actually a stored memory of the woman herself (from her childhood), somehow imprinted on the location.

very interesting stuff.

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Some cultures radiate "I peaked in high school" energy, metal culture radiates "I peaked when somebody else peaked in high school" energy.

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:43 am 

bassistneededlolnot wrote:
By the way, what do you skeptics think of "residual hauntings"? I don't know much about the theory but I know it has something to do with certain images and sounds being naturally "recorded" and played back when similar conditions occur at the site. It deviates from the common perception of ghosts in that it doesn't assume that these figures are intelligent in any way and that it doesn't jump to the conclusion that they are proof of an afterlife.

Doesn't really make sense to me. I mean, see it this way - how would common objects (trees, staircases, walls, whatever) hold recorded sounds? I can see it working for a silent, visual haunting, but I fail to see how "energy" (funny how some people love to use that word in discussions like this...) can store sounds, you know?

KlawedFlaw
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:32 am 

I was sitting at the lunch table in 8th grade, just doing the usual observation of what everyone else was up to. My worst enemy was sitting at that table, and was talking to one kid who was my friend at the time about bring a knife to school. The kid asked, "What kind?"

I was scared the kid who requested the other kid to bring a knife to school was gonna kill me, because he had given me death threats a few times, and even hit me. It turns out, the kid wanted to stab someone he really hated. It was terrifying either way, because I have a soft spot for the kids people hate, and make fun of, since I'm often one of them, despite being well-liked. I would have hated to know the kid died at the hands of an enemy of mine.

Now the good ending, I told my mom, which, in turn, led to my mom calling the principal, and no one got stabbed. It was awesome after that.

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:28 pm 

Shadow People are memories burned in time. I would sooner believe in a temporal phenomenon before a spirit. But I have seen apparitions more concrete than shadows in my life.

jugchord07
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:29 pm 

The_Apex_of_Collapse wrote:
Shadow People are memories burned in time. I would sooner believe in a temporal phenomenon before a spirit. But I have seen apparitions more concrete than shadows in my life.

I've also read that they are beings from another dimension that don't have the energy to fully form. Very interest things to say the least

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm 

jugchord07 wrote:

I've also read that they are beings from another dimension that don't have the energy to fully form. Very interest things to say the least

I read up on some theories that what we call ghosts, or apparitions, as you say, are actually beings existing on another frequency plain. Imagine an infinite amount of strings in space-time, and each string is but one reality, at some point those strings may overlap by a natural phenomenon (Or if some assholes in another dimension causes a large enough turbulence with some big enough fuck-ups IE. messing with Quarks.) we may come to see traces of other frequencies overlapping with our own.

cremationconfetti
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:06 pm 

jugchord07 wrote:

I read up on some theories that what we call ghosts, or apparitions, as you say, are actually beings existing on another frequency plain. Imagine an infinite amount of strings in space-time, and each string is but one reality, at some point those strings may overlap by a natural phenomenon (Or if some assholes in another dimension causes a large enough turbulence with some big enough fuck-ups IE. messing with Quarks.) we may come to see traces of other frequencies overlapping with our own.

Thank you for suggesting a scientific explanation to this conversation about the supernatural. No matter how insane an experience might seem, it most certainly has a reasonable, scientific explanation.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:10 am 

cremationconfetti wrote:
jugchord07 wrote:

Thank you for suggesting a scientific explanation to this conversation about the supernatural. No matter how insane an experience might seem, it most certainly has a reasonable, scientific explanation.

I wouldn't call suggesting the existence of an infinite amount of overlapping universes very reasonable nor scientific, by definition of those 2 words.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next